[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is a CHIM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: 1460146395714.gif (96 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460146395714.gif
96 KB, 480x480
What the fuck is a CHIM?
>>
File: Scar.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Scar.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>335658073
An abbreviation of Chimera.
>>
It's when you reach a state of inner peace because you realized that everything around is a fucking dream, in other words, We can't keep consistency for shit so if the lore changes in the next game, blame it on CHIM
>>
>>335658073
It is either:

A: The realization that you exist as a character in a videogame. By knowing this, you are granted unlimited power to do as you please (the in game console).

B: The realization that the world is merely a god's dream. Again by knowing this you gain power over the world, but through non-4th-wallbreaking and lore friendly conventions.

Both are effectively the same shit and over the years, there's still no agreement to how far to take it before it becomes retarded.
>>
chim chimmery chim chim chimroo
>>
File: astro_rg_dwemerstarmap[1].jpg (60 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
astro_rg_dwemerstarmap[1].jpg
60 KB, 512x512
Daily reminder that the godhead is not a literal dream, like if the godhead were to "wake up" it wouldn't be an actual real person going "well fuck that was a weird dream"

The godhead is just the nature of that universe and CHIM isn't realizing that everything isn't real, it's realizing that everything is one in the same. It's looking at the "wheel" that is the known universe from the side and seeing it as a tower, which means that there is no separation between things. The person who achieves CHIM then uses this knowledge to change the very nature of the universe however he chooses.
>>
>>335658073
A character in the elder scrolls accessing the ~console feature.
The Dwemer just turned on fucking -noclip
>>
>>335658073
The awareness that you're a character in a story (or a character in a videogame), and that the story (or video game world) is malleable.
>>
>>335658073
Come Home Intercourse with (Your) Mum
>>
If Vivec was so powerful why did he let himself get killed lmao
>>
So what would you guys do if you suddenly achieved CHIM?
>>
File: Furries This is your mindset.jpg (86 KB, 599x619) Image search: [Google]
Furries This is your mindset.jpg
86 KB, 599x619
>>335658073
CHIMP
>>
>>335662321
He chimed himself out of existance
>>
Were the Dwemer the first race of beings in a game to CHIM?
>>
>>335662503
Are you sure?
>>
>>335662569
They didn't CHIM out it was some other wacky bullshit entirely
>>
File: 1461199585483.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1461199585483.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>335658073
>>
File: Unicorn etc.png (347 KB, 512x499) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn etc.png
347 KB, 512x499
>>335662665
>>
>>335662321
>>335662503
Why didn't he use his CHIM power to figure out that Cyrus was bluffing?
>>
>>335663104
>>335662605
dude CHIM lmao
>>
>>335663205
shut up faggot *unzips CHIM*
>>
CHIM is a similar concept to being Unchained in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>335659485
Exactly, just realizing it isn't enough. The viewer has to realize everything is one and they are a part of everything and everything is a part of them. Upon this realization though there are two outcomes. Either they dissolve into the godhead and rejoin with everything, zero summing, or they understand the nature of the universe and retain a sense of identity essentially connecting them to the universe and giving them godlike powers.

The key to unlocking CHIM in the elder scrolls universe is by being able to look at the wheel as a tower and say I at the end. Apparently only 3 beings in the elder scrolls universe have done this provided we don't count the player characters. We know two of them are Tiber Septim and Vivec. According to Kirkbride the third character that achieved CHIM went a step further and unlocked Amaranth which is essentially by sleeping in the godhead and dreaming up your own reality becoming a literal god.
>>
It is when you view/see/understand/realize that nature of the universe and how it is formed. It is not just thinking "Oh, it's all a dream of the Godhead.". It is seeing the proof of such and having the correct fortitude and the correct understanding of CHIM to be able to maintain two different states of being, the first that you are essentially meaningless and that you are the same time part of the Godheads/creation/universe by default.
>>
>>335658073
Here's a question. Why is CHIM so fucking dope? What other games have shit similar to this? Mantling is also another dope Elder Scrolls concept that I love.
>>
File: 50[1].png (5 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
50[1].png
5 KB, 256x256
>>335662364

While your question is interesting at a glance, I want you to think about this for a moment.

What is the real-world equivalent of CHIM?

By that I don't mean the discovery of the world as a mere videogame or dream. I also don't mean any of the abrahamic religions or other tired stories of grandeur written by man.

No, what I'm asking you to define is the age old question:

What happens after you die?

Forget heaven. Forget rebirth. Forget god, deities, etc. Have you ever really considered what exactly are "you"?

Are you just a bag of meat? Is your body "you"? Are you simply an organism with an expiration date and when that date hits you cease to exist?

No. The "you" I'm talking about isn't your brain, your body, or anything tangible. I'm talking about your consciousness. YOU know that YOU exist. YOU know that your body will one day die, and what happens to YOU after that, YOU do not know. There are literally an infinite amount of possibilities that can occur after YOU leave this reality YOU know as "life on earth", the Christian tale of Heaven and God being only one of literally infinite things that could happen after YOU die.

And that is the real-world equivalent of CHIM. Finding out where YOU, your consciousness goes after death.

Now answer your own question. What would you do after knowing what happens after death?
>>
>>335662364
I'd probably do a bunch of weird gay shit like Vivec. I mean, what's left after that? Achieving CHIM is essentially winning life. You become immortal, can alter reality, and also realize just how pointless everything is.
>>
>>335658073
This.
*unzips chinchin*
>>
>>335664425
Well it if twas cool I'd probably kill myself, if it wasn't wasn't I'd strive to live forever.
>>
>>335659160
blow me a FIRE

N'WAH
>>
>>335664753
>Well it if twas cool I'd probably kill myself
wanting to know the answer has brought me to the brink of doing just that several times.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.