[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>demons are called Yokai >its basically dark souls but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ni-oh_tgs_screen_3.jpg (47 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ni-oh_tgs_screen_3.jpg
47 KB, 800x450
>demons are called Yokai
>its basically dark souls but japanese

So is anyone gonna tell from software and Nintendo that Koei Tecmo is ripping them off?
>>
>>335655440

Can't copyright an idea or concept.
>>
>>335655440
Are we going to be telling Bethesda that people have been ripping off Quake for decades?
>>
>>335655440
>Nintendo owns the word Yokai
This is all sorts of wrong I can only hope you're being intentional.
>>
>>335655440
I'm surprised the chinks actually made a game about chink shit, I thought they were too ashamed of their own culture
>>
>>335655659
Well yeah, Nintendo published Yokai Watch, so its their word
>>
>>335655440
>muh everything is a souls clone

underage babies who never played onimusha, I hate this shit generation so much.
>>
>>335655714
...what?
>>
>>335655728
dark souls invented difficulty
>>
>>335655901
Ninja Gaiden came before, you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>335655752
ever noticed how about 90% of japenes videogames are set in some kind of fictional europe setting , medieval, industrial or whatever?
>>
>>335656162
So you just started playing games last gen?
>>
>>335656162
stop posting
>>
>>335655659
>>335655725
There are a few misconceptions here. Nintendo is only the publisher outside of Japan, which means that they own the rights to the English translation/localization (and whatever other languages it was translated into outside Japan). Level 5 is the developer and publisher in Japan, which means they have the rights to the game.

Secondly, it's specifically trademarked as "Yo-Kai Watch" outside of Japan. Official trademarked transliterations of the Japanese title 妖怪ウォッチ outside Japan are "Youkai Watch" and "Yokai Watch". There's no ownership of the word Youkai/Yokai unless it's directly followed by the word Watch, though the same can't necessarily be said for "Yo-Kai", since that spelling is a specific creation by Nintendo. Youkai/Yokai is public domain though. Someone could make a game with the title of "Youkai Souls"/"Yokai Souls" and there would be nothing to go against that.
>>
>>335656328
man you're some weeb if you don't even know about japenese national shame
>>
>>335655525
>Bethesda
>Quake

I mean I know that you are technically right, but god that sentence is fucking weird to look at.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.