[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Kirby game >Metroidvania level design makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Kirby_&_the_Amazing_Mirror.jpg (110 KB, 391x349) Image search: [Google]
Kirby_&_the_Amazing_Mirror.jpg
110 KB, 391x349
This is the best Kirby game

>Metroidvania level design makes keeping the right copy ability challenging
>Challenging enemies in abundance with actual health bars
>Tons of secrets to find like new colors
>Total freedom in co-op allows you to separate and explore the whole world with 3 friends and call them up if you need to fuck shit up
>Tons of unique levels
>Some of the best copy abilities like fucking SMASH are balanced by losing them in one hit

inb4 "Wah the AI is shit"
Who cares? It's pretty impressive they exist at all, if you don't want them don't call them
>>
>>335655324
>Metroidvania level design
How true is this?
>>
>>335655395
Most of the levels are connected and branch out/connect to eachother
>>
>>335655395
I remember there being some areas you'd need a specific power for

There was also a lot of alt. routes in the game.

I remember getting Meta Knigts sword once you 100% the game. There's not much to remember though. It's really unique in that you had multiple choices to traverse a level, and I could see it being sweet to play this with friends. Kirby Super Star is ample times better than this though
>>
>>335655689
Super Star is overrated
>>
>he hasn't hacked his 3DS
>>
>>335655689
>I remember getting Meta Knigts sword once you 100% the game.
Pretty sure you get it after beating the game
makes using those power specific routes a piece of cake
>>
File: tumblr_mgsqcjLwzQ1reats2o1_500.gif (174 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgsqcjLwzQ1reats2o1_500.gif
174 KB, 500x417
It had the best enemy, that's for sure.
>>
>>335655324
I've always wanted a sequel to this game so that I could play the multiplayer. Fuck the link cable shit.

Also, this will be a better Metroid than Federation Force.
>>
>>335655324
>This is the second best Kirby game
fi'd.
Sorry mate but Robobot Planet is the best Kirby game now.
>>
>>335655395
I don't think people know what metroidvania level design means. It means, essentially, a well constructed maze that makes sense geographically.

Kirby AM is just random levels connected to eachother randomly. There's no logic involved and you end up going through a lot of the same places multiple times because of the multiple exits and what not. I consider Kirby AM one of the worst Kirby games. It requires Co-Op but even then it's not very good at all.
>>
>>335655324
Return to Dreamland
>>
>>335656097
>he plays games on a shit-tier screen.
>>
>>335657037
Worse than Triple Deluxe IMO. The framerate drops constantly. Even with 3D off and it feels less complete than Triple Deluxe. What is the best Kirby game?
>>
>>335655324
I beat it a few days ago for the first time in years.

It's pretty solid, but there are some rooms and routes that just plan suck. There are a few routes that you literally can't escape without a certain power, making you either replay through an entire level or have to restart the game. Also, the overworld music gets annoying.

Still a great game though.
>>
>>335659669
>What is holding L

>>335658296
Amazing Mirror is the best and hardest Kirby game with 64 pulling a close second
>>
>>335661168
>hardest
A chore doesn't make it difficult
>>
>>335661231
>Difficulty
>Chore

I bet you summon in Dark Souls
>>
>>335655324
It's the only Metroidvania I've ever liked. Also there is a way around the shit AI, mostly with the giant stone blocks
>>
>>335658124
I don't see how it can be one of the worst kirby games when the only thing it does different is level design and even then there's cohesion. especially in the "main" areas. There's typically one-way routes and such.
>>
>>335661468
I don't play shit games
>>
>>335662998
Because the others are better and actual Kirby games that don't force you to replay the same level over and over just to find an exit?
>>
What's the worst? My vote goes to Epic Yarn
>>
Fond memories of this game.
>>
>>335655689
The only mode in Super Star that touches Amazing Mirror's level of exploration is Great Cave Offensive.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.