[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What other games have interesting dodge mechanics like god hand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: elvis.png (111 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
elvis.png
111 KB, 320x240
>>
killer is dead
>>
>>335652852
I don't remember exactly, but I think Death by Degrees had a unique system.
>>
I'm wondering why dodging in place did not catch on in addition to the normal moving away because this makes you feel like you're going toe to toe with the enemies
>>
Severance Blade of Darkness. Isn't exactly as good but you have sidestep dodges which you can turn into a combo and a backstep.
>>
The Matrix: Path of Neo
>>
>>335652852
Why am I noticing how seductively his big, soft lips are wrapped around that cigar?
>>
>>335652852
P.N. 03
>>
>>335653930
it looks kinda goofy

Dodging in GH is actually three somewhat different moves united on one stick:

- up-dodge doesn't move you at all and is unique
- side-dodges both moves and adjusts your camera and thus is similar to dodge in any other action game just with GH's own peculiarities like camera and constant auto lock-on. They're pretty fast
- back dodging is slow and changes your position but doesn't change camera angle.

The only thing uniting these moves is that nebulous concept of defense and that they're placed on right stick.

They're were placed in right stick because GH's tank controls freed it up

Because noone uses tank controls it was never tried again.
>>
File: assss.gif (779 KB, 149x250) Image search: [Google]
assss.gif
779 KB, 149x250
>>335654460
>>
>>335653930
also dodging in place was in smash before it was in GH
>>
>>335652852
Bayonetta 1 and 2

dat dodge offset
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.