[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Soulsfans think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 920x680large-tile.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
920x680large-tile.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
What do Soulsfans think of this game?
>>
>>335652551
Why Soulsfans?

It's good
>>
>>335652551
Its the "Dark Souls" of "roguelike survival" games.
>>
>>335652551
You have more chances to dying against spiders than actually dying of starve
>>
>>335652551
Never understood the mechanics of this game. Always ended up going insane and dying because of it.
>>
It's only hard if you don't know the mechanics.

So it's literally Dark Souls.
>>
>>335652551
It's good. Both single and multiplayer versions.
>>
File: 1458143693248.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1458143693248.png
79 KB, 291x343
It's good, except in shipwrecked where you can get mad for literally just being wet
>>
How do survive winter
>>
File: 1442191255899.jpg (28 KB, 520x750) Image search: [Google]
1442191255899.jpg
28 KB, 520x750
>>335652551
I think it's gay how rain mindfucks you.
Like it's no issue for me to have a parasol or umbrella by the first rain but who the fuck thought this made any sense?

I've walked for hours in the rain multiple times in my life and not once has my sanity been thrown into question.
>>
>>335653512
Craft some clothing and a thermal stone beforehand. And make lots of jerky.
>>
>>335653620
It's a game. It's not realistic.
>>
>>335653791
Who cares?
Simply saying "it's not realistic" doesn't justify it being fucking stupid.
>>
Needs achievements.
>>
>>335653620
Yeah, but you got home after your rainy walks, changed your clothes and got yourself a hot beverage in your comfy apartment. Try being soaked wet in the hostile wild environment for a day.
>>
>>335653791
shut up faggot.
>>
>>335653841
Anon was comparing the game mechannic with real life. That's why i said it.
>>
>>335653964
This is true. In real life, this can kill you, and staying positive in such a situation is very important.
>>
>>335653964
this
>>
>>335652703
because /v/ is now /ds3g/
>>
>>335652551
I was thinking the other day about making a nice little story driven and/or rpg game as a Don't Starve mod. Their engine looks fun. What do anons think, is it doable? Can I make a something nice with enough effort?
>>
>>335653512
You really only need a thermal stone, then move next to a spiders nest and build a tent. You can survive off of monster jerky and a tent but it would be best to make bacon and eggs with the monster meat. Pigs in the area would be great too. Be sure to bring several stacks of grass and twigs going into winter. ezpz

Honestly, fall season is so easy to survive and gather stuff that its possible to be ready for winter in only a couple of days. Learn to kill butterflies instead of just picking all the flowers.
>>
piece of shit
i bought "dont starve together to play with my gf and that crap did not have couch coop

he launches a fuckin standalone version of the game to introduce onliny multiplayer. Never refunded a game so fast in my entire life

fuck this game
>>
>>335654715
>Not checking to see what kind of co-op it is before buying
It's your own fault
>>
>>335653512
Alright faggot, listen up. Winter is what you prepare for. Autumn? Ain't shit. Autumn's your motherfucking stomping grounds to get your shit together so you DON'T STARVE LMAO during the winter.
Build yourself some mother fucking drying racks. Jerky brings up EVERYTHING, motherfucker, health, hunger, AND sanity. EASILY one of the best food items in the game. If you want to get involved with crock pot recipes you best not do it during the winter fuckboy.
Winter's cold. You best hope you got yourself enough silk and beefalo fur during autumn. If not you might as well walk into a walrus camp and let him bend you over and shove his Wee Mactusk up your ass. Yknow those little dirt patches you find? Suspicious dirt pile? Follow those bitches. And when you hopefully find that Koalafant, you kick its ass and save its trunk. You heard me mother fucker, save it. "B-B-B-B-BUT I'M SO HUNGRY!!" THEN EAT THE 8 MEAT IT DROPS BITCH BOY THAT TRUNK IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE SHOVED DOWN YOUR FAT GULLET. Shit can be used in a Breezy Vest, a damn good winter survival clothing item. If you find a track during winter, nigga yous blessed because then you can make yourself a Puffy Vest, almost 3 times warmer than the Breezy Vest.
Thermal stones, bitch. Craft one, drop it by your fire, whoopdedoo you got yourself a fire in your pocket, doubling as your own personal thermometer.
>heavy breathing
Alright motherfucker, it's time. The Deerclops is here and he's looking for your ripe anus.
>>
>>335653512
>>335656153
You can deal with him multiple ways. You can fight the Deerclops outright, if you got enough jerky. The Deerclops is actually a bitch, and you can make him learn his place as your bottom bitch by slapping him with your thick spear. He's damn easy to kite, just don't get hit or else you gon be hurtin. His sanity aura is a bitch too, thus your jerky. Your jerky will combat any losses you encounter during this fight.
You can use the pan-flute/sleep darts and gunpowder combo. Basically put this nigga to sleep and then blow his happy ass up.
Lastly, you can just straight up leave. Make yourself a to-go bag with food, firewood supplies, and some essential tools to keep you going for a few days away from base. When the bitch ass Deerclops comes thru, slap his asscheeks and run away. He'll tunnel the shit out of you and you can lure him away to some place that isn't your mother fucking base. Word of advice, if you care for your beefalo, DON'T bring him there. Numbers aint' shit when he's got an AOE attack.
Congrats, bitch, you made it through winter.
Now get ready for summer.
>>
File: Features.png (15 KB, 285x185) Image search: [Google]
Features.png
15 KB, 285x185
>>335654715

If only there was some way to know ahead of time
>>
>>335652849
You have to eat the flowers.

e a t f l o w e r s
>>
pretty fun and addictive but I haven't played in a long time. Is the together version just the same game on a multiplayer server?

btw what do you guys think of other survival games? I got the long dark but I don't even know what to do. I think I prefer the top down kind.
>>
>>335656223
>>335656153

Deerclops always fucks me, and I inevitably start running out of food. I think I focus too much on base prep, instead of developing a strong inventory for winter. About 7 days into winter twice now I have had deep issues with food.
>>
>>335656919
Don't expect to stay at your base all day, pussy. Get yourself some good, warm clothes so you can go out and hunt like a real man. You might have to slap some of your beefalo buddies but its them or you.
It's a good idea to have your base prepped with any sort of grass or twig farms you may need, drying racks, crafting stations, etc, but don't go overboard with dumb shit like a thermometer.
>>335656912
Don't Starve Together has a lot of minor changes to pretty much everything. It's essentially the same game though.
>>
>>335652849
and wear hats
>>
>>335656912

Together is the same, but all the characters and mobs were re-balanced for co-op play.
>>
>>335652551
Feeds into the worse part of my personality, the ability to grind and do mindless shit in video games for hours. Year one of the game is interesting but once you're well supplied the game gets super boring. I prefer playing multiplayer with my gf and irl friends because the added difficulty of supporting terrible players makes things spicy.

the combat is complete dogshit though

and i love the voice acting
>>
I feel sorry for Maxwell, and Charlie a cute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo6o52C58as
>>
File: 1451570869013.png (581 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451570869013.png
581 KB, 1280x720
>try out shipwrecked
>you have your own island to repurpose for survival
>comfy as fuck
>monsoon season
>mfw sealnado breaks everything you worked for and kills you
>>
Every time I try to play my furfag fox character the game crashes. I wish I could get a refund
>>
>>335656580
Pick them, not eat them.
>>
>>335657502
dumb rat poster
>>
>>335657727
>>335656580
DON'T LISTEN TO THESE MADMEN
Pick all your flowers, and you're done nigger. Don't go on flower-picking sprees until you've got a bug net and can catch a decent amount of butterflies. When you plant them, they turn into flowers. Don't pick what you can't replant nigger.
>>
>>335652849
play willow
you cant go insane with her
shes basically easy mode

wendy is the earliest unlock that lets you experience hard mode also best waifu

wigfrid is fun for exploring
>>
I wish DST would have a bigger following on /v/

I'd love to play on an active server with fellow /v/irgins trying to survive together. Especially in that survival mode where we're all scattered across the map and have to look for each other and there's no respawn.

P.S: Wendy is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>335658014
Well sure, don't pick the flowers until or unless you actually need to for your sanity. Long term, you want to use other things for sanity (e.g., hats), but in the early game flowers and garlands are the easiest way to regain it.
>>
I think it's pretty fun.
Wish more people played Don't Starve Together
>>
>>335652551
its OK

but the fuck can i do besides get berries and sticks
>>
>>335658268
i only follow it because i loved the survival/craftan maps i played on wc3

troll island tribes is basically DST minus the pvp
>>
>>335652551
The mechanics are stupid, especially the seasons. Winter always made me go insane within few days. Overall shit game.
>>
>>335652551

>finally beat deerclops with a friend
>spring starting
>damn, feels so good
>it starts raining as fuck
>a lot of fucking frogs
>frogs destroying my beefalo herd
>going insane
>my friend playing wx-78
>dies after one day
>turns into a ghost
>frogs, rain, death, ghosts
>die from insanity

Good fucking spring pham. Holy shit, it's fun
>>
>>335652551
It's tedious.
If I wanted to live life I wouldn't be playing videogames.
>>
>>335658268
If you made a steam group for it, I'd join.
>>
File: shadowfridge.png (233 KB, 373x465) Image search: [Google]
shadowfridge.png
233 KB, 373x465
>>335658146
Wigfrid is best girl
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.