[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
desu its really boring. the maps are pretty good but just a bore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ghsfsgh-gears-of-war-4-vertical.jpg (564 KB, 612x779) Image search: [Google]
ghsfsgh-gears-of-war-4-vertical.jpg
564 KB, 612x779
desu its really boring. the maps are pretty good but just a bore to look at, its basically just gears 3 with worst characters to play but in 60fps.
>>
File: 1440307674548.gif (2 MB, 350x310) Image search: [Google]
1440307674548.gif
2 MB, 350x310
>>335649617

Reminder:

The hammerburst is shit.

The boltok is also shit again.
>>
Yeah its kinds meh, there is no reason to pick the hammerburst over the lancer, and the gnasher bullshitty things still do happen but less often than in gears 1,2,3, i also felt that its easier to get headshots with the longshot, the only thing that would make this interesting is more/better weapons
>>
I played like 10 games and shit on people who clearly dont play gears and are only playing the beta because its free so that might have skewed my opinion a little but basically:

Gnasher combat is decently fun but clearly 1 hitting people from ridiculous distances
None of the guns feel satisfying, torque bow especially feels and sounds ridiculous compared to UE where it feels great
Games ugly and betas not an excuse
Maps were pretty awful and people will probably end up sticking to throw back maps
idk who exactly is on the coalition team and what each one has done with gears in the past but the game feels like people who never worked on gears tried to replicate gears 3

i wont be buying this one and thats just the reason i needed to sell my xbox instead of saving it for october
>>
File: 1446759777443.png (1 MB, 788x872) Image search: [Google]
1446759777443.png
1 MB, 788x872
>>335650260
>Can't get to level 20 because every time I try to play I can't connect to Gears Service
>>
>>335651469
>idk who exactly is on the coalition team
theyre the masterminds behind the masterpiece that was judgment
>>
Beta is okay, definitely not the gears 3 beta but dodgeball is really fun. Really hoping the arm rip comes back and they do something about the hammer burst.
>>
>>335652259
No, they're not.
>>
>>335651469
>betas not an excuse

This is the state of gaming. Battlefront and Destiny had demos branded as betas and now if you release a real beta you get screwed up by retarded people, just look at those YouTube comments bashing the graphics on a game who still has half of a year until release.
>>
All explosives are overpowered right now and the lancer and gnasher do too much damage. The pistol doesn't do enough damage.

The shields suck and doing offensive maneuvers like the wall mantle and the command grab are too slow and too punishable to consider using them against people who know how to play the game. It feels like those two are only to be used in situations where you're going to surprise the shit out of someone focused on something else rather than using it to push a place that people are holed up at. They both have crazy start-up and ending lag.

Also, the maps have a bunch of walls that splits up the action too much in my opinion. Maps need more power weapons placed in the middle of a no-man's land

The game is pretty fun though. The amount of damage that everything does makes it real easy to trash people who don't know how to play.
>>
>>335656994
Hammer and pistol are useless.

Gnasher has good damage just too much range.

Dropshot ammo down to 2 and slow down projectiles a little.

Sniper is good.

Bow is too easy too use.

Boltok feels weak.

Boomer is ok.
>>
Garbage. The graphics are somehow worse than Gears 1 remastered. And it's just the same retarded shotgun spam as it always has been. Brain-dead multiplayer that requires no thought or skill. Might buy for the campaign and horde like the rest, but the multiplayer continues to be shit.
>>
>>335657324
I think the bow has always been easy to use, it's just that now the bow makes almost no sound and doesn't have a big glowing light on it anymore. There's a very good reason why you could hear and see anybody using a torque bow in 2 and 3, and that's because that shit is good as hell. Precision weapon that can kill in 1 hit no matter where you hit on the body.

Also the dropshot does need to be slowed down and have more sound to be noticed. What made the digger fair is you could see that shit tunneling underground and also hear it digging. If you got hit by it, well...

Either way it's gonna get the big nerf
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.