[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Assault was a good gamw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: Star_Fox_Team_Assault.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox_Team_Assault.jpg
128 KB, 1024x1013
Star Fox Assault was a good gamw
>>
File: Fleet action.webm (3 MB, 616x480) Image search: [Google]
Fleet action.webm
3 MB, 616x480
>>
it did alot of things wrong but I loved the ones it got right, like the voices and arwing levels, and Aparoid plot was neat, instead of rehashing muh dead dad kill andross in venom again, good to see the characters evolve

I for one enjoyed the shooter levels idk why but I see why people hate them, but I cant say they dont fit in the star fox universe, much better than gyro wing and the little hacking robot

also GOAT multiplayer

it's my favorite SF but not the best
>>
No it wasn't.
Checkmate, atheists
>>
>>335647293
I got the urge to replay it after Zero. I at least enkoyed the on foot segments moe than the gyrowing, and the on rails segments ot had were fun.
>>
>>335647519
you just summarized my opinion senpai
>>
Single player ranges from average to terrible.

Multiplayer is aces.
>>
>>335647763
What? Every space mission was great, with the highlight being the last mission, the battle with Pigma and The Wolf team mission. The ground ones are shit to decent but the arwing ones are amazing

Fuck you
>>
>>335647519
fucking this
>>
>>335647996
The Arwing levels were the high points, for sure, but they're slower, easier, and the mechanics simpler compared to the Arwing levels in the original and 64.
>>
Star Fox Assault felt like it was a fan game.
>>
File: HmmTouche´.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
HmmTouche´.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
>>335647293

It always was a good game. The problem was it wasn't as good of a rail shooter as 64 and that's what the fanbase wanted at the time.

I say it has some solid ideas between the on foot, tank, and Arwing gameplay and a PHENOMENAL multiplayer mode and OST (only 2 songs but Wolf's theme is incredible). If they expounded on the multiplayer for an online mode of 32-64 players, they could have had a Smash Bros/Mario Kart for the shooter genre. Though Splatoon is there, this one has it's own niche due to the scale it can go at.

Miyamoto was on point when he said "he could have made Halo but chose not to".
>>
>>
>>335647293
>tfw I gave more of a shit about whether or not Star Wolf made it out alive than just about any other character in the game
GIVE ME AN ANSWER, SHOW ME A BODY OR SOMETHING
>>
>release a collection of star fox games for Wii U or NX doesn't matter
>include 64 3d, Adventures, Assault, and an eshop download code for Command
>hire some third party like Tantalus or Hexadrive to remaster them and include online if possible
>call it Star Fox Legends Collection to signify that its no longer canon
>also shows why they decided to start over with such a cluster fuck story happening
r8 my idea
>>
>>335648735

Ironically Zero is considered pretty lackluster in comparison, and some of that is coming from those individuals. I kinda have to agree with the Giant Bomb review, the game is something many have grown past, therefore does it have a place now?

I said it for awhile too, I like 64, but you cant be serious to think it can survive now by being what it was 20 years ago. If another game is made, I assume it'll be on the lines of Uprising where it focuses far more on the foot missions
>>
>>335650149
All they have said about future games is that they want Krystal in along with other side characters, they want to expand the lore, war, and universe, and that they want bigger battles and their own "Death Star moment"
>>
>>335650149
I just want Ace Combat in space with furries. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>335650084
That sounds like a good deal, Nintendo would never go for it
>>
>>335651761
You never know, Star Fox is one of the few series Shiggy really cares about since he's forced himself to no longer work on 3D Mario games
>>
>>335651664
then people will magically bitch since it is not like 64
it's a unwinnable situation
>>
>>335652123
Fuck those people. Those people are a vocal minority who don't actually realize that they don't want SF64 again, because when they got SF643D they hated it.
>>
>>335650084
Those are all still canon you fucking simp
>>
>>335652413
Sure, canon in their universe.
Just like how the Star Wars EU is cannon to the Legends universe.
>>
>>335652413
I don't think Command is. The others, though, yes.
>>
>>335647293
I liked it, actually.

LOVED the multiplayer. I'd give a nut for 16 players though.
>>
It was great, I loved the style of the hud, but my biggest issues with it was the weird trebley filter all the sounds were put through, and the fact that out of ten levels, only three were on-rails flying. Those were the best parts of the game.
>>
>People now "like" assault
>People think Zero is a good game

No wonder Star Fox has gone to shit, these faggots are the ones who Nintendo is listing to. The only thing good about Assault was its MP and Space Armada your literally shitposting or forgot how bad it was if your actually claiming it's good
>>
>>335653254
Let me guess; 64 was the only good one, right? The problem is that Nintendo is listening to faggots like you. You're the reason we got Command instead of a better Assault. Feel proud of yourself, you're retarded.
>>
>>335647519
10/10
>>
>>335653548
>Command is nothing like 64 but 64 is the reason we got it.

wew

You know which two games are the top selling and rated in the series?

64 and 64 3D. I'm fine with change but stop trying to do garbage like on-foot with shit controls or Gyrocopter and overal shit forced controls. A refined Assault would be shit, more on foot garbage with for furry drama, linear progression with one ending game with a focus on story, furry drama and the destruction of Star Wolf's character
>>
File: 1461282259138.jpg (111 KB, 819x442) Image search: [Google]
1461282259138.jpg
111 KB, 819x442
>>335653995
Actually Adventures has a higher Metacritic score and has sold more than 64 3D
>>
>>335653995
>I'm fine with change but stop trying to do garbage like on-foot with shit controls or Gyrocopter and overal shit forced controls.
>I'm fine with change but stop trying to change things

Wow. I was being an asshole before when I called you retarded, but now I just feel bad because I think you actually might be for real.
>>
>>335654085
yes, but I'd hardly call it a star fox game.

at best you could say it was an adventure game, but in reality, it was a mediocre zelda clone that tried way too hard to be different.

Adventures was a step in the right direction, but having it contain those fucking on foot sections was fucking stupid. I mean, the sections where you'd be driving the landmaster on terrain doing shit was fun, but running around at mach 5 shooting shit was just bland and boring.
>>
>>335654317
Ironically I think it had the best Fox in the series
>>
>>335654210
Are you trying to say assaults on foot sections deserved to be re visited
>>
>>335654390
I'm saying Assault's on-foot sections need to be fixed, not removed.
>>
>>335654390
Absolutely, I think Assault 2 with improved on foot gameplay and more on - rails arwing stuff would be the best SF title since 64
>>
Just make the on-foot like EDF
>>
>>335653995
>Destruction of Star Wolf's character

Are you shitting me? Wolf functions much better as a rival and antihero than as "le evil mercenary xDDD". A refined assault would do much more for the series than ANOTHER 64 rehash.
>>
I want to fuck that bird
>>
>>335654573

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0VOTmRKr4

I would be absolutely be down to pay $60 for that. It would work exceptionally well, since there was already a jetpack in Assault anyway.. They could even make the reflector a part of core gameplay, since they seem so keen on making it canon.
>>
File: 1438327019505.jpg (12 KB, 252x147) Image search: [Google]
1438327019505.jpg
12 KB, 252x147
>there are people RIGHT NOW who don't think Assault had GOAT multiplayer
>>
Assault Star Wolf best Star Wolf, in terms of character and team composition. Too bad it leaves them a member short.
>>
>>335654869
They were way too big for just 4 players though.
>>
Homestly im fine with whatever gameplay as long as krystal is in the sequel.

Then this can finally end.
>>
On foot for SF multiplayer only.
>>
>>335652285
>Those people are a vocal minority who don't actually realize that they don't want SF64 again
They want Star Fox 64 but bigger, better, and with much more content.
This has never been done, so whether anyone actually wants such a thing is impossible to determine from sales or whatever.

>because when they got SF643D they hated it
Well yeah, those people want a new game LIKE Star Fox 64, not a remake from scratch of 64 that manages to be not as good as the original version in some areas and has no new content.
>>
>>335654442
Why? How would taking Star Fox from a series with a somewhat unique identity and gameplay to a more generic TPS benefit things?
What's wrong with Star Fox being Star Fox?
>>
>>335655756
Not him but I really don't know how to approach some things in the series which makes me understand the struggle every dev has had with the series.
Star Fox has a fucking amazing setting but the gameplay style it has that people love keeps you from really getting in close and seeing more of it without making it into something the majority of fans will hate.
They could always do hub worlds or some shit but that wouldn't really fit with Star Fox.
>>
>>335654573
I'd really rather it not.
Some things like EDF's sense of scale and sheer volume of enemies would be rad as fuck to see in pretty much anything, and Star Fox is no exception, but as far as shooting mechanics go you could do a lot better,
>>
>>335654442
>>335654485
It's a rail shooter not a third person shooter fuck off already. What's with you faggots desperation with changing this series genre?
>>335654668
There was nothing wrong with Wolf the way he was, Leon turned into a faggot and no Pigma or Andrew
>>
File: 1392775364622.jpg (221 KB, 517x800) Image search: [Google]
1392775364622.jpg
221 KB, 517x800
>>335655948
I think if 2 had been released the series wouldn't be in this position.
That game was crazy ambitious for the time, and it doesn't really play quite like anything else I've ever played, including its predecessor, yet somehow feels very true to the core of what Star Fox is about to me.
There's no forward scrolling shooting in the entire game, there's no real "levels" proper, there's no lives, you die and it's game over, there's a simple though substantial strategy element to the game, there's some roguelite elements, and in everything except the final area you're always on the clock with enemies and missiles and shit advancing in real time toward Corneria to try and destroy it.
We already had the game that would have made Star Fox more than just another forward scrolling shooter series in the vein of AfterBurner, Panzer Dragoon, Galaxy Force, etc., and it was canceled and replaced with a rehash of the original.
>>
File: 1461610244353.jpg (108 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
1461610244353.jpg
108 KB, 1280x989
>>
Star Fox Assault 2
>>
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.