[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think they'll keep the vehicle mechanic for Mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Mp10.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mp10.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Do you think they'll keep the vehicle mechanic for Mario Party 11?

Is this just going to be the new standard for the MP series the same way Sticker Star's gameplay was for Paper Mario?
>>
>>335644567
I hope not, these new decisions as of late are off putting. I'm hoping the NX rumors are true and that they go back to basics... at least for now. Build the foundation before you to the crazy shit.
>>
>>335644567
As much as I don't care for it, it is here to stay. The director guy gave a a very valid reason as to why it is there:

''In past installments, everyone would move separately through the board. As a result, the actions of the other players often didn't affect you. You could just look at the TV screen when it was your turn and during the minigames. In Mario Party 10 though, players move together in a car, so each player's action will affect the others meaning you'll need to keep an eye on the TV screen. This way, everyone's constantly involved, and we keep the flow of the game at a good pace.''
>>
>>335646124

If you're not paying attention to what your opponents do and have in a game of Mario Party, then you're a fucking casual.
>>
>>335646124
>As a result, the actions of the other players often didn't affect you

I guess all those memories of everyone fucking each other over in the past titles are fake, then.
>>
>>335646124
I wonder why Amiibo Festival didn't have the mechanic then
>>
>>335646124
That's a shit reason, the previous games kept your attention anyway.

It sucked being 4th place, but it didn't matter.
>>
>>335646290
I'm not really sold either way on this, but I think you're missing the point. It's not about paying attention, it's about the other players actually having a noticeable effect on what happens to you outside of minigames.
>>
>>335646602
It's not worth losing your own autonomy man.
>>
>>335646124
Great excuse, but we all know it's bullshit and it's more because "Mario Party destroys friendships" and we can't have that on a family-centric console can we?!
>>
>>335647717
how does this one not destroy friendships? the car sucks but i still get pissed at people when i play. even moreso sometimes because they can fuck you over for your next role
>>
File: 1428806515530.png (275 KB, 635x471) Image search: [Google]
1428806515530.png
275 KB, 635x471
>Mario Party 10
>Paper Mario: Color Splash
>Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
>Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
>Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
>Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Anyone have that pic of Reggie saying "Transformation" with all the bad metacritic scores underneath him?
>>
>>335646453
It was the power plays that made the older titles so good.
>Getting mega lucky on Game Guy
>Sabotaging Team Mini-games
>Horror Land's Mega Boo steal
>Using the Milk Barn to teleport your friends and rub salt in their wounds as you make them watch you buy the star in front of them
>Using chance time to change the game and accidently giving the win to someone else
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.