[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of buying a ds soon for the GBA and DS features. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 148172416_9a32417e13.jpg (71 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
148172416_9a32417e13.jpg
71 KB, 432x288
Thinking of buying a ds soon for the GBA and DS features. The question is, should I go for the phat or the lite? The biggest dividing factor for me are the screens. The lite's screens seem so much better than the phat's. Though the phat has a better form + better buttons. What do you think /v/?
>>
lite + flash cart & gba ram expansion
>>
File: kyle_disapointement.gif (38 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
kyle_disapointement.gif
38 KB, 192x224
>>335639632
>Buy a N3DS.
>Get a DS flashcard
>Hack N3DS.
>Free GBA, DS and 3DS games.
Do it.
>>
The lite has a much better screen. Consider purchasing a 3rd party grip for it though, it's not exactly comfortable to hold.
>>
>>335640135
This, there's even an idiotproof guide for you to follow to make it happen.
>>
I prefer Phat. All of my DS gameplays came from Phat, and only Phat.

>>335640135
>>335641613
He didn't mention anything about 3DS, though. If you're not going to help, atleast don't post.
>>
>>335639632
how is this even a contest

you'd have to be really weird to prefer the phat over the lite
>>
File: ss (2016-04-26 at 10.03.19).jpg (83 KB, 904x470) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-26 at 10.03.19).jpg
83 KB, 904x470
>>335639851
>>335640146
>>335642484
The lite has gross squishy buttons. DS Phat just feels better to play, its also cheap as fuck
>>
>>335639632
A DS Lite with DS Phat buttons maybe? DS Lite was a lot more comfortable for me but I liked the phat buttons better. I don't think it'd be too hard to replace them.
>>
>>335639632
The awkward power button placement on the DS phat is enough to make me choose the Lite over it any day.

I don't even know why they brought that shit back with the o3DS, clearly they realized their mistake again and fixed it with the N3DS.
>>
>>335642296
We only suggest it because it's literally the best of both worlds AND offers more. The only thing you would want original hardware for was if you wanted to do something like transfer Pokemon from GBA to DS to Bank.

But if that's completely out the question:
I loved my DS Lite, the compactness and better screen made me enjoy it than the DS Phat. The D-Pad and face buttons DID however get to me after playing for extended amount of time, so if you could do what >>335642894
suggests then it'd probably be your ideal choice.
>>
I have both. The Lite has far superior visuals. The phat feels better in the hand. Lite wins.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.