[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
How is this?
>>
Most generic game name ever, it's shit by the way.
>>
>>335638983
why?
>>
>>335638983
>generic name
Yeah I'll give you that.

>shit
No it's not. Flawed, but definitely refreshing. Here's my rundown:

Pros
>Unusually good writing for a Compile Heart game
>Lots of random events to keep things fresh
>Nice art
>Lots of waifu to pick, Fegor a CUTE
>Decent OST
>Nice simple combat

Cons
>Combat can be too simple at times
>Necessary to finish the game 10 times if you want all CGs unlocked (thankfully only once if you want to get true ending)
>Some RNG in events is bullshit, no skill
>Magic build unviable

Ask me if you've any questions.
>>
>>335639684
He hasn't played it
>>
>>335640373
It's pretty hard to trust people that like compile heart or play them "ironically", though

Not saying that the game isn't actually fine, but still
>>
>>335640634
>how is game?
>I dunno it's pretty hard to trust someone who likes game
what
>>
>>335640634
to be fair compile heart has improved vastly as of late.
>>
>>335640831
I'm pretty jaded from someone telling me that one of the nep games was good when it wasn't

Also all the people on /a/ who said something was good and it turned out to be kinda generic
>>
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Both the roguelike combat and raising sim elements are relatively simplistic, but they work fairly well in conjunction with each other. The game also has a surprisingly good cast of characters.
>>
>>335640998
So you just made this thread to be told it was shit even if it isn't? It's a very different game than Nep, very different atmosphere and theme.
>>
>>335639684

It's shit because it's shit because it's shit I'm guessing. Surprised somebody actually asked for a reason instead of just going along with it because it's convenient
>>
Faust is best girl
>>
>>335640373

Eh, I'll be waiting for the PC version. The game already got rated for PC according to ESRB, so it's only a matter of time for it to show up like any other CH/IF game.
>>
>>335637803
I've been playing this. Got the bad end as my first ending a few days ago.

Such a fun game, with really likeable girls. I'm actually surprised at how challenging this game actually is, I went in assuming it'd be just some easy to blast through RPG with decent girls.

Mammon is best girl by the way.
>>
>>335640373
>>Unusually good writing for a Compile Heart game
That might be because it's Compa in name only, it was headed by the ex-NIS devs that went over.

>>335643741
It's pretty easy if you sit back and think about your build for a few minutes. I ended up killing Trillion with my first overlord on the first playthrough, and I wasn't even meaning to.
>>
>>335640998
>Also all the people on /a/ who said something was good and it turned out to be kinda generic

never listen to /a/. They think generic harem anime like Hundred is godly
>>
>>335645096
but /v/ thinks generic shonen like Akame Ga Kill is good.
>>
>>335645096
Actually when I was there everyone was shitting on it for being another battle harem when they had two just like it last season
>>
File: faust.png (77 KB, 446x648) Image search: [Google]
faust.png
77 KB, 446x648
>>335643461
Fegor for me personally, but at times I like Faust better. Granted, I've yet to see her ending.
>>
>>335645175
generic shounen > generic harem

>>335645275
nice lie
>>
File: ash.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
188 KB, 1920x1080
>>335644685
>killing Trillion with my first overlord on the first playthrough
Either you got lucky on your build or you used a guide; first playthrough I only killed Trillion with my 4th Overlord, pic related.
>>
>>335644685
I honestly thought I was doing well, but the instant he went into his second form I just kept getting stomped on no matter what.

My second playthrough has started off really well though.
>>
I hate the wind bullshit of Trillion's 2nd form.

Not to mention it launched an attack when the attack range was orange (not red) and killed my 2nd Overlord with a cheap shot
>>
Does sealing Dragon forms head not do anything?

I assumed it would stop him from using his mouth based attackes since the weapon literally stabs through his mouth but that obviously didn't work out. Felt like He could still do everything
>>
>>335640895
They really haven't, they're putting out the same shit quality games as always
>>
>>335645940
Compare the first nep game to VII and there's a big difference
>>
>>335645940
Fuck off
>>
>>335645623

Not him, but all you have to do is abuse passives and abilities that can stack. Last I checked, using the passive that increases damage the longer you stay still in conjunction with the ability to teleport leads to murdering everything with ease.
>>
>>335646064
there's a teleport?
>>
>>335646120
Flash Step, Charge, Aerial Strike, Flame Dragon.
>>
>>335646346
oh. I have been using Like a Kangaroo
>>
>>335645567
I don't know why people like you lie.
http://desustorage.org/a/search/text/hundred/type/op/
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/139608157/
>>
>>335646120

Yeah, and using it doesn't reset the bonus damage from the passive. The entire game becomes a complete joke if you use combos like this.
>>
File: nep.jpg (97 KB, 1280x1197) Image search: [Google]
nep.jpg
97 KB, 1280x1197
>>335646442
kek
>>
>>335645623
I went in completely blind. It's not hard to realize magic is shit (I would have went for physical, anyway) and that you won't you need HP and DEF early on, which you're taught by the game opening with Trillion destroying Zeabolos and Mokujin fights after that. Everyone should realize how broken final sprint is as soon as they read the description.

It's a really easy game to beat if you're any good at theorizing your build and experimenting with mechanics, like figuring out that abilities that move you don't count as actual movement.
>>
>>335646809
>Everyone should realize how broken final sprint is as soon as they read the description.

the "stats go down and then go up skill"? Does that have a cap and how high do the stats go each turn?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.