[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was he the bad guy again? Everything he said made perfect sense.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563 KB, 867x766) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563 KB, 867x766
How was he the bad guy again? Everything he said made perfect sense.
>>
>>335635719
oh cool this thread again. borwsing /v/ is like watching cable television
>>
>>335635873
>My favorite thread is on, turn up the shitpost
He isn't wrong but he took to extremism with war and all.
>>
>>335636080
Current system is shitty, doesn't mean augmentation-fueled anarchy is a good option.
>>
>>335636589
it's the only way to counter decadence
>>
>>335636890
That doesn't even make any sense
>>
>>335637031
sure it does, constant competition lifts all of society up
>>
I think Raiden killed him because he felt bad about it
>>
>>335636890
You stop the boat from sinking by burning it down?
>>
>>335635719
"let's make america great again by turning it into somalia"
makes perfect sense
>>
File: 1459197543334.png (278 KB, 499x647) Image search: [Google]
1459197543334.png
278 KB, 499x647
>>335637430
>constant competition lifts all of society up
>this is what capitalist dogs actually believe
>>
>>335635719
because if we purged the weak then all 4chan users would be dead
>>
>>335635719
Human beings evolved by doing the exact opposite of what Armstrong wants. Individuals fighting not for what they want, but for the good of society. Armstrong's plan was doomed to failure from the start because even if he had done everything he wanted to do, human society would naturally revert back to what he hated because that's how we as a species have evolved.

And that's not even mentioning that he was a hypocrite who only paid lip service to the idea so he could put himself at the top.
>>
>turn america into a third world shithole like nigger countries in africa
>made perfect sense
>>
>>335635719
Disregarding your opinion on his statements, his means to an end weren't justified and were ethically and morally wrong.
>>
>>335635719
Game was made by japanese devs so american imperialism is bad
>>
He was basically buff and eloquent Trump. Of course you scrawny ass white boys like him.
>>
>>335643138

Armstrong would beat Trump into the fucking ground
>>
>>335640636
Let me say that I don't believe that armstrong is "the good guy" or anything

with that said

How do you account for people that WANT to fight for the improvement of society? His argument wasn't "everyone should be an anarchist fuck everyone else", his argument was that americans were fighting for the benefit of things that aren't america (but instead the war economy or whatever) and how wrong it is that people are fighting in random countries just for a paycheck (see the scene with raiden hearing the non-censored thoughts of the mooks before monsoon)

Armstrongs america wouldn't inherantly be against people that just want to fight everyone for whatever anti-society means if that was what they truly believed in, but armstrongs america would also support the people that believe in society and would fight in response to that to strength that society

how is a platinum game 2deep4u?
>>
>>335643569
It's the same argument as "why don't we get rid of government handouts because people can just donate to charities" The number of people who will do so voluntarily is nowhere near the amount needed for charitable action to benefit the whole, like how the number of people who will voluntarily fight for the improvement of society would not be enough to actually improve it. Humans are a paradox in that individually most of us are selfish assholes yet progress has always been a group effort, often on the backs of individuals who have to be coerced or outright forced under threat of death.
>>
>>335643569

>how is a platinum game 2deep4u?

Probably because it wasn't written by Platinum
>>
>>335637814
>run down boat filled to the brim with black plague rats
>let's bring it to our shores

No god damn it. You burn it down, and you make a new boat.
Wipe the slate clean, motherfucker.
>>
STANDING HERE
>>
>>335635719
Standing here
I realize
You're just like me
Trying to make history
But who's to judge the right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we'll both agree
>>
>>335637430
This implies that actual competition will arise and not just more power imbalances
>>
>>335643890
Yes, which is why armstrong is the bad guy and the game ends with raiden ripping his robot heart out instead of with the handshake a couple minutes beforehand.

It could be argued that in armstrongs "everyone is a cyborg" society maybe it would work out better (although america would balkanize pretty heavily) then it would in real life, but who knows.

>>335643946
Really? It wasn't written by kojima either, so I just assumed.

If nothing else the direction of many scenes is very platinum, the type of wacky shit that happens during the armstrong scenes is very distinct from the wacky shit standard to MGS
>>
>>335635719
>nobody mentions the brainwashed cyborg orphans or his assassinations of world leaders or turning Detroit into a police state or attempting to start WW3

Actually he gets positive points for fixing Detroit
>>
>wanting society to be a bunch of stupid cavemen killing each other for what they want
But I can see what he was trying to say. He wanted society to be a bunch of high energy Chad Thundercock alpha males not taking anyone's shit and taking control of their own life. Of course this only sounds good on paper. It would backfire tremendously if tried.
Also reminder that Armstrong could've killed Raiden if he really wanted to.
>>
>>335644705
Denver, not Detroit
>>
>>335644179
Violence breeds violence.
>>
>>335644920
It's not like he didn't try his damnedest to kill Raiden.
>>
>>335645734
Except he still wanted him to join him beforehand.
>tries telling Raiden why he's right
>picks him up and asks if he finally made up his mind
>>
>>335635719
He made more sense than anything from MGS2
>>
>>335646107
"Fuck the war, I just want you dead."
Really sounds like he's going easy on him.
>>
>>335646754
That was afterwards
>>
>>335638768
>feel the been

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>335646861
Still trying to kill him and failed.
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 600x600
>>335647120
>>>>
>>
>MGS2
>Raiden was a pawn and had shit reasons
>MGR
>Raiden was a pawn and had shit reasons
>>
>>335635719
Raiden is the parallel or alternate solid snake.

Much like solid snake rejected his father and brother saying that he can't live without fighting before accepting it (and fighting for a good cause) in MGS2, raiden rejected his "father" (solidus) and his "brother" (the entire lyrics of armstrongs boss theme are about how raiden and armstrong are basically the same person when it comes to outlook and in spite of/because of this they have to fight to the death) on similar things before realizing that they're right but he can fight for a good cause (the ending of revengence where raiden is now a vigilante or something)

It's like poetry, they rhyme
>>
>>335647276
>pawn
By whom
The whole game was him doing random shit while dragging Maverick with him
>>
>>335647276
>"Raiden, don't do that, you'll get in shit!"
>"Don't care, doing it anyways!"
>>
>>335635719
He wanted the weak to be purged from society. You wouldn't even be alive in Armstrong's America.
>>
>>335647276
Both games are about raiden accepting that his child solider days have made him incapable of living a regular life, but realizing that he can fight to make a world where nobody has to end up like him and otherwise pass on what he believes instead of simply doing what he's told (with mgs2 raiden symbolically throwing away his dog tags. and MGR raiden leaving the PMC business to work solo)

MGS4 takes a huge dump on MGS2's ending because kojima was off his rocker and just wanted to make him "cool" while at the same time owning the mockery the character received by shitting on him self but MGR makes a pretty solid attempt to save things by having it just be "well I was wrong after all" during moonsoon and stuff and it mostly works to fix all the stupid shit MGS4 did to the series (like most parts of MGR)
>>
>>335648006
>4 was so shit and fanfic tier that a spin off game needed to fix it
at least it was a decent job
>>
>>335647632
>raiden and armstrong are basically the same person
Except raiden felt his duty was to protect the weak, where armstrong sought to exploit
>>
>>335648134
raiden admits that his "I must protect the weak" stuff was just an excuse/cover for his murder boner, and armstrong admits that his exploitation were just a means to an end ("I'm using war as a business, to end war as a business")

they're both lying about their motivations, raiden is lying that he has good motivations but actually he has selfish ones, and armstrong is lying that he has selfish motivations but he actually has (to him) good motivations

beyond that they're both fighting because of their ideals
>>
>>335635719
Literally manipulating the system so that a war can start and the economy starts spinning again
>>
>>335635719
It always amuses the fuck out of me whenever the neo-right sees a caricature of a radical conservative and take it seriously and consider him to be right. Its like how some people didnt understand that Stephen Colbert wasnt an actual conservative
>>
>>335635719

Whenever I see this guy I always think it's that guy from bayonetta
>>
File: 1434672801465.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1434672801465.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
Let's see how /v/'s political taste looks.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10061164
>>
File: spurdo Sundowner.png (43 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
spurdo Sundowner.png
43 KB, 852x640
>he doesn't want the bring back the good ol' days of 9/11
>>
>>335644074
So you're in the middle of the ocean
You burn the boat
Want to make another boat
You are in the middle of the ocean
Die because you are retarded and didn't realize you are part of the "boat" you just destroyed
>>
>>335652908
That's why you bring it to shore
>>
>>335652908
You don't burn the boat with everyone on it. You need the visionaries with the right ideas in mind to make a better one. Keep them safe, burn everything else.
Come on, son.
>>
>The best Metal Gear since 3 is a fucking hack'n slash spinoff
I still cant believe this.
>>
>>335654297
>The best Metal Gear is a fucking hack'n slash spinoff
FTFY
>>
File: Don't fuck with this President.png (791 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
Don't fuck with this President.png
791 KB, 1280x670
>>335650821
If i was American i'd vote Trump
M
A
G
A
>>
>>335654509
this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
AND IT WILL COME
>>
What does /pol/ think of Armstrong?
>>
>>335637430
yes, youre right. be he wasnt talking about that kind of competition. he was talking about the tiger eat rabbit kind.

he was pure and simple an anarchist.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.