[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pristine WoW Servers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
So with all the talk of "Pristine" Servers, what would you guys like to see?

Personally I think the following would go a long way:
>removal of cross realm, dungeon finder, and raid finder
>slower experience rates, with expansion leveling being closer to what it originally was
>removal of WoW Tokens
>tone back on gold rewards for quests and drops from monsters, maybe something like 60% of what it is now across the board
>increase aggro radius, damage, and defenses of enemies by 20-30%

PLEASE NOTE, THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT VANILLA OR LEGACY SERVERS, it's about proposed servers that would roll back and adjust some of the changes to core game structure.
>>
It's not going to work

afking in garrison won't be any more exciting whether you have heirlooms or not. The core of the game is so far gone that slight tweaks here and there won't make a difference
>>
File: blizz-eEeN24T.png (554 KB, 1242x837) Image search: [Google]
blizz-eEeN24T.png
554 KB, 1242x837
>>
>>335586409
Who is forcing you to AFK in your garrison
>>
>>335586409
In not sure why everyone if so fixated on the garrison. The only difference between that and the cities is how many other players you see when you're AFK. I don't know about you, but I don't really interact with randoms in Stormwind except on RP servers.
>>
>>335586646
What else is there to do?

You raid and you afk in your garrison
>>
>>335586250
so basically retail but without RDF,LFR, tokens or any other shit?
>>
>>335586997
Exactly.

Personally I'd like to see battle pets disabled too, but that's neither here nor there
>>
>>335586250
but the core game structure sucks dick.
>>
I think its gonna fail. Removing shit like rdf/heirlooms wont make people want to play the current expansion. People want vanilla, not just a gimped version of live.
>>
File: cheetus.gif (901 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
cheetus.gif
901 KB, 240x160
>>335586409
Basically this.

I don't give 2 shits about legacy servers and I can barely summon one fuck about Legion, but what really struck a chord with me were all the people saying that before Cata is the sweet spot, and they're right. Before Cata (and if you want to get super bitchy, Wrath) old world leveling was tough. It was time consuming. But it was also the backbone of the MULTIPLAYER portion of the game because it forced you to integrate yourself into the community to advance. You had to work together with others or you would likely fail in a lot of instances and leveling would take FOREVER. Now with crossrealm zones so you'll never meet the next person you see again and the general streamlining and dumbing down in difficulty of the quests in the old world that came with Cata, along with the sudden focus on instanced content for a more single-playercentric experience we had the first steps in the slippery slope to the shit that we have now.

It's just like everyone's standing around AFK'ing in the home cities again anyway, but they've done away with all that pesky "having to look at and interact with each other" stuff. Enjoy your NPC harem.
>>
>>335586250
>Everything about leveling in terms of difficulty, aggro etc. etc. has to be the same way it was in vanilla/TBC
>Group quests
>Class quests
>No pruned classes
>Bring back training with trainers, buying reagents etc.
>Remove raid difficulties, maybe keep the 2 hardest ones
>Remove garrisons and all similar bullshit from Legion
Aaand I could go one like this all day.

So basically: pristine realms are fucking impossible.
>>
>>335587342
this also the scaling is so off right now you 1 shot every mob while leveling.
>>
>>335586250
I find it hilarious that in this thread, you already have people anti-pristine, when a lot of the shit you listed have been the main arguments for why the game is no longer fun.

with the removal of cross realm, dungeon and raid finder, that means people would have to PLAY TOGETHER and DO SHIT OUTSIDE OF THE CITY.

every single legacy thread, you have people whining about the game being nothing but queues and garrison sitting. if players are forced back out into the world to meet up and run shit, without cross realm help, that means the community that everyone whined about will return.

this pristine shit sounds like a lot of fun. I get to play with all the improvements that made the game bearable, without the shit that tore the community apart.
>>
>>335586250
>slower experience rates, with expansion leveling being closer to what it originally was
that isn't even achievable. you would be stuck in an area forced to grind because there aren't enough quests, you would have to remake the whole game for this to work
>>
>>335587519
Exactly, someone else said something akin to "Used to be when I quested I'd group up with the first person I found to pass the time faster and not get murdered, now when you see someone while levelling the only thing you think is 'better get all the mobs before he does.'"

Even if they took away all the stuff they say in the pristine servers, the core is so rotted right now the game isn't what people ACTUALLY want regardless of tweaks and tiny fixes.
>>
>>335586818
The game just needed a more compelling reason to hang around in Stormshield/Warspear instead of your Garrison. The Garrison is simply too useful, it has too many things you should need to go to a city to use instead.
>>
>>335587754
Or you just have to take a flight path to one of the other 2 zones for your level range in your faction.

And that is only an issue in the base 58 levels anyway.
>>
>>335587878
I don't remember having to quest in two starting zones at any point in this game
>>
>>335586409
Garrisons are no more in legion as you can't get gold or mats from them. Or do you really think a pristine server is gonna come out before legion?
>>
>>335587856
But I don't even see what the difference is.

I've been playing since BC and people have never really interacted in the major cities more than people interact in trade chat from the garrisons anyway.
>>
>>335588027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4HUCTJ16GA

And what is this?
>>
>>335588089
>I've been playing since BC and people have never really interacted in the major cities more than people interact in trade chat from the garrisons anyway.
Want to guess how I know you haven't actually played since BC?
>>
>>335587856
why? the game needs to force us back outside. during BC I only hung out in shatt to be within a shot's distance of the outdoor pvp event. and when I wasn't in the city, I was out collecting materials for flask and food.
>>
>>335587519
Well I did say everything in terms of difficulty, so obviously that as well.
>>
>>335588089
Being around other people gives you the feeling like you're not playing by yourself.
>>
>>335588018
Starting zones would be fine at slightly reduced experience levels. The issue wouldn't crop up until the 3rd zone in most likely.

And there were no hard numbers applied, it literally states that EXPANSIONS would be closer to what they were originally, which would be fine. They'd have to play with the numbers in the base game a little, sure.
>>
>>335588153
This is a very outdated video, look up the recent changes to class halls senpai.
>>
>>335588239
Sure pal, go for it.
>>
Everything they said can already be done and it baffles me that they would suggest it. Daybreak did the exact same thing to compete with Project99 and it was a huge failure because pretty much all they did was decrease the level cap. People are attracted to the core gameplay mechanics of older expansions and the content that comes with the xpac is considered just to be an addition of it. This would have worked if they introduced Legacy during TBC because the mechanics, talents, spells, etc. of the game were pretty much the same (Excluding a few quests in Winterspring where they made certain mobs non-elite) but in Wrath+ they were greatly altered to the point where just setting back the level cap won't properly emulate the feel of the game.
>>
>>335588616
No one has talked about rolling back the level cap friendo. The idea here is more along the lines of restoring a community to the game.
>>
>>335586646
The game design.
>>
>people refusing to meet blizzard halfway on this project
>demanding shit like the awful talent tree and spirit on rogue gear be returned
if this server goes live, i'm switching to it. the benefits of improved talents and skills, with the same level of community from vanilla? sounds awesome.
>>
>>335590216
Are talents looking better in Legion than WoD?

Because in WOD you basically just choose which flavor of the same effect you want for each talent tier.
>>
>>335590216
Just having a server where the idea is server community and you'll see the same people as you level alongside them and eventually do the dungeons with a finite pool of players it cool.
>>
>>335588153

An innacurate video made by a retard who jumped the gun in order to get outrage clicks.
>>
>>335590216
Argh. I want to resubscribe to show my support for this, but i'm afraid the Blizzdrones and Nostfags are going to collectively burn that bridge before we can even come to it.
>>
>>335586852
and back in vanilla you raid and afk on your mount in orgrimmar
>>
>Plz kill yourselfs u fucking nigger shills
Plz kill yourselfs u fucking nigger shills
>>
>>335586250
Naw, pre-cata server or go home.
>>
Every one of these proposed Pristine Server threads has the following line:
>removal of WoW tokens

Aren't these what you guys are using to NOT pay for the game, as you should? every one of these threads makes sure to throw this in, it makes me feel like its an actual blizz employee softening the blow for OG servers but you ARE going to have to keep paying that WoW sub.

Maybe its the way people acquire them that will fuck up the economy if they stay but you guys are seriously happy to actually PAY blizz for the privilege of playing vanilla after everything they've done to you?
>>
>>335593513
I was helping my guildies out with attunements and dungeon runs. No one even asks for help anymore, since they can just click a button in their menu and be instantly transported to their destination with complete strangers who they will owe absolutely nothing to and not even remember the next day.
>>
>>335594118
>we all deserve vanilla for free

I dunno man. $15 a month is a drop in the hat for most adults.
>>
>>335594132
Good for you, but it still doesn't change the fact that AFKing in Garrisons today is the same as AFKing in your major city back in Vanilla after being raidlocked or honor capped for the week unless you were doing Naxx which meant you were out there grinding your ass off for consumables.
>>
>>335594118
WoW token are p2w and fuck up the economy of a server.

>Buy things with real money
>Sell them on AH
>Spending money for WoW gold but with a proxy
>>
>>335594132
Sure, but that's not a result of Garrisons.
>>
>>335594332
What were people paying on Nost?
>>
>>335594669
As far as I know, nothing. How is that relevant?
>>
>>335586518
NO legacy, no vanilla.
Not now, not ever.

God I hope Nostfags shut the fuck up now that they've been told how things will be.
>>
>>335594808
How is paying nothing vs paying a fee relevant? I guess it isn't, which is more sad than if it was.
>>
>If it's not HARD it's not fun
>If I don't have to devote most of my life to a game to accomplish anything it's a BAD GAME
>>
>>335594934
>someone steals dead IP and distributes it freely
>people decide that the IP is now worth nothing

I don't have a problem with what a private server does, but you know they aren't going to last.
>>
Add downtime. Should take around 4 minutes to go from low to full health without food at high levels, same with mana.
Buff all normal mobs when it comes to damage, pulling 4 mobs your level should always mean death.
Make leveling super slow.
>>
>>335595270
>dead IP
Maybe you should wait about 30 years then.
>>
>>335595363
>Make leveling super slow.
Because Blizzard really want new players to suffer through 100 painfully slow levels through content where they will be completely alone. Swell introduction to an MMO.
>>
The fact that they even suggested it just shows that they really have no idea what people love about old wow. People aren't asking for a "hard" mode they are asking for content that isn't designed from the ground up to be a solo experience or beaten in a week of release.
>>
>>335595709
What are you talking about? Pristine servers aren't about making the game harder, they're about restoring a community by removing elements of the game that detract from interaction with other players.
>>
>>335586250
I'd roll on it. Try my best to be a level 20 orc warrior that sits in org all day trolling trade.

You will know me as Stinkydinky. My trolling will be pure kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDle00tZJFE
>>
>>335594132
>I was helping my guildies out with attunements and dungeon runs.
They will be asking for help when there's no LFD, anon.. There will be no raid finder, so players will be forced to make groups with the COMMUNITY and their GUILDS.
>>
>>335595709
>>335595838
WoW has never even really been hard anyways. Unless you were among the top .1% of raiders, which I'd wager is no one, to very little in people that regularly use /v/
>>
File: image%3A1203.gif (360 KB, 490x750) Image search: [Google]
image%3A1203.gif
360 KB, 490x750
At this poijt blizzard just wants it to be different from what people want.
"They want the old experience sir!
WRONG IDIOT THEY JUST WANT HARD MODE"
sasuga blizzard
>>
>>335586250

No one ever wanted 'prestine' servers.

People wanted vanilla/tbc/wotlk content, where people were on a server that they had to interact with to get things done.

You do good at your job in the game? People remembered that and invited you to do other things like raids and dungeons.

You were a complete retard and acted like one? Well people remembered that as well and people would start to avoid you all together.

Nobody wants to play an MMO alone, thats why everyone dislikes current wow in these nost threads.
>>
File: testupepe.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
testupepe.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>'pristine'
lol what the FUCK are you on nigga is fucking magni gonna stop being a rocksicle and hammer out the server for your ass and go "OI M8 ETS FOOKIN [PRISTINE] LOOKIT DAT DWARVEN CRAFTSMENSHEP WHAT ARE YOO SAYIN' ME DAUGHTER IS FOOKIN' DA HOORD?"
>>
>>335595838
phasing and flight are by far the biggest detractors to player interaction and they didn't say shit about that.
>>
>>335596643
>Nobody plays pristine servers
>See? You never wanted it
>>
>>335596970
underage
>>
>>335596643
Pretty sure the community have been asking for LFD / LFR, flying mounts, and cross-servers to be removed from the game because they are "Killing the community" "Killing Wpvp".

This Nost shit is just Goobergate 2.0 where manchildren are crying for more.
>>
>>335597030
Player interaction =/= community.

Running across other players mean nothing if they aren't even on your server.
>>
>>335594132
>people were on a server that they had to interact with to get things done

here's how it went on nostalrius
>"I need help with this group quest or instance"
>get invited
>"hello :)"
>nobody says anything unless it's related to the progression of the instance or quest and it's usually just a one time thing like "sheep this guy"
>complete instance or group quest
>"thanks :D"
>leave group

it was hardly a social thing unless you were playing with friends. a real social MMO is something like pre-abyssea FFXI or Everquest where you NEEDED to group up just to move to the next town or level since solo quests weren't a thing.
>>
>>335597030
>phasing and flight are by far the biggest detractors to player interaction and they didn't say shit about that.
I hardly saw other players in WoD due to it, the same with questing in vanilla zones. It's why I park myself in Goldshire and level in duns, because that way I'll at least have people to talk to and watch some duels. Got to know a few nice people too. Reaching out and talking to them first, or even a kind /wave or /hug is always a good icebreaker.
>>
>>335597238
Exactly. They should remove CRZ too.
>>
>>335586250
I don't want to see Pristine" Servers at all
I used lfg and lfr in the last 2 expacks only during first 2 weeks after they were released, after that I just played only with my guild
But removing lfg in the modern wow is stupid idea, dungeons are designed for you to login and clear them in 5 minutes, without changing this, removing shit like lfg and everything else is useless and retarded
>>
>>335597238
>Player interaction =/= community.
Not true. I know some of the people in my battlegroup that the crossrealms are connected to. Like how there's this bitch warrior who flies away mid-duel when he's about to lose and will force you to yield or else he'll AFK in the sky, a druid that is 12 years old IRL and all they ever do is sit on the ledge and turn into a panda using the MoP panda cub buff you get from hugging that panda by Aysa. There's many people I know in my battlegroup by just hanging out in Goldshire and talking to them.

The community is still there, you're just not looking for it.
>>
Pristine would imply the current changes would still exist. And no, I don't want that. I want to be rape machine Paladin again.
>>
>>335597458
thats gone in it didnt you read
>>
>>335597505
>But removing lfg in the modern wow is stupid idea, dungeons are designed for you to login and clear them in 5 minutes, without changing this, removing shit like lfg and everything else is useless and retarded
desu while I like LFD, they do still have instance portals with summoning stones even for the newer dungeons. So they are kinda built for the old way too.
>>
>>335597282
for
>>335596643
>>
>>335586250
It wont work because the game it its core is still absolute shit. Seriously the contrasts between WoD and Cata are staggering let alone compared to Vanilla/TBC/pre ICC Wrath
>>
>>335594132
And I spent hours upon hours riding around circles on the roof of the OG bank.
Most of the time during those vanilla days, WoW was nothing but a glorified chat program to me because there was nothing to do.
>>
>>335590946
From what I'm seeing, it varies but choices actually matter for my main man spec, Arms Warrior.
>>
>>335586518
You think we're listening, but we aren't.
>>
File: 1397372660249.jpg (32 KB, 321x251) Image search: [Google]
1397372660249.jpg
32 KB, 321x251
>>335596004
I was among the .5%, does that count for anything?
>>
They should just do what FFXIV does.

>FATE quests in every zone to give people an incentive to group up to take down world bosses or tons of mobs for good EXP
>You are capped at that expansion's max level until you finish all of its dungeons/raids, even if its with higher levels (at least you get to see it instead of it going to waste)
>Reward veteran players with useful currency or items for helping out newer players complete dungeons or raids they haven't done before so old dungeon/raid content isn't gone to waste
>Make Artifact weapons make use of the FATE system so it gives people who are already at the level cap an incentive to visit the old zones to help new players and also make the old zones appear less dead
>>
File: tomorrow.png (207 KB, 425x1275) Image search: [Google]
tomorrow.png
207 KB, 425x1275
I actually thought that it was impossible for the blizzard to come with more retarded idea
They did
>>
>>335598816
>>You are capped at that expansion's max level until you finish all of its dungeons/raids,
Sounds awful "do your homework" tier shit
>>
>>335598843
What's wrong with her?
>>
>>335598816
>FATE quests in every zone to give people an incentive to group up to take down world bosses or tons of mobs for good EXP
Except it doesn't. Nobody runs shit like Binding Coil anymore because it doesn't drop endgame gear.
>>
>>335598870
So you're in favor of letting people skip old content and rush to the expansion area instead even though you would be missing out on lore, gear that will help you progress in the expansion areas, and more?
>>
>>335598971
Social anxiety
Deconstruction of autistic anime girls
>>
>>335599079
People run coil for the poetic bonus though which you is insanely helpful for the relic questline.
>>
>>335599186
It's much faster to do the 24 man raids which reward 100.
>>
>>335594383
>>335594416
>>335597282
>>335598559

Those are reflections on you and your failure to integrate within your community. My point is that those of us who want to engage with our server's populace feel like we are talking to a brick wall most of the time. I don't like AFKing in fucking Orgrimmar. I never did that shit in the old days. Nowadays you have no choice unless you log off and play something else entirely. I don't have the attention span for that, so I just unsub from retail.
>>
>>335594383
>honor capped in vanilla
go fuck off
>>
>>335599842
I've been playing WoW since the US closed beta. I did everything in vanilla and I helped everyone. I cleared the raids, I did the bgs, I did open pvp, yadda yadda yadda.
I didn't 'fail to integrate within my community'. Once you played vanilla for months, there was simply nothing to do but run around circles in Orgrimmar.
>>
File: really_zpsca0c04ad.png (99 KB, 800x225) Image search: [Google]
really_zpsca0c04ad.png
99 KB, 800x225
>>335586250
>>
>>335586409
THIS. I love how all the shills jump on it. Wow is wayy to far gone for pristine to work atm. It can be fixed but there is no way blizz will do it
>>
>>335600347
Jesus Christ
>>
>>335600347
Check if that person has done any raids from vanilla to early MoP.
>>
>>335599108
The customer is always right ;^)
>>
>>335600347
those blizzcucks tears are delicious. It is so nice to see new wow babies coming to the realization that no one likes facebook wow
>>
>>335599659
24 man raid take longer to complete than coils. You can take one new person to coil and do T1-13 and get 1300 bonus poetics not counting the poetics you get for completing the raids.
>>
>>335600347
What a frightening corporate loyalist
>>
>>335600347
Savage
>>
>>335597629
Finally, someone fucking said it. Whether you hate current WoW and its Q.o.L. additions or not, the community is still certainly there. Reminds me of the early days of Vanilla, before the popularity and the huge population was there. Just tight knit groups of people you meet adventuring. I have met several friends through modern WoW; just as many as through Vanilla at the least.
>>
>>335600347
Legacy servers fags got TOLD harder than Noefags when true tears anime ended
>>
>>335600676
The community is still there. We have changed. We became socially withdrawn and autistic and sperg out if someone uses memes in chat. We...grew up. So why are we still playing WoW? We shouldn't be. We should be working at our job and raising a family. Why aren't we? Because western civilization is collapsing and it's too expensive to do that anymore.
>>
>>335586250
Sure, I'd rather play a server with all that shit removed rather than a normal live server, but WoD is still hot shit and I'd rather play any previous expansion over it so it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I was hoping Legion would be better but recent alpha changes have me doubting that.
>>
File: 1295228173955.png (5 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1295228173955.png
5 KB, 274x242
Seasons would be nice

Like you could have a 2-month Vanilla period pre-class changes (before the Hunter, Priest and Warlock changes patches), then a 1-month period of BWL with the first class changes in the game, then a 1-month AQ prep period with the Druid changes in the game, then 1-month of AQ, and then a month of Naxx (pre 2.0 patch changes) and then it resets with a new season that starts with TBC etc

They'd cycle like 4 seasons (expansions) in one expac
>>
>>335600887
>Sure, I'd rather play a server with all that shit removed rather than a normal live server
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>335599112
Hey, fuck you Bocchi is adorable.

I want to hug her...
>>
HE PRINTED IT ALL OUT!
>>
>>335586518
>A fully functional vanilla server is up and running
>We dont have the resources to make a vanilla server just up and run guys
Fucking hacks.
>>
>>335600881
Go out and fight some fucking muslims you stupid lazy faggot
>>
>>335598816
this honestly sounds not too bad, the main problem with WoW is how much old content you can skip now.
>>
>>335600347
That's just 1 post, the frightening thing is, these are like 80% of the posts on official wow forums and mmo-champion. Blizzcucks are completely insane.
>>
>>335597629
If there is, then it is a mere shadow of its former self. And you are forced to look very hard for these remnants of community.

It used to be you didn't have to look for the community, because it was fucking everywhere. Whatever you did, other players were involved. Leveling basically from the earliest levels forced you into groups with other players, simply because it was inefficient or impossible to complete some quests alone.

You can't compare that to the "community" in WoD. In WoD it's the opposite - you don't have to do shit with other players during leveling, and you don't have to do shit with other players during raids. Sure there are other players near you, but you're not really working together with them. You don't talk to them and you'll never see them again.

Not to mention that most realms are extremely low population now, so most of your interactions will be cross-realm, meaning you won't see these people again. You are alone in the world.

The only real pockets of actual community are good guilds, and that's it.
>>
>>335600676
>>335600881
The younger players are pretty vocal to each other. They chit chat about shit, talk about the game, talk about real life. Goldshire on my server usually always has around 10 or 20 people just shooting the shit with each other. Maybe it's because Horde side doesn't have any Goldshire-ish place for people? Except.. I see the same thing OUTSIDE of Org, where people are talking and dueling, just like they were back in BC when I first started.

I think >>335600881 is 100% right. The old community just grew up and don't find the game fun and exciting anymore, and this rush to return to the past is a midlife crisis where they are trying to return to something that made them happy when they were younger. If they just stopped being so uptight and actually talked and interacted?
>>
File: You started visit 4chan.png (251 KB, 425x1275) Image search: [Google]
You started visit 4chan.png
251 KB, 425x1275
>>335600984
>Bocchi is adorable
She is
Still doesn't change anything
>>
>>335586250
It's all a trick. Pristine servers are just the same world, mob, quests, lore and social community as current retail, just with a few things removed. Part of the charm of vanilla was it's world, quests and lore. All of that has been shit on post Cata. Also, the gameplay would not be changed - the rotations would remain the same, the talents of old would not come back, Vanilla's strict class roles would not come back either. The team work (and thus, another social element) that would be behind difficult encounters - CC'ing, debuffing, off healing, off tanking - would not come back.

Blizzard knows this. It knows that pristine isn't anywhere close to Vanilla. But, if it makes a pristine server, pretends that it's just like the Vanilla experience, it can then say "Look! Pristine servers failed! Obviously then no one actually likes Vanilla, just like we said!" and then they can ignore the demands for legacy servers forever.

Do NOT buy into it. If it was possible for a bunch of amateurs to recreate to almost perfection Vanilla, it's possible for Blizzard. They just won't do so because the success of any legacy server would reinforce how terrible the current retail is.
>>
>>335601061
Blizzard is lying through their teeth to get out of this fiasco. The honest truth is they have a prejudiced against legacy. And who can blame them? Would you like to admit the work you have done the last 8 year is complete garbage next to some old code the original developers made
>>
>>335590216
>With the same level of community as vanilla
You cant just recreate those people you know.
>>
>>335601192
>and you don't have to do shit with other players during raids.
Most of my best convos with people happen in LFR. Last week I spent the whole raid talking to three other people about how Gundam Wing is bullshit.
>>
>>335601061
It's r-r-really difficult and expensive, we are not a big company you know.
>>
This is sadly a bit too late for wod, imagine this releasing a little bit after HFC
>fresh server, everyone is lvl 1
>mobs get tweaked to hit hard and are harder to kill
>xp rates are tweaked to where you dont blow through content
>no cross realm
>offer slight xp buff or more honor to buy titles for pvp kills
>no dungeon finder/raid finder
>hit 100, now what? Well no LFR. Make dungeon gear get you into normal then bump up to heroic. Heroic= mythic and normal=heroic
>actually use bladespire and karabor as capital cities
>being in your race's capital gives your race a AH tax break
>Make azeroth great again
>>
>>335600347

I'm honestly baffled why customers would be against a game company "making more game" for them to play.
>>
>>335601251
this so much. dude hit the nail on the head
>>
File: 1455526961160.png (254 KB, 689x539) Image search: [Google]
1455526961160.png
254 KB, 689x539
>There are actually people who genuinely want leveling to become Korean MMORPG grind tier so they can prove how hardcore they are
Oy
>>
>>335601065
Muslims are pretty cool anon, at least in my experience. Extremists are pretty shit though, but the same could be said of all religions.

>>335600881
I agree. I don't really meet many young people, and if I do, they're a newbie or a troll. I remember general/trade chat as it was, and it's still just the same. PuGs/LFG introduced me to many people. People are "toxic" or whatever, but you just deal with them still. Then there's the cool people who shape your experience of WoW. WoW is still a great game, but it's not because it's a great game; the game just still has a good community, which is why some Vanillers still player.
>>
>>335601301
99% of Vanilla is garbage though.

It's been almost nothing but pure improvement in most aspects since then.
>>
>change the entire landsacape of the fucking game
>ayy lmao dude we got rid of wow tokens
I don't even play wow but they can fuck off
>>
>>335601061
>>335601301
Can you guys stop it with this lie? Nost was not fully functioning. It had bugs and the stats of bosses and other mobs were not correctly tuned because NO ONE BUT BLIZZARD knows their stat values. All you see in Private Servers are guess work made by collecting data from the old games, but even then it isn't 100% correct. It's not blizz-like at all outside of EXP rate.
>>
>>335601616
I agree but most of the improvements ended around wotlk. It was all downhill from there
>>
>>335601734
You mean TBC

Most of the cancerous things we have today originated in WOTLK
>>
>>335601195
That's actually my basis of experience for the Horde side, as I mainly play Trolls for some reason now. Orgrimmar/Outside is always fine on any high pop server. I see people chatting, dueling, and fucking around well into 3-4AM Central time. Barrens is pretty active still, and any major city is going to have some people fucking around. Goldshire is the same though, yeah.

There's the same old trolls in chat, but there really is a lot of people who want to help you or just be friends as well. At least Horde side/on my servers.
>>
>>335601734
No. MoP was fantastic.

Cataclysm started well but then they couldn't deliver their promises and it fell apart. WoD I can't say anything about since I didn't play during it.
>>
>>335601734
Because that's when you stopped playing and caring about the game, right?
>>
>>335601689
They literally fixed the bugs that were in vanilla wow. Yes, there was probably some guess work but overall it was a better experience than anything in current retail
>>
>>335601801
Nice rose tinted glasses you got senpai
>>
>>335601815
>MoP was fantastic
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>335601335
That's not the same as what it used to be. Sure - you can talk to somebody. But you will never see that person in the world somewhere else, unless you add him to your friends list. That person is another player somewhere in the game, but he's not really a character in your world. It's honestly closer to Dark Souls interactions now.

In vanilla you would encouter that person again even if you didn't talk to him, or didn't add him to your friends list. Each realm would have some really famous, recognizable players, and that also doesn't happen anymore.

Community isn't just talking to someone. Community was when each player participated in the WORLD of warcraft, everyone had his role. Someone was a famous raider, someone was a famous pvp player, someone a blacksmith, someone enchanter etc. etc.
>>
>>335601879
Did they make unviable talent trees viable? Did they rework gear so it isn't fucked up? Did they make raiding a better experience (as if you really can make 40 a better experience - it's fucked up from the get-go)? Did they even get to remove debuff limits from bosses or dishonorable kills?
>>
>>335586250
>Removal of cross realm
Hallelujah! Cross-realm was the dumbest fucking shit ever added to the game.
Let's make it so people from other realms can kill the same mobs as you! But you can't trade with them, mail them things, invite them, pick up shared loot, or even whisper to them, they only exist to steal your servers mats.

I was farming for thunderfury and came across someone on my thorium route. She had the 30 arcane crystals I needed to finish, I had the 700+ Thorium she needed for smithing. But of course, we were on different servers, and had to argue in order to claim the route. Instead of trading and being on our merry ways.
>>
>>335601442
Because the company can barely handle the game they have you dunce.
>>
>>335601941
Pray tell, why was it so bad? You probably don't have anything to say about it though because you're just saying it to impress /v/mind.
>>
>>335601815
Cata ruined the whole game. Those streamlined quest made leveling a singleplayer game

>>335601869
Nope. kept trying to get back into it but gave up a month into garrison farmville

>>335601801
Yes! a lot of the cancerous features originated in wrath but they were bearable. Cata is when they crossed the line
>>
>>335601442
With how long modern Blizzard takes to put fucking anything at all out? I honestly can't blame them for not wanting the WoW team to be distracted by anything, if I'd been raiding HFC for eight months I'd be desperate for new content too.
>>
>>335601947
Join a guild with buddies and make your community? Like >>335601802 said, there's still a community, you're just looking at it the wrong way. I'm sorry it's not the same standard as you would like, but it's not the same age anymore. You won't get the same people back.
>>
>>335602060
Later on you could invite them to parties and shit. I played with my friends from X-server for whole MoP.

But I guess that's a bad thing.
>>
>be me getting into wow super late
>my highest level was somewhere between 60-70
>get the Max level character after purchasing the latest expansion
>suck ass trying to do high level raids without rotation knowledge
>friends tell me to do the end game content
>eventually finish a chain that ends with me in my garrison
>start to do garrison quests
>realize it's the same level of fun as a mobile/facebook game
>realize this will be what I'm doing on my main character
>uninstall game and cancel sub
I mean at least they let me preview the content so I could stop giving blizzard money immediately.
>>
>>335602060
Except you can invite them now.. There's crossrealm guilds. I can group with a friend who isn't even in the same battlegroup as mine and we do heroic and raids all the time.
>>
>>335601941
If you had played MoP you'd know that it was a fantastic expansion.
>>
File: 1460833344868.png (90 KB, 329x256) Image search: [Google]
1460833344868.png
90 KB, 329x256
>>335602157
>Cata ruined the whole game. Those streamlined quest made leveling a singleplayer game
You're not serious, right? They weren't any different from quests from previous expansions. If you mean the quest objective areas then guess fucking what were hugely popular addons? That's right. Quest helpers.
>>
>>335602079
Nost was run by how many people? Like 5 at launch? They were capable of shitting out a working version of the game. Does Blizz just only hire dipshits?
>>
>>335602204
Define later on.
I tried grouping with my friends at 30, and to no avail.
Is it a 100 thing? And if it is why would something so vital be arbitrarily locked behind level?
>>
>>335601941
Isle of thunder alone was better than all of Cata. You can rightly fuck off.
>>
>>335602186
Well, as I said - decent guilds are the only "pockets" of good community. So technically you can say that community still exists, but in reality it's just those small pockets. Real community that spanned entire realms is gone. And that's what people want back.
>>
>>335602371
It was added in MoP as far as I know.
>>
>>335602323
MoP was definitely a step in the right direction other than adding the questionably the shittiest race ever. But MoP proved they really just don't give a shit anymore
>>
>>335602371
>I tried grouping with my friends at 30, and to no avail.
No. You can do it now. You just can't see them in major cities due to cross realms, but outside of the cities you can quest with them and also do instances and raids with them.

Just be sure to be prepared. If your friend is on a PVP server and you are not, and they lead the group, you will be phased to their server so you will be flagged.
>>
>>335602325
Not him but either you're baiting, or you have not a single clue about quests back in vanilla/TBC.

Questing in Vanilla is NOTHING like questing in Cata.

It truly is a singleplayer grind, and it used to be a multiplayer adventure.
>>
>>335602478
>It was a step in the right direction but it just proved they don't give a fuck anymore because they added a race I don't like
??????
>>
>>335602478
>MoP was definitely a step in the right direction
>MoP proved they really just don't give a shit anymore

????
>>
>>335602398
>And that's what people want back.
Times change. Look at other retail MMOs that don't do cross server. Are they anymore community based? I get you want to return to the past and feel those feels, but the past is the past.
>>
>>335602325
Blizzard started the quest objectives in wrath. No the problem was the world stopped being dangerous and requiring you to need to group up for some quest. Everything was faceroll easy and you could go from 1-85 without ever even needing to group
>>
>>335602478
>Not liking fem pandas
Wewlad. Doesn't stop the Night Elf and Human sluts from sucking mines futa cock.
>>
File: Garflondo.png (3 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Garflondo.png
3 KB, 320x320
>>335602478
>>
>>335586250
Why do people thinking removing dungeon finder would make the game better?!

There is so many dungeons no one would ever do even for the weekly/daily.
>>
>>335602325
The issue with questing in Vanilla wasn't that bread crumb quests were everywhere, it was that there was some really obtuse shit hidden in corners far away from the relevant areas.
>>
>>335602325
Did you even play before Cata? The entire game underwent drastic changes to combat and questing
>>
>>335602615
>Not him but either you're baiting, or you have not a single clue about quests back in vanilla/TBC.
They're the exact fucking same fetch quests dude.

>But they were so hard xD
They weren't hard. You were underpowered. Quest rewards were shit, your talents were shit, scaling was shit. All that affected the perceived difficulty of the quests.

>Questing in Vanilla is NOTHING like questing in Cata.
You're right, Vanilla had absolutely garbage drop rates on quest items. To the point people actively bought the Blasted Lands quest items so that they don't have to grind 3% drop rate items by the dozens.

>>335602749
>No the problem was the world stopped being dangerous and requiring you to need to group up for some quest
You're joking, right?
>>
>>335602678
Not sure which MMOs you're referrng to but it takes a very specific design to FORCE players to work as a community.

Nostalrius had a community, exactly like Vanilla did - that clearly proves that it's still possible today and that it depends mostly on game design, not on people. People didn't magically change that much over 10 years.

You can't expect players to form a good community when they never need to do shit together. So basically when you're judging an MMO you need to check whether its design forces people to work together, or if they can do most things alone.
>>
>>335602771
I swear you panda fags are the worse. Your race was a april fools joke that went way way to far. MoP was a ok expansion but you can take your panda shit and get out
>>
pls supoort kern he is a loser with nothing but this vanilla server campaing.
>>
>>335587140
The biggest complaint I've seen in these threads lately is that heirlooms, quick leveling, and lack of community ruin the game.

Blizzard's suggestions for a "pristine" server would axe most of that by default. No cross realm, so you ONLY do shit with people on your server.

No heirlooms, no experience boosts of any kind, so everyone can only level as slow as possible.

No group finder either for anything, which means LFR is gone too.

And these are the things that get brought up every goddamned thread for why the game sucks.

They are talking about "fixing" them.

And people still are going to hate it.

Which is hilarious to me. It just goes to show its not even worth trying. Why bother when every single person wants 100 different things or they won't touch it?

Thats why these threads are always so pathetic. Everyone has a laundry list of what would make WoW "perfect", but those things only apply to them. They don't want WoW to be "Good". They just want ANY MMO to be exactly what they think they want. And everyone else be damned.
>>
>>335602945
Those hooves in the barrens, man.. those fucking hooves. They just wouldn't drop. I never want to return to that.
>>
>b-but you can still talk to people in modern W-WoW
Yeah, and nobody talks back because they have no reason to. In vanilla if you were anti-social you'd get left in the dust, shit would take longer, and generally you'd have less fun.

>b-but you AFKd in Orgrimmar instead of your garrison, w-what's the difference?
When I afk in Orgrimmar I'm around other people and will likely get approached by people or might see something that might interest me. When I'm afk in my garrison I'm literally just alone with NPCs.

>s-so you can still g-go back and afk in Orgrimmar
Yeah, and I'll be just as alone because everyone else is in their garrison. When there's no reason to leave the garrison, people won't do it.
>>
>>335603047
>so everyone can only level as slow as possible.
>people delude themselves to believe this is fun
kinda sad honestly
>>
>>335594132
I help my guildies farm heirlooms in mythic dungeons and have been trying to get the damned gold challenge mode gear.

Also trying to get every class to 100 for legion.

Why are they sticking you in your garrison again?
>>
This is pointless, because pristine servers are still post-ability pruning trash.
The game has been castrated and casualized.
>>
>>335586250
I dont want "Pristine" servers whats the fucking point?
You have to play through this awful game without features like Dungeon-finder to make it even possible?
These kind of features were invented because the game itself was bad and the players needed something in exchange to put up with it., if you remove them nobody is going to play it.
Besides, vanilla is absolute garbage, TBC legacy servers or just drop it, Blizzard didnt even know what they were doing in vanilla.
>>
>>335602362
Blizzard is a company, not some group of people that can cobble together a server and have a few thousand log in at a time.

If Blizzard had 5 people working on the Legacy servers, there'd be idiots like you, and everyone else who wants to play it, whining that Blizzard is cheap and lazy because they're not funneling hundreds of employees to a niche market that isn't even turning a profit.

Nost got away with what it did because it was a free fan-made server with no responsibilities and expectations. Whenever anything went wrong in Nost the response from every was a variation of "Well it's a free private server, don't be entitled."
>>
>>335603154
>people are forced to be my friends
that's pretty much why people in /v/ love vanilla, people were forced to interact with them.
>>
>>335602936
I played from around 7-8 months before TBC to all the way to 3.2, bit of 3.3. Very late Cata when they gave 2 weeks free and almost entirety of MoP.
>>
>>335602945
>They're the exact fucking same fetch quests dude.
Yeah, and that's about all they have in common.

>They weren't hard. You were underpowered. Quest rewards were shit, your talents were shit, scaling was shit.
What's the fucking difference? They were hard for your character then. They are easy for your character now. Doesn't matter if you put the emphasis on quest difficulty or your character's power, it boils down to the same thing.
>>
File: 1433743734447.jpg (11 KB, 409x367) Image search: [Google]
1433743734447.jpg
11 KB, 409x367
>>335603035
You sound upset. MoP was Alliance vs Horde the expansion and all they did was hurt the pandas with their selfish ways.

It's only right that the human females bend over and take the futa panda dick as payback.

>tfw one human bitch said her rp-husband didn't fuck her as good as my fem panda

Good thing I have a pregnancy fetish.
>>
File: deletethis.jpg (118 KB, 926x719) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
118 KB, 926x719
>>335586518
>>
File: 1390487368720.gif (2 MB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
1390487368720.gif
2 MB, 273x273
>>335603096
Aged Gorilla Sinew
Pristine Tigress Fang

The horror.
>>
>>335602945
>You're joking, right?

No I'm not fucking joking. Vanilla leveling was more rewarding and promoted the community to work together. What do you not understand about this? Cata questing was face roll easy. If you actually played vanilla - BC. You would know that there were a lot more group elite quest which rewarded better gear
>>
>>335603130
>>b-but you can still talk to people in modern W-WoW
Nice stammering m8. And they do talk back. Shows how much you know. It's called being a nice person and having a normal conversation with others in the game.
>>
>>335603341
>Yeah, and that's about all they have in common.
Except that they're literally the same fucking thing.
The fact that they were """"harder"""" doesn't mean they're somehow different.

Having to kill 10 bears for bear arses is infinitely better than having to kill 300 bears for 10 bear arses.

>What's the fucking difference? They were hard for your character then.
Except it was class dependent. Hunters and Warlocks could do pretty much fucking everything alone. After that it was characters having to drink & eat for 30 sec after 2 kills for the duration of 100 kills for their shitty quest items or characters that could fare well but went literally afk because they had no buttons to press - like paladin.
>>
>>335603482
>Vanilla leveling was more rewarding
Now I know you're joking.

> promoted the community to work together.
Don't make me laugh. Group quests were completely neglible and their rewards were more often than not complete crap.

>If you actually played vanilla - BC. You would know that there were a lot more group elite quest which rewarded better gear
If you actually played vanilla and BC you'd know that the quest rewards were, like I said, more often than not fucking trash.

BC group quest rewards were decent to good, Vanilla was just trash all around.
>>
>>335603953
>The fact that they were """"harder"""" doesn't mean they're somehow different.
Flawless logic right here, m8.

>Hunters and Warlocks could do pretty much fucking everything alone.
Except for group quests, and there was a lot of those.

>After that it was characters having to drink & eat for 30 sec after 2 kills
Unless you GROUPED with other players. And that was good, because the fact that it was so much more efficient to group up with other players meant that the community could flourish.

So yeah, the way questing worked was completely different and it made the game better by making people work together. You know, like in an MMO.

Not to mention that eventually completing these quests actually felt rewarding because of all the effort you put into them. Getting a new upgrade meant a lot even on low levels which also contributed to that.
>>
>>335604474
>Except for group quests, and there was a lot of those.
Except when I'd fearspam the elite mob, dot them, continue fearing, rinse and repeat until death.

Vanilla sure was hard and not just a developed time sink!
>>
>>335604642
Yeah, doing "group" content as a hunter easy really easy solo.
>>
>>335604642
For the people that want Vanilla/TBC experience back, it was a fun time sink. Apparently it was fun for a lot of people if vanilla and TBC gained 11 million subs.
>>
Not sure what you are getting out of their comment. But sure it is possible to just throw up their version of Nostalrius.

But you know what? That's not how Blizzard works. They'll have to bring it up to their own standards before they release it.

They will have to update the interface code to make addons work on both current wow and these servers. This could potentially be a fuck ton of work since there might have been reference changes here and there in every patch which they will have to look up and patch.

They also need to add the b.net friendslist to the game.

Then they would more than likely also have to update the options menu/graphics of the game where they've updated it

People will complain to all end that they cannot play enh shaman in vanilla but they want to because they play that on current wow.

Surely there's a ton more that I can't think of right now and I bet this is why they're not sure it would be worth their time.
>>
>>335604474
>Flawless logic right here, m8.
It is though. The objective was literally the fucking same.

They were the same fucking shit. In Vanilla, like I said, most of the classes were weak as shit so they were "harder" but literally the same even after classes became better.

>Except for group quests, and there was a lot of those.
No, there was not. They were far and between and like I said, completely neglible.

> And that was good, because the fact that it was so much more efficient to group up with other players meant that the community could flourish.
Who was stopping you from grouping up with a friend post Vanilla? Blizzard? Stop being an idiot.

Did you enjoy sharing 3% drops with 5 people so one quest would take 10 hours to complete? Don't make me laugh.

>So yeah, the way questing worked was completely different
It was literally the fucking same you idiot.

A fetch quest is still a fetch quest.
>>
I like the game moving forward sorry but I don't want to go back. I didn't like vanilla
>>
>>335605003
>classes were weaker so it was harder
>but its still basically the same

stop posting
>>
>thread specifies that it's not about legacy servers
>people just shitpost about vanilla vs. retail
>>
>>335605003
>A fetch quest is still a fetch quest.

Ok """"""""""""""""""Henry""""""""
>>
>>335605003
>It is though. The objective was literally the fucking same.
It would only be logical if the objective of quests was the only thing relevant to the whole experience of questing, but that's not the case. So your logic is absolute shit.

>Who was stopping you from grouping up with a friend post Vanilla?
Lack of people doing quests? Have you even seen how fucking DEAD realms are right now?

>Did you enjoy sharing 3% drops with 5 people so one quest would take 10 hours to complete?
There were very few quests that were that bad.
>>
>>335601689
>nost still had problems because they dont have blizzards knowledge!
>blizzard has this knowledge
>but it would be super hard and nearly impossible for blizzard to do what nost did even though they have access to all the shit that nost was missing!
>>
>>335605324
I bet you loved the immense lag of Vanilla too. Especially during Dark Portal when servers were completely shitting themselves.

>>335605385
>So your logic is absolute shit.
Your logic is absolute shit. The only thing that really was different that your gear wasn't all white shit until 20+, you actually have abilities to use instead of literal auto-attacks for many classes and you didn't have to spend 30 seconds each fucking two kills to refuel yourself.

Oh and of course, not having to rely on 3% drop rates that weren't even separate for everyone so you had to split them.

>Lack of people doing quests
Except that people still did quests all the way to this fucking day. And don't even try to meme "but LFG!" because LFG is shit as far as EXP goes.

>There were very few quests that were that bad.
Whatever you say, but we both know that's not true.
>>
>>335605696
Let's not forget the fact that there was barely any quests available for 30-40 range so you were just grinding shit.
>>
>>335605660
Except Blizzard doesn't have the old code anymore. So the values are not and will not be the same if a legacy server was made.

Also implying Nost did most of the work. They got the game code from other private servers and did some tweaks, but it's all shared. Hell you could download their code most likely and start up your own server.

:^) or you can go play Kronos which is already being reported to Blizzard.
>>
>>335605696
>your gear wasnt low quality at low levels
this is a pretty huge change
>you have abilities to use instead of having to plan around your few abilities
again making it easier.
>>
PRISTINE SERVERS SHOULD FUCK OFF
>>
>>335586250
Pristine servers aren't what people are asking for. Vanilla fans and live dick riders.
>>
catababby here

My biggest issue with current wow is how hilariously undertuned all the levelling content is desu - i just lfg'd some stuff and we pulled basically half the instance and killed all the bosses in <15 seconds, it's not even remotely satisfying or fun. Quest content manages to be even easier, you do like a 10-15 quest long chain in some zone to go kill some giant model mob and it just dies in 2 gcds

It's disheartening, all this old content that looks cool and interesting to at least experience a few times is completely and utterly abandoned never to be touched again, the least they could do is having something like xiv's level/gear sync and slightly retune all the old stuff every xpac so it's still challenging synced back down

But i guess they don't have enough resources!
>>
>>335606116
>pulled half the instance and we killed the bosses in <15 seconds

sounds like Enhance Shamans in CMs :^)
>>
File: 1460468326822.jpg (41 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460468326822.jpg
41 KB, 256x256
>Nost release their Pandora's Box of code at the end of the month
>Blizz will never, EVER be able to destroy the hydra of private vanilla servers
Keep your pristine meme, I'm getting the real thing.
>>
>>335603047
>They are talking about "fixing" them.
>And people still are going to hate it.
>Which is hilarious to me.

because it'd still be fucking WoD, with fuckall to do at max level and a lousy two raid tiers in total.
>shit class design
>garbage 'talent' system
>streamlined and dumbed down hallway dungeons
>fucking garrisons

people want to play old wow because it was an all around superior game.
yes, vanilla and tbc were imbalanced and broken. but people prefer imbalanced and broken games that have tons of content and require lots of effort over the contentless, streamlined and dumbed down garbage that is modern wow.

fuck your balance. fuck your quality of life and convenience features. they're not worth it if they come with a neutered piece of trash game.
>>
>>335605696
Dude, I'm not the one claiming that they are THE SAME. So basically if you admit that there are differences, you admit that your logic sucked dick.

>Except that people still did quests all the way to this fucking day. And don't even try to meme "but LFG!" because LFG is shit as far as EXP goes.
Literally log into the game right now (you can run around for free until level 20), go around zones and type /who. At best you'll have like 3-5 people, sometimes nobody. So most quest areas will be fucking empty.

Also why would people ever group with you if they can pull a few mobs at a time and kill them very quickly? Grouping up is a wast of time. There's a reason it doesn't happen.

>Whatever you say, but we both know that's not true.
It is true, though. Sure, there were a few quests that had awful drop rates and that wasn't a good thing. Nobody said it was perfect.
>>
>>335606026
>this is a pretty huge change
Besides heirloom which only got big during cata anyhow it was only slightly better, though.

>again making it easier.
Are you seriously saying that you actually like putting your priest/shaman/paladin to auto-attack for 30 seconds and tell how FUN and ENGAGING that shit is?

You're full of shit.

Because if you're really saying that
>>
>>335606326
>blues are only slightly better than whites

stop posting
>>
File: 1460485889163.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1460485889163.gif
796 KB, 320x286
>>335600347
>male draenei
>>
>>335605229
Pristine servers are to be made as a response to shutting down vanilla private servers. The way they would be implemented would please nobody. People want to talk about it. You're fucking retarded if you cannot see how the topics are linked.
>>
>>335606235
I'm mostly referring to levelling content, I've barely touched WoD outside of casual normal pugs because doing hfc a dozen times on three different difficulty levels isn't really interesting to me, especially when everyone I could tag along with for heroic/mythic is already fully mythic geared and it's not a challenge anymore.

>>335606326
Heirlooms scale far too well imo, they're basically level-equivalent tier gear until 90 I think, at least in 1-70 they have better or almost the same raw stats as that expansions final raid tier gear

And this is in a game where levelling is so easy and difficulty-free the quest gear lets you oneshot half the zone on most classes, my cloth wearing priest can quite literally pull everything within leash range for the entirety of the 1-60 experience outside of dungeons and be fine 99% of the time.
>>
>pristine servers

so it's just WoD without heirlooms and cross realm stuff?
sounds like garbage. WoD is shit so 'pristine servers' would be shit too.
>>
>>335600347

Blizzard had to sacrifice a raid tier to write their post about pristine servers. Try to understand them.
>>
>>335606813
thats vanilla wow for you
>>
>>335606116
Basically, they made leveling a meaningless chore with absolutely 0 challange. It used to be part of the adventure, now it's just a boring thing you have to get out of the way before you get to the actual content.

No wonder they allow people to buy max level.
>>
>>335606429
If you honestly think you were rewarded blues out of the ass you're wrong.

>>335606323
> So basically if you admit that there are differences, you admit that your logic sucked dick.
There are no difference in QUESTS THEMSELVES. How many times do I have to repeat this?

>Literally log into the game right now (you can run around for free until level 20), go around zones and type /who. At best you'll have like 3-5 people, sometimes nobody. So most quest areas will be fucking empty.
Sure it's going to be empty when people have quit during this drought.

>Also why would people ever group with you if they can pull a few mobs at a time and kill them very quickly?
So they can kill them twice as fast and best of all, not having to split quest items when everyone gets their own.

> Grouping up is a wast of time.
And grouping up for shit where you literally split items between everyone while having shit drop rates isn't? Get a grip.

>There's a reason it doesn't happen.
Why do I group up with friends then?

>It is true, though.
Half of the quests are gathering some shit and they're all awful.
>>
>>335601689
Blizzard no longer knows their stat values either. No one does. It is lost to time.
>>
>>335595637
Make a 60 minute buff
>Below level 60 you deal 50% increased damage and healing
>61-70 is 40%
>71-80 is 30%
>81-90 is 20%
>90-100 is 10%

Then if you don't want to level fast and enjoy the game just don't cast the buff. If you're leveling an alt and want to shoot through, buff + heirlooms gg.

This plus a 25-40% xp decrease across the board would even things out nicely
>>
>People tricking themselves into thinking old school wow will save them from their crushing depression
>It was just their friends all along
>Friends are gone now
>>
>>335598797
>was

do you still bring it up at the high school reunion anon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgUQbYZFMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIj3Ajt_bMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C1x5QAP4vI

>Mark Kern

nostcucks are truly desperate
>>
>>335607267
>friends are gone now
no they arent??? I make new friends retard

but my WoW friends play anything but WoW anymore.
>>
>>335607089
>There are no difference in QUESTS THEMSELVES

are you dumb?
>all the mobs are ridiculously undertuned
>half the quests have you do some random gimmicky bullshit like vehicle combat
>writing is full of LEL RANDUM FUNNY HUMOR shit
>zero risk of dying or failure in any way
>zero group content in the world

if you seriously think this is no different from pre-cata questing then you are either completely ignorant of the situation or delusional.
>>
>>335607089
>So they can kill them twice as fast and best of all, not having to split quest items when everyone gets their own.
That's just hilarious at this point. Do you even realize that most classes can LITERALLY 1-2 shot mobs right now?

You honestly sound like you have no fucking clue about the game right now. Or how it was back then.

Answer me this, just what the fuck is appealing or fun in quests today?
>>
>>335601061
this.
i'm sure blizz servers are already being pushed to the max with the coming of LEGION
/fapfapfapfapfapfapfap
>>
>>335586250
Even if you removed all cross server bullshit, heirlooms and xp bonuses, the game would still be complete shit.

Vanilla was a good time because everything you did mattered. Now, the game is just GO GO GO GET TO LEVEL 85 ASAP. Terrible game.
>>
>>335607331
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>335607453
>all the mobs are ridiculously undertuned
Has fucking nothing to do with quests themselves and again, most classes were complete fuckin shit at leveling in Vanilla.

Hunter and Warlock had it easy and everything was breeze for them.

>half the quests have you do some random gimmicky bullshit like vehicle combat
5% or so is not 50%.

>if you seriously think this is no different from pre-cata questing then you are either completely ignorant of the situation or delusional.
AGAIN THE FUCKING ------------QUESTS---------- ARE NOT DIFFERENT. Whether you want to argue how there's no muh community or not I don't fucking care. The quests are the same shitty fetch quests.

>>335607542
>Do you even realize that most classes can LITERALLY 1-2 shot mobs right now?
Yes? You can still have the quests done double as fast.

>You honestly sound like you have no fucking clue about the game right now. Or how it was back then.
Actually, you're the one who has no fucking clue.

>Answer me this, just what the fuck is appealing or fun in quests today?
Nothing. Just like during Vanilla. They weren't appealing, they were just fucking way to get exp to get to the next level. Nobody fucking read quest texts beyond seeing where to go and if they couldn't find it immediately they went on thottbot.
>>
The only difference between "Pristine" and "Retail" is that you level up more slowly. That's it.
>>
File: 51EVZhKNyGL.jpg (57 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
51EVZhKNyGL.jpg
57 KB, 382x500
Do players own the game they play or do corporations?
>>
>>335603035
>Panda's in WC3
>B-b-but panda's don't belong in the warcraft universe
>>
>>335608021
what pipe dream do you live in? Just because you got a box and a dvd-rom for your game doesn't mean you have access to the online parts of the game.
>>
Pristine Servers would work for me

but it would need way more than just cutting out heirlooms and shit

crafting would need a huge overhaul
mob difficulty needs a gigantic boost
Reputations need to have value again
bring back keys and attunements and shit
dungeons need to be much larger. Chop them into pieces for the other servers like with Marudon in LFG
Obviously no LFR/LFG
Bring back reagents for some things. Stuff like using reagents for rituals and shit was good design when there was a free cost but slower alternative.
Make at the very least threat matter. Mana maybe, a lot of rotations now are more complex but at the bare minimum threat needs to be a thing again
Gigantic experience drop. You shouldnt level 10 levels in a day unless its 1-10. A combination of profession XP, dungeon XP and quests and doing all the zones in your level range should help you get through, slowly.

Things I can live with

toybox
accountwide(maybe)mounts and pets not in your bags
achievements
>>
>>335608021
corporations
>>
>>335608159
I'm talking philosophically. Do you own a game you play, even if it's running on CLOUD servers and the only thing you do is offer inputs to the server?
>>
>>335607875
>>Do you even realize that most classes can LITERALLY 1-2 shot mobs right now?
>Yes? You can still have the quests done double as fast.
Please just stop embarrassing yourself.

Does it really hurt you that much that some people back then enjoyed leveling?
>>
>>335608323
Why do you assent to play a game you do not own?
>>
File: 1461059574413.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461059574413.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>335608352
>I'm talking philosophically.
nice derp post
>>
What wow needs is long unskippable attunement chains spanning through heroics and forced raiding tiers.

As long as they add in 10-15 dungeons and 2-3 raids per tier everything will be good again.

Basically just bring back BC pls
>>
>>335608352
You do own it. That's why playing on a private server is not illegal. Hosting one is.
>>
File: tips_fedora_1429634436157.jpg (89 KB, 651x720) Image search: [Google]
tips_fedora_1429634436157.jpg
89 KB, 651x720
>>335608449
T'hank ya, ma'am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7i5Fu4MVYU
>>
>>335586250

It will fail.

1. It will cost money, unlike Nost

2. It's not a "full" vanilla.

Nost became a circle jerk online and it is one of the major reasons it was able to gain success. It was also easy to access and was free.

I think WoW should do one server to tester the waters. Considering how unreliable the gaming audiences (especially with MMOs) are, it probably will be met with a population less then a majority of normal servs.
>>
>>335608542
Whether you own it philosophically is different from whether you own it legally. Unless you are able to ram through radical intellectual property reforms against your rulers, they will posit that everything you do outside their domain is illegal.
>>
>>335608481
Oh and resist gear
>>
File: 1456693091168.jpg (30 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1456693091168.jpg
30 KB, 320x320
Why do people think they understand how to make and run a legacy server?

Why do you think it's the exact same thing if a few randoms does it and Blizzard?

Why do you think you are right when 99% of you have no clue about programming?
>>
>>335608412
>Please just stop embarrassing yourself.
Are you seriously trying to claim that when you have two people one shotting mobs you aren't getting your quest done twice as fast?

That would be a very stupid claim.

>Does it really hurt you that much that some people back then enjoyed leveling?
Does it really hurt you to know how fucking shit Vanilla questing was? Or how people enjoy questing NOW despite how much you hate it?
>>
>>335586250
It's an interesting compromise. On one hand you have vanilla-like servers with the possibility of new content. On the other hand that new content is probably going to be shit.

Regardless I doubt Blizzard will do legacy or pristine for the following reason:

"Hardcore for everyone" does not include the hardcore. They don't care about us. They only care about normalfags that would prefer to have their hands held because that's where the money is for the most part.

Blizzard's compromise is a simple lie. Something for the hardcore players to chew on and hopefully forget and soon, for blizz' perspective.
>>
>>335608481
The long attunement requirements disheartened a lot of people, that's why they made it skippable and eventually made earlier tiers irrelevant altogether.

The best middle ground would be using that buff that you get in older raids for extra damage, healing etc, once a raid becomes outdated, but with 5-10% bonus, not fucking Thirty.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.