[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there is actually people on this board who thinks Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: 609173.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
609173.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
>there is actually people on this board who thinks Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls 3

How do you feel about this?
>>
I feel they are correct
>>
>>335542162
i agree tbqh
>>
>>335542259

Are you retarded or just have a really shit taste?
>>
>>335542162
BB would be better if it had more than 5 weapons
>>
DaS3>BB>DaS1=DeS>DaS2

You cannot dispute this.
>>
Bloodborne is pretty fucking great.
It's going to be one of the games people name on PS4 emulation lists 20 years from now
>>
File: Lothric and Yharnam.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Lothric and Yharnam.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>335542162
Bloodborne has better art style, enemy design, atmosphere, and music.

Dark Souls 3 has better gameplay, build variety, bosses, and area variety.

They both have interesting lore, and they're both fantastic games.
>>
>>335543469
I'd say BB=DaS1>DaS3>DeS=DaS2
The games have too many small things I like and dislike to seperate them into more groups than the good ones and less good ones.
>>
>>335543898

Name 1 Bloodborne are better than Irithyll
>>
I'm conflicted at the moment honestly

DaS3 = BB = DaS1 > DeS >> DaS2

All of them are really great and do some things better than others.
>>
>>335543469
I'm a DaS1=DeS>DaS3=BB>DaS2 kind of guy
they're all great though
>>
>>335542162
I think BB is better. DaS III is fun but it mostly just feels like they tried to slap together a DaS rehash in BB's engine. It just feels off. Better than II, but it just feels shitty compared to DaS, while Bloodborne is its own thing, so it doesn't suffer from falling short.
>>
>>335544110
Area? Nearly all of them. Irithyll looks great but plays like shit.
>>
>>335544110
Cainhurst is a better snow level.
>>
Guys where is the area from early screenshots with a bleeding sun and a giant snakelike creature ? Finished the game but didnt see it
>>
>>335544570
DLC
>>
DaS3=BB + Old Hunters>BB>DaS1>DaS2
>>
>>335544570
Cut content. It might show up in the dlc, but probably not.
>>
They are 100% right
>>
>>335544131

I also want to say, given the track record for dlc so far, if its as good as that then I would probably put dark souls 3 as top game.
>>
Played both of them simultaneously and finished both around the same time. Can't really decide which is better but both of them are miles ahead of any previous Souls game.
>>
>>335544382

>plays like shit

Explain
>>
BB looks like shit, its so fucking blurry I couldn't believe that the entire game was caught behind this much motion blur, blur in general, and fucking fog. The game runs like shit despite the PS4 being "so powerful" and load times are still ass even after the patch
>>
Kino: DS3
Cinema: BB
Film: DS1
Movie: DeS
Flick: DS2
>>
>>335545014
This.

I can't even imagine going back to DaS1 or DeS after playing DaS3 and BB. The bosses are almost all shit and the combat will feel so sluggish by comparison.
>>
>>335544473

Irithyll Dungeon and Profaned Capital arent snow areas
>>
BB is definitely better, but Dark Souls 3 is really good. Not as good as 1 though.
>>
>>335544570
You finished the game without seeing a big red sun with a black hole in it? That's it, just looks different from bullshot images
and only giant snake likke creature I remember is in smouldering lake the big worm thing
>>
File: 1305146425932s.jpg (5 KB, 248x251) Image search: [Google]
1305146425932s.jpg
5 KB, 248x251
Bloodborne is better.
>>
>>335542162
I like BB more than DaS3 but it's okay if you like DaS3 more OP.
>>
>>335545116
>>>/tv/
>>
>>335545328

You can like it more but saying is better is mistake
>>
>>335545404
Explain yourself
>>
File: dark_souls_3_rumored_screen.jpg (84 KB, 1095x616) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_rumored_screen.jpg
84 KB, 1095x616
So what happened to this mechanic?
>>
Honestly, I'm disappointed in Dark Souls 3 vanilla difficulty. Obviously you can do challenges or whatever to make it harder, but I was hoping the base game would be at least The Old Hunters level of difficulty.
>>
>>335542162
BloodBorne with the DLC is a better game. Hopefully DaS3 with the DLC surpasses it. As for base games i give it to DaS3 over having shit like Nameless/Pontiff. Where as the best bosses in BloodBorne were Gherman/Gassy/Ebrietas and the last one is stretching it. Its not like BB main game is bad but it felt lacking half way through in the enemy department and the DLC was perfect.
>>
>>335545473
I want to know this as well, I was looking forward to it.
>>
>>335545505
Me too and ng+ is nonexistent, doesn't feel harder and there arn't any added enemies that I noticed.
>>
>>335545473
Scrapped/Saved for DLC.
>>
>>335545505
They always make the DLCs harder than the base games. Also:

>at least

The Old Hunters is easily the hardest souls content put out by far. You're expectations are unrealistic familla.
>>
>>335543898
>DS3
>better gameplay

kek
>>
>>335545789
>BB
>better gameplay

kek
>>
>>335545058
Not him but what is special about it? Its actually rather short and its enemy variety is kinda shit. Oh look 2 enemy types that appear in other areas before hand , one enemy that is just normal shitters but lol im invisible for a moment and 1 okay enemy that is basically just a tougher human enemy.

Nothing special at all and the design of its areas are bland gameplay wise besides Aldritchs area.
>>
>>335545763

Yeah, you are definitely right it was unrealistic. I still hoped tho :(
>>
>>335545846
He's right though, why don't you explain how he isn't?
>>
>>335542162
>there is people
>there is
>is
Was third grade English hard for you anon?
>>
>>335545846

Not him, but I prefer BB gameplay as well. Dark Souls 3 has by far the best of the souls series, its not even close. However, I love fast pacing and just overall feel to BB combat.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 480x480
>>335542162

Best Atmosphere: Demon's Souls
Best Combat / Weapons / Bosses: Bloodborn

The three Dark Souls games are alright, but don't stand out enough.
>>
File: Honeyview_2016-03-30_13-39-55.png (797 KB, 798x821) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview_2016-03-30_13-39-55.png
797 KB, 798x821
better in some ways but dark souls is dark souls and bloodborne is bloodborne

completely different games
>>
>>335542162
They areright
>>
>>335542162
I feel like there's a lot of people with PS4 Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>335545116
Solid rating tbhyall
>>
Bloodborne's better to me because the quick hops and dashes are far better visually and mechanically than rolling around everywhere, and the weapon quality in BB beats Dark Souls 3's quantity.
>>
>>335546063
This people got cut at the lack of weapons yet it has the most unique moveset in all the game not even mention all of them transform.
>>
>>335546061
>dark souls 3 is best of Souls series

What do you think makes it better than Dark Souls? Honestly, even though weapon skills add some more variety, I think Dark Souls has better combat. It felt like multiple builds were very viable and with each choice you were gaining something and losing something. In 3 there is no reason to not play with a straight sword unless you want to intentionally gimp yourself.

They literally gave dark souls 3 an easy mode too, starting as knight is objectively better than every other class cuz he starts off with one of the best weapons in the game and he can still fast roll in full armor.
>>
The more I play DS3, the more the comparisons between BB and DS seem retarded.

They really are very different games, despite some surface similarities. Some changes in very key areas of gameplay sets them on very different courses.
>>
>>335542162
Agreed
>>
>>335546165
There are*

It isn't our fault that one of the greatest games of all time happens to be for PS4. Why is it that the only argument against BB is always just "sonyggers gotta justify PS4" and never against the actual game itself? Is it because it's actually an amazing game?
>>
File: Wow Muscles.jpg (58 KB, 736x593) Image search: [Google]
Wow Muscles.jpg
58 KB, 736x593
>>335546063
That is some serious bulk if that's a woman. Rare as fuck to find a woman that bulks like that while natty.
>>
>>335545505
>I was hoping this game would be as hard as DLC for another game
>>
>>335546282
Yeah rolling is stupid
no one ever rolls in battle, it's not practical, and it's retarded looking
>>
>>335545919
>can literally r1 spam everything into stunlock because muh aggression
>bosses are almost all slow moving, making your fast moveset irrelevant

BB has a better combat system in place, yeah. But in practice it just wasn't very good because of the enemy design. If the entire game had enemies like that in the Old Hunters DLC it would be god-tier.
>>
DAS3 PvE
>too many weapons in general, making balance difficult
>too many generic movesets
>redudant weapons that only differ from the model
>most weapons are straight up useless and never used even in PvE
>too few memorable bosses (Gundyr, Nameless King...)
>too easy in general (not aggressive enough, rolling i-frames are too plentiful)
>lore is butchered and full of fanservice at the same time
>quests have too many fail states and do not encourage exploration but mindless wiki-checking

PvP
>no Poise at all, literally doesn't work
>not enough variety in builds and weapons
>only 4 (FOUR) types of weapons are good: Straight swords, Greataxes, Halberds and Spears
>magic effectiveness per point spent is terrible (40 FAI lightning spear does 800 dmg at most)
>shitty community (hackers and whiners on PC, dudebros on Xbox)

Meanwhile BB was pretty much perfect.
>>
File: Yurie & Iosefka.png (572 KB, 1200x1072) Image search: [Google]
Yurie & Iosefka.png
572 KB, 1200x1072
first three bosses in Dark Souls 3
>Iudex "I Die in 6 Hits" Gundyr
>Vordt the Babby Tier
>Wispy "Dodge that AOE" Willow

first three bosses in Bloodborne
>Cleric Beast
>Father Gasgoine
>Bloodstarved Beast

I understand why you'd think Dark Souls 3 is better than Bloodborne if you're a little babby who need your hand held from start to finish.
>>
>>335546782
>can r1 spam everything to death
True, but it's definitely worse in Dark Souls 3. The straight sword is as fast as the fastest weapon in BB.

>bosses are slow moving
Have you played the game? There are tons of fast bosses. Please tell me you aren't basing this off of watching someone else play.
>>
>>335546782
No one on their first playthrough managed to stunlock bosses. For example Amelia is pretty hard the first time. But sure when you realize she doesn't do shit if you use BB pellet and Fire paper she becomes pretty easy.
>>
>>335546815
last three bosses in Dark Souls 3
>Dragon Slayer Armour
>Lothric Bros
>Soul of Cinder

last three bosses in BB
>fucking wet nurse
>a watered down version of Soul of Cinder
>Moon "oh the fights over?" Presence

I understand why you'd think Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls 3 if you're a little babby who need your hand held from start to finish.
>>
>>335546804
>>only 4 (FOUR) types of weapons are good: Straight swords, Greataxes, Halberds and Spears
But I win 4/5 fights with my Greatsword. Are you bad at the game or something?
>>
>>335547125
>watered down version of souls of cinder

Oh so you haven't played the game? Thanks for letting everyone know.
>>
>>335546782
>bloodborn even
>r1 spam stun lock everything

You're thinking of DS3
>>
>>335543469
Haven't played much of up to blood starved beast and so far that game is hardest so far as I died 2 to cleric beast, 5 to father , and like 8 to blood starved.

Overall ranking is
DeS>=DaS1>=DaS3>DaS2

I like the area designs of demon souls the best and is the most consistent and it has an emphasis on the bits between the bosses, rather than the bosses themselves which range from good to piss poor. whereas the meat of DaS1 is consistent until halfway through and bosses are pretty great, until after 4 kings, and the game becomes piss easy and pretty boring, but still has some flare.
DaS2 is about the quantity of the bosses as they thought the game was all about it's bosses and not the bits in between making up the core gameplay and the areas are all boring to go through with Visually different areas from the prior souls.
Da3 is what I believe to be the best mix between good bosses and good area design in terms of progression of how fast you go through it, but only has a set back of a bit of re-hash settings from DeS and DaS. That isn't to say the areas aren't fun to go through, it's just that I have seen these visuals and set-pieces somewhere else.
>>
>>335542492
How to tell someone hasn't played bloodborne. They're easily offended at the mere notion it's the best souls game.

it's EASY to think so too
> not directly connect to dark souls 1 or 2
> different from all the above and demons souls in both gameplay and atmosphere/lore=fresh change the souls series needs
> emphasis on speed builds and dodging over equipment
> had the best visuals up until ds3, which still runs off of many BB assets
> introduced some interesting mechanics and co op/PVP ideas
> amazing lore and soundtrack

So you're amazed that the 4th fucking dark fantasy souls game might not outdo bloodborne?
>>
My BIG complaint is they added Well, What is It?! but they removed the head tilt and back step.

Those motions are CRITICAL. It's so fucking butchered now.
>>
>>335547125

Gehrman during launch was a million times more difficult than Soul of Cinder.
>>
Bloodborne weapons:
>every weapon is a viable main weapon

Dark Souls 3 weapons:
>this weapon is useless
>these boss weapons are useless
>and the rest are all reskins of these useless weapons
>>
>>335547125
>Fan service: the boss
>crippled immobile boss with telegraphed attacks: the boss
>Fan service 2.0: the boss

>>335547175
Pcucks are terrible at the game and you don't mention the SL.
Protip: Dark Souls 3 opened up to a lot of new players to the series and most of them are reaching SL60-80 by now. Spamming r1 and staggering people because there's no poise at all doesn't make you good at the game.
>>
>>335547364

Don't forget how shitty most weapon arts are and you're better off just spam R1
>>
>>335542162
I agree with them.

Plus TOH is unarguably the since greatest piece of content out of all the games.

BB > DaS3 = DaS1 > DeS > DaS2.
>>
>>335547364
>every weapon is a viable main weapon
Considering you can count the total number of weapons on your hands, it makes sense.
>>
>>335542162
>there is

Who cares? I hate ESL college kids more than either of those groups. Please don't post here if you aren't fluent.
>>
>>335547125
>>a watered down version of Soul of Cinder

Dude actually play it, and fight gerhman. That fight was fucking hard as hell
>>
>>335547125
you can't deny that Dark Souls 3 has piss easy bosses.

Even the easiest fucking boss in Bloodborne, Witch of Hemwick, is trickier than Dark Souls 3 bosses.
>>
File: 1458772741959.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458772741959.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
Who else is a low level grapist?

>Dragon torso stone
>Gargoyle flame lance
>Executioner great sword
>Bow + poison / dark arrows
>Toxic dung pies
>Kunais
>Shotel infused with bleed
>Black flame
>Carthus flame weapon
>Xanthous set
>>
>>335547445
>Quantity is better than quality

You hear this only on blue /b/
>>
>>335542162
>there are people on this board who think they can shift people's opinions with shitposting
>>
>>335545197
Irithyll Dungeon is just a shitty Tower of Latria.
>>
>>335542162

I feel fine, since they are right.
>>
>>335547445
Quality>quantity

You're probably the same type of faggot that started with DaS2 and wants them to make DaS16
>>
BB = DeS > DaS 3 > DaS > DaS2

Really the only thing making DaS 3 lower than those two is I prefer the atmosphere.
>>
File: thrall_axe.png (5 KB, 100x124) Image search: [Google]
thrall_axe.png
5 KB, 100x124
Thoughts on pic related? It looks like it could be pretty damn effective for delivering buff damage as well as providing decent mobility with the weapon art.
>>
>>335547417
in Dark Souls 3's defence: weapon arts was a cool idea. It's just a fucking shame that they're about as creative and varied and useful as the weapon themselves in Dark Souls 3.

It's a cool mechanic that I'm sure will be perfected in Bloodborne 2. Thanks for beta testing for us.
>>
>>335542912
Go actually play it, it's damn good.
>>
>>335547206
Sorry I meant an easier, worse version of Soul of Cinder. Sorry for the confusion.

>>335547081
Its not Worse. There are enemies that you actually have to fight. The Knight enemies at Lothric require way more from the player than anything in the base game of BB.

>There are tons of fast bosses.
Such as? There are like 4 or 5 out of all of them.

>>335547482
Lol no. Especially if you parried.
>>
Would have loved to see the opinions in this thread without the PS4 buyers remorse
>>
>>335547445

So you have 26 fingers and they all have a secret second form, with none of them looking like each other?

You need a doctor, anon.
>>
Reminder that sonynggrs are responsible for making DS3 bosses have so little health.

>Miyazaki: Indeed, we've received feedback that Bloodborne early game is too difficult and many inexperienced players were frustrated. Therefore Dark Souls 3 early game difficulty was toned down to guide players into the game. Of course veterans will feel it's too easy but they should be satisfied with late game difficulty.
>>
>>335547358

>Gehrman
>That final boss that you can stand in 1 place beating him by doing nothing but shooting a gun to parry him with a 100 year long parry window

Just sounds like you were shit desu fampai
>>
>>335546782
>>can literally r1 spam everything into stunlock because muh aggression

What? People are bitching left and right that you can stunlock everthing to death with the darksword simply by using r1 over and over again.

Did you really play bloodborne and ds3? Or are you just another console war retard?
>>
DS3 is the best mechanically but the second worst in level and boss design.
>>
>>335547814

Yeah, it would definitely be much better to hear about Bloodborne from pcucks who can't play it and live off of Sour Grapes instead.

Now aren't you a genius.
>>
>>335547546
>that shotel L2>R2

I'm using every variety of shotel in the game on my pvp build and it's fun as fuck. Never see people using them. The man-serpent one is great for a quick hyper armor boost.
>>
>>335543986
finally someone with good taste ;)
>>
>>335547125
And those are pretty much they only remarkable bosses of the game, while everything else aside from nameless king is a total pushover.
>>
>>335546636
There's a lot of arguments against BB. It's easy, it's spammy. It has no build variety. The only interesting thing about this game is atmosphere and art design. That's it.
But you already know all that, because it's been discussed over and over again. Once again - the only reason this game is liked so much is because of PS4 post-purchase justification.
>>
Dark Souls>DeS>BB>DaS 3>>>DaS 2

I don't get why everyone blows Bloodborne so hard. The regain system for health rewards reckless gameplay to the point where you can mindlessly trade with early bosses and enemies such as Gascoigne. The blood gem and rune systems were boring since they only add numerical benefits and the blood gems also add the randomness element to determining how good your character ends up or how long you have to grind to get a good character. The game runs relatively poorly with common framerate drops. The visual design is cluttered with gravestones/statues everywhere, just making everything feel somewhat bland. The enemies are very bland throughout the game with recurring enemies of increasing strength with little visual indication, other than the eye color of some enemies, of their upgraded power. The boss design was questionable at best - visually and mechanically. The flow of the game is often interrupted and certain areas are clearly tacked on. The story is bland to a fault. Gun parrying and visceral attack execution was uninspired and uninteresting.

The only real highlights of Bloodborne were a couple of the boss fights and the weapon movesets.
>>
>>335546636
what'd you end up buying after bloodborne for your ps4? Black ops 3 I'm assuming? Should have cut your losses and sold it
>>
>>335547519
It took me three tries for the witches.. and got Amelia on my first. I think I'm broken.
>>
bloodborne casualized the souls series
>>
Things you didn't know
holding down on the dpad will automatically switch it back to the first item slot which should be your estus. So no need to fumble through your items when you really need to heal
>>
File: 0 (13).webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
0 (13).webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>335545846
But BB literally does have superior combat (i.e the gameplay part).

Weapon arts are nice, but they ain't got shit on trick weapon movesets. I miss transforming weapons and going in and out of 2H form mid attack so badly.
>>
>>335546815
all enemies in the first level of Bloodborne:
>villager
>fat axeman
>giant wolf
>dog
>wolfman
>slime
>wheelchair gunner
>cinderblock puncher
>crows

all enemies in the first three levels of DS3:
>dog
>dog
>dog
>dog
>dog
>sword guy
>sword guy
>knight (with sword)
>>
>>335548052
>he says while having to buy a 970 just to play DaS3 over 30 fps with no frame dips

I'd rather pay a full package for a working console than jew out $300 for a fucking graphics card.
By the way, PS4 costs $300 at most now.
>>
>>335547358

>Gehrman
>Hardest boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ms2EacLqE

>mfw I did this first playthrough first try
>>
>>335542162
Sony ponies love breaking global rule no.15
>>
>>335548210
demon's souls did
>>
Whoever is bitching about unviable weapons in DS3 are obviously not fucking building for them
>>
>>335542162
Because its true, more cohesive world, story, gameplay. Everything is viable in BB, can't say the same for DS3.
>>
>>335548160

Wow, you wrote all that shit and in the end there was not a single thing worth reading, everything you said could be used against any other souls game, and indeed the flaws you listed are shared by all souls games.

Work harder on your bait next time.
>>
>>335548316
>muh builds
fucking cancer
>>
File: 12356474274.jpg (13 KB, 168x216) Image search: [Google]
12356474274.jpg
13 KB, 168x216
Why are people who only have a PC even allowed in threads discussing these games anyway? They only have access to 3 out of 5 games and the first one didn't even have a fully functional online due to GFWL.

Playstation users are the true fans of the series. Why even allow people with a casual interest on it who probably bought it during a steam sale to discuss a series they only have so-so familiarity with anyway? There should at least be chaste system to correctly identify people who started with the series (playstation users) and people who just parachuted on it with the whole hardest game ever marketing thing (pc users).Seems quite nonsensical otherwise tbqhwy.
>>
>>335548384
This is the post bloodborne generation
>>
>>335548364

>Everything is viable

This meem again
>>
>>335547914
>worst in boss design

That would be DaS2 with DeS being in a close second.

>>335547913
I did and while I loved the atmosphere and level design the enemy design left a lot to be desired. DaS3 isn't perfect by any means but sometimes you actually have to fight some of the enemies instead of just mashing r1r1r1.

Also the vast majority of bosses in DaS3 are really good. But memers will say they're bad because they personally found them easy. Its sad, really.

>>335548241
Combat does not equate to gameplay you idiot. There's more to it than that.
>>
>>335548264
But you fail to mention that the Bloodborne list repeats throughout the whole game
>>
>>335548264
>all enemies in the first three levels of DS3:
>dog
>dog
>dog
>dog
>dog
>sword guy
>sword guy
>knight (with sword)

You forgot the CTRL+C CTRL+V of Yharnamites and Hemwick Residents, specially in Undead Settlement aka Not-Hemwick Charnel Lane.
>>
>>335548430
Care to prove how its a meme? Cause in DS3 straightsword is king, magic is fucking garbage and heavy weapons are borderline unusable because no poise and enemy hyper armor.
>>
>>335542162
I liked the weapons in BB better. DS3 is basically "use the dark sword or you are handicapping yourself against anyone remotely not retarded".

I don't see the point in a game with 150 weapons when 99% of them are objectively worse than the other 1%.
>>
>>335548392
because bb is fucking overrated and DeS has aged like shit
>>
>>335547781
>easier than soul of cinder
Again you obviously haven't played the game.

>you actually have to fight lothric Knights
Lol no you don't, you just r1 spam them to death. When I first played it I tried to take them seriously, thinking they would have poise or something but my buddy said "dude just hit them" so I did and they became nothing more than regular mob enemies.

Bloodborne NPC hunters shit all over the Knights, the crow at the end of Eileen's quest alone is harder than anything in DaS3 including the bosses and takes more concentration to beat.

Fast bosses include BSB, Gas, Logarius, Shadows, and Gehrman in just the base game. Aside from them, the large bosses are also pretty quick for the most part and use their moves quickly. There aren't any bosses in BB that you can beat by just strafing around them and yet the hardest bosses in Dark Souls 3 will just stand there and readjust while you circle around them.

I was pretty good at Souls games when I played BB and some bosses still manage to take me hours to beat, but the hardest boss in DaS3, Pontiff, took me about half an hour total to beat.

Lothric Princes were definitely the best fight even though they only took me about 4 tries.
>>
>>335546815
>The One Reborn
>Micolash
>Mergo's Wet Nurse

>Amygdala
>Paarl
>but muh "you can fight them earlier" even if they placed them at the end of the game!
>>
>>335548563

How does it make sense to call the best game in the series overrated? That's irrational. DeS didn't age like shit, unless you were literally born into the 7th gen.
>>
>>335547306
>had the best visuals up until ds3, which still runs off of many BB assets

Wow, the 4th game to be released in a series had the best visuals until the 5th one comes out? What a shocker.

I own and have beaten BB, although so far I'm enjoying DaS 3 more. Might just be in the honeymoon phase, we'll see.
>>
>>335548224
Thanks senpai
>>
>>335548430
But everything is indeed viable, unlike Estoc Souls.
>>
>>335548626
And Celestial Emissary, and the Witches of Hemwick and Cleric Beast and...
>>
>>335548552
This is my problem with the game. I cant bring myself to play through it differently when im doing less damage.
>>
>>335542162
>Slight improvements to every aspect of franchise except for level design, which was fucking awful
>Slight improvements to every aspect of franchise except for atmosphere, which was fucking good

I feel satisfied.
>>
Why is "dark souls 3 is bad because a few weapons are stronger than the rest" even an argument? No one is forcing you to use the OP stuff.

You can actually try enjoying the game, you really don't have to showoff that you killed every boss really fast, no one cares
>>
>>335548264

Intentionally forgetting

>Cage enemies
>Bowl/Machete enemies
>Invading Purples
>Crazy pyromancy grannies
>Wood Skeletons
>Fire Demon
>Thralls
>Winged Halberdiers
>Mutating Hollows
>Other people because the online invasions actually work

Not to mention the enemies actually have interactions with each other making you prioritize certain ones.
>>
i haven't played any other than dark souls 3, but if this is the best in the series, the series must be awful.
>>
>>335548052
>it's easy and spammy
Dark Souls 3 is ten times this, try harder.

>no build variety
Every build and weapon is viable as fuck.

The only arguments I see against BB are people like you that don't know what they're talking about. Especially if you're comparing it to DaS3, DaS3 literally has an easy mode called knight class that starts you off with one of the best weapons in the game.

I feel like the difference here is that I'm able to say DaS3 is really good while still having its flaws, whereas you refuse to admit that BB is good for some ridiculous reason.
>>
>>335548703

>Getting bodied by Estoc memers
>Not being able to parry or space correctly

Go to bed shitter.
>>
>>335547306
>had the best visuals up until ds3, which still runs off of many BB assets

You wot? Bloodborne blows dark souls 3 out of the water in the visual department. The textures on dark souls 3 are really low res garbage, the phantoms look like they were colored in paint and the character models are fucked because you always look like a gianormous landwhale if you just increase your muscles a tiny little bit. You literally have to move the abdomen and chest sliders on females to zero if you don't want to look like an Uncooked Hamburguer instead of an Unkinkled.
>>
>>335549002
ask mommy for a new card this christmas
>>
File: 546546.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
546546.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>335546451
>In 3 there is no reason to not play with a straight sword unless you want to intentionally gimp yourself.
I love this meme, the more people that believe this, the more Dark Sword shitters I get to shit on in PVP.
>>
>>335548704
>Father "Molotov/Music/Parry/Gravestrafe Weakness" Gascoigne you can literally outtrade with the cane

>Failed Experiments

>Tedious Gravestrafe Snake Brothers
>>
>Getting sick and tired of Crystal Sage after a dozen tries
>Chug an Ember and Summon
>First Summon dies on the way to the fog gate after I'm in, die again
>2nd Summon same thing
>Third Summon manages to make it in, it's a big club wielding Sunbro
>She dies right at the end of the fight, but I finally do it after almost 20 attempts
Thank fuck.
What I want to know is: How are Summons so shit at just running past enemies?
>>
>>335549002
>The textures on dark souls 3 are really low res garbage,
same for Bloodborne, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>335549065
Except I own a 970 and I'm playing it on Ultra on PC. Cry more.
>>
>>335548927

>Every build and weapon is viable as fuck.

Because they're all the same. Skill and Strength are the same stat under a different name. Strength weapons aren't inherently different to skill weapons, they're just artificially different because of their weapon archetype. Arcane spells are a waste of fucking time. That's literally all there is in BB.

You don't know what you're talking about nignog.
>>
>>335548816
It would help if the weapons were very different but equally viable. They really aren't. Huge weapons hit hard per hit, but with poise turned off, huge stamina requirements, huge stat requirements and huge weight they are completely non practical. And they don't even hit THAT much harder per hit than smaller weapons. The dark sword can get nearly 500 AR and you can swing it more than 3 times without running out of stamina. The strongest big weapon can hit like 650 at 40/40.

I mean, come the fuck on From.

And spells are useless now too.

If you aren't going to balance 150 weapons and 50 spells, don't put them in the fucking game. Almost everything was viable in BB with the right gems, stats and playstyle. And they were almost all unique from one another too. Thats way better than things currently are in DS3.
>>
>Have to go through that gaunlet of bullshit before you hit the princes
>Enemies follow you all the way in

This is fun :)
>>
>>335549087
>dying to Crystal Sage more than once or twice
what the fuck?
>>
>>335549097
Nope they are not. They are much better than the ones in dark souls 3.

You're forgetting that this is a literal console port that is also available on the bone, which is garbage next to the ps4 that is already garbage by itself.
>>
>>335549154
>literally can't see the shortcut elevator to the right of the boss door that lets you skip literally everything
>>
>>335549154
unlock shortcut right next to boss door......
>>
File: car jack.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
car jack.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Objective List:
The Old Hunters > Artorias of the Abyss > DaS = BB > Des = Scholar of the First Sin = DaS 3 > DaS 2
>>
>>335549143
>has a dex build
>thinks the S scaling STR weapon is not viable
>>
File: 2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>335549069

Nice work anon. I don't have any webbums of my greatsword build converted atm but here's a parry.
>>
>>335549237
>Nope they are not. They are much better than the ones in dark souls 3.
factually incorrect

are you retarded or something? just because it plays on a shitty resolution doesn't mean the textures are good
>>
>>335549087
>dieing to crystal sage

How is this even possible, that boss is brain dead, you literally spam r1 and attack. Git gud.

Also

>summoning phantoms

/v/ cmon, you're better than this.
>>
>>335548458
>That would be DaS2

That's why I said second worst.

>DeS being in a close second

DeS overdid it with gimmick boss fights but it still had more original, better bosses than DS3.
>>
>>335542162
bloodborne suffers from poor design decisions.
replayability is almost zero. the starting weapons are not only capable you have to go out of your way to level up other weapons. chalice dungeons are terribly implemented, copy pasted rooms haphazardly slapped together. they locked cool unique bosses behind those terrible dungeons. It also isn't a fun replay because you will know the twist to the story.
>>
>>335549127
>they're all the same

Wow at least be good at pretending you've played it
>>
File: 1461202063708.png (216 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
1461202063708.png
216 KB, 432x413
>Beat Aldrich
>Get to gwyneveres room
>See some orange soap stones
>"No chest ahead" "sadness..." "Need chest"
>MFW

Never change dark souls
>>
>>335549127
>Because they're all the same. Skill and Strength are the same stat under a different name. Strength weapons aren't inherently different to skill weapons, they're just artificially different because of their weapon archetype. Arcane spells are a waste of fucking time. That's literally all there is in BB.

Could you make it even more obvious you never even touched Bloodborne? Each weapon has WAY more moves than any weapon category in dark souls plus they double up as another one AND you can make them even more complex by switching their forms on the fly.

Arcane is fucking fantastic after it got revamped and Augur of Ebrietas for example deals great damage AND parries enemies.

You don't know what the FUCK you're talking about.
>>
>>335549143
I thought I was just playing the game wrong or something because for the life of me I couldn't find a good greatsword or any armor with poise. I absolutely love the game but is this shit going to be fixed? The first weapon I picked up and switched to using was the broadsword and I am still using it
>>
>>335549360
actually it's pretty much necessary to replay bloodborne several times to help you justify your PS4 purchase
>>
>>335549303
kek he honestly thought he was gonna pull off some badass *faces the other direction to secretly charge my strong attack ultimate gaijin killer bait*
>>
>>335545473
enemies can still do it to you
>>
>>335542162
des gustibus non disputandum est
>>
>>335542162
They're right
>>
>>335549471
Poise is literally turned off in the game files. It doesn't do ANYTHING for the player. Hyperarmor matters, but good luck abusing it.

>>335549297
Huh?
>>
>>335549375

>This argument everytime

I'm beginning to think there's 1 person who avidly defends BB's flaws by claiming no one has played it.
>>
>>335548463
except that's not true and if you actually played the game you would know that
>>
File: Toshiyuki.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Toshiyuki.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>Ventured into the dungeon before stopping by the kitchen
>Siegward is not there
D-did I fucked up? What's the fucking flag?
>>
>>335549360
>It also isn't a fun replay because you will know the twist to the story.

As opposed to dark souls 3 which is just you doing the exact same fucking shit you've done two games before with zero added depth to anything? Wow that's some great design right there.

>chalice dungeons are terribly implemented, copy pasted rooms haphazardly slapped together

At least they are optional and provide the best challenge this series has seen. Meanwhile we have dark souls 3 using literal chalice dungeons for TWO levels, including what should be an iconic one (izalith).
>>
>>335549326
>Summoning Phantoms
I don't give a shit, I can redeem myself later. For now, I want to experience the game.

As for
>Dying to Crystal Sage
>Get close, she spawns a ball in my face on my way in, if I dodgeroll, it still hits me
>The ground effect is easy, no big deal
>If she manages to get off a spike ball, I'll dodge it and she'll spawn either rain or those 5 balls, which both end up fucking me as I go for first hit, cause they JUST spawned
>Can consistently get her to half with minimal damage
>Next phase, it's just
>Arrow to the back
>Arrow to the face
>Arrow to the side
>Arrow up my asshole
>Arrow down my throat
>Arrow
>Arrow
>Arrow
That's all they spammed with the occasional ground effect or spam shot, don't know the names.
I know they have other attacks, but as soon as I go to kill one, either that one or another one hits me with an Arrow.
Every. Time. 20 runs.
If not for the arrows, I am certain I would have finished her in one run.
>>
File: Hunter's Nightmare panorama.jpg (3 MB, 3624x2039) Image search: [Google]
Hunter's Nightmare panorama.jpg
3 MB, 3624x2039
>>335544110
If we're talking base game, Central Yharnam/Hemwick/Forbidden Woods/Upper Cathedral Ward.

I do really like Irithyll, though.
>>
Can we make a list of enemies that aren't just recycled in Bloodborne?

>Resident Evil 4 Snake Zombies
>Watery Students
>Nightmare Spiders
>Cainhurst Ghosts
>???
>>
>>335549645
Did you check the well?
>>
>>335548892
Because it's supposed to be a trade off. You choose greatswords over straight sword cuz they do more damage and stagger enemies. You choose magic over melee because it hits harder, but you lose up close abilities.

In 3 there is no trade off, straight sword staggers anyway and does almost as much damage as greatswords so there is no reason not to use it. There will never be a time where you have dark sword and find something else saying "this is better for this or this" it will always just be "dark sword is best for every situation".
>>
One should also consider that not only did Bloodborne players waste money on a PS4, they also probably tried to buy DS3 on PCs that can't run it
>>
File: 1426376162233.jpg (244 KB, 1846x1212) Image search: [Google]
1426376162233.jpg
244 KB, 1846x1212
>>335549683
>>
>>335549127
>Strength weapons aren't inherently different to skill weapons
This is like saying DEX and STR are the same in Bloodborne because there are big heavy slow moving weapons in the DEX side and super face athletic weapons in the STR tree. Holy shit the delusion.

>Arcane spells are a waste of fucking time
Confirmed a retard or maybe some poor bastard who only played vanilla BB. Arcane is arguably the strongest build in the game right now, the spells hit hard as fuck in PVP and Arcane shits all over PVE making even Defiled chalice ez pz.

There's also an entire gameplay changer tied to Arcane in AYYY mode, which literally changes your character from the ground up including their moving, dodge, attacks and a special power attack.
>>
>>335549609
>say blatant bullshit
>gets called on it
>hurr s-stop it!

lmao

go buy a ps4 poorfag, they are pretty cheap right now
>>
>>335549360
> It also isn't a fun replay because you will know the twist to the story.
Are you retarded or something? Do you not replay games after knowing the twist?

Otherwise I'd argue that Bloodborne is more replayable simply because while it has a smaller pool of weapons, each weapon is actually viable. Dark Souls 3 feels like a slog on every replay because the early game is so fucking samey. Granted at least the online WORKS unlike BB, but invasions have gotten really predictable because of the aforementioned issue.

There are only 3-4 viable weapons early game and they'll carry you all the way to the end. Half of those weapons are in the same weapon class. And if you're a magic user, you're stuck to those weapons even if you beat the game because of the retarded scaling.
>>
>>335542162

I agree actually, make no mistake tho, I really like DS3, but I do think Bloodborne is a better game overall. DS3 feels like elements of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2 and Bloodborne smashed up into a game.
>>
>>335549767
I know I saved him from there.
>>
>>335548912
Play DS2
>>
>>335546815
The end of DS3 has the most amazing bosses. Nameless King is the best boss in the entire soul series. Not only is he riding a dragon but he also does some flying Ornstein would be proud of and has lightning attacks that would make Zeus piss himself.

Dancer teaches you what it's like to be a blade of grass against a lawnmower.

Cleric Beast was cool when you realized that you did almost no damage to it and how huge it was but in the end it was just something that could be dodged easily and could be staggered for crits. Nothing terribly awesome.

I'll give you Gascoigne cause that was awesome but Bloodstarved Beast was a generic four legged boss.
>>
>>335549743
>water students

u wot m8

They are those worm fatfucks. They even have the same vomit attack and the exact same faces.
>>
>>335549703
Holy shit, git gud.
>>
>>335549645

Yes, if you went to the dungeon already it's too late, you can save him in the profaned capital still and get a titanite slab, but he won't join you for the boss fight.
>>
>>335549609
>so new he doesn't even know the number of posters is at bottom of thread
>so new he doesn't know you have to wait between posts
>is also retarded

Isn't it past your bed-time kid?
>>
>>335548970
>shitty netcode means 2' long shortsword has the reach of a halberd
sorry I'm not as good as you
>>
File: 1460994388069.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460994388069.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>335543898
>build variety
>every one uses FUGS, Dark Sword and Irithyll Straight Sword
>>
File: 14196134897592.jpg (162 KB, 584x720) Image search: [Google]
14196134897592.jpg
162 KB, 584x720
>gwyn's theme song starts playing during SoC second phase

That caught me off guard. It was a nice touch though.
>>
>>335542162
Dark Souls 3 is mechanically one of the best games with great level design.

But just playing it, It never reached any high points (besides Nameless King). The story and area designs were bland.
>>
>>335549781
xD
>>
>>335550005
>Git gud
Trust me, Anon. I've been trying. But I openly admit I suck shit and know exactly where I fuck up consistently, it's just exceptionally difficult to adjust to one's mistakes.
Also, the hitbox on the ground effects are fucked up, they go about a foot wider than their visuals.
>>
>>335549127
smhtbqh
>>
>>335547914
>DS3 is the best mechanically
Oh sure except for no poise and shitty magic.

DS1 did have shitty backstabs but those could be avoided. Avoiding stuns isn't.
>>
>>335547416
Most enemies in all the games have telegraphed attacks, that's a retarded thing to complain about.
>>
>>335550215
It's fine anon, these things happen sometimes when B-team is in charge.
>>
>>335542162
Darks souls 3 burnt me out after a playthrough. Didn't feel like this with bloodborne or any of the other games. DS3 is a good game but I'm ready for a break.
>>
>>335549942
u wot m8

The dragon part of the fight is the lamest shit since it only has four attacks, one of which leaves him open long enough for you to kill him. And The King himself is slow as piss, giving you plenty of opportunities to go ham and kill him. Same for the Dancer who tends to swing wide and miss you.

The best bosses in DS3 are Gundyr and the final boss. Most of the bosses in DS3 are literal trash-tier.
>>
>>335549634
Huh?

all enemies in the first level of Bloodborne:
>villager
Throughout the whole game.
>fat axeman
Before the Witches and the left of the Vicar.
>giant wolf
Church, Old Yarnham
>dog
Throughout the whole game.
>wolfman
Whole game.
>slime
Not sure what you're referring to
>wheelchair gunner
Whole game.
>cinderblock puncher
At the very least, the bell maidens summon them after The One Reborn
>crows
The whole game.
>>
>>335550161
>Dark souls 3 is mechanically one of the best games
Hahahaha holy shit people actually believe this.

Enemy hyper armor after 2 hits, fucked scaling on everything, split damage is fucking garbage, magic is fucking useless and when its good its like 1 spell per school. Bloodborne style dodges in a souls game.

Mechanically its the worst in the series
>>
>>335550351
Glad to hear, have a lovely night, Anon.
>>
File: 1458825362409.gif (2 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1458825362409.gif
2 MB, 294x233
>>335549127
>>
>>335549860
Don't forget how dark souls 3 has literally one, ONE, 1, UNO viable build. If you aren't running a quality build, you are deliberately gimping yourself.

The fact is that this game was clearly rushed as fuck, which is why you even have multiple untextured objects in the scenery and even walls you can simply walk through. It's very clear the focus of development and efforts went into Bloodborne, whose development started as soon as they were done with Artorias of the Abyss and they even let slip what they already had in mind with characters such as Marvelous Chester. Meanwhile, Rushed Souls 3: Cashgrab Edition just scrapped the majority of Bloodborne assets put together in a haste and little disregard for any balance whatsoever with probably less than half the development time by a team that aside from Miyazaki and a few bloodborne artists, had NO experience whatsoever with any of the previous games, and they called it a day.

Even Miyazaki himself confesses the game is unfinished after all. Source: http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-3-incomplete/

No wonder there is little to no originality whatsoever regarding anything of this game and it feels like a greatest hits edition drowning in cheap fanservice.
>>
File: 20160426_150823.jpg (676 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160426_150823.jpg
676 KB, 2048x1152
>>335549825

I like proving faggots wrong, no matter how petty it is.

>>335549797

Admittedly the DLC fixed a lot of the games initial issues. That kind of makes it even worse as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>335542162
never ever cucks, kys
>>
>>335549703
What weapon are you using out of curiosity?
I've had difficulties with supposedly easy bosses as well, nothing wrong with that. Pretty much everyone on /v/ is just 12 and needs to prove their prowess on the playground
>>
>>335550496
That's really true though. All the genuinely useful Arcane stuff is for a 15 point investment.
>>
>>335549942
There isn't a single boss in dark souls 3 that comes even CLOSE to the quality of Ludwig, Maria and Orphan of Kos.

And the first phase of Nameless King was cool at first but just a complete non-issue annoyance at best at rematches because the dragon is just a laughable pushover, just like over half of the bosses in this game were.
>>
>>335548458
>Combat does not equate to gameplay you idiot
The main appeal of Soulsborne is its combat.
>>
>>335550403
Felt the same way after playing BB. By the time I got to post Rom Yahargul I just wanted the game to be over.

>>335550446
There are only like 2 or 3 trash-tier bosses in the game and they're not even that bad. The only one that I would consider actually unenjoyable is Ancient Wyvern.
>>
>>335550456
>villager throughout the whole game

Oh I must've missed them in old yharnam, byrgenwerth, lecture hall, frontier, cainhurst and mensis. Mind reminding me where they are in those areas? Oh the dogs, wheelchairs and wolfmen too, thanks.
>>
>>335550551
First ~ 10 runs was a Great Scythe+2 imbued with Fire.
Second ~10 runs were the Deep Axe from the Mimic on the High Wall at +2.
Deep Axe did slightly more damage, so I stuck with it, prefer the Scythe overall, better move set for me, but whatever.
The part that shocks me is still
>Phantoms can't even fucking run past a small room with 4 melee guys and 2 casters to a Fog Gate
Also, Pyromancer, but there's 0 chance to use any I had in the room once she starts cloning.
>At low health, 2nd failed Phantom run
>Hiding behind corner tree
>Three Arrows hit the tree
>Go to shoot a fireball at the nearest clone
>Arrow to the face
>>
>>335543898
>Dark Souls 3 has better gameplay
>Dark Souls 3 has better bosses
'no'
>>
>>335550715

The main appeal is how every single aspect of the game integrates into the core combat. When Bloodborne took out all the ancillary systems it became a significantly less interesting game.
>>
>>335550609
>15 ARC meme
You're even worse than I imagined.
>>
>>335550161

I think it's the worst.

They just smashed bloodborne enemies in the game when there's an order of magnitude of difference between the design of both games. Bloodborne is about being as aggressive as you can be and the game punishes you for being passive, whereas Souls is the exact contrary, where combat is slow, patient and methodical.

They just shoved your typical souls MC into bloodborne and called it a day. It was a major design clash that didn't work at all.
>>
File: 20160422_191857.png (793 KB, 1440x915) Image search: [Google]
20160422_191857.png
793 KB, 1440x915
Bloodborne>Das3=Das1>DaS2>DeS

this is LITERALLY correct and any other order is wrong
/thread
>>
>>335550539
>That kind of makes it even worse as far as I'm concerned.
I think you're judging it unfairly but that's just me. Do you also think the fact that they fixed broken ass shit like TWoP + WotG and invis ring disabling lock on in DaS1 made it worse?

Judging a game's balance by a previous state is pretty fucking dumb if they've went out of their way to fix the issue. The only time I'd see that as acceptable is if you're somehow only playing offline and can't update and have to deal with base game broken shit with no patches.
>>
>>335550486
>Enemy hyper armor after 2 hits
"WAAAAHH I CAN'T MASH ON ENEMIES" (except you can)
> fucked scaling on everything
Hyperbole. Every game has had its good and bad weapons. These games also get series of patches and fixes.
>split damage is fucking garbage
Always has been unless you were buffing.
>magic is fucking useless
This is a bad thing?
>Bloodborne style dodges in a souls game
Only in regards to iframes and stamina regen compared to weight (which isn't a bad thing). Also,
>implying BloodBorne isn't a souls game
>>
File: 1461640010372.png (61 KB, 975x1278) Image search: [Google]
1461640010372.png
61 KB, 975x1278
>>335550810
>Denial.jpg
>>
>>335550539
Are you still posting?

Topkek, even if that is your screenshot, which it isn't. To say that STR and DEX is the same thing is retarded, there is no coming back from that anon, it's best if you just give it up while you can.
>>
>>335550780
>2 or 3 trash tier bosses
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Crystal Sage
Abyss Watchers
Deacons of the Deep
Wolnir
Yhorm
Oceiros
Ancient Wyvern
Vordt
>>
Comparing PvP;
>BB
>magic tools are fairly limited in usefulness
>guns can be useful at times, but are definitely not a main way to fight
>every attack on a weapon can potentially be useful in a fight

>DS3
>good luck hitting someone with magic
>good luck hitting someone with bows
>why are you bothering with something than R1 for your attacks?

I still enjoy both games.
>>
>>335550850
Oh you can keep your super cool Arcane gem build or your equally cool Moonlight Blade build where you try to rack up your 60 Arcane for those dank spells. Those are totally useful and offer anything beyond a 15 Arc Strength/Skill build.
>>
>>335551069
>disliking abyss watchers
>disliking crystal sage
>disliking vordt
>disliking oceiros
what the fuck?
>>
>>335550867
>Crucified Hollow, really aggressive moveset
>Block with Twin Dragon GS, he bounces in the first hit
Wow, that was so hard.
>>
>>335550826
That makes literally 0 sense. Bloodborne's combat integrates into the actual gameplay and even the lore far more than any Souls game.

Are you one of these shitters who think because there are less weapons in BB (even though each single weapon has a significantly larger moveset and a lot more effort put into them than Souls weapons), that the game is shit? If that's the case then DaS2 is factually the best Souls game since it has 10x the weapons of DeS, DaS1 and DaS3.

Rethink your contradictory fanboy bias.
>>
>>335550826
It became a less interesting game because it refined combat and made weapons much more complex than Souls and it's one million reskins of the same shitty sword with like 3 attacks? Lol?
>>
>>335551069
Okay now I know for sure you're retarded.

Thanks for the (you) my friend.
>>
>>335550995
>Arguments are literally NUH-UUUH
Fromdrone please fuck off.
>>
>>335550780
I felt the same way in BB as I was working my way up to the wet nurse. I pretty much wanted it to just end and I was tired of it. Only kept pushing on because I know it was just 2 bosses after that, went with the alien ending.
>>
>>335550946

I always thought DaS1 had the worst PvP so yes it did make it worse.

Bloodborne's DLC did far more than just fix balance issues though. The bosses in the vanilla game were quite lackluster. DLC's were all fantastic except the Failures. The weapon variety over doubled but sadly all the weapons are in the DLC zone so playing through the main game is still a chore.

I loved the DLC for BB but the Vanilla game stopped me from ever bothering to revisit it more than twice.

I also thought the Chalice dungeons were pure unfiltered hot garbage, same goes for The Demon Ruins in DS3.
>>
>>335550456
>fails to mention
>Byrgenwerth
>Cainhurst Castle
>Nightmare Frontier
>where none of those enemies appear
>also
>Bloodsuckers
>Fly-head humanoids
>Gigantic flower snake
>Egg-headed aliens
>Slug-scholars with magic
>Frenzy monsters
>Snakey-fucks
What's your damage little boy?
>>
>>335551140
Abyss watchers and vordt are fine but sage and oceiros are shit anon.
>>
>>335550826
In your opinion.

Bloodborne improved significantly on the combat of Souls, the main attraction of the series. It offered a new faster approach, a new rally system, the widest variety of combos and the ability to transition between them, and 100% unique weapons that possess two wholly different movesets.

It sacrificed some aspects like poise and equip load, but showered you in more actual combat variety.
>>
>>335551223
Compare that cherry picked list to literally any Souls game
>>
>>335544570
High Wall. The sun is eclipsed and there are at least two pusses of man that you can fight.
>>
>>335551140
Abyss Watchers is literally one of the easiest fights because they are predictably easy to parry, stagger from almost every attack and can be backstabbed. Even in Phase 2.

Vordt dies before he can be any threat at all and he can be avoided by hovering his butt. Much like Oceiros. Don't get me started on Oceiros nearly instant charge that can one-shot you, which is the ONLY thing that makes the fight not completely laughable.
>>
>>335551291
Why are they shit?

Can you name any other reason besides that they're easy?
>>
>>335551069
What Abyss watchers was great. Oceiros wasn't bad either. Same with Vordt. Even crystal sage and tree weren't bad.
>>
>>335550995
Except you can't

There are a ton of weapons that require a significant investment in a stat that don't scale off it at all.

Split damage has always been fine in this game its flat out garbage.

Magic should be a viable playstyle and this statement of yours flat out admits that its mechanically broken
>>
>>335551291
what's wrong with sage?
he's easy, but it's not TERRIBLE

also wtf is your problem with Oceiros
>>
>>335551146
>0 poise
>get stunlocked by a pack of rats in a corner doing 5 damage
>can't react because your MC is slow as fuck and can't dash like a Hunter
>meanwhile for every other encounter you have to wait for the enemies to be done with their 197 hits combo while rolling indefinitely to hit them once and repeat
Wow, such quality! Truly that's what the souls experience has always been about until now!
>>
>>335551007
Explain to me how Dark Souls III has better gameplay or better bosses, and I'll explain exactly why you are wrong.

Or you can post another MS Paint picture if you want.
>>
>>335551323
>big guy with a sword
>big guy with a spear
>dog
>regular sized guy with a sword
>guy with a sword and shield
>this guy throws poison darts
>>
>>335551428
You have shit taste.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.