[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since this happens in pretty much every Souls thread, (and there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: frimp.jpg (125 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
frimp.jpg
125 KB, 1440x900
Since this happens in pretty much every Souls thread, (and there's been a lot of Souls threads recently) let's let it all out here.

Dark Souls Lore thread

Ask questions, share theories, debate what the other thinks is fact, or try to sum up the lore in one or two sentences. I'll start

What exactly is Frampt?
>>
Old whitering snake
>>
He's jewish
>>
>>335442839
But where is he from? How does he get around?
>>
>>335442949
I knew it
>>
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME

BEING AN UNKINDLED DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE OF LINKING THE FIRST FLAME

IT MEANS YOU WERE A MASSIVE FUCKUP IN YOUR ORIGINAL UNDEATH AND FAILED TO LINK THE FLAME. YOU ARE BASICALLY A CRESTFALLEN WHO GETS RESURRECTED BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FLAME'S C-TEAM.
>>
>>335443168
>We're the bunch of surly midgets to A and B team.
makes sense, considering everything in this game is taller than the PC as well
>>
>>335443168
uh like this desu
anyone here tired of unkindled privileged folks getting the attention they don't deserve???
>>
>>335443327
I caught that reference.
>>
Nameless King in DS3 is Ornstien

This is just my theory.

>We know Ornstien ditched sometime before or During DKS1 by reading Smoughs armor
>We know he went to find Nameless King (Gwyns firstborn)
>Gods dont hollow, Gwyn only hollowed when his soul was sacraficed
>Nameless King looks hollowed

What I think happened is the same as with Gywndolin. With the fire fading, NK took ill too. Ornstien was being loyal to him the entire time. Ornstien then knew someone had to protect Archdragon peak from the Dragonslayers, so he takes up the Mantle of Nameless King and wears the Armor.
>>
>>335443635
Ornstein's lighting was nowhere near as powerful as Nameless's.

That and you kill Ornstein in 2.
>>
>>335443742
>kill Ornstein in 2.
No, he died to Nameless king.
>>
>>335442745
was gwyn's soul keeping the flame lit before you killed him and took it away?
>>
i've played every soulsbourne except demon souls and i have no idea whats going on in any of them. is the lore mostly in item descriptions?
>>
>>335443742
Ornstein in 2 was either animated armor, or a fanboy cosplayer
>>
>>335443917
its mostly a lot of npc conversations that you can only get from doing certain things
>>
How come hollowed npcs die permanently but not regular hollows?
>>
What's up with the Usurp the fire ending? Sure, I'm the Hollow Lord now, but is the cycle over?
Can some random schmuck fuck my shit up and take over my Hollow Lord title?
What do they mean by make Londor whole?
What was going on with the sun?
>>
>>335443886
That and the environment. Noticing what kind of gear the corpses have, proximity to things. Its all very complicated. Arin Hanson mentioned something cool, female corpse with a unique twin soul item, bitch was pregnant. Stuff like that.
>>
>>335443980
this was for
>>335443886
>>
Where the fuck have the serpents disappeared to? I want to kill both Fraampt and Kaathe, those manipulating faggots
>>
>>335444105
>What do they mean by make Londor whole?

Knowing Miyazaki, probably a Marker.

>What was going on with the sun?

The moon was awakening, you triggered the Convergence.
>>
I don't want to make an entire thread for this. so here I go.

Is Dark Souls 1 still offline? are the servers still down for everyone?
>>
File: 1327978647564.png (165 KB, 353x348) Image search: [Google]
1327978647564.png
165 KB, 353x348
>dark souls "lore" thread

Since there's no real lore in the game and you pretty much have to make it all up yourself why not just write your own stuff from scratch?
>>
>>335444471
no its back up, but still kinda lousy, but has good mods to make it bearable
>>
>>335443859
It never says that.
>>
>>335444618
>says
>I can't come to conclusions based on environment details
Sure thing
>>
>>335442745

Thank Gwyn Ds2 is practically retconned out of existence outside of a few references.
>>
So why exactly don't you immediately hollow upon death like in the other two games?
>>
>>335444510

Wrong. Dark Souls has tons of lore but no story.

Learn the difference.
>>
File: 1461250283608.jpg (257 KB, 1276x716) Image search: [Google]
1461250283608.jpg
257 KB, 1276x716
>>335444321
At least one of them became gods, probably Frampt. That's why there's a statue of him at the archives. Kaathe is hiding out somewhere, directing Yuria.

>>335443635
Yeah, I'm sure a guy known for hunting and killing dragons would be super into protecting their worship spot.
>>
>>335444747

The only thing I can think that was fully retconned from DS2 was that Drangleic is a future Lordran, because if that was true that would mean they rebuilt over Lordran and then decided to rebuild some shit like Anor Londo for giggles.
>>
>>335444747
Cycles the main idea of 2 is in. Nothing in 2 is retconed
>>
>>335444921

Kingdoms that were long gone in 2 are still around in 3
>>
>>335444069
I second this question.
I was wondering about this earlier today.
>>
>>335444069
They come back when you go to a fire tho
>>
>>335444069
gameplay mechanics aren't part of the lore
>>
>>335443635
>Gods dont hollow, Gwyn only hollowed when his soul was sacraficed
>Nameless King looks hollowed

Coincidentally, the firstborn lost his godhood when he got kicked out.
>>
File: Dark_lord.png (224 KB, 625x333) Image search: [Google]
Dark_lord.png
224 KB, 625x333
Frampt is a primordial serpent, like Kaathe, and all those guys that show up at the end of the Dark Lord ending of DS1

As for what a primordial serpent is, you can make up any bullshit you want. All the serpents seem to be on the side of Dark, considering 8 of them show up in one of the endings.

Maybe the serpents are all extensions of the Abyss, separate heads of the same dark creature. They have no real bodies, and dissolve directly into the void. But being connected means that they know what the others know. Kaathe knows who you are when see him, and Frampt immediately knows that you've switched sides after joining Kaathe.
>>
>>335444903
Only anor londos castle is erect, it could have literally emerged from the ground. Makes sense when u take not that das 3 world is built on mountains
>>
>>335444967

Wasn't there an item that says something about the king from 2 and says it was in a faraway land?
>>
>>335444903
Didn't the oriental fella say Drangleic was in a completely different geographical area to Lordran? Like opposite end of the planet different.
>>
>>335443886
Yes.

>DaS1
>world is cursed with undeath because Lord Gwyn has extended the Age of Fire for too long instead of letting the Dark come in and consume life, letting the world sleep
>after dying enough times and losing the will to fight an undead becomes Hollow, basically insane
>you kill Gwyn and reignite the First Flame with your own body, burning and letting the cycle continue while halting the greater cycle
>DLC has you going into the Abyss which is the Darkness caused by humanity prolonging its existence
>The Abyss is spreading and mutating life

>DaS2
>a large chunk of the world is consumed by the Abyss
>the lesser cycle has kept going, the curse continues
>the player finishes off Vendrick and Queen Nashandra, who was consumed by the Abyss and caused Vendrick to basically fight a war for the Throne of Want
>this has some connection to the First Flame
>the DLCs have you killing old kings and fusing their's and Vendrick's crowns into one, which halts Hollowing upon death when worn
>implied that the PC halts Hollowing

>DaS3
>Bearer apparently succeeded because you don't Hollow on death and many Hollows can retain their sanity
>you're Unkindled, meaning >>335443168
>the First Flame has not been linked for such a long time that it starts to resurrect the old Lords of Cinder in a hope to get them to bring it back
>the lesser cycle of linking the fire has stopped and the greater cycle is basically getting impatient
>the Lords are Hollowed and flee
>the Flame brings back the Unkindled and starts pulling the lands of the Lords physically into it
>you have to go kick the Lords' asses and force them to feed the fire
>the Abyss is spreading and starts eating the sun, everything is fucked
>endings have you link the fire in a weak attempt to sustain it just a short time longer, extinguish it and allow the world to basically die and await rebirth, or take the Flame and Dark into yourself and destroy the greater cycle once and for all
>>
>>335444069
theyre just visitors in your world. When you kill them, they respawn in their own worlds and, understandably, dont wanna fuck with you anymore.
>>
File: 848466.png (500 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
848466.png
500 KB, 640x480
Guys, listen...

Ashen One actually is Ocelotte.

Discuss.
>>
>>335445078

Maybe they are related to this "Deep" in Ds3
>>
so ocerios fucked his wife after turning into a dragon? are there any hints about the whereabouts of ocelote? some people say hes an invisible dragon baby in his arms
>>
>>335444967
Not a retcon. History doesnt remain lost forever, for one. The whole lore in the series is a mess
>>
>>335445078
I always kind of assumed that frampt and kaathe were two heads of the same serpent.
>>
>>335445085
I don't think it emerged, I think everything else sunk. Look at Duke's archives. And Aldritch built all his shit to lead towards Anor Londo.
>>
>>335445085

That's a little far fetched. So you're saying Anor Londo sunk into the ground like a prairie dog and then decided to come back up for some sun a few thousand years later? Retconning dark souls 2 makes more sense, especially when you consider this post: >>335444967
>>
>>335444747
While 1 has more returning characters, 3 is far more influenced by 2 in regards to its concepts. Especially the cycles.

>>335444789
The Dark Souls 2 protag is implied to have had something to do with that.
>>
>>335445220

Yeah but honestly do you think the that Ds2 is anything like what the director of the original and 3 would have wanted?
>>
>>335445135
Is Dark Souls 3 set in the Age of Dark then? Or the very end of the Age of Fire?
>>
What's Kaathe's angle with the shit going on in Londor?

What the fuck is up with those guys?
>>
>>335444967
You have dead people coming back to life from all ages, not shocking to see histories and kingdoms peserved because of this
>>
>>335444069
They stay dead when killed as humans as well, it might be like the way people see ghosts off each other but on a greater scale, that they can speak to each other.

Kinda like how you summon dusk of oolacile but all she does is sell you things like a normal npc merchant.
>>
>>335445293

If anything then 3 is just replacing 2 by telling its story better
>>
>>335444471
been playing recently, definitely still down for me. i haven't seen a single soapstone message
>>
>>335445260
The geograpgy around 3's anor londo is completely different than 1s
>>
>>335444471

I was connecting to nodes yesterday so it seems online again
>>
What if frampt and kaathe are at risk of hollowing as well?
So they send an unlimited army of undead at gods and watch the aftermath, simply because theyre starting to get bored.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
The default "End of Fire" ending of Dark Souls 3 is the only "good" ending in the game.

The "Link the First Flame" ending is simply the status quo.
The alternate "End of Fire" ending has you striking down and expressing cruelty to the Fire Keeper, followed by the narrator reciting lines from the beginning of the game in a tone that's essentially calling you a bastard.
The "Usurpation of Fire" ending is pretty much a copy of the DaS1 "Dark Lord" ending and following the wishes of Kaathe, who's a bad dude regardless of whether or not his rhetoric about the "true form of Man" is to be believed. There's also the matter of the path to this ending being filled with deceit and murder.

The Fire Keeper does freak out upon first being given the Eyes, but all of her dialogue that follows the ritual with the Lords of Cinder presents a calm, understanding demeanor. More importantly, I find that the "End of Fire" ending uniquely gives a sense of hope, not just in the talk of embers, but also in still being able to hear the Fire Keepers soothing call in the amidst the total darkness. This doesn't seem to me like an Age of Dark with darksigns, hollows, decay, and general misery, but rather a return to something more like the Age of Ancients, a calm, quiet time without the conflict of light and dark where something new will eventually be born again.

I hope the DLC will elaborate on the mysterious, "heavenly" Queen of Lothric (who some suspect to be Gwynevere), as I get the feeling that she's a supporter of the "End of Fire", considering her visitation to the Untended Graves and even leaving a ring in your coffin explicitly for you to find.

Amusingly enough, Prima Games, who replaced Future Press and wrote the awful official guide this time around, apparently refers to the "End of Fire" ending as the "true ending".
>>
>>335445260

Time always gets weird when the Cycle is about to end. Kingdoms and people that existed in different times from one another come together, even long-destroyed ones.
>>
>>335445461
You can still see Duke's archives in its normal spot. Just that everything else in front of it sunk.
>>
>>335445351
He, for whatever reason, wants to usher in the Age of Dark.

Some speculate he's doing this because he realizes what Gwyn did was bad news bears. Others say it is because he is manipulating the CU/AO into ending it so his own plans to rule can happen instead.

Which is true is intentionally left unclear.
>>
>>335445170
I really want to see fanart of Oceiros spiking a baby into a ground like a football after scoring a touchdown. Perhaps I need to visit the drawthread...
>>
>>335445135

Perfect
>>
File: woah.jpg (17 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
17 KB, 208x199
>>335445170
>Cry sound is actually Ashen One's memories
>Untended Graves location starts literally where Oceiros room ends
>Ashen One spawns there

What the fuuuuuuuuck
>>
so is it even supposed to be feasibly possible to encounter Kaathe without a guide?
>>
I joined the mound men and killed the guy who invades you out side the white tree

Why does he die in the mound guy covenant area?

If you say cause he's insane xD I'm gonna flip
>>
Is the Untended Graves in another world already consumed by the Abyss?
>>
>>335445351
He's just a friendly angel, dude.
>>
>>335444747

Not even close.
>>
File: 1460799324151.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460799324151.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>335445765

My Ashen one is a woman.
They have all other NPCs refer to your gender when the dialogue calls for it.
Ocelotte is a boy.
Sorry not sorry.
>>
File: 1*4iyeyESv8O8OqZjH-Yl1qA.png (651 KB, 800x379) Image search: [Google]
1*4iyeyESv8O8OqZjH-Yl1qA.png
651 KB, 800x379
>>335442745
im more interested in gywndolin
>>
>>335445316

It doesn't change the fact that he made 3 with DaS II events in mind tho.
>>
>>335445519
Linking the flame is the good ending because you preserve order without harming any innocent besides sacrificing yourself. The most moralfag choices generally aren't the most satisfying, but they are usually the safest.
>>
>>335445135

What exactly is the Throne of Want?

I can't imagine it's the Kiln since the thing didn't erupt into flame but IDK.

The game did sort of imply that Vendrick was trying to find some alternate way to prolong the cycle rather than link it himself. Was the Throne an attempt at an alternate way to do that?
>>
>>335444967
2 is set way far away from 1 and 3
>>
>if you fuck up Anri's questline but let her make it to Irithyll, you find her in the Darkmoon tomb, where someone else has already married her
>this means at least one other person is on the table to be the Lord of Hollows
Who is it, /v/?
>>
>>335445208
>invisible
It's just not there. He's fucking nuts. His wife took the baby.

>>335445194
The Deep is the Abyss, one of the item descriptions mentions that if I remember correctly.

>>335445317
The ass end of the Age of Fire, and you're seeing what it's really like when the Age of Dark happens.

The Age of Fire should have ended countless millennia ago, but the Chosen Undead burned himself and let it continue, as has everyone else who has Linked the Flame. Thus, once the Flame weakens and stops restraining the Abyss, the world becomes extremely fucked extremely quickly. The sun is a Darksign, the Hollows become trees that ascend into the sky, and eventually everything in the world is compacted into one horrific mountain of rubble

>>335445519
The Usurpation of Fire is what Vendrick told the Bearer about; using the Abyss and the Flame together to do what so many have failed to do with just one. You're breaking the cycle so there is no Age of Dark or Age of Fire, meaning the world can be reconstructed and the Darksign, a product of the Age of Fire, eliminated.

The End of Flame merely lets the world sleep for a time before the cycle continues, effectively resetting the entire series.

>>335445884
The UG Shrine Maiden's dialogue implies that it's far in the past. Or the near future.

>>335445351
Londor is something like a kingdom of sane Hollows, what Kaathe always wanted. Or at least says he did.
>>
>>335445519
>considering her visitation to the Untended Graves

wat? And on that subject, what the fuck was up with the Untended Graves? I heard some speculate it's an alternate world where the first flame has died.
>>
>>335445984
Can you use 'him' as to 'child'?
>>
Was Anri really hollow? Why couldn't he/she come back since she still had a goal in mind.
>>
>>335445351
Londor is Drangleic. Hence the obsession with being a "true lord," having a spouse and the two weapons people from Londor using being Dark Drift and the Mannikin claws.
>>
File: 1446833595310.jpg (38 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1446833595310.jpg
38 KB, 540x438
>>335446224
>effectively resetting the entire series

>tfw this is the true ending according to bamco so they can reboot the series without from soft
>>
Where was Drangleic in relation to Lordran, and where is Lothric in relation to both of the former?
Similarly, how is Anor Londo in Lothric; is it the exact same place we went in DaS1?
Is the answer to everything just "Speedforce, I don't gotta explain shit", but with 'time is fucked'?

Are the Carthus Catacombs just the DaS1 Catacombs? Is the Profane Capital church with the hand monster the same building that Ingward is on top of?
Is Irithyl of the Boreal Valley just Eleum Loyce?
Is Irithyl actually THE Boreal Valley, or is the Boreal Valley the collective nam eof a wider group of areas? Is there "the city of [x] of the Boreal Valley' and 'the marketplace of [y] of the Boreal Valley'?
>>
File: crossbreed_zps4a815b23.jpg (50 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
crossbreed_zps4a815b23.jpg
50 KB, 500x281
whats priscilla's backstory?
>>
>>335445067
Does it say that? I musta missed that

>>335444875

>Yeah, I'm sure a guy known for hunting and killing dragons would be super into protecting their worship spot.

You realize Gwyns firstborn was a known dragonslayer too until he defected, right?
>>
>>335445562
Kaathe is a fucking Jew snake that wants eternal darkness no matter the cost. Frampt is a fucking Jew snake that wants eternal light no matter the cost. They're both psychotic retards trying to spite the Dragons at the expense of Man.
DO NOT LISTEN TO JEW SNAKES
END THE CYCLE
>>
So does being a Lord of Cinder mean you have already linked the flame, or that you're powerful enough to link the flame next time it's needed?
>>
File: 1459661605376.jpg (120 KB, 763x813) Image search: [Google]
1459661605376.jpg
120 KB, 763x813
Who is Yorshka? Did someone defile Priscilla?
>>
>>335446525
seath put his scaleless weiner somewhere it didn't belong
>>
Listen if Drangleic and Lordran had two completely different geographies, if Drangleic was meant to be Lordran even with the difference in geography it's safe to assume Lothric was built on Drangleic. It's even in the name Lothric = Drangleic + Lordran. And there's multiple things from Drangleic in Lothric, Human Drang Knights in Anor Londo as a stand out
>>
>>335446525
Gwyn's son, The Nameless King, betrayed his father and sided with the dragons. NK + dragon poon = Priscilla. To protect her from Gwyn, NK sent her to the Painted World.

I think.
>>
>>335446705
yes.
it was probably gwyndolin. and if the thought of that doesn't turn you on something's wrong with your dick
>>
>>335446746
why is she in the world of painting?
will we see more of her? (im still playing DS2)
>>
>>335446680
Well Gwyn was a Lord of Cinder before he linked the flame...so....
>>
>>335443635
eh
there's too many references to Gwyn's son as a God of War, and the Nameless King is referred to as a God of War too. Add that he dresses like Gwyn, and is "Nameless", while Gwyn's son also had his named removed from the annals of history, it's pretty hard to for me to see Gwyn's firstborn as being anything other than the Nameless King
>>
>>335446149
It's worth noting that the structure around the Throne of Want resembles a literal kiln, but I hold the less popular idea that sitting upon it doesn't necessarily link the flame. It has the power to, yes, but you can choose otherwise and go for an Age of Dark. The Emerald Herald's dialogue, even as you're taking the throne, suggests that there's still a choice to be made, so in a sense, this one ending (the only one DaS2 originally had) actually comprises of multiple endings depending on what you WANT to see be the result.

The additional ending that was added later is then a third option to continue seeking Vendrick's alternative rather than choosing between Fire or Dark.
>>
>>335446217
The sorcerer guy is apparently aiming for Lord of Hollows. But that's just what Yuria says and she's not exactly trustworthy.
>>
>>335445316
Doesnt change the fact it exists and that he needs to work off it. M never even evinsoed das2 or a 3
>>
>>335446705
Yorshka is Gwyn's other kid, probably a bastard since she was locked away. I heard some people talking about her existence being the cause of the occult rebellion but I don't know where they get that from
>>
>This spot marks our grave but you may rest here too, if you'd like.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>335446867
No he wasn't. He was the Lord of Sunlight. "Lord of Cinder" was the title he got when he set himself on fire.
>>
>>335446867
He was the Lord of Sunlight before he linked the flame. He was Lord of Cinder after.
>>
>>335446823
because she's a freak of nature and has weird anti-god powers and was locked away along with other things the gods wished didn't exist like the god destroying occult ember and bonewheel skeletons
>>
>>335446867
fucl off, he was a lord of sunlight
>>
>>335446883
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>335446783
Also Creighton and Alva in Anor Londo. The lore is strange
>>
>>335446934
Lothric is a savage qt.
>>
>>335446934
he's inviting you to a threesome after you respawn, if you change your mind about the lordseeking thing
>>
>>335446005
gwyndolin is ultimate QT
>>
>>335446525
Daughter of Seath and someone. Locked away because they didnt want 1/4 dragons taking over the world
>>
Yorksha is calling Gwyn father as an honorific. Like a priest. Jesus Christ don't be so goddamn literal.
>>
>>335446127
Linking is probably the worst ending because prolonging the Age of Fire will just make the inevitable fall worse, and Linking doesn't do anything to the Abyss besides slow it down. The world is utterly fucked and the sun is still dying.

>>335446149
The Throne is implied to be a method of translating desire into reality. In that big wall of text I was going to include it but I hit character limit. Vendrick really just didn't give a shit about anything and Nashandra wanted the Throne to finally bring the Abyss forth to consume everything. The Bearer, who is shown to have lost his family to the curse in the opening, has more personal reason than any to try and stop the Hollowing. That's why he can claim the Throne.

>>335446467
Drangleic was far away from Lordran. Lothric is where the universe basically is being pulled together by the First Flame's sentience. Anor Londo is not naturally anywhere near Irithyll, which is not anywhere near Profaned, etc. Profaned was Yhorm's kingdom, Anor Londo was where Aldrich fled and devoured Gwyndolin, and so on. There was no Lord in Drangleic so that's why you don't see Drangleic shoved up everywhere.

>>335446680
The former. In this emergency, the cinders of the Lords can be used to force an Unkindled into the Kiln, the last possible shot at stopping the Abyss from consuming all.

>>335446783
Drangleic was nowhere near Lordran. It's entirely possible that Lordran became Londor, but we don't have enough information to make that leap.

>>335446867
Gwyn was the Lord of Sunlight. He became the first Lord of Cinder as he burned in the Flame. Thus, when he's dying and insane at the end of DaS, that's his boss title.

>>335446967
I feel like the gear and characters from 2 being present are just the Flame's collateral damage.
>>
Why is soul of cinder protecting the kiln? Is it to power up the mc by adding more fuel?
>>
>>335447085
not even that, she's literally reciting gwyndolin's darkmoon oath word for word.
>>
>>335445519
the end of fire ending isn't actually the end of the fire. It's the Age of Dark, which, like the Age of Fire, is only temporary. Even if you choose the End of Fire ending, sooner or later the fire will reborn and the cycle will continue.

The Usurpation of the Fire is the newest ending. Which is interesting, because while Kaathe is gunning for this ending, it's actually different from what he was plotting back in DS1. Maybe he learned something in the in between
>>
>>335442745
>Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge.

So anything from the past kingdoms can just show up? Explains Irithyll and the profaned capital.
>>
>>335446797
how many children does Gwyn have?

>>335447045
but why is she happy to be locked away? she even told you to go away because the place is peaceful

>>335447026
i want gwyndolin to be by my side
>>
>>335446525
She has some power that is scary to the gods. The Painted World also has the occult ember which lets you make godkilling weapons so I imagine it's where things the gods don't want to deal with gets put away.
>>
>>335446705
yorshka is ocelotte, the son the consumed king oceiros. come on, it's not that shocking, yorshka was raised by gwyndolin after all
>>
>>335447149
>Maybe he learned something in the in between
He probably learned that bringing upon the Age of Dark and letting the fire fade isn't enough to stop Gwyn's wild ride.
>>
who the bloody fuck is rosaria?
>>
>>335446372
There are a few items that talk about the Queen of Lothric and her involvement with the Untended Graves, particularly Divine Blessing (notably also a DaS item associated with Gwynevere), Hidden Blessing, and the Ashen Estus Ring.
>>
>>335446942
>bonewheel skeletons
why do they even exist?
>>
>>335447187
>but why is she happy to be locked away?
she felt she had no place in the real world
>>335447334
sometimes nito feels like being a dick
>>
>>335447303
some say she is gwynevere
>>
>>335446224
U hear the baby's cries tho
>>
File: 20160417133726_1.jpg (92 KB, 1316x182) Image search: [Google]
20160417133726_1.jpg
92 KB, 1316x182
>>335447085
>>
I'm gay
>>
>>335447127
The Soul is the concentrated power of all the Lords that the Unkindled must defeat. Since there's nobody manning the Flame directly, the Flame manifests its own guardian.

It's possible that it's a test to make sure nobody too weak can hold the Flame. Or that the Flame is resisting being touched by an Unkindled, who are literally the lowest of the low in the "hierarchy" of the Fire.

>>335447290
Or that a world populated by mindless monstrosities is pretty fucking lonely.
>>
>>335447187
>how many children does Gwyn have?
his unnamed first son (imo the Nameless King; others think it's Solaire), Gwynevere, Gwyndolin and then depending on your interpretation of the word 'brother', Yorshka.

So either three, four, or five.
>>
Was that Gilligan's corpse in the Profaned Capital bonfire or just an innocuously uniquely modeled corpse used for scenery?
>>
File: 1406955228441.gif (3 MB, 412x304) Image search: [Google]
1406955228441.gif
3 MB, 412x304
>>335446005
>"Gwyndolin is said to behave like a sullen, brooding goddess"
>>
>>335447476
There's a reason there are ladders everywhere.

>>335447396
A manifestation of Oceiros's own insanity. That or you're hearing the battle from his ears.
>>
>>335447476
I think it's more purposefully Gilligan, considering he's surrounded by several ladders in that broken tower...
>>
>>335447476

It was Gilligan's Isle
>>
>>335447434
he probably adopted her as a sister because she's a freak just like him
>>
>>335447476
The ladders make it clear it is Gilligan. He was there to steal all the gold laying around him. e either fell to his death, or just died like so many in the Soulsverse do.
>>
>>335447285

>yorshka = ocelotte

Yorshka is female and Ocelotte is male.
>>
>>335447476

He built so many auld ladders that he died of exhaustion.
>>
>>335447149
>Maybe he learned something in the in between
This is one of the most interesting things about DaS3 to me. I legitimately cannot tell if Kaathe is trustworthy at this point, I don't know what the fuck he wants.
>>
>>335447290
so he learned the same shit Aldia did. Interesting, especially since Aldia may have been the one to talk Lothric into not linking the fire.

>>335446956
yeah I did, I don't buy that the NK was Ornstein in disguise. In this case, I feel the simplest answer is probably the most correct, which is NK=Gwyn's Firstborn
>>
>>335446525
Seath fucked Gwynevere, and Gwyn was so ashamed of the abomination that they threw her in the trash (AKA the painted world)
>>
What the fuck is up with archdrake peak? Why are there so many dragon people corpses everywhere? Why does ringing the bell summon the storm king?
>>
>>335447303

My newest waifu.
>>
>>335447572
try reading the post
>>
>>335447187
1. disinherited first born son (former war god) with unknown name
2. Gwynevere, qt princess of sunlight
3. Dark Sun Gwyndolin, born as a guy with snake legs and moon light magic powers. Got raised as a daughter because reasons.
>>
>>335447395
She is channeling that mad titty game, I'll give her that.
>>
>>335447572
Wouldn't be the first trap in the series.
>>
>>335447623
They aren't corpses, they bleed if you hit them. They're meditating.

>Why does ringing the bell summon the storm king?
Because the Path of the Dragon is 1v1 me fgt the covenant. Ringing the bell is how you challenge the champ.
>>
>>335445984
just means you used something like the coffin in DS2,

boyo
>>
>>335447570
Nah, Gwyn knocked up Priscilla.

Which means you killed a pregnant woman for no reason in DS1.
>>
What was the First Sin?

Did Aldia succeed?
>>
File: 20160422061510_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160422061510_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
What the fuck was his problem?

Also, what the fuck is wrong with his face?
>>
Why does everyone think that the status quo is bad when everyone had great lives under gwyn and after each linking
>>
File: 016.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>335447541
>gywndolin's voice
>>
>>335445170
That's actually...
Oh shit...
>>
What the fuck happened to Izalith? Did the Old Demon King and what appear to be his progeny fucking murder all the other demon inhabitants? What the fuck were the giants doing down there with a siege engine? Was that the Pontiff's doing?
>>
>>335447791

He wanted to join the Dragon covenant but his dad wouldn't let him.

And as for his face, he went hollow.
>>
Drangleic Lordran and Lothric are all around the same area or are either different places
>>
>>335447303
One of Gwynevere's handmaidens, who is also a distant cousin of hers.
>>
>>335445519
>The "Usurpation of Fire" ending is pretty much a copy of the DaS1 "Dark Lord" ending and following the wishes of Kaathe

I agree with most of your shit but not this one. It's very obviosuly not the same, as the Dark Lord in DS1 has you not interacting with the flame at all. Here, your status as an Unkindled allows you to combine both and make londor great again
>>
>>335447857
>Gods
>Go Hollow

I bet you think Gwyn was hollow too.
>>
>>335447791
He's old as all fuck.
>>
>>335447784
Gwyn is dead don't talk about my waifu like that.
>>
>>335447541
would you polish gwyndolin's knob while xe quietly protested?
>>
>>335447801
They're Chaosfags.

>muh world of strength
>>
>>335447843

The Chaos Flame was flawed and the Demons were doomed to go extinct eventually. All the demon items refers to them as a dying race, and no one is in a hurry to save them.
>>
>>335447801
Because the status quo isn't maintained. Taking souls from other beings in Lossy. Compare linking the fire ending in 1 and 3.

DaS1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPXMR1DioZU

DaS3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_XhXDaCEpc

The fire is burning out even though it's being linked.
>>
>>335447801

>Why do people think getting invited to a serial killer's house is bad? You have a great meal, maybe some steak and it's pretty good. He might fucking murder you in horrible ways right at the end, but the beginning and middle were good!
>>
i still dont understand why solaire want to kill you in DS1, did he go hollow?
>>
>>335447954
Are the Ghru goat headed guys demons or abyssal creatures?
>>
>>335448012
>food analogy
>>
>>335447801

It's not sustainable.

The End of Fire at least has the possibility of another Gwyn coming along and making the world anew.
>>
>>335447786
The First Sin was the genocide on the dragons, more specifically Seeth's betrayal of his own, who was a scientist; like Aldia.
>>
File: praisethedaughters.png (4 KB, 512x165) Image search: [Google]
praisethedaughters.png
4 KB, 512x165
Yes or no?

Is Solaire anything in this family?
Is the Nameless King the first born references in the first game?
Who is Gwyn's wife; was there a wife at all?
>>
>>335447771
>you wake up in a coffin
Deepest lore.

>>335447786
"First Sin" could refer to the Chosen Undead's first Linking of the Flame, pulling out an unnatural Age of Fire longer than it should exist.

>>335447801
Linking doesn't cause the Darksign to vanish or the Abyss to recede. It keeps the Abyss from taking the entire world extremely quickly, but that's all it does.

>>335447951
>muh world of strength
That's what we have now though. Everyone knows they're dying, so they fight to make the best over everyone else. Look at the fucking Pontiff, or for a less horrific example, Patches. With a true Lord of Hollows and an end to the cycle, the world can finally have a real, permanent society.
>>
>>335448059
Demons.
>>
>>335447786
>>335448114

I thought the first sin was linking the first flame to humanity.
>>
File: 124566757876.jpg (236 KB, 670x900) Image search: [Google]
124566757876.jpg
236 KB, 670x900
>raised as a girl, probably against your will, because ''dude the moon lmao''
>overshadowed by your siblings
>forced to remain in a abandoned city and guard your father's empty coffin while all of the other gods leave, watching an once great kingdom fade into obscurity
>meet your end by being slowly eaten by a lovecraftian horror to allow your literally who sister to escape

Being Gwyndolin is suffering.
>>
didn't we kill the mario bros. in DS1? why then is ornstein's armor in archdrake peak? smough's armor also implies he tried to defend the castle against aldrich, so he somehow survived the encounter in DS1?
>>
>>335448159
No
Probably
Doesn't matter
>>
>>335448163

Go to bed Kaathe.
>>
>>335448159
Nameless King is the firstborn, yes.
>>
>>335447791
>What the fuck was his problem?
It's his mountain and you fucked with his dragon bros. He was a dragon killer for his dad Gwyn until he switched sides and became bros with the dragons. Dad didn't like it and disinherited him.

>Also, what the fuck is wrong with his face?
He's just some undead dude wearing a scarf because it's windy up there.
>>
What was the lie that Aldia mentioned in 2? His ramblings seemed pretty cryptic.
>>
>>335448159
>Yes or no
Possibly, there's some stuff pointing towards Lothric's queen being Gwynevere
>Is Solaire anything in this family?
No
>Is the Nameless King the first born references in the first game?
Armor set
>Who is Gwyn's wife; was there a wife at all?
The bloody atmosphere
>>
>>335448214
>linking the first flame to humanity
What is this meme?
>>
>>335448159
Seath is not gwyn's son then?
>>
>>335447954
Still, it looks like they were invaded and murdered. Old Demon King has piles of corpses that still bleed when you cut them. What's that all about?
>>
>>335448159
No.

Solaire is nothing in this family.

Yorshka is Priscilla's kid, sickly and sequestered away from the world. She speaks of Gwyn as her father, and Gwyndolin and Gwynevere as her older siblings.
>>
>>335448054
After he had the sunlight maggot on his face? He was falling into despair pretty much the whole second half of the game, then he thinks he found his "sun" and is driven mad.
>>
>>335448264
That the Fire can be kindled and will stay around. It's going to go out regardless, every time it's linked it gets weaker. Aldia was trying to find a third way, for Humanity to continue without the fire.
>>
>>335448221

Smough's armor doesn't mention when exactly he died, saying he defended against Aldrich is only speculation.
>>
Didn't we kill Gwyndolin in DaS1? What was left of her to devour?
>>
>>335448221

Read the thread. In Ornstein's armor description it states that he went to find his master, the Nameless King. The one you fight in 1 is likely an illusion like Gwynevere was.
>>
Can we all agree putting Ornstein's armor in 3 caused more trouble than it's worth?
>>
>>335442745
Is it all the same world in a different cycle? Lordran fades, turns into Drangleic, fades (or lights up and THEN fades), turns into Lothric. Is that true? Can it be understood like that? Should I get into the lore more? Or will I lose nothing?
>>
>>335448221
The ones you fought in DaS weren't real, they were illusions.
>>
>>335448298
Why would Seath be Gwyn's son..? Is that a theory anywhere? Legit curious.
>>
>>335448360
Optional bosses are considered alive in canon. Gwyndolin was optional.
>>
I just dont get why from was so obsessed from changing the abyss from being something good in DS1 to basically turning into the absolute world ender in ds3
>>
>>335448214
It can't be though, humanity has always been linked to the first flame. Humanity is the Dark Soul, and the Dark Soul is another Lord Soul. While it's the antithesis of the other Lord Souls, it's still a product of Fire. It's why the Age of Dark, the Age of Humanity, is still part of the cycle, and will eventually see the Age of Fire reborn (just as the Age of Fire will eventually fade into the Age of Dark).
>>
>>335448364

I just wanna know how the fuck Havel's armor keeps getting around.
>>
>>335448360
Technically he was optional, so the "canon" story may be that the Chosen Undead never killed him.
>>
File: 20160425020525_1.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160425020525_1.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>335448304

Prince Lorian fought a war against the demons, though all the carnage could be from that or even further back. I think the gru are just squatters and tangentially related to the demons in some way.

All the 'real' demons are in poor shape in the game.
>>
>>335448430
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>335448403
It's all the same world, but Lothric is weird because time and space converges on it. The lands of the Lords of Cinder are transcendental, and the High Wall of Lothric literally just appeared at some point.
>>
>>335448454
>Dark Souls 1 abyss
>Good

u wot?
>>
>>335448328
Gwyn is dead retard. She speaks of Gwyn as her father because her Uncle Adopted her niece as his sister because sister complex.
>>
>>335448159
Firstborn is Nameless.

Solaire was never anything more than a man.

Gwyn's Wife is a totally unknown character who may or may not have actually existed.

>>335448221
At most you killed Smough if you believe the CU broke the illusion but didn't kill Gwyndolin. You definitely did not kill Ornstein.

>>335448304
>corpses that bleed
Don't they all have this? Isn't it just some kind of weird bug with the models? I doubt there's lore here.

>>335448338
>Aldia wants to find out how humanity can continue without the fire
>the Bearer gets the Crown
>they manage to stop the Hollowing's insanity and make it manual
>Drangleic as a kingdom is fallen
>the groundwork is laid for a Hollow King
Wait, does this mean that Londor could be the kingdom the Bearer created over Drangleic's ruins?

>>335448403
They are all completely separate locations.

>>335448454
>he didn't play the DLC
>>
File: 1444155316829.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444155316829.png
98 KB, 400x400
>>335448417
>they were only illusions
>they still pushed my shit in

Ornstein's fate is really ambiguous though. He seems to have a different ending in each of the three games.

>gets killed by the Chosen/Smough
>that was only an illusion, he survives, ventures off to find Gwynavere and gets fucked up by the abyss somehow, then gets finally killed by the Bearer of the Curse
>that didn't happen, he actually went off to find the Nameless King and somehow died off-camera

Which one?
>>
>>335447921
Okay, it's not the exact same, but the main point is that you're doing what Kaathe presumably wants, and I don't think that's ever a good idea unless you're into being ambiguously evil, too.
>>
>>335448495

People keep finding it and want to prolong the legend.

It's 2tuff to be destroyed and it won't rust.
>>
>>335448454
>something good in DS1

It was never good. It was ambiguous in 1 because both serpents were lying to you, but look at all the evil shit it did to Oolacile, and then Manus and the queens from 2 obviously weren't cuddly fluffy bunnies just looking to spread fucking sunshine and rainbows.
>>
>>335448495
I wanna know who the fuck put Havels armor in the Swamp after I left.
>>
>>335448542
I don't understand.
>>
>>335448495
Given that there was a slight chance the Havel in 1 wasn't the Rock, I think the one hanging over a dragon corpse in 3 can be assumed to be the true Dwayne.
>>
>>335448529
The descriptions of gru weapons say they are "descendants of the acolytes of Farron Keep"
>>
So how did you get ornsteins soul in DS1
>>
>>335448495
Havel has followers, by the description of Havel's Ring. It's implied Havel, despite fighting against the dragons at one point, both admires and emulates them.
>>
>>335447786
The first sin seems to be Gwyn linking the first flame, and doing so by linking it to humanity. Aldia managed to rip himself from the cycle, which is implied when you fight him in DS2. He doesn't drop any souls or his own soul, and he continues speaking with you after he "dies".

>>335447801
>great lives under gwyn

To quote Aldia: "Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity. And men assumed a fleeting form. These are the roots of our world. Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite... A lie will remain a lie."

Dark is the true form of humans. Remember those humanities chilling in the Chasm of the Abyss? Or even those humanity like things in Irithyll? The flame forced these humanities to assume a fleeting form, hence it fucked with the very nature of humans. Now flame isn't all bad. It's warmth, ambition, love, but dark is peace and unity. It's all very buddhist, which is not unreasonable for a japanese game.
>>
>>335448216
i want to comfort gwyndolin
>>
>>335448587
>Wait, does this mean that Londor could be the kingdom the Bearer created over Drangleic's ruins?

No. The Bearer of the Curse is just that. After uniting the four crowns and becoming the true Monarch, he bears the Curse of all the undead so they don't go hollow anymore. Him ruling a kingdom of Hollows makes no sense when people have to go out of their way to create an artificial Darksign to go hollow.
>>
>>335448610
Wait, Havel's armor is in the swamp? Fuck I've trudged all over that place several times while looking for the pyromancer merchant, but I never found that armor.
>>
>>335446705
I think it's the other way around, she's probably Priscilla's mother.
>>
File: psh.png (104 KB, 482x916) Image search: [Google]
psh.png
104 KB, 482x916
>>335448417
>>335448359
>>335448361
>>335448587

Well that sure takes away a lot of the meaning from the fight, all for the sake of appealing for MUH NOSTALGIA.
>>
>>335448631
He surely wasnt. He dropped havels ring, which is only for his followers(, since he had ultra giga nigger strength, i guess.)
>>
>>335448586
Yes, Gwyn is dead. Priscilla could have been pregnant before we killed Gwyn, even before he went and linked the flame the first time.
>>
File: 1459683009262.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1459683009262.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Are sorcerers good for pvp? Any tips on making a good build?
>>
>>335448631
Or that could just be the Summon of a dead necromancer, possibly flattened by the wyvren.

It makes me think that because you find Havels armor far off in Farron keep, not on the body of the Havel you just killed
>>
>>335448587
Ok, I get the separate locations, but what about all the same bosses?

Wolf - Wolf - dunno what
Hammer/Spear duo

Etc. They basically recycle the same bosses, that's why I had a hindu reincarnation thought.

>>335448545
OK, thanks.
>>
>>335448730

Kill the Havel undead in the Archdragon Peak, then go to the wolf bonfire in Farron Keep and take the elevator up. It's right where the Stray Demon was if you already killed it.
>>
>>335447765
There's a message on the ground that clearly state that to walk the path of the dragon, you have to not ring the bell, if I remember right
>>
>>335448653
Maybe he left it behind in Anor Londo.
Maybe it was just a big soul used as the core for Gwyndolyns illusion.
>>
>>335448495
Even Havel in 1 was just one of his saints.
>>
>>335448606
>talking shit about Alsanna

Fuck you?
>>
>>335448673
Fuck that, only an idiot would rather be mindless goo than a human.
>Muh true form
Fuck that shit
>>
>>335448730
After you kill Havel in Arxhdragon peak, its where you fought the Stray demon
>>
>>335448730
It's not. It's in the same place you find the Stray Demon on the broken bridge. It's there after you kill Havel in Archdragon Peak.
>>
>>335448752
Yeah you're right. I'm dumb.
>Jesus Christ at the amount of dragons they dentisted the fuck out of.
>>
>>335448787

Good old Jimmy.
>>
>>335448589
Pretty sure he's an illusion in 1, in 2 heide is founded by gwynevere and the blue man group put a guy in ornstein armor. People were theorizing both of those things long before 3 even released.

I really doubt dks2 ornstein is the real deal. He's shit tier.
>>
>>335448787
I've had good results using the greatsword and flashsword spells, nothing else works out for me though.
>>
What was up with Archdragon Peak? Why were there apparitions of Havel and Ricard, as well as that other guy I didn't recognize?
>>
>>335448907
Kek
>>
>>335448787
No they aren't. Magic in general is shit for PVP.
>>
>>335448264
>What was the lie that Aldia mentioned in 2?
Mankind's transitory nature, and the fact that they're originally hollows. He questions both Linking of the Fire, but also not linking it in his dialogue.

Undead Crypt:
>Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity. And men assumed a fleeting form. These are the roots of our world. Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite… A lie will remain a lie. Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?
>*player can answer Yes or No*

Dragon Shrine:
>Peace grants men the illusion of life. Shackled by falsehoods, they yearn for love, unaware of its grand illusion. Until, the curse touches their flesh. We are bound by this yoke. As true as the Dark that churns within men. All men trust fully the illusion of life. But is this so wrong? A construction, a facade, and yet… A world full of warmth and resplendence. Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?
>*player can answer Yes or No*
>>
>>335447927

If gwyn wasnt hollow why does he attack you without even speaking to you first?
>>
>>335448982
They all went to find Gwyn's firstborn or follow the path of the dragon.
>>
>>335448875
I think it's more Nirvana, understanding and unity with the whole world than being a mindless goo. This whole situation reminds me of Arcanum, and it's final boss. If you ever want to play that game then skip the video, if not check this explanation out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZi217RUUY
>>
What's the lore behind being able to carry all those items in your inventory without being encumbered?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.