[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Likes? Dislikes? Hopes for the DLC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
Likes? Dislikes? Hopes for the DLC?
>>
Bonefist and sunlight blade
>>
>>335396751
DLC hopes? Velka's rapier
>>
I'd really love to travel back in time and run some of the old areas of DaS1 and 2 but revamped, fighting the same bosses but with new moves to make it a true homeage, so DLC 1 would be Demons, DLC 2 Dark souls1, DLC 3 DAS2 and final DLC a new area and bosses
>>
>>335396751
EVERY ARMOR FROM EVERY SOULS GAME.

GIVE ME THE FUCKING MANAKIN MASK
>>
File: Dark-Souls-2-1.jpg (247 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-2-1.jpg
247 KB, 630x420
>>335398770
Give me the goddamn original Manakin Mask.
>>
>>335396751
List of OP weapons in skilled hands
>Smough's
>Estoc
>Wishy washy
>Pickaxe
>Caestus

List of "typed DAKR SOUL 3 BEST WEPON" into youtube search"
>Butcher knife
>Lighting spear
>Uchi
>Longsword
>Dork sword
>>
>>335396751
>Likes?

pretty much everything

>Dislikes?

there's fuck all dialogue, maybe my recent demon's souls playthrough spoiled me I dunno but the firekeeper is too fucking repetitive, she is either going all "dude you are a vessel lmao!" or "dude did the little nigger tell you something lmao?" or "dude if you change your mind about ending the fire kill me lmao!", there's fucking nothing else for what is arguably the most important NPC in the game, god damn it.

>Hopes for the DLC?

LET ME GO TO LONDOR AND THE SUNLESS REALMS PLEASE
>>
File: 9c4.png (276 KB, 677x960) Image search: [Google]
9c4.png
276 KB, 677x960
>>335398770
>yfw they give us back best mask
>>
>>335399316
The legend is dead.
Deal with it.
>>
>>335396751
It seems a little short and the area density wanes a bit towards the end. I'm not sure if it's just because I powered through the game, but I beat it at 40 hours, which is 20 -30 less than both 1 & 2. Sure, I missed some stuff, but the overall selection of areas seems much smaller this time around.
>>
im literally invincible in pvp. i want to die. please somebody kill me.
>>
Combat fun but game felt to short.

I would like to see more interesting locations in the DLC and some bosses that are not scrubs.
>>
>>335399073
>estoc
>skilled hands
R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 is really skillful.
>>
File: DSII-DLC3-15-Energy_Blast.jpg (668 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSII-DLC3-15-Energy_Blast.jpg
668 KB, 1920x1080
I want a fun fists weapon again.
>>
>Hopes for dlc?

I hope they expand the frost magic/weapons because it is such a useless stats in the game it might as well not even exist.
>>
Bosses are all great.
The lore that's there seems solid enough.

Dislikes:
My biggest one is that they completely fucked up the balancing of the different builds, I don't think balance has been this shit since the invisible ninjaflipping lightning haveldads of unpatched dark souls 1 yore. Quality builds are pretty much by far the best, pure dex has some options and everything else sucks complete dick. For example, my favourite build in dark souls 1 and 2 was using a heavy ultra greatsword and stacking a lot of poise so I could just ignore small attacks and smack the shit out of people. Here they nerfed poise to the ground while at the same time buffing the shit out of the damage output of faster weapon classes like straight swords, so why the fuck would you even bother with a greatsword let alone an ultra greatsword?

Don't even get me started about casters, I get that casters were easy mode in DS 1 and 2 so they probably wanted to tone it down a bit but now you hit like a wet noodle till you invest a ridiculous amount of stats in being a caster, and even then your damage output is shit compared to a quality build. Plus you can forgot about PvP, unless your opponent is retarded you're not going to be hitting anything with your slow-ass cast speed, huge stamina cost on spells and non-existant poise while casting. The only sorceries I've had some succes hitting people with is farron flashsword and rarely soul greatsword, but at that point why not use a real sword and actually do damage at no mana cost? Plus if you want to cast you have to sacrifice valuable estus charges too, because fuck casters I guess.

Other than that there was a bit too much dark souls 1 referring in the lore too, people gave DS2 shit for having to many DS1 references but here it's just retarded, I'm pretty sure 75% of the lore in this game boils down to "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS COOL DARK SOULS THING???"

Covenants are shit too.
>>
Too linear
Too easy
Not enough interesting loot. items, weapons etc.
I mean yyou find all these key ash items to give to a vendor and it ends up being absolutely nothing.
A lot of it feels pointless, I dont even feel the need to use any of the items the game gives you. I just need a sword and that's about it.
And new game + is pretty much nonexistant besides + rings, I'm not noticing a difference, enemies don't even seem harder
>>
>>335400697
M8, you don't understand, some newbie spamming r1 on that will just be parry bait or hyper armor bait; into someone skilled hands, he will be a god.
>>
>>335396751
>Hopes for the DLC?

LONDOR
O
N
D
O
R

or at least something related to the primordial serpents, but londor is the perfect backdrop to it
>>
>>335396751

I hope it shuts up blood borne posters. They have to include old hunters dlc to even consider comparing to vanilla DS3.
>>
>>335399073
>Butcher knife
Butcher Knife is awful. An objectively inferior version of the claymore.
>>
I don't like that I have to go back to FLS to level up, ds1 had the best system. I don't like how shit dex scaling is on dex weapons. I don't like that invaders can heal and that 90% of all invasions are 3v1.
I like the gameplay, the covenants, the bosses, most of the areas and most of the characters.
I hope we get to know more about carim or Thoroland in the DLC. And I hope we get domhall's set.
>>
Give me some damn Alonne Knight armor! It's arguably the best designed enemy NPC armor set in all of Dark Souls.
>>
>>335396751
most of the bosses are shit, literally spam you with combos until you run out of juice or fuck up
also no time in between hits to drink your estus.
TLDR its fucking bullshit stupid hard
>>
>>335396751
i want them to include all the armor from the previous soul games, all of them.

I want the previous boss armors, the previous helmets and armor just done in HD so i can finally fashion souls.

also i like pickle pee, enough to have to make this video cause im surprised no one else has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo7J1v0zlio&feature=youtu.be
>>
The PvE was great, the ending sucked dicks but I can live with that.

However, I'm just not having any fun with the PvP. It's all estoc and katana running r1 shitters. It's just not fun dealing with these in 80% of my pvp matches.
>>
>>335401094
There's some references to the Primordial Serpents in Lothric castle.
>>
>>335401537
I have had an easier time using my club on bosses than my normal slow strength weapon because almost all of the bosses are much faster now. The game seems to favor fast weapons in general because of how poise and staggering works
>>
>>335396751
Poise is completely nonexistant.
>>
File: VR Dance Dance revolution.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
VR Dance Dance revolution.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>335396751

>almost every chest is a mimic
>almost every encounter is a cheap ambush
>almost every enemy is hyper aggressive and betrays the foundation of slow and methodical combat of traditional Souls. Instead they look like they were on their way to Yharnam and got lost, while the MC is your typical slow ass souls guy
>a lot of enemies simply do not stop attacking and have purposefully delayed attacks just because so you have to wait until they are done with their 58 hits combo to attack them once
>almost every lizard leads into a cheap ambush
>the same old shitty 500 variations of soul arrow we've been using for 4 games already
>didn't even bother updating their shitastic tracking and casting speed to match the new scenario. Instead, they just did the laziest ctrl+c ctrl+v hackjob ever
>faith is at its absolute lowest
>literally one viable build (quality) and a bugged one abusing greatshield invincibility while two handed
>rapiers and shortswords are a magnitude of order above everything and over half of the population is using either an estoc or a dark sword
>textures look like fucking ass even on PC when compared to bloodborne
>phantoms look like a cartoon tier eyesore after they've nailed them so well in bloodborne
>every invasion is a ganksquad while the host is ridiculously ahead of the invader
>useless covenants galore
>fanservice out the ass
>least amount of originality of any of the games sans dark souls 2
>almost every weapon comes straight out of one of the other games
>weapon arts feel like a cheap knock off version of trick weapons and are mostly useless or gimmicky at the very best
>bosses are complete pushovers you can kill in seconds by just spamming r1 with little strategy for over half of the game
>the levels, the enemies and mostly everything just comes from another game, specially bloodborne. As a result, the game doesn't have an identity of its own. It's just a best hits rehash galore for the sake of pandering

Game feels cheap as fuck.
>>
>>335400918
I agree with everything you said except swords being the end all of builds. If you know how to play the game, you can abuse the fuck out of hyper armor and punish r1 smashers by outrading hits and mind games, and if you get a parry any moment, you will be one shotting them with hornet ring.

You can't just go in there, smashing r1 with an ugs and expect the same result than a longsword dood. And if you are very VERY delusional to think that current situation is as worse than das 1 and das 2 unpatched. Nothing will be worse than dark magic one shotting you or having absolutely no way of dealing with someone that will take 80% of your hp, whenever you do anything
>>
>>335401960
Also,
>poise is useless
>game is a stunlock galore that is built in such a way to make slow weapons feel like fucking shit, specially since everything comes straight from Yharnam
>>
>>335399073
>Any katana
>Requiring skill to be OP
Katanas have always been easy mode.
>>
>>335401960
I agree with almost all of those criticisms.

And yet I still had fun with it.
>>
>>335401763
just roll like a madman to punish the estoc and katana fags

git gud or the community wont evolve, every souls game started with bullshit then the community evolved and people got good
>>
>>335401763
> the ending sucked dicks

There are three endings.
>>
>>335399115
That's my one big complaint about the game, most of the NPCs are boring as fuck and have no dialogue.
>>
>>335401903
also fuck shields too, you can take maybe 3 hits from anyone before your guard is broken
>>
File: 1438272529266.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1438272529266.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>335401960
>so many cheap ambushes
>still falling for them

>not using halberds/spears to zone dork swords and estocs

>claiming quality is the only viable build when high int builds one shot people and decimate bosses quite easily

>r1 spam meme

>muh "its just bloodborne" for the hundredth time
>>
>>335399316
I don't think those masks are ever going to make a return because they're literal memes. Shame, because I actually liked their designs.
>>
>>335402153
Well of course. I'm only holding it up against other games of the series.

To me Soulsborne games are an order of magnitude ahead of anything this industry has to offer as of now, so even at their lowest they are still the best there is to play for me out there.

>>335402426
>int builds
>killing or even hitting literally anyone

You are fucking retarded if you are getting hit by spells. Magic is at its all time lowest.

>m-muh b-b-b-bait

Loser fanboy.
>>
File: 1458026143135.png (661 KB, 785x588) Image search: [Google]
1458026143135.png
661 KB, 785x588
>>335402612
>so shit at the game he cant land spells

cant make this up
>>
>>335402186
> rolling against katana r1 phantom range
No I figured out how to counter those fags, and it's blocking and having a light weapon to strike back.
>>
>most of the bosses are big guys in armor
>the few bosses who aren't are gimmicks that you down on first try.
>>
>>335402426
What do i need to do to make magic viable? My soulstream is doing 600 damage and consuming all my mana, I seen people one shotting others with that magic. I have both sorcery damage rings and 50 inti
>>
>>335402779
Post your paypal and go into a fight club and kill literally anyone using nothing but sorcery.

I'll pay you 500 dollars.

Alternatively cry more, fanboy.
>>
>>335402262
I had the "secret" ending and looked up the others on youtube. They all suck.
>>
>>335401960
>almost every enemy is hyper aggressive and betrays the foundation of slow and methodical combat of traditional Souls. Instead they look like they were on their way to Yharnam and got lost, while the MC is your typical slow ass souls guy

This is the one point that I really agree with. Since this was the third installment I get this feeling that they felt like they had to crank everything to 11. The best and most gratifying moments in DS3 where when you were up against a humanoid enemy that felt like a PVP match.
>>
>>335398618
jesus christ literally kill yourself
>>
>>335402959
You don't. You buff your weapon with crystal magic weapon and that's as far as the usefulness of magic goes in this game.

Or do you the smart thing and reroll for quality, the only viable build.
>>
>>335402947
>most of the bosses are big guys in armor
>MFW anon doesn't realize that the point of this is to portray that the greatest enemy in the Souls universe is man itself
>>
>>335402186
you mean they patched most of the bullshit out
>>
>>335403093
Teach by example
>>
I need dark souls 4 to take several years. I just started 2 because I waited to upgrade my toaster. So I've never played a souls game in its prime. PvP and even coop are pretty dead before I get there. I've only ever been invaded a few times not counting the forest covenant.
>>
>>335403209
That's pretty deep man, the game should have ended with your character reading some Sartes.
>>
>>335403341
>Dark Souls 4
No thank you, unless they make major changes to it and spend more than 2 years on it
>>
>>335403447
>several years
>>
>>335400949
>I mean yyou find all these key ash items to give to a vendor and it ends up being absolutely nothing.
Whats worse is that the ashes you get from previous playthroughs have to be reaquired again, terrible game design
>>
>>335403141
Nah mate i seen some wizards doing some funny shit with soulstream, one shotting ganks from miles away with obscuring ring. I just want to know where is the tipping point to do that much damage

I agree with you, magic for the most part suck literally dogshit and you need to invest a ton, but since when was magic ever viable? You always had to complement it with your weapon and play mind games with people to hit them. From will buff magic, i'm sure of it and they will nerf longswords and such. They gave a deserving buff to greatswords last patch, so it is just a matter of time.
>>
>>335399073
Gotthardt's winblades seem alright. You need to find a chance to land the l1 which can be a bitch, but when you do you can combo that into a full weapon skill for 1000+ damage. Also has that nice rolling poke the twinspears do, and your right buttons is a standard longsword moveset. I usually play it like a longsword with a better poke, then if I get low throw out a l1 as I run away. Catches most people, thinking I'm gonna heal. But man oh man are they bad against stocs and katanas.
>>
>>335403674
>They gave a deserving buff to greatswords last patch

Greatswords are still shit
>>
>>335403072

The game was obviously rushed, which is why the balance is all over the place. This installment had the worst bosses of the series by far except for Lothric and the last one because they are pushovers. Pontiff just reminds me of everything that was wrong with dark souls 2 and made it into dark souls 3 increased tenfold.

I had WAY more trouble with the minibosses or even the regular enemies in the way to the boss.

They were designing bloodborne ever since they finished Artorias of the Abyss, so the game had a nice development time and got expanded upon later. Whereas Dark Souls 3 just came out of nowhere and released in a clearly untested state. The game even has multiple walls where you can just walk through and go below the rest of the scenery, it's ridiculous.

http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-3-incomplete/
>>
>>335403674
In PvE magic has been OP since Demon's Souls
I never used it so I'm not that sad if it's been heavily nerfed this time around
>>
I don't understand why the community is giving From a free pass on the enemy design. The bosses are fine but the enemies do basically all the shit that was incredibly annoying about dark souls 2 cranked up to 11.

Infinite poise? Check.
Ridiculous amounts of stamina? Check.
Large groups of enemies? Check.
Majority of the enemies being dudes in different types of armour? Check.

At this point I'm starting to suspect all the dark souls 2 hate is people quoting that one youtube video with the Irish fag rather than a conclusion people came to themselves.
>>
pyromancy but with ice

why add in a frost mechanic if you dont even have an ice infusion and only like 2 frost weapons
>>
>>335396751
>Likes
Non-boss enemy difficulty, exploration, size of the zones, music

>Dislikes
Auto-tracking, the need t have a NG+ poise ring to really use poise, straight swords doing about as much as a greatsword does.

>DLC
More explanation about the other Firelink Shrine, otherwise more of the same with less auto-tracking.
>>
File: 1396622452467.jpg (117 KB, 1181x1297) Image search: [Google]
1396622452467.jpg
117 KB, 1181x1297
>>335396751

>Likes

Lots of interesting new mechanics, I like weapon arts and the Estus vs Ashen Estus systems. Lots of great bosses with some good variety to them. I like that you can finally buy chunks and there's plenty of slabs in a Miyazaki Souls game. Some really cool vistas and areas, and I like that you can kill an NPC to skip right to the end-game areas.
Greirat's cool. Rings seem a lot more balanced, I can't point to any as a "must wear". A full Red Eye Orb, available at a point much earlier than it was in Das1.

>Dislikes
A lot of fights, mostly against larger enemies, still have big camera issues. Too many rehashed ideas and characters from previous Souls games, with little or no change to them purely as fanservice. Several covenants overlap and have zero commitment whatsoever to them. NPC questlines can be very obtuse, requiring things like backtracking to areas you wouldn't need to return to, or activating NPCs at very specific moments that can be permanently missed. Summoning a third phantom is pretty absurd in a series where two phantoms already made it a cakewalk, and is in no way offset by the extra potential invader. Too many stationary, high-health and high-damage enemies (Drakes, giants, giant worm) where the best, if not only, solution is to pelt them with ranged weapons until they die. Never really felt explained what it meant to be "unkindled", and how despite being something worse than a hollow you retain your sanity and physical appearance.

I hope the DLC does something new. So much of the game already is just callbacks to DS1, it'd be disappointing to have the DLC just be another one.
>>
>>335403674
It's just the one in a dozen video they show you without showing you the other 300 times they failed and you got impressed by it. Use dusk's crown, magic clutch ring and the other two other dragon rings to boost magic. You'll only ever one-hit phantoms with low HP, which were the videos that you got exposed to.

Soul Stream is just gimmicky garbage. I've already gone this road with my int glass cannon as well and got disappointed.
>>
>>335404009
>Rings seem a lot more balanced, I can't point to any as a "must wear"
Cloranthy, bloodring, FaP
>>
I still haven't beaten Nameless King or Soul of Cinder

I could probably do them if I put my mind to it, but I'm bored and can't really be bothered
>>
File: 1459615312264.gif (3 MB, 412x304) Image search: [Google]
1459615312264.gif
3 MB, 412x304
>>335402959
stack every single magic boosting item at once

that will be
>dusk crown from farron keep
>scholar's candlestick, purchasable from greirat after irithyll and stick it your other hand, don't need to meet the faith requirement
>both dragoncrest rings
>magic clutch ring in irithyll
>court sorcerer catalyst from the guy that drops logan's scroll

try boosting int up to about 55 as well for the catalyst to become the best in the game

soul stream has high damage, but is only good if you're a coop phantom with time to cast it and lots of fp, GHSA is great for spam against bosses and with this set up can 1 shot most random enemies

crystal homing soulmass is great in pvp for setting up other spells if you time it right, sometimes catches people by surprise and hits for good damage as well

if you invade, you can also using obscuring ring+spook and out of nowhere, 5x crystal soulmasses and a crystal soulspear for instant kill, will also work with soul stream

you can also punish chuggers with great soul arrows, especially with high dex/sages ring

make a crystal halberd, the moveset compliments your spells quite nicely (pokes and a sweep) and has great damage (with 60 int, and +9, it has more than 300 magic damage and ~140 physical).

this is how I played my int build so far, and I win most invasions, even the 3v1 ones if I snipe the host
>>
>>335403072
>>335401960
I do agree with the speed of the enemies in this game.

Using a hammer, GS or UGS was pretty tough compared to my light dex weapons
>>
>>335399073
Why do so many people say longsword and not broadsword? Is it literally just R2 thrust? Broadsword has better base damage and scaling.
>>
>>335396751
Absolutely horrendous covenants (definitely won't be fixed, ever)
Horrendous weapon balance (will be fixed eventually)
Rolling and estus are too fast and unpunishable (might maybe be fixed)
>>
>>335404121
Chloranty is not a must wear. Its effects are barely noticeable.

Bloodring ehhh, still can't notice much difference.

FaP is great and probably a must have.
>>
>>335404183
how much vig and end do you have?
>>
>>335404262
Oh man, i want them to fix rolling and estus so much, but deep down i know they won't fix it. Part of the reason rolling is unpunishable is because of how agressive the game is now. Try to imagine rolling all these new shit with das1 roll
>>
>>335404243
>long

>>335404337
You didnt get the +2 version?
>>
>>335403674
Besides, the problem with magic lies much more in its moveset than even its damage. They can increase the damage all you want, you won't still hit a single person with your 2890374089321740917409 versions of soul arrow no matter what.

Pyromancy is the only remotely good branch of magic in this game. I even tried using Dead Again, which was OP as fuck in dark souls 2 and would usually one shot the host, only to find out they chose the clever design path to make it literally not work against other players at all whatsoever.

Magic will only be viable if they buff the farron spells but even then you are still losing your time because you'll still be wasting mana to hit with an attack that does less damage, is slower and way more obvious than literally any other weapon in the game.

The only time From Software got magic right was in Bloodborne. After they revamped it with The Old Hunters rebalance patch, it got fucking outstanding. These games shouldn't put you casting some shitty slow ass blue arrow from 50 miles away, it should be stuff more in line with Augur of Ebrietas and your ranged spells should look like Executioner's gloves, the cursed head and A Call Beyond. It was also the build that could use the biggest amount of weapons by making them do elemental damage with gems.

In Dark Souls 3 they obviously just copypasted the same shitty spells from the other games without changing anything about them and called it a day. It's a rushed hackjob.
>>
>>335404540
10 endurance, 20 vigor, 18 vit because I wanted to wear brass armour for fashion souls

I'm only around SL 90, so ill probably put some more points into int since it still increases catalyst damage well, maybe a bit more vit/end as well.
>>
>>335404658
don't +2 rings put you in a seperate pvp bracket?

I'd rather wait until more people get there.
>>
>>335403827
Why do I get this feeling that there will be a Scholar of the first sin scenario all over again.
>>
>>335404337
>Chloranty is not a must wear. Its effects are barely noticeable.
>Bloodring ehhh, still can't notice much difference.
It has always been a must wear.Neither of those are bad just because youre oblivious to any of the effects
>>
Something to do with the primordial serpents. Granted I think this is likely considering Frampt was the angelic figure of Lothric and Kaathe is worshipped in Londor.

Also hoping for something related to Aldia, and Manus since I liked the whole fragments of the abyss thing 2's DLC dealt with.
>>
Hope they buff pyromancy it's literal trash with only two viable spells.
I'll say I've gotten much better at free aiming from pvping this game though.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 560x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 560x620
>>335396751
Love it

Been hooked on this series since DS 1. Would love to play DeS and BB, but I'm not willing to buy ps 4 just for two games.
Just beat DS 3 today and took the hollow lord ending. Not going to NG+ yet until I explore more of the areas further as well as beat the nameless King.
Loved the music, the boss fights and some of the tough non boss characters. Personally enjoy the pvp especially the duel arena after pontiff. Was able to complete both rosarian and sun bro reqs.

My only complaint is the specifics you need to know for some npc storylines and to get the most out of them.

This game has been fun as fuck and I look forward to the dlc. i can see myself playing this game daily and will make my next character magic based even if it's underpowered at lower levels.

Tl;dr it's a fun game.
>>
Straight Sword Souls: Phantom Range Edition
>>
File: GsjZkrEb.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
GsjZkrEb.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>the only things ds2 got right were covenants and pvp
>the only things ds3 got wrong are covenants and pvp
>>
>>335404686
I remember an interview saying they wanted to make magic unique and not just 10 different soul arrow spells ;~; Where did everything go wrong?
>>
>>335402779
>>335402968
Figured as much.
>>
>>335396751
>Hopes for the DLC?

>a new location that is trippy and confusing
>archdrake robes from das2
>firebomb cannon weapon similar to bloodborne's cannon
>one or two shields with interesting properties, e.g emits a non-damaging shockwave when struck repeatedly
>>
>>335405256
ill do it for free, steam?
>>
>>335405243
Things were never going to go right, considering they kept it all in the same universe. Did you really expect From to make something unique?
>>
>>335405195
>das2
>covenants
>right
>blues and reds were useless because no orb
>all the rest had some fun gimmick but still useless because of soul memory

Bell was the only thing that actually worked properly
>>
>>335404912
Manus fragments were fucking stupid.

The Dark Soul already was that. They didn't need to make up something else. Every single human was a fragment of Manus because they had pieces of the dark soul.

Either way it's going to be about Londor. The dark lord ending literally goes, "make Londor whole again."

We're going to get Artorias of the Abyss 2.0 where you go back in time to when Londor fell.
>>
>>335396751
>Likes
Best Souls
The game is great. Best bosses in the series, great gameplay and great level design.
Grapes best covenant ever.

>Dislikes
Catacombs and Catacoms: Fire Edition
PvP is kinda shit atm
Sage is the worst version of False Idol
Greatswords are literally garbage.

>Hopes for the DLC?
The Abyss
The Serpents
A definitive ending for the series
>>
>>335405357
>considering they kept it all in the same universe

This is the problem and why I never wished for a Dark Souls 2. They should make new settings with new mechanics. Just look at Bloodborne. Everything feels fresh and unique and they actually had to put in some effort instead of doing this ctrl+c ctrl+v hackjob that was dark souls 3.
>>
>>335404658
I don't find the reach that much different except of course the thrust attack.
>>
>>335399452
But Anon...

The legend never dies.
>>
>>335405436
Deep down,i know this is what we are getting, it will be easy way of rehashing more old content while pleasing the rabid original fans

I really wish they went to a new kingdom instead like Heide for the deep abyss or Mirrah
>>
>>335404857

You don't say. This is Namco Souls after all and the game had a season pass before it even came out.

This is why as much as I love playing at 60 fps on PC, I think these games are in MUCH better hands when From Software is partnering with Studio Japan from Sony. The feeling I've got out of Dark Souls 3 is that it was made to fulfill a contractual obligation instead of being a thing made with passion, time and patience.
>>
>>335396751
>Likes?
Nearly everything.

>Dislikes?
NG+ and covenants not as good as DaS 2 (really the only two things DaS 2 made better than 1 or DeS).

>Hopes for the DLC?
Don't know, but I won't buy it until all are out.
>>
>>335405859
Japan Studios is the real A-team.
>>
>>335405593
I can't wait for Cyber Souls in 2018.
>>
The fist weapons blow ass, which sucks since they were great in das2

I think the estocs 3rd r1 needs to come out slower, and the estoc needs more stamina cosumption
>>
>>335405915
>covenants in DaS2
>good
No. The pvp was good, the covenants were not. The Mound Makes is better then anything on DaS2 for example.
>>
>Likes?
The general area design, the boss fights

>Dislikes?
Less cool weapons and armor than 2, though still a respectable amount. Too many in some parts.
>>
One of my biggest disappointments is how the Armor of Favor clips around the neck. Fingers crossed that they fix it.

Also the lack of new armor sets in general.
>>
>>335403827
>Pontiff just reminds me of everything that was wrong with dark souls 2
Pontiff didn't remind me of mobs of enemies
>>
>>335403827
Pontiff was awesome though
>>
>>335406250
> he said, as the pontiff literally cloned himself
>>
Vendrick set isnt in, and thats a crime
>>
>>335405734
Realistically it's just going to be New Londo after it was pushed to the surface or some shit because the NPCs mention several times that every linking of the flame changed the geography and time converging shit.

If they want to make shit even more convoluted they'll have Soul of the Abyss/Dark to counter Soul of Cinder as a stand in for every player that chose the Dark Lord ending of DaS1.
>>
>>335403827
>Pontiff

Are you forgetting about Martyr Logarius?
>>
>>335399073
Why no love for muh macefu? I'm doing a mace only run after the generic sword and board run, and it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>335406337
Fuck off matthew matosis, more than 1 enemy is not bad game design
>>
>>335406337
The second phase actually made it easier for me since you have more time between attacks.

Anyway, a duo is not a mob, but you know that yourself.
>>
i want gravelord covenant back

fuck all these vanilla summon/invade covenants
>>
>>335396751
There really are a lot of useless ass covenants this time.
>>
>>335406337
>The original copies the moves the clone does, so it makes it super easy to control the battle.
>The clone has a 5-hits-to-kill health.

nah
>>
>>335406491
just saying you picked a really poor boss to get your point across

Literally any other boss would have been better.
>>
File: Guarenteed Replies.png (665 KB, 876x1152) Image search: [Google]
Guarenteed Replies.png
665 KB, 876x1152
I hope we get to see Londor in one of the DLC packs, that'd be quite cool.
>>
>>335406337
It's actually a pretty interesting mechanic, as the clone will always attack first and Pontiff will do the same attack (the clone also deals less damage)
It also dies pretty fast if you want to kill it
>>
File: 123465476457.png (291 KB, 860x892) Image search: [Google]
123465476457.png
291 KB, 860x892
>>335403926
Although I 100% disagree with your last statement because mathewmathosis said absolutely NOTHING new in that video that /v/ wasn't already saying for weeks beforehand, except for his rants about the sex of the MC in the opening cutscene, I am still baffled that no one is calling dark souls 3 out on its bullshit.

It took everything that made dark souls 2 fucking ass and multiplied it by 5.

Mimics and ambushes are meant to be surprises and a surprise can only be such a thing if it's unexpected, that means not being the norm. Instead, the only times I felt surprised in this game was when I found a chest that was actually a fucking chest and when I entered a room and picked up an item in the ground without having 500 enemies rain on my head all at the same time as if these mindless hollows supposedly knew I was coming beforehand, when, through where and how because they were tracking me through fucking facebook on their medieval smartphones. The enemies in this game didn't have lives of their own, it's as if their entire purpose lied in stand perfectly in place as to gank and ambush your ass every 5 steps.

You know what this reminds me? That fucking zombie at the cemetery in resident evil 6 that for NO fucking reason whatsoever is just standing there with its hands on a lever, carefully waiting for you to go by so it could activate it and make you fall down. I almost went blind because my eyes refused to stop staring at the back of my skull right then and there.

The game even has fucking screamers of all things in those cells at the prison for no fucking reason whatsoever other than farming cheap reactions like those shitty uninspired horror games do for fuck's sake.. Just how fucking CHEAP can you get?
>>
>>335406507
> gravelord "my covenant was more worthless than Darkmoon and Blue Sentinels are now" covenant
>>
File: 1461279193319.jpg (3 MB, 1280x1922) Image search: [Google]
1461279193319.jpg
3 MB, 1280x1922
>>335396751
Some parts feel like chores to play.

Also Nameless King Phase 1 is a retarded fight

Overall, still a graet game, not as good as bloodborne
>>
>>335396751
>many decent bosses, all of the humanoid though
>great and fast gameplay
>good weapon and armor variety
>good level design
dislikes:
>somewhat short
>too much references to dark souls 1 and (to a lesser extent) 2
>areas and monsters straight up copy pasted
>early game is kinda shit
hopes for the DLC:
>no more references and fanservice, new stuff
>a proper dragon boss
>>
>>335406636
>you picked a really poor boss to get your point across
No.
>>
Great game. Lots of fun, challenging bosses, good atmosphere. Had a great time, I hope they make another.
>>
I hope the DLC in this game is available early on, much like in Bloodborne. I like the game but some more variety early game on where to go would be nice, otherwise it takes until the Road of Sacrifices to really have some freedom.

Also please buff int and faith you fucks
>>
>>335406729
Man, those flowers scare me. The atmosphere of that area was 10/10.
>>
>>335396751
Love it. My only issue is that the camera gets wonky as fuck sometimes and the cat ring that lets you survive fall damage is very inconsistent.

Based on Dark Souls 2, the relatively slight pvp imbalances will be fixed within the next 6-8 months and the PVP will then become phenomenal, just in time for the DLC.

I hope the DLC lets us go to Londor and explains some lore stuff, specifically with the primordial serpents, what makes unkindled different from other undead, and what the deal with the Dark Fire Link shrine is.
>>
>>335406916
>I hope they make another.
Yeah about that...
>>
File: 1384055348953.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1384055348953.gif
387 KB, 269x270
My one and only real complaint about the game is the lack of more dialogue. It's annoying that the hub npcs barely say anything after you've spoken to them for the first time.
It's the (and also one and only real complaint) I had about Bloodborne; fuck-all dialogue.

At least there's some pretty awesome NPC questlines.

Besides that It's probably one of my two favorite Souls games.
>>
>>335407108
>camera gets wonky as fuck sometimes
Don't fucking lock on
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
After playing this I have a new appreciation of DS2. The enemies (design and placement) and bosses were ass, but I liked the areas and the variety of areas compared to "Castle, swamp, cathedral, other castle."

I mean fuck, is there even a single trap in DS3 outside of ambushes?
>>
>>335399073

I wasn't aware the butcher knife was a meme weapon. I just thought it had good scaling to go with my strength build
>>
Oddly enough I found the music a bit of a let down. I completed the game today and was just listening through the OST and it feels a bit forgettable. Compare that to Demon Soul's and Dark Souls 1 which had some great tracks.
>>
>>335404121
>Cloranthy
>must wear
what the fuck are you on? Cloranthy ring is awful.

Also I do appreciate that they took the best system that DaS2 implemented, that of estus and bone shards for health upgrades. The healing system in this game is arguably the best out of any Souls game.
>>
>>335406650
Mate matthewmatosis and everyone who agrees with him, a self proclaimed "lvideo game"critic", are dumbasses. Nothing he said in his garbage video made dark souls 2 bad, and none of it makes dark souls 3 bad. His incompetence does not make things bad, and niether does yours.
>>
>>335407298
Just that rolling skeleton ball and those books that release ghost hands in the archives
>>
>>335407083
>tfw you look around and see you are at the top of the sky, then suddenly you are in the ocean and a town lies below it
>then you remember everything they said about the sea and "the sky and the cosmos are one"

Absolutely blew my fucking mind and they even teased it beforehand with that Deep One falling from the sky near the pizza cutter.

Such a fantastic fucking game. It really left me spoiled and desynthesized to pretty much everything else.
>>
>>335406650
Not everything.
>basic abilities work as they should out the box, like parries and rolling
>hitboxes gone with ADP
>actually looks like it has textures, even if they are ugly still
>far from as linear, there's actually some exploring to do
>shortcuts are back
>no more infinite healing
>bosses having 10 minute long windows for counter hits gone
>durability
>kick is back
>fall damage can be ignored, albeit with a ring
It does have a lot of the same issues, some even worse than 2, but don't pretend it's nearly as bad. There are fights and areas I look forward to doing again in this game.
>>
>>335407113
They're going to.

It might not have the "souls" name on it but they'd be fools not to keep milking the formula.
>>
>>335407393

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnfzIhrGjLc
>>
>>335407393
That's just like, your opinion, man
>>
File: 20160425001320_1.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160425001320_1.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1080
>not using dual dark swords
>>
>>335407553
Sure it's going to be something with similar mechanics, but it's not gonna be in the souls world.

Which is kind of a shame because it's still not clear what the fuck is going on.
>>
Why is the uchigatana, according to you guys, so op? I have the black blade and it seems to be the same thing but with better stats
>>
>>335407393
I wasnt even aware there was music playing for most of the time. After playing BB all the tracks in DS3 are dogshit in comparison
>>
>>335407426
>The healing system in this game is arguably the best out of any Souls game.

Near infinite sippies that completely fill your healthbar that can be drunk at instant speed? No.

To make it worse, half of the reason why magic is so bad is that HP and FP share the same flasks -- why cut your effective health in half just to cast some spells that do less damage than R1 spam? If the game gave you some Ashen flasks that could only be used for FP, you'd have a reason to invest in magic to put them to use.
>>
>>335407298
>I mean fuck, is there even a single trap in DS3 outside of ambushes?

I can't shake the feeling that this game was made in such a way as to farm cheap deaths from let's play streamers because you know, HARDEST GAME EVER LMAO, and make the game go even more viral and increase sales with le ebin cheap deaths videos.

The fact they gave it to streamers 3 weeks in advance only made my suspicion worse.

Also,
>literal screamers

It feels like the game was built around expecting the player to throw a girly scream every 5 steps for le ebin reactions.
>>
>>335407209
>the doll still telling you to face Gherman when MP was hanging out in the yard
Hated that shit, and I agree. They couldn't have been assed to record some more dialogue following each Lord of Cinder kill?
>>
>>335407767
because bleed is OP

It actually does amazing damage, can be stacked very quickly and even seems to apply if dodging through the attack (lag I suppose)
>>
>>335397486
Ma nigga.
>>
File: australian man.jpg (30 KB, 374x428) Image search: [Google]
australian man.jpg
30 KB, 374x428
>>335401276
>less stamina to use
>better scaling
>better damage
>less time inbetween swings
right...
>>
>>335399073
>estoc
>skill
>>
>>335407298
>I have a new appreciation of DS2
Nice meme

> is there even a single trap in DS3 outside of ambushes?
Dragon (drake)
Exploding barrels
Hollow becoming weird demon thing
Giant BB lizard
Giant BB curse spider
OnionBro (Patches)
Huge Crossbow
Skeleton ball
Bridge being breakable
Arrows from the tower giant
Hollow becoming hugging slimes
Hollow pushing you to the lower section of dungeon
Hands in the archives

maybe more?
>>
>>335407529
The game is literal gold and I have no idea how it has so little recognition compared to how great it is. The only real fault I can find with it is the number of weapons in the game, but even that is offset by the fact that all of them are viable and most are 2 in 1.
>>
File: 20160425002106_1.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160425002106_1.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>Gwyn's Firstborn
>Wielded a spear

Wait wut I thought Solaire was the first born
>>
File: 20160424235713_1.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160424235713_1.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
>>335396751
>likes
pacing was good. i felt like i was going from fight to fight but enough to catch a breather.
nice selection of bosses.
>dislike
Covenants need fixed. Aldrich/wolf/darkmoon summons are non existent because the host already has 2 whites with him and an invader so theres no room to get summoned. but the absolute worst part is the covenant drops, nigga i want my rings for my achievements!
pvp would be a bit better if it wasnt always 3v1. 2v1 is fine but 3 is a bit much when its two dork swords and the third spammig spells.
>DLC
more armor and weapons for my fashion souls.
>>
>>335408082
doesn't solaire use miracles?
i haven't played DS1 in awhile so I can't remember
>>
>>335407835
>Near infinite sippies that completely fill your healthbar that can be drunk at instant speed? No.
That is every Souls game.

>To make it worse, half of the reason why magic is so bad is that HP and FP share the same flasks
No, half the reason magic is so bad is because the spells themselves are easy as fuck to avoid in PVP and the other half is how little damage they do. Leveling Attunement does not supply enough FP or slots, honestly, but that doesn't mean that splitting health and magic for estus is a bad thing. And honestly chugging in general is a big HIT ME sign, use low health for mindgames.
>>
>>335408061
>I have no idea how it has so little recognition compared to how great it is.
Because its only on PS4, so most people hate on BB because its exclusive.
>>
>>335408082
that was a stupid fan fiction theory
>>
>>335408032
>literally everything from previous games
I liked DaS3 but it was probably the least original out of all souls games
>>
>>335407737
Not who you're replying to, but I'd actually prefer having it set in a new scenario and not being medieval again.
>>
Would it kill you cancerous faggots to search the catalogue for the 5 remaining threads about this game? Are the janitors just new cunts or fucking retarded? Why do you faggots get a free pass on shitposting?
>>
>>335407393
>demon souls
>dark souls 1
>great tracks
You people are retarded, demon souls has objectively terrible music
>>
>>335407835
>Near infinite sippies that completely fill your healthbar that can be drunk at instant speed? No.
when you die in 2 hits when in everything but the heaviest of armor, i'd say quick drinking is OK
>>
>>335408213
>That is every Souls game.

Bullshit, son. Ask anyone in this thread and they will tell you that sipping is faster than ever, both the animation and the rate of health recovery after sipping. Haven't you ever been in one of those threads bitching about invasions?
>>
>>335401960
>Cheap ambushes
>Ambushes ever being fair
Nigga wut
>>
>>335408061
Console exclusive man. Part of why DaS blew the fuck up was because it became a multiplat. BB will fall to DeS status: great game that didn't reach a wide enough audience.
>>
>>335407393

>compare taht to Demon Soul's and Dark Souls 1

Compare it to Bloodborne, which came right before it. You simply won't find a single thing in dark souls 3 that is as intense as this and it's the theme of the first fucking boss you'll most likely meet first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-doUT5q_dYc

The music of Orphan of Kos made my heart rush and it perfectly into the music. The ones from Ludwig, The One Reborn, Blood-starved Beast and the like are fucking outstanding works. They feels so goddamn professional. In fact the whole sound design part of Bloodborne felt amazing to me.

In Dark Souls 3 the only three tracks that I can even remember were the ones from the princes, which was all around a great boss fight by the way; the one from the second form of the final boss; and the second theme of firelink shrine. The game might as well be muted for the rest of the playthrough.
>>
File: 20160424231349_1.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160424231349_1.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1080
>>335408118

>Lorian's Greatsword

Recently switched to this as well and I'm enjoying the fuck out of the L2 power attack in PvP, one shots some people.
>>
>>335408247
I think the PS4 exclusivity is a blessing in disguise. The community is fantastic compared to say, PC Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1451585303047.png (501 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451585303047.png
501 KB, 500x375
>>335408345
> demon souls has objectively terrible music
Nigga how can you listen to Vanguard and say that shit with a straight face?
>>
>>335408483
I haven't really given it much thought but I can't really remember many times in DaS3 where I've felt like the music has really hit me
>>
>>335408483
>these typos

the fuck, I need to sleep badly
>>
File: nigger i will cut you.jpg (43 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
nigger i will cut you.jpg
43 KB, 350x350
>>335396751
>Hopes for the DLC?
To make lorefags like me not lie awake at night wondering when the fuck everthing went so wrong

Miyazaki said that we were gonna get some answers

Where the fuck are they you hack?
>>
>>335408082
A lot of people also believe Andre is Gwyn's son.
>>
>>335400465
post stats or didnt happen
>>
>>335396751
Hope for this 9
>>
>>335408598
in the dlc packs.
>>
>>335408032

>Outside of ambushes

Your post can safely be disregarded, considering you can't read.
>>
>>335408375
>Bullshit, son. Ask anyone in this thread and they will tell you that sipping is faster than ever, both the animation and the rate of health recovery after sipping.
Animation is faster, yes. The health recovery does not surpass what was capable in 1 or 2, and the upgrade system for health in 1 was a hassle. Kindling every fire for 20 heals was basically just a way to ensure that you could faceroll every boss and be fine, and with how poise worked you could chug freely.

I do miss shooting people healing to get parries off in BB, I wish you could stagger someone mid sip with arrows or something.

>Haven't you ever been in one of those threads bitching about invasions?
People have bitched about invasions since Demons Souls, you need to be more specific.
>>
>>335408525
I agree with you 100% there. Old Hunters blew me the fuck out of the water the night it released.
>>
>>335396751
I hope they fuckin change the mechanics so that long weapon wielding enemies are not able to fuckin swipe through walls/pillars anymore. Is this just bad gamedesign or done on purpose.

Fromshills incoming.
>>
Any advice on how to play shieldless first playthrough? I keep dying to everything.
>>
>>335408253
>After 5 games it becomes unoriginal
no fucking shit m8
>>
>>335406636
No he didn't pontiff isn't bad or unfair you fucking faggot
>>
>>335408852
I never claimed he was either of these things. I just said he cloned.

Learn to fucking read, autismo.
>>
>>335408757

>People have bitched about invasions since Demons Souls, you need to be more specific.

Okay, so you _have_ been living under a rock. Every thread begins with how sipping is unpunishable. Don't argue when you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>335408802
I wanna suggest to get better at rolling but I feel like that's obvious and not particularly helpful anyway, maybe be more cautious and let the enemies use some of their moveset before you go in to make your attacks
>>
>>335408024
>Meanwhile with a claymore you can get 1400+ damage easy with two charged r2 even more so with the leo ring
Nah mate
>>
>>335407452

You are the only incompetent person here because you're a short-sighted fanboy like many others you find in droves everywhere. You can't refute anything anyone criticizes about the game or what he said so you just go into full damage control mode and start attacking their character instead.

Come back when you have actual counter-arguments instead of this butthurt fanboy drivel. Alternatively, cry more.
>>
>>335408483
Dude I love Bloodborne but quit being a sperg. Moments like Pontiff's second theme kicking in or the wail that began Aldrich's boss fight were wonderful musical cues.

And that's not even getting shit like Abyss Watchers or Dancer. Yuka Kitamura did a great job.
>>
>>335408617
Andre actually has some ground, the devs in DaS 1 meant for him to be the Firstborn, he would then push the statue at Firelink aside revealing a staircase to where you put the teleporting soul tortilla bowl.
But then they were like 'nah fuck it'.

It's also why he's the only one with moving lips.
>>
>>335408617
In fairness Andre was supposed to be, and I kind of preferred it that way. The firstborn being a fallen god of war turned singleminded smith who spends his days forging tools of conflict was ideal.

Nameless King was a good second place though.
>>
File: fuck it all.jpg (22 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
fuck it all.jpg
22 KB, 349x344
>>335396751
I like the overal game more then DaS2
But Gwyn knows this shit is too easy

No boss kicked my ass this time around.
I was gonna say that DaS2 at least did that but then i rememberd i stopped at NG4+

But that's just a case of me having played all of these game so much now that i can't not be gud at them

But really all the bosses are a joke.
Im sure people that have played all the way from Demon souls feel the same.
>>
>>335402608
Are they a meme in Japan though?
>>
>>335408926
Yes and how does him cloning him self equal any boss in dark souls 2 besides the dark lurker who is arguable one of the best bosses in the game.
>>
>>335396751
I like the game, I hate the fans. Hopefully the DLC bridges exactly happen that shifted the situation that we were able to become kindled instead of unhollowed.
>>
Where the fuck IS MY POISE!!!!! I FUCKING STAGGER BY STEPPING ON BLADES OF GRASS IN FULL HAVEL
>>
>>335409031
Pontiff had a theme?
>>
File: mlgs.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mlgs.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>People complain about build balance

>No one remembers pre-patch Crystal Ring Shield
>No one remembers pre-patch DWGR
>No one remembers Greatbow backstabs
>No one remembers Havelmoms
>No one remembers pre-patch Fog Ring
>No one remembers pre-patch Hornet Ring
>No one remembers pre-patch fire/lightning
>No one remembers pre-patch Magic Shield
>No one remembers pre-patch Pyromancy

>No one remembers pre-patch Avelyns
>No one remembers pre-patch Monastery Scimitar
>No one remembers pre-patch Hexes
>No one remembers 838 Havel Hexers
>No one remembers pre-patch Santier's Spear
>No one remembers pre-patch Bastard Sword/Mastadon Greatsword
>No one remembers four buffs at once
>No one remembers pre-patch Miracles
>No one remembers Ice Rapier

Wait a couple of weeks, DaS3 PvP needs its own patches to work.
>>
>>335408805
>meanwhile bloodborne is the fourth game and it oozes originality

You lost.
>>
I don't know if I can bring myself to buy the DLC after playing the main game. Dark souls 3 is better than 2 but worse than 1. I feel like it was also them mixing in BB combat with souls which made the game feel weird. The original dark souls had a soul but methodical pacing to the combat. Dark souls 3 tried to find a middle ground between bloodborne and Dark Souls. I don't think they should have done this because it just doesn't feel like Dark Souls anymore it feels like a weird Frankenstein monster in terms of combat. The locations felt like a greatest hits album and so did the bosses.
>>
>>335408802
I have a shield equipped but I basically dual wield most of the times anyways. Read the moves of the harder enemies, figure out the best moment to throw in a chain attack, profit. Just dodgeroll and hit senpai.
>>
>>335408514
hah, I'm cooping at the prince fight right now and he just oneshot me with that at 26 vit, guess he got a counter hit off
>>
>>335396751
>likes
Bosses are mostly fun
World is beautiful for the most part
World connectivity is ridiculously good
It ends the series
>dislikes
game balance is fucked beyond belief
PVP is garbage like always
all types of magic are pointless fodder
music is disappointing after BB
SL1 runs are unfun tedium this time around
>DLC hopes
better balancing
>>
>>335408976
>Okay, so you _have_ been living under a rock.
Savage

>Every thread begins with how sipping is unpunishable. Don't argue when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Every single thread begins with sipping being unpunishable? You realize how ridiculous you sound right now, right?
>>
>>335409381
>Sl 1
How can you do SL1 when the lowest starting level is 10?
>>
File: 1460209624820.jpg (11 KB, 261x196) Image search: [Google]
1460209624820.jpg
11 KB, 261x196
>>335409198
>pre-patch Hornet Ring
DON'T FUCKING GET ME STARTED
>>
>>335408743
Then name one "trap" in any other game that isn't an ambush, or those retarded poison/arrow chests in DaS2.
Also
>Patches is an ambush.
k
>>
File: Ashen AF.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Ashen AF.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335408514
yeah its so good. i went fro the butcher knife to lorians greatsword and PVP has been top notch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq8WpYN31cM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbHIOhL0sI
>>
>>335408082
Sounds a bit like Ornstein but I feel kinda like we know too much about him?

Also I've seen people saying the firstborn fell in love with dragons but I dunno where that came from
>>
>>335409439
It's not.

Deprived starts at SL1
>>
>>335409198
Most people here probably can't remember a time before captchas and you expect them to remember vanilla Fog Ring?
>>
>>335408082
Solaire being the son is a dumb DaS1 meme.
DaS3 confirms that the son is the Nameless King boss, and his name is probably Farron
>>
>>335409198
>pre-patch Hornet Ring
Do tell because it's already ridiculous as it is.
>>
>>335409439
Deprived is SL1
>>
>>335409394

While I'm speaking in hyperbole, it remains true that this has to be your first DS3 thread if you've never seen the complaints about how fast sipping is in DS3. You're the one claiming there's no difference.
>>
>>335409595
Most people don't even remember dubs, but I can still see them from time to time. Like yours.
>>
>>335408802
Most enemies pick their attacks based on where you are in relation to them. If you learn what they do at a longer distance first, you are much safer when backing off to heal. The carthus bloodring is also great for dodging, it makes the roll ridiculously good. That said, it's usually a good idea to go ham and just stunlock everyone to death in this game.
>>
Please fix heavy weapons and armor.
>>
>>335408082
>>335409559
>>335409685
Kill the Nameless King and read his armor/soul/spells info as well as the armor you find right after.
>>
>>335409709
Wtf is sipping? I've been into dark souls since DaS1 came out but i never heard this term?
>>
>>335408514
>>335409535
Is this actually good?
It scalesd D with everything

Im missing a great sword to mess around with
>>
>>335409381
>SL1 runs are unfun tedium this time around
I haven't tried one yet, why is that?
Is it because you get 1hitko from most bosses?
>>
File: 1407743015899.png (10 KB, 776x153) Image search: [Google]
1407743015899.png
10 KB, 776x153
>>335408061
>and I have no idea how it has so little recognition compared to how great it is

Because it's an exclusive and since it's sony the pcuck/nintendrone/xbot defense force got butthurt as all fuck, specially pcucks, who were already shitting HEAVILY on it when we only had the name of the goddamn project of all things.

I actually wanted them to port it to PC because it would be fucking hilarious witnessing the poorfags who can only own one platform so they bought some shitty pc with an fx 6300 and a 750ti and start parroting reddit with the master race cringeworthy shit pull a complete 180 and start loving the game.

Dark Souls 3 felt like a direct downgrade in every direction except for level design. One thing though, the loot in this game is fucking garbage because every single fucking thing in the ground is a useless shard that halfway through the game I really wasn't feeling like exploring anymore, so even though they got it right with branching and wide open paths, they fucking murdered exploration. I can't fucking understand why they put all the unique loot in two fucking npcs instead of scathering some of that shit in places.

The worst part to me was in the swamp where you have those three gianormous dragon witches guarding an item and you go through to hell to get there only to find a fucking poison shard. I flipped my shit. Ironically enough, you get the somewhat worthwhile loot by killing one of them instead. They totally shat the bed in this regard.

The fact that sidequests require fucking backtracking to areas you've already beaten in order to progress them is downright amateurism right there.
>>
>>335409709
>While I'm speaking in hyperbole, it remains true that this has to be your first DS3 thread
Holy shit dude get over yourself
>>
>>335409198
>no one remembers Scraping spear
>no one remembers mirdan hammers
>no one remembers cursed weapon cast with broken catalysts
>>
>>335409145
Get the Wolf Ring
>>
>>335409198
>implying miracles were ever good in pvp in 2
if you got hit, you're shit
>>
>>335399073
Estocbabby spotted
>>
>>335396751
PINWHEEL MASKS PLS FROM
>>
>>335409709
>You're the one claiming there's no difference
see
>>335408757
>Animation is faster, yes.

Could you spend less time jerking yourself off and more time on reading comprehension?
>>
File: 1430165018438.jpg (68 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1430165018438.jpg
68 KB, 530x600
>>335409848
>>
>>335409923
I'm not talking only about pvp. Also 20+ lightning spears is too fucking much, I'm not even talking about the damage.
>>
>>335409883
Thats not the problem, you get one shot anyway in all SL1 runs in any game.

The bosses just aren't very fun to fight. Twin Princes for example is a tedious fuckfest with RNG based teleports.

It doesn't have any risky shit or higher mechanics like Beast blood pellets, RTSR is useless and the only thing you will ever use is the bandits knife and astoras sword
both of which amount to dull R1 spam.
>>
File: 1449272846740.png (107 KB, 708x900) Image search: [Google]
1449272846740.png
107 KB, 708x900
>>335408525

It really is and you can even see for yourself right here, just hop over to /vg/. If you go to /dsg/ right now and ask if someone wants to help you in something or just tag along, they curse you and do the usual /v/irgin anal leak barrage attack on you and it's nothing but shitty memes all the way through. Whereas if you go in the slow ass /bbg/ right now you'll always find people willing to discuss something or do something in-game effortlessly.

Bloodborne's community reminds me of the good old days of Demon's Souls before PC took a permanent dump on it.
>>
>>335409917
I have like 60poise, and i stagger from fucking daggers
>>
File: average pc playerbase.png (39 KB, 800x188) Image search: [Google]
average pc playerbase.png
39 KB, 800x188
>>335410163
/dsg/ has always and will always be awful. I can get why people want the PC version but I could never stand going from the awesome BB community to playing with those CEing cunts.
>>
>>335409198
>Wait a couple of weeks, DaS3 PvP needs its own patches to work.

Unless they're patching out making you invade into gank squads every time I'm not coming back.
>>
>>335402387
But their more than any other das?
>>
>>335410041

>That is every Souls game.

Sorry, I missed your post where you admitted you were wrong.
>>
>>335409871
its not a min/max weapon,at +5 its C D D D.
with 40STR 15(+ring)DEX 20(+ring)INT 14Faith i can 3 shot some people. if i catch them with a charged R2 or my weapon art its like 800-900 damage.
just watch my videosplease
>>
>>335410476
Every Souls game has immense healing potential you buffoon.

What you should be complaining about is Lloyd's Talismans being useless pieces of shit this time around, which is the main issue. You would know this if you actually went into DaS3 threads.
>>
>>335409181

It must have been there somewhere in between his flurry of infinite attacks with infinite stamina.
>>
What's the most overpowered weapon in every Souls game?

>Demon's - Meat Cleaver
>Dark Souls - Claymore
>Dark Souls II - Craftsman's Hammer
>Bloodborne - Whirligig Saw
>Dark Souls III - ?
>>
>>335410764
Longsword
>>
>>335410684

Which is why it's all the more important that sipping be slow and punishable like I claimed. This is objectively the worst incarnation of estus yet you claim it's the best because of a minor quality of life improvement that was already in DS2.
>>
>>335410809
longsword is not that hard to deal with, it's the stoc
>>
>>335410764
Dark Sword, before the incoming nerf. Estoc or WP are up there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.