[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do normal people live in the dark souls universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: 609173.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
609173.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
How do normal people live in the dark souls universe?
>>
very carefully
>>
they live on my peenus weenus of course haha :)
>>
>>335348804
There's no normal people, all of them are undead.
>>
>>335348804

>go outside to use the outhouse
>get attacked by a giant spider
>go to farm your field
>get attacked by a giant
>go to the merchant to pick up some tools
>get attacked by the undead

It does annoy me in games where there's like a village of 10 people surrounded by hundreds of various fucking monsters and shit
>>
>>335348872
>>There's no normal people, all of them are undead.
there are still real hooman beans but they're not in lordran

the undead were sent to lordran to fuck off and rot in the asylum or do their dumb undead quest. presumably, there is a bunch of normal human communities far away and the undead curse is treated as a random inevatibility, like the plague in the medieval times

i don't know if this still applies to lothric tho
>>
>>335348953
So much this. I always fucking wondered how "normal" people can live in such a place. For example that mage in road of sacrifices that's literally just a few meters away from 10 or so monsters.
Or some old chick in a church with undead just lurking outside of the door. Even just sleeping anywhere should already be dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>335349076
>that mage in road of sacrifices that's literally just a few meters away from 10 or so monsters
yeah but the monsters are mages too. the hollows don't necessarily attack anyone, they just attack people they don't think belong in that place. they probably think he's just another mage hollow.
>>
>>335348872
Undead, hollowed, or undead cursed.

Even the few people who look normal in Souls aren't. Everyone is fucked in Souls.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>335349173
mfw chosen undead/ashen one isnt welcome anywhere but firelink
>>
I figured the dark souls universe is only fucked up during the times in which the first flame needs to be linked, when the undead curse runs rampant and the world is tearing itself apart. Otherwise it's a standard fantasy world where life is possible. The game only takes place in the most dangerous parts, all of them ruins and places of legends where ancient creatures roam and disasters have wiped out whoever once lived there. We never visit Astora, Carim, or Catarina, but Anor Londo which is literally where the gods lived.
>>
>>335348953
so every RPG ever then?
>>
>>335348804
>normal people
There isn't a single shred of evidence that 'normal' people exist
>>
>>335348804
For some reason, this thumbnail always looks to me, like the knight is giving a thumbs up to someone. And every time I open it and see that that's not the case.
>>
>>335349250
sieglinde wasn't undead

in fact it's assumed that only siegward and (maybe) siegmeyer were the undead catarina guys. the rest of that family was normies
>>
>>335348804
Probably fairly normally except for some people knowing magic.
Lordran is basically just undead Australia.
>>
>>335349497
ABNORMALFAGS GET OUT RREEEEEE
>>
>>335349605
I feel the exact same way.
>>
>>335348872

What about the people in places like Catarina, Astora or Carim? Aren't these societies still normal?
>>
>>335349736
There isnt a single shred of evidence they are normal

The greatest misconception about Souls is that people think normal average joe's exist, they dont.
>>
>>335349790
They have an entire country for shipping people who become undead off to.
>>
How do meet Sirris again if I'm in Rosaria's Fingers and have done the reborn? I want to kill her for her set.
>>
>>335349838
And are those countries filled with normal people? Where is your source?

Everything is fucked everywhere all the time. Thats the only truth we know of Souls.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 500x472
>>335348824
Came here to say this and was overjoyed to see it's the first reply.
>>
>>335349851
She'll show up again eventually saying she wants nothing to do with you at firelink
>>
>>335349383
This to some extent

The dark souls games take place during an apocalypse/ragnarok scenario is happening, time and space is distorted and the world is about to be snuffed out, Lordran and Lothric are more or less Limbo locations that the undead inhabit, they either hollow and get trapped in limbo for eternity, die and become absorbed by stronger undead/demons or accomplish their task of linking the first flame

There are no normal people in the DaS settings that we experience because the world is dying, anyone important is dead or long since went insane.
>>
>>335348804
they stay are the bonfire and sell shit to undeads
>>
>>335349938
Oh, is there any way to trigger it or is it unknown?
>>
>>335349881
Allfather llyod nigger.
>Talisman utilized by Allfather Lloyd's cleric knights to hunt down the Undead.
Blocks Estus recovery within a limited area.
In the outside world, the Undead are accursed creatures, and Lloyd's cleric knights are widely praised for their Undead hunts. This blessed talisman blocks Undead recovery, allowing the knights to fight with impunity.
>>
>>335350140
Well I fucked up the greentext but there is your source.
>>
>>335350140
And? Where is your evidence that he or his knights are normal? All that says is that they hunt undead, for all we know they are some other type of fucked up being.
>>
>>335350140
>to hunt down the undead
what is this? bloodborne? so do people just stay in their houses while some militia takes care of monsters?
>>
Haven't played Ds3 yet, when does it take place? Does it take place a 1000 years after Das1 like what Das2 did?
>>
>>335349881
There are NPCs that seem to come from fairly normal areas. For example Rickert in DS1, seems to suggest Vinheim is normal, with its own established sorcery school and whatnot. And, like other normal areas, it outcasts its undead. Also in DS1, Balder is specifically mentioned as an old kingdom ruined by an undead plague. So this implies a differentiation between fallen lands like Balder, and normal ones like Vinheim.
>>
>>335350140
>Allfather llyod
Is Gwyn uncle, making him not an average person.
>>
>>335348804
>How do normal people live in the dark souls universe?
They give Undead the out of sight, out of mind treatment, throwing bearers of Darksign / Hollows out of their cities and sending them to asylums, endless pilgrimages etc. because killing them doesn't help. Sometimes the number of Undead outnumber regular folk and the latter flee or are killed, or sometimes these thrown out Hollows form their own communities like New Londo before everyone eventually going bonkers. DaS2 mentions Witch Hunt-like events rounding up Darksign bearers and other undesirables.

All the games take place just when the Fire about to die out, which also means the time all the kingdoms are crumbling to Undead curse and monsters / Abyss / whatever is freely fucking all the places up. The Fire fading is a thing that affects the whole world and human race, and thus the number of "regular" people or communities is likely very small by that point, if they even exist in the first place. Once the Fire is relinked everything will be just peachy again and human society rebuilds, at least for a time being until the cycle repeats itself. This is evidenced by all the fallen kingdoms, each being built atop old ones.
>>
>>335350103
She showed up immediately after the fact for me after I needed to respecc and gave a tongue to Rosaria.
>>
>>335350272
quit being disingenuous
>>
>>335350312

That would make sense for a society, some fight while others cultivate.
>>
>>335348804
Normally, before their cities turned undead
>>
>>335350391
Huh, I didn't respec, but only rebirthed. She didn't show up.
>>
>>335350352
>There are NPCs that seem to come from fairly normal areas
You have no evidence of this, just speculation.

>>335350401
Quit being baseless. Just because you think it 'sounds cool' there are 'normal areas' doesn't make it true. The Souls lore is purposely obtuse and there is no evidence anywhere that normal people exist.
>>
>>335350272
> for all we know they are some other type of fucked up being.
Now its time for you to show your source anon.
>>335350312
I imagine most undead people dont actually want to be thrown in an asylum full of hollows and fat demons.
>>
Is there a lore reason for why Pontiff Sulyvahn is such a dick?
>>
>>335350518
He has a small peenus weenus
>>
>>335350513
I didnt make any claims.

In the absence of source either way the only valid conclusion is we dont know. So dont pretend you have the answer to something you cant prove.
>>
>>335350374
His knights might be.
Also a bit from the gold coin
>Even coins of great value in the world of men have little value in Lordran, where the accepted currency is souls.
>Those who dream of returning to the outside world are fond of carrying these around.
>>
>>335348804
Dark Souls 1-2-3 sets around the time where all of the Kingdoms are crumbling under the undead curse and everyone becomes undead. The false reality created by the faggot Gwyn who took the Darkness from Humanity prevented them from reaching their full potential, so they lived as worthless peasants in different kingdoms instead of inheriting the World.

Age of Dark is Age of Humanity.
Age of Fire is a false cycle created by gods to prevent Humans from reaching their true selves/undead/immortal selves.
>>
>>335350563
>>335348853
You can give up any time you want and join the discussion
>>
>>335349497

Except for the dozens of items talking about societies faraway and how they deal with the rise of the undead.
>>
>>335350607
Dunno about the other guy but I've nothing of worth to say
>>
>>335350612
And? Where is your source saying those people are normal? They remove undead, they could be as fucked up as undead but not be undead.

>>335350594
>>Even coins of great value in the world of men
The closest thing to a source anyone has provided finally, but all it says is world of men and nothing we've seen about humanity suggest normality.
>>
>>335350582
I have two sources pointing out that the world is both more normal and has people other than undead while you have absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1461451441064.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461451441064.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>335350602
>who took the Darkness from Humanity prevented them from reaching their full potential, so they lived as worthless peasants in different kingdoms instead of inheriting the World.
>Age of Fire is a false cycle created by gods to prevent Humans from reaching their true selves/undead/immortal selves.
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>335350374

Which is why he's worshiped as fucking god, dipshit.

Also, DS3 mentions he might be a fraud.
>>
>>335350687
Men means humanity.
Hu-man. Right there in the word.
>>
File: 1369741608041.gif (2 MB, 375x209) Image search: [Google]
1369741608041.gif
2 MB, 375x209
How would a loli live in the dark souls universe?
>>
>>335350687
>demands a source for others arguments
>wont provide any for his own
>>
>>335350767
They don't. From cuts them from the games at the last moment as an act of mercy.
>>
File: aldia.png (2 MB, 1173x1080) Image search: [Google]
aldia.png
2 MB, 1173x1080
>>335350712
This fucking snake actually works for Gwyndolin, Aldia is the redpilled one
>>
>Anri references children from her village
So is Anri from the past or are there settlements of people living in peace?
>>
File: 1460134916086.png (177 KB, 697x768) Image search: [Google]
1460134916086.png
177 KB, 697x768
I feel like all thise Bullshit of linking fires and stuff could be avoided if they went in it more pragmatically before shit hits the fan and all Kingdoms go completely to shit.

Why does everyone move their asses only when shit is almost destroyed beyond saving?
>>
>>335350689
No you dont, you have Allfather llyod who is a semi god and for all we know similar drone like nights like Gwyn had and a coin that says there are 'men' but not that they are normal.

>>335350725
>Which is why he's worshiped as fucking god, dipshit.
Which proves my point, he isnt a normal person

>Also, DS3 mentions he might be a fraud.
Proves my point even more, Souls lore is purposely contradictory.

>>335350758
No it doesnt, we've seen the effect of humanity multiple times and it is not representative of real world normal life humanity.

Here is the problem with you faggots, you cant tell the difference between fact and theories. Pyromancy is a thing in dark souls, we know this as a fact, how? Its in the game, there are items about it, people explain it.

Point to all those same things for average humans. You cant, because it doesnt exist. There is nothing wrong with having theories that maybe there are normal people but dont pretend you are speaking some truth that normal people DO exist, because you have no proof saying so.
>>
What would YOU do if you were character in Souls' universe?
>>
>>335349497
That's what linking the flame is all about you dumb nigger. In the first game it's explicitly stated that undead are corralled to the north and locked up in the Undead Asylum, because hollows are literally the worst shit ever. You kill them again and again but they keep coming back to fucking murder you and everyone else who only gets one shot.

And on the off chance that someone they kill has been branded with the Dark Sign? They make another ticking timebomb. One that will go off whenever it runs out of the will to live.
>>
>>335350927
That's pretty realistic to be honest.
>>
>>335350823
My "side" is that the dark souls lore does not address whether or not there are normal people and any claim either saying they exist or dont exist is a theory and not fact.

You claim there are normal people, and cant provide proof, you are in the wrong here.
>>
>>335350503
I gave you evidence. Speculation is all we have to go by and you're doing the exact same by assuming the whole world, beyond the undead's places of exile, is shit. Why would Vickert see himself as being in a sorry state in Lordran, after his exile from Vinheim for bearing the undead curse, if Vinheim wasn't a relatively normal place? Why would he suggest he was prosperous there? How could Big Hat Logan, after becoming undead, fall from his place among the "uppity scholars" at Vinheim's sorcery school if there was no organized society to speak of? Why would Balder be specifically mentioned as a kingdom destroyed by the undead, if all other kingdoms were in the same fallen state?
>>
>>335350979
But the implication is that they know it's gonna happen periodically and it happened to several times. If you know a flood is coming at a periodical interval every year you do something about it or at least prepare so far that it doesn't completely fuck you over.
>>
>>335350967
Where is your proof there are normal people

>>335351013
>peculation is all we have to go by and you're doing the exact same by assuming the whole world, beyond the undead's places of exile, is shit.
I never made this claim. Learn to read.

We dont know if normal people exist.

Thats a fact.
>>
>>335350894

Peace is probably a strong word. At the time the games take place, the situation is probably catastrophic elsewhere, but all those societies come exist or have existed at some point before the game.

Carim and Catarina seem to be the most resilient ones, being around since DkS1.
>>
>>335350687
you're being willingly obtuse
>>
>NPC characters are dotted around the world, in sometimes hard to reach places that you only arrive at after killing enemies or difficult bosses
>Therefore it is implied they never die until the part of the game that they are scripted to disappear at
>NPC's are god-tier knights who only die once in the entire world
>>
>>335351091
Resorting to name calling doesn't make you right.

All I want you to realize is that there is no proof there are normal people, and there is no proof there are not normal people. You are speculating there are other lands that are normal, stop pretending its truth.
>>
>>335351069
Because if undead are separated from the regular population, they must be different in some way. Ergo, most of the population is not undead or hollow. In fact, in Dark Souls 3 there is a known kingdom of undead. The simple fact that Londor is singled out as something strange and unique for this is proof enough.
>>
Why is there no Souls game yet based on the Eastern Lands?
They keep adding shit like Onislayer Greatarrows and tease a lot about Eastern Lands but we keep getting Medieval Europe.
>>
>>335350928
>>335351069
The fact that otherwise human people suddenly become undead directly implies that there are other human people out there.
>>
Why would they build their skyscraper cities high up in the mountains anyway?
>>
>>335348804

daed
>>
>>335351192
>they must be different in some way
And? Gwyn and his Knights are different but neither are human.

Do you see any evidence anywhere that people are referred to as normal? No.

>>335351218
No it doesn't, you are speculating again.
>>
>>335349021
yes, i remember Orbeck saying how he was an Assassin of Vinheim and was only kicked out because he went Undead. it is very safe to say that lots of people are still Human and not Hollow yet.
>>
What about things like the painting guardians in Anor Londo? During DS1 they appear to be human, they arent wandering around like hollows and have a set goal theyre trying to achieve?

Also isnt the fact that Anor Londo is mostly in one piece suggestive that at least some degree of "normality" is present within the walls even if there are also suits of autonamous armour and flying demons in the castle. I mean shit just look at the city underneith it looks fine its not perpetually on fire like the undead burg.

By virtue of their being an "undead burg" I also always assumed thats where any people who started to hollow from Anor Londo were kicked out to.
>>
File: 1413375603091.png (307 KB, 559x416) Image search: [Google]
1413375603091.png
307 KB, 559x416
>mfw smouldering lake
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>335351196
Because the jap in charge based dark souls off of western stories that seemed mysterious to him because he couldnt understand them well.
>>
File: 1460136527582.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460136527582.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>335351318
Just run past the worm nigger and go into the Demon Ruins to deactivate the giant bow.
>>
>>335351183

If there's a distinction between the undead and the people who need to be protected from the undead, one can conclude the latter people are not-undead. That is, they are normal unless you pull evidence out of your contrarian ass that they have dicks on their foreheads.
>>
>>335351293
>appear
>looks fine
>assumed
=/= fact
>>
File: 20160423181255_1.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160423181255_1.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
>>335350712
>trust me guys, i'm an angel
>don't you believe in angels?
>>
>>335351196
This. As much as I want to place hope on Ni-oh they will undoubtedly lack Fromsoft's interesting level designs and setting.
>>
>>335351273
What were they before they became undead then?
>>
>>335351318
>>335351382
Or better yet, have the giant bow kill the worm before disabling it.
>>
>>335351423
How? I tried that but all it did was shoot through the Worm and hit me instead.
>>
>>335351183
that's not name calling, you dummy. see now that's name calling

you are arguing by saying "nuh uh" to every piece of evidence because it isn't "definite" whatever that means in the context of a game where lore is told entirely in the form of item descriptions

just quit being an elusive small son and accept the fact that undead are a minority group that no one likes. real human beings are living elsewhere. you have been given tons of evidence to prove this but you're still arguing against it on the basis of "well that's not REAL proof" when there's no proof that everyone is undead either and it's way more heavily implied that yes, undead are a minority
>>
>>335351384
>That is, they are normal
Where. Is. Your. Proof.

There are multiple different types of beings in the Souls universe, and not a single shred of evidence anywhere saying there are normal people who go about their normal lives. You can speculate all you want, there is nothing wrong with that. But stop pretending its fact.

>>335351415
We dont know.
>>
>>335351496
it's a bit difficult but you have to stand quite close to the worm, otherwise it will shoot through it.
>>
>>335351067
its like thousand of years apart, tho
>>
>>335351502
>because it isn't "definite" whatever that means in the context of a game where lore is told entirely in the form of item descriptions
Because its a minimalist story

I dont understand why you are getting so upset over this. Im not saying you cant speculate or theorize on what the rest of the world is like. Im just saying you have no evidence to say there are normal people, so stop pretending its a fact.
>>
>>335351395
Who fucking said anything about facts you nigger 90% of lore in the souls games is interpretation.
>>
>>335351069
What exactly do you mean by "normal" then? Why do you assume all the various kingdoms' knights, smiths, sorcerers, etc. were "fucked up" beings before becoming undead? And what would being "fucked up" entail? Actually, you've already proven you're an idiot in your first post by literally claiming everyone in the series is undead.
>>
Sorry to crash into the thread but some nigga behind a door in the Old Hunters DLC asked me if I heard a bell and I said yes and then he called me a liar.
Did I fuck up? Is that going to tang?
>>
>>335351515

I don't need it. The very nature of the word normal makes it the default assumption unless evidence of a deviation is shown. Now, I get to play your shitty game.

Where is YOUR evidence that the baseline in this universe is not-normal
>>
>>335351293
>What about things like the painting guardians in Anor Londo? During DS1 they appear to be human, they arent wandering around like hollows and have a set goal theyre trying to achieve?

they're probably hollow or nearly so, merely on the basis that they don't ever talk or communicate. hollows still typically remember what they were told to do before they went hollow. that's why every soldier hollow still fights as a soldier, and protects the area they were told to protect. and that's why most random hollows just sit still and cry because that's what they were doing before they went hollow.
>>
>>335351557
>thousand years apart
Says who?
The game makes it sound as if they knew what was happening and when which is why they thought Lothric was gonna be a Lord of Cinder.
>>
>>335351695

It's enough time that kingdoms rose and fell in the area, and the geography changed significantly.
>>
>>335351649
>literally claiming everyone in the series is undead.
Never claimed that.

>What exactly do you mean by "normal" then?
By the same thing you mean by normal, like normal average people who go about their lives, who are not tied to souls or fire or undead. They are not special beings. They are people.

You have no proof they exist, nor any proof they dont.

>>335351665
>The very nature of the word normal makes it the default assumption unless evidence of a deviation is shown
No it doesnt. You are talking about normal in context of real life humanity living in societies that function like our own. There is no proof any of that exists.

>Where is YOUR evidence that the baseline in this universe is not-normal
What evidence do I need to provide for an argument that there is no evidence either way? You already proved my point on this by not having any evidence in the first place.
>>
>>335351279

Yeah there are normal places. Dark Souls 3 is set at the most apocalyptic stage.

What I don't get is how those other prosperous lands react to the age of dark, linking of the fire, dark lords and lords of cinder. Surely they're super fucking powerful. Does everyone in normal places like Astora get fucked over if the fire doesn't get linked?
>>
>>335350961
Masturbate and cry in the corner of Fire Link shrine
Nothing really changes.
>>
god damn its annoying reading these arguments.

literally shut the fuck up, you've been wrong from the start and are just being a bitch about it.
>>
>>335351273
>>335351515
Considering that people from the various kingdoms show up in Lordran and Lothric, the existence of All-father Lloyd's cleric knights, and the description of the Darksign, it's extremely heavily implied.

Consider Dark Souls 3's Darksign for example: "Carriers of the Darksign are reborn after death, and eventually lose their minds, turn Hollow. And so it is they are driven from their homeland." This straight up implies that there are those that do not carry the darksign. If it was as simple as kicking all the humans out of society don't you think they would be gone already BEFORE going undead, when they still have reason?

You are so full of shit it hurts.
>>
>>335351665
>>335351649
>Lore is unclear on many things
>Rather than coming to the conclusion 'we dont know what really goes on' you come to the conclusion "IM RIGHT"
I too think there must be normal people, but thats a theory. There isnt actually anything in game that says there are normal people anywhere or anything, for all we know the world is filled with some sort of other creature that might be considered the 'normal' thing but is not what we would personally consider normal.
>>
>>335351682
Fair point. I always thought of hollowing as a loss of purpose or motivation though based on what happens to other NPCs, and the painting guardians have at least a purpose and maybe motivation. I always just put the fact they never talk down to the fact they're all dressed up like super sneaky ninjas and probably were told to be quiet.
>>
>>335350961
Probably die
>>
>>335351897
>it's extremely heavily implied.
Which doesnt make it fact, its makes it a theory. You are admitting im right in your own argument.

>This straight up implies that there are those that do not carry the darksign.
Who may or may not be normal, or something else entirely.

I dont understand how you cant grasp the difference between facts and theories.
>>
>>335351196
I'd like to see DaS bases on Aboriginal tribal shit. Rainbow Snake would make a great boss fight.
>>
>>335350385
Man this really reminds me of germany, just that Merkel brings them all in instead of shipping them away.
>>
Can anyone tell me what Aldia did, or what he does that makes him so based?

Is he referenced at all in III?
>>
>>335349497
God, fuck off. Remember all those times where other characters in DaS 1 establish that they're undead, and ask whether you're undead? WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO DO THAT IF EVERYONE IS UNDEAD?
>>
File: just like that.jpg (56 KB, 452x552) Image search: [Google]
just like that.jpg
56 KB, 452x552
>>335348804
>>
>>335351597
okay here's the evidence

>sieglinde talks about his dad like he's a weirdo undead, and that his dad is on an undead quest because he's fucking undead. why isn't the rest of the sieg- of catarina family on an undead quest? why is sieglinde only there to get his dad back? because they're not fucking undead
>why is there an undead asylum? why are people sent there if everyone's undead? supposedly, if everyone's undead, what purpose does an undead asylum serve? maybe undead are sent there on their pilgrimage by real humans? hmmm????
>lloyd's talisman item description
>gold coin item description
>petrus treats you like a fucking leper because you're undead
>literally everything about the undead pilgrimage points to the fact that there are normal humans who just want the shitty undead out of sight
>>
>>335351318
>tfw first stumbling upon the crab horde
Fuck you from
Is there anything good back there?
>>
>>335351515
>>335351807
>and not a single shred of evidence anywhere saying there are normal people who go about their normal lives.
Not him, but at least in DaS2 you can see hollowed farmers / miners. Sure, none of the kingdoms are completely "normal" due to all sorts of magic shit going on, but there's obviously regular peasants too and the existence of Undead asylums, Undead hunts, living quarters etc. imply there's regular people who go
>REEEEEEEEEEE, UNDEAD GET OUT

However the point at which all the games take place implies that pretty much all the kingdoms are crumbling due to the curse, and how stable the "outside" world is right now isn't fleshed out. When the Fire is relinked the Undead curse is said to subside and human societies rebuild themselves.

>like normal average people who go about their lives, who are not tied to souls or fire or undead.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. All the people eventually get the Darksign and go hollow if the flames die out, as mindless hollowing is humanity's original / natural state. However I think what the other anon wants to argue that there is / was human societies full of normies (who don't YET bear the Darksign).
>>
>>335352101
Im not claiming everyone is undead, im claiming there is no evidence 'normal' people exist.

Huge difference.
>>
>>335351897
>>335352047
Isn't siegmeyer's daugher from DaS1 a human?
>>
>>335352047
why don't you jump out of a fucking window since gravity is only a theory you gibbering mongoloid
>>
File: 1460887602478.jpg (141 KB, 612x586) Image search: [Google]
1460887602478.jpg
141 KB, 612x586
>>335352169
What's your definition of normal? You are basically jumping around on semantics and for you people that are tied to the flame aren't really normal people. Pretty sure you are just trolling around at this point anon.
>>
>>335352047
What are you trying to prove?
>>
>>335352152
>Speculation
>Baseless assumption that those who are not undead are normal
>Not evidence either way
>Not evidence either way
>Speculation
>Speculation
You are having a lot of issues telling the difference from fact and theories
>>
Speaking of all things undead, if you use a stone to cure the hollowing, do you lose the free levels aswell?
>>
>>335352157
Those crabs are harder to kill for me than any boss. Never managed to kill even one of them and so i always try to avoid them.
>>
>>335352119
DEY SEE ME PRAYING, DEY HATING
>>
>>335352263
i give up

you are either autistic, trolling or a retard
>>
>they haven't read the comic

plebs. All of you.
>>
>>335352158
But there is still no evidence of normal people existing.

>>335352187
Again, no evidence of that.

>>335352215
Resorting to name calling, nice.
>>
>>335352293
I kill one, he dropped Nothing. Never bothered again.
>>
>>335352047
You remind me of a fat fuck from years ago in my class that was just as annoying as you.
Are you wearing a fedora by chance?
>>
>>335352259
That there is no evidence normal people exists and there is no evidence that normal people dont exist.

Its very simple.

>>335352241
Its not semantics at all, you know what a human is, you are one. People keep claiming the world is filled with normal people doing normal lives who live normally and there is no evidence anywhere this ever happens.

>>335352329
You give up because you know you're wrong.
>>
>>335352047
Just because it's not outright stated doesn't mean it's worthless information. What don't you get about this?

The fact that you dismiss out of hand the Gold Coin item description is proof enough you're retarded.
>>
>>335351405
>>335350712
Damn, I've spent 100 hours in Dark Souls 3 already and I never noticed these Primordial Serpent statues, where are they located? Lothric Castle?
>>
>>335352169
THERES PLENTY OF FUCKING EVIDENCE YOU CUNT. What you mean is Miazaki didnt sit down with you in a 1-on-1 interview and draw you a map of where all the humans live in the Souls universe.
>>
>>335352282
>if you use a stone to cure the hollowing, do you lose the free levels aswell?
No, but don't do it until you've gotten all 5 from Yoel, as him giving the free levels is dependent on your hollowing level. After you've gotten those and Yuria has spawned you can freely cure hollowing with stones or Velka statue, but NOT cure the Dark Sigil at Firekeeper if you want the Hollow Lord ending.
>>
>>335352342
your idea of argumentation is acting obtuse and disingenuous to the point that everyone calls you the dumbass you are and then you claim moral victory because of that
>>
>>335352397
>more name calling
Seriously, this shit is so basic, how are you not grasping it.

There is no evidence something exists, there is some shreds of information that suggest it might, the theory is that people exist.

But there is no truth that normal people DO exist.
>>
>>335352418
Yeah, the archives mainly i think.
>>
>>335351807
I gave you the example of the land of Vinheim. DS1's item descriptions, and Rickert of Vinheim's dialogue, suggest it has an organized society, with prosperous large-scale production (smithing, spellcrafting, etc.) and an upper class at least partly made up of members at the Dragon School. This is what I would consider "normal" in a fantasy setting. Rickert lamented both his own and Big Hat Logan's fall from this society, exiled after becoming undead. So, in addition to implying Vinheim has an organized society, Rickert recognized an explicit decline in his condition after his exiling, obviously implying Vinheim is not in a condition comparable to places of undead exile like Lordran. I also gave you Balder as an example of a kingdom "ruined" by the undead, implying other kingdoms exile their undead to avoid the same fate.
>>
>>335352085
He was one of the chosen ones that decided to ignore his destiny to link the fire and instead researched cures for it, that's why there are items in 2 that can cure the curse.
>>
>>335348804
All the shitflinging in this thread aside, I do think normal people used to exist and where able to get by but not anymore.
DS3 makes it sound like as if the linking of the flame has been going on for aeons, all the already ancient beings from the first game have long faded into legend or have been outright forgotten about.

Everything that used to deal with undead or hollows has gone mad and turned into mindless husk themselves, everywhere you go you run into literal zombies and even the few people around Firelink die off or just disappear.

So I don't think there's anything left except hollows and undead. Which is why the Ursurpation of the Flame is the only ending making any kind of sense.

Who is there left who would benefit from the linking, the abyss zombies, the empty armors, the husks praying to impaled people in Lothric?
>>
>>335352438
No there isnt, you havnt even provided any, or when it was provided failed to prove it showed normal humans existed.

>>335352456
If I was wrong you would be able to prove me wrong.

The fact is you cant, because you have no evidence to your claim that normal people exist.
>>
File: 1449762477778.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
1449762477778.png
602 KB, 963x720
>>335352407
Have you ever been in a DOTA vs League thread by any chance?
>>
>>335352542
>>The fact is you cant, because you have no evidence to your claim that normal people exist.
i do but you are saying "nuh uh" and acting like that is enough to nullify its relevance

stop posting please
>>
>>335352470
Nice, they are creepy as fuck 2bh. Aren't they somewhat running things from the shadows? Why would there be open statues dedicated to them?

>mfw I unironically wana see some jewtubers lore vid on this
>>
>>335352512
>land of Vinheim. DS1's item descriptions, and Rickert of Vinheim's dialogue,
None of which has anything to say that normal humans exist.

They suggest things that may be, but are not out right truths. People may or may not exist, thats all.
>>
>>335348804
The games are set in times and places where everything has gone to shit. Most of the time it's generic high fantasy until the fire starts fading and undead pop up again. So 90% of the time I suppose they get by fine. And then 10% of the time they don't get by at all.
>>
>>335352569
It's my natural habitat.
>>
>>335352263
>Speculation
1+1=2
IF YOU JUST SEE THIS 1 AND ANOTHER 1 HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT´S 2.
>>
>>335350351
Lords of cinder are the guys who've relinked the fire in the past. There's chosen Undead, Ludleth, Yhorm, Aldritch, Lothric and Abyss Watchers. Would have been a few thousand years between each one.
>>
>>335349472
Only eastern ones. Most wRPGS (at least the classic ones) have towns that are more than capable of defending themselves against most random critters. You could check Underrail for example because towns there are really well protected.
>>
>>335351807

>No it doesnt. You are talking about normal in context of real life humanity living in societies that function like our own. There is no proof any of that exists.

And where is YOUR evidence that it doesn't exist?

>What evidence do I need to provide for an argument that there is no evidence either way? You already proved my point on this by not having any evidence in the first place.

That just means you have no point. There's plenty of circumstantial evidence to indicate that people living in societies, who are distinct from the undead and are in danger when they arise, exist. No indication is given that these people fall out of the baseline for different reasons than being undead. They're not undead, and they're not said to posses any special traits. The game is constructed with the human species as very central to its universe. Also, this being a narrative, and not the account of an experiment, there's no need to explicitly state that the people in it fall under an age range and that they are normal because that is assumed in discourse (by non-autists, not by you, because you're a retard. Yes, I'm name-calling faggot, choke on a dick). Therefore, it is a VERY strong hypothesis that there are normal people in the universe of dark souls.

Whereas your agnostic position hinders the comprehension of the narrative and makes absolutely no sense in regards to how these societies exist(ed) and what would make them different from normal, but not undead. It's the position of a kid who found it cool when he heard on youtube that science is willing to admit that it doesn't know and thought that willful ignorance is the same as that.

Now, fuck off.
>>
>>335352630
i no longer feel disdain for you, only pity. you are seriously mentally ill. seek help.
>>
>>335352542
So numerous references to and implications of, and fuck even meeting some normal humans constitutes NO evidence for normal humans existing?

You've come too far to be wrong now haven't you? You're just going to put your fingers in your ears and scream till this thread goes away.
>>
>>335352621
Iv never once dismissed anything anyone has said in this thread, iv just addressed it.

Just because you dont like the outcome of that doesnt change anything.

You made the claim normal people exist, I asked for proof, you cant provide any.

>>335352704
>And where is YOUR evidence that it doesn't exist?
For the fourth time, I am not saying normal people does not exist.

I am saying there is no evidence that normal people do or dont exist. Its entirely speculation.
>>
File: 1452936975013.png (145 KB, 387x722) Image search: [Google]
1452936975013.png
145 KB, 387x722
Someone explain to me how not linking the fire works in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>335352438
Not him, but I think I see what he's saying. People keep posting evidence of "human" society outside the game world but humans in the game don't match up to humans in real life, humans in the game are associated with darkness, decay and the abyss, so it's all interpretation when it comes to whether or not there are average medieval societies outside the game worlds just going about their daily lives.
>>
File: 1452153829393.png (345 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
1452153829393.png
345 KB, 523x592
>>335352661
>>
>>335350927
Basically the entire premise of Dark Souls 3. The world was about to turn to shit, the bell tolls to summon the great lords that are meant to link the fire.

They go hell naw, I ain't burning up in some kiln for all eternity, and then they fuck off to their respective places.

The bell then sounds a second time and it wakes up all the unkindled.
>>
>>335351232
Cause that's where the duke's archives were and the lothric royal bloodline has dragon blood in them
>>
I'm 38 hours in and i just killed the Pontiff, how much more do i have? It feels like i'll never finish it and people are already at NG++.
>>
>>335351807
"The Old Iron King led his best men on Undead hunts, but their memories were purged in rebirth."
Rest of Set: "The very men who were ordered to hunt down the Undead were themselves hollowed, and founded a kingdom of bone."

from the bone king set, if truly alive people didnt exist then there would be no need for undead hunts and these men would not have fallen to the undead curse, the old iron king we can assume to be above average or even godly but you cannot deny that the 'human' skeletons along side the undead kings were not at one point very alive people ressurected by the bone kings dark magic, who were also men
>>
>>335352679
Forgot to add that of course there are Eastern RPGs with well defended cities, it's just not as common there.
>>
File: whatashame.png (354 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
whatashame.png
354 KB, 760x572
>>335351515
>Where. Is. Your. Proof.
Anon, I have a harsh world lesson for you:
99.99999 times out of a hundred, there is no such thing as proof. There is only evidence.

How much evidence you need before you believe something varies from person to person. Usually it's around the point where the evidence FOR something outweighs the evidence against it. Your best bet to "prove" that they're incorrect is to present more evidence against what they're claiming than the evidence that they're using to make the claim. If you can't do that, then all you're doing is arguing semantics.

>>335352047
>>it's extremely heavily implied.
>Which doesnt make it fact
You're acting like the claim that he's incorrect is an indisputable fact, but it's not. It's just another claim that you've shown nothing to support.
The other anon has implications from multiple games to back up his claim. It doesn't make it fact, no, but nor does it make what you said fact. What do you have to back up your suggestion that he's incorrect?
>>
>>335352629
The prince does not want to link the fire according to his dialogue when you enter the bossfight. So he could be a Kaithe lover.
>>
>>335352719
Thats nice and all, but the one having a hard time grasping something as simple as fact vs theories is you.

>>335352725
>So numerous references to and implications of, and fuck even meeting some normal humans constitutes NO evidence for normal humans existing?
No, they suggest normal people may exist, but they are not conclusive.

>>335352764
FINALLY someone gets it.
>>
IF THE DARK SIGIL DOESN'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT
>>
>>335352780
Quite a ways to go. halfway-ish if you haven't gone down to Yhorm.
>>
>>335352760
You mean not doing it? When you go to the final room where you are able to link the fire you just turn around, go away and get the alternative ending.
>>
>>335352757
>you can't provide any
Dismissing evidence doesn't make it not exist, anon. It just makes you a fuckwit.
>>
I wish that from had stayed with the concept of being a phantom as it was in demons souls rather than the curse of the undead which is a poor explanation of game mechanics and is kind of contradictory. I miss phantoms, they were cool.
>>
File: door.jpg (160 KB, 653x1088) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
160 KB, 653x1088
>>335352769
>>
>>335350712
But frampt is the one lying to you
>>
>>335349076
Which is why I like The Witcher 3.

Hundreds of mundane villages where a handful of monsters showing up is cause enough to declare an infestation and call on a professional to kill them off.
>>
>>335352824
Men may or may not mean normal humans. We've seen dark souls humanity and its nothing like real humanity.

>>335352854
>99.99999 times out of a hundred, there is no such thing as proof. There is only evidence.
That is absolutely incorrect.

>You're acting like the claim that he's incorrect is an indisputable fact, but it's not. It's just another claim that you've shown nothing to support.
Hes claiming normal people exist, there are shreds of evidence they might exist, but nothing conclusive

The only logical outcome here is that we cant say they do or dont.
>>
>>335352854
He doesn't have anything, he just wants to desperately cling to the idea that he's right. Don't shatter his frail ego
>>
>>335352889
Then how do people finish the whole game in 22h? I dont even get stuck on bosses for hours, i just explore stuff.
>>
>>335352893
Thats why I explicitly argued why those bits of evidence you provided were not relevant. I dismissed nothing.

>>335352997
What desperation? You havnt proven normal people exist.
>>
>>335352972
Both frampt and kaathe are lying to you. That's the point, they're serpents, they lie. You can't trust either of them.
>>
>>335351405

Hahaha that's creepy as hell
>>
>>335352259
Nothing he said is actually wrong. I don't have a dog in the race. He's simply taking the skeptic/"agnostic" (if you will) approach whereby without being presented hard, absolute, certain evidence TO YOUR FACE, the only way you can "know" something is by giving good will to the person or thing telling you it, information gathering, etc; but all of which are purely second-hand and are otherwise unproven by virtue of it being something that can't necessarily be proven. So you're stuck in the, "it could, but it also could not" territory which is a perfectly reasonable middleground, but platformist faggots who NEED to take an A or B stance can't handle it. They can't handle that someone wants to be reasonable rather than picking the evidence they like the most and running with that team.

I will liken it to water: we all "know" that water is H2O because a high authority told you that and you accepted it based on their merits. But at that point any high authority can tell you anything and you will run with it so long as you don't ever bother to find out first-hand for yourself. Most people don't have the knowledge or time or instruments to break down water into its separate elements to verify what they have been told, but everyone rolls with it and it is what is accepted so it "must be true". But beneath all of that, quite honestly it can't actually be known to you unless you've done or seen it yourself, for anything less than that is just taking suggestive information on good faith that the teller is honest as well.

Now you don't have to agree with this skepticism stance either, but it should give you some direction or insight or reasoning as to where it comes from.
>>
>>335350351
It's an unknown amount of time after 2, but in the same area 1 took place in (2 is now confirmed to take place somewhere close by to but not in Lordran).
>>
>>335352873
>>Thats nice and all, but the one having a hard time grasping something as simple as fact vs theories is you.
it's a god dman video game it doesnt fucking exist the devs wrote all this shit to say that theres normal humans still living around lordran and lothric but youre just arguing the semantical meaning of the platonic ideal of truth in the context of a childrens video game with an entirely fabricated story when no one else is and holy shit what the fuck are you doing this for
>>
>>335348804
I was always under the impression that everyone in Dark Souls was dead and the whole world was just abandoned ancient ruins where monsters, the odd hero and the undead roamed.
>>
>>335352983
ok then, if you truly believe that normal human society does not exist, what about in Das 1 opening cutscene were it shows your character getting buried as he had died, also if you reverse your hollowing you actually appear to be human, so unhollowed people must be human as we know not every person has the dark sign
>>
>>335352375
if you killed both you got a ring for pyromancy
>>
>>335353037
They play it at a different pace with different weapons.
And the definition of complete isn't to 100% it.
>>
>>335353056
You didn't argue shit. You just said "irrelevant, lol" like the dismissive faggot you are.
>>
>>335351067
Probably no one believes this shit, it's an old phropecy. Like apocalypse - no one prepares right now and everyone will freak out when Sun becomes a Red giant and burns life on Earth

Normal people -> some of them become undead -> they know what undead have to do -> they send them to the first flame -> undead links the Flame -> people become normal again
>>
>>335352983
>there are shreds of evidence they might exist, but nothing conclusive
And there's zero evidence to suggest they don't. Meanwhile, why would somebody call you "undead" if there aren't living people around?
>>
>>335350351
It's presumably an extremely long time after Das1, thousands to tens of thousands of years presumably.
>>
How do normal people live during an apocalypse?
>>
This is honestly the aspect of dark souls and demons souls that interests me the most. Id love to see a visual novel following any of the chatacters and thier lives before becoming undead. And then it ends with then journeying to their undead pilgrimage. It would be fucking great. I feel like you can appreciate a dystopian setting more if you see what came before it after experiencing it.
>>
>>335353101
>the devs wrote all this shit to say that theres normal humans still living around lordran and lothric
No they didnt, again, where is your proof.

>>335353108
>ok then, if you truly believe that normal human society does not exist
I never said that, I said there is no evidence either way.

>>335353154
No I didnt, re-read what I wrote

>>335353167
>And there's zero evidence to suggest they don't.
Which doesnt mean the opposite is true
>>
>>335353196
One day at a time I guess. Try to make the most of the time you have left.
>>
>>335352983
we see in Das 1 that your character is buried as they had died, and we do know that not everyone has the darksign and becomes hollow therefore when we reverse hollowing we appear to be human, so those with out the dark sign would appear the same as an unhollowed undead therefore being human, unless you really want to pull the "ahh but they can use soul magic and can make their hands afire so clearly they are not normal" charade
>>
File: 1460897240170.jpg (9 KB, 293x125) Image search: [Google]
1460897240170.jpg
9 KB, 293x125
>>335353232
>>
>>335352757

Yes, and I'm saying your position of "we don't know" is useless and uniformed. By putting the position of "we don't know" in opposition to "there's evidence of normal people" you're essentially saying that no normal people exist (antonymy is created by context). Which is a hard to defend position because you're left with the gap to explain what makes the people who are not undead not normal. This is also the problem with your claim that there is not evidence, since you just say know to the evidence presented, while doing nothing to reinforce the opposite, far more convoluted position.

If you were truly trying to get across that that we can't know with absolute certainty, all you need to do is shut the fuck up, because we're all aware that this is only a (STRONG) hypothesis.
>>
What if every npc in the series is a liar and they along with all item descriptions weaved a giant web of lies to cover up the fact that humans do not exist?
>>
>>335353232
your existence definitely proves that god doesn't exist
>>
>>335352942
I think it makes perfect sense. It explainss why you can't die and why only you can "kindle the flame." If you woke up one day in a prison, undead, in a hostile terrritory, wouldnt you do anything to escape? In DS1 at least, the protagonist does it because he hopes that kindling the flame would make him normal again.

The story behind DS2 is a little bit worse, cant speak for DS3 as I havent had the time to play much yet.

Also, why cant we discuss the games we love without arguing like 6 year olds? Why do ppl here get so angry when somebody understands the game differently? (i dont speak about you)
>>
>>335351405
I want a kaathe convenant where I slowly become a primordial serpent.
>>
>>335353263
But there is no evidence they are normal people, for all we know they are something else entirely, or not, there is no evidence either way.

>>335353296
Its not useless. Im not stopping you from having theories or speculating, Im just saying you shouldnt keep saying something is a fact when it isnt.
>>
>>335353232
where is the proof that there are definitely no normal humans around
>>
>>335352407

>>335349250

Kek

If you're trying to say that the people in DaS aren't normal in the sense that they don't have the same day to day lives as us, then WOW. UR SO CLEV
>>
File: 1460149073711.jpg (51 KB, 540x463) Image search: [Google]
1460149073711.jpg
51 KB, 540x463
>>335352342
>Coins are used as currency in non-undead human societies
>living quarters for people and hollows
>farmers and miners, who are now hollowed
>Undead roundups, meaning there's a clear distinction between Undead and Non-Undead (or those who haven't received the curse yet)
>Undead Asylums where the Darksign bearers are hauled to, because those who are not yet cursed don't want to mingle with insane and hostile hollows
>many NPCs in the game treat sorceries / miracles / pyromancy / soul arts as something special or profane, i.e. not something that your Everyday Joe can easily learn

>"no evidence"

What the fuck is your definition of "normal people". Sure, mankind as a whole in this universe is special due to their ties to the Fire, Dark Soul and the fact they originated from mindless hollows, but everything, even the Fire being relinked is described as causing souls to flourish again and the Undead curse to subside, with new kingdoms being rebuilt after the linking and crumbling again when the Fire starts to fade. The very fact that you can see the ruined world alludes to the fact that there were "regular" people alive at some point.

What is up to debate however, is the current state of societies outside the game world. The protagonist of Dark Souls 1 was clearly hauled to the Undead Asylum because of the Darksign, but there's no way to tell if there's any big, proper and functioning human societies left at the point when the games start.
>>
I bet this guy thinks people turn into spaghetti when he closes his eyes because he can't find proof they don't.

What does he think people not in Lordran do?
>>
>>335353372
There isnt any, just as there isnt any that there are normal humans.

>>335353413
Again, iv addressed all of that, and again, doesnt prove there are any normal humans.
>>
>>335352873
>Speculation about details not explicitly stated by the game will always be inconclusive
Congratulations if that was your point. But what evidence we DO have clearly suggests your own speculation/assumption (that no "normal" civilization exists in the DS universes) is PROBABLY false.
>>
>>335353063
I don't think anyone here doesn't know what he's doing or thinking. But taking an agnostic approach in this situation is literally retarded. Instead of someone trying to give you the ultimate truth of the universe that you must follow or be punished forever, this is a game designer telling a story in a non-traditional indirect way. I understand it's got his autism all flared up because he's viewing it as more important than he should be, but Miyazaki and his team have literally no reason to lie to us in the item descriptions, or elsewhere.

Now he can masturbate over how enlightened he is, that's fine. But he's going to get treated like the chuuni fuck he is when he bares his mad auts to the world, as he has done.
>>
>>335353232
well i have provided evidence that you have yet to disprove (the burial) that implies a regular human society, also the way of white guy who betrays everyone from Das 1 said he was alive and he did appear human where the only other subspecies are giants and undead,ashen,hollowed etc. so theres that.
>>
What year does DS take place in?
>>
>>335353304
Then why is there something called humanity?

Checkmate atheists.
>>
If there's one thing this thread makes me realize it's that I'm getting really sick of the souls series. It's starting to reach critical mass of obscurity, too much information is undisclosed. I still wish that instead of DaS2 and 3 we got new IP. I didn't need to see the conclusion of the dark souls story and the conclusion I did get was remarkably underwhelming and didn't tell me anything that I didnt already know.
>>
>>335353449
yeah but where is your proof of that there is no proof that there are no normal humans?

proof needed, friend
>>
>>335353167
His entire contigency was based around the fact that someone said "normal" people and societies. Everything he's responded to has been, rhetorically
>yes they sure could exist, but nothing states that they are "normal"

You are synonymizing different terms and concepts rather than reacting to the terms used by their dictionary definitions. Sure, there could be living things elsewhere. It's probably guaranteed. But whether or not these places or people or things are (or are still) "normal" was the topic of debate, and any supposed normality can't really be proven (or disproven) because there's nothing to go by.

But REALLY, he's telling you fags to just accept what you're doing as theorizing. There's nothing wrong with theorizing, but without the ability to prove (or disprove), it can NOT be presented as fact, so stop doing that.

Just read. Read the words. Don't read half of it and supplant it with the thing you want to argue/argue for. But read your opponent's words and respond to it accordingly. Stop synonymizing different concepts. READ. Words have individual meaning. Stop conflating them.

Read.
>>
>>335353520
It's a lie that every single being int he Souls universe is in on, it's all a big trick. Doesn't that make sense to you?
>>
>>335353468
>But what evidence we DO have clearly suggests your own speculation/assumption (that no "normal" civilization exists in the DS universes) is PROBABLY false.
Thats all I was saying. There is no fact that normal humans exist, only speculation.

Thank you for finally understanding.

>>335353474
And? Burials dont mean humans, undead get buried as well.

>>335353541
There isnt any, thats the point.
>>
>>335348804

Poorly. See, the world is dying and the First Flame is going out. Everything is rotting and decaying.

What does this mean? Well, it means that all humans who are alive are going to die. This is pretty bad, but it's not the worst thing that can happen: After they die, they rise as Undead. Then they go Hollow, and kill everyone else before sinking into unmoving despair or insanity.

Basically, by the time of each game, people are dying en masse. There are no humans left (or very few) just Undead, Hollows, and the Gods.

Hell, I'll point out that the Undead/Hollows are immortal. They only 'die' because you absorb their souls. If you didn't, they'll just get back up a little crazier than before.
>>
What about the flashback to the war between Vendrick and the giants? Society seemed pretty normal and human in those scenes apart from the giant battles.
>>
>>335353196
How did they live during the age of fire? My impression is pretty much like Berzerk.
>>
>>335353108
>if you truly believe that normal human society does not exist

>does not exist during the time that Dark Souls games take place
fixed. It's possible that there was human society, but that doesn't mean that there are any living normal humans left

>>335352983
>That is absolutely incorrect.
How? The only thing we can really claim there's proof for are scientific laws, and if you compare those to everyday claims then they're only an extremely small fraction. Even legally speaking, Fingerprints don't prove you've been somewhere, fingerprints can be copied, and objects you may have touched can be moved to a different location. Even a confession doesn't prove that someone did something. In 250 cases where DNA evidence later cleared someone convicted guilty, 40 of those cases had false confessions.
>>
>>335352764

> humans in real life

Then he's a complete fucking idiot. No one is claiming there are normal real life humans in the in-game universe. We're claiming that the there are normal (for the in game universe) people elsewhere in the game. That a few of them can cast magic or that none of them would know what an iPhone is, is something we all understand due to contextual information and that wouldn't detract from their normalcy in the game world.

It would be like claiming there are no characters from the game in the real world, a true, but absolutely irrelevant statement.
>>
>>335353625
DaS2 story is retconned, sorry anon.
>>
>>335353629
Im not going to get into this pointless semantic argument about real life 'knowledge'

Souls lore is set in stone, and there is no proof either way of normal people.
>>
>>335353584
When you cure hollowing in Das2 you turn into normal person. Seems pretty obvious that people not undead are normal people.
>>
They don't.
They've all died by the time you get there. Dark Souls always puts you in at the end of an Age, where everything's fucked and undead.
>>
>>335353584
>>There isnt any, thats the point.
prove to me that there isn't any proof though? you still haven't provided any proof of that
>>
>>335353686
Still a few callbacks in Das3. I count it, just not as a major event in the universe.
>>
>>335350881

Aldia is basically a MGTOW, though. Since humanity is directly linked to the Curse of Undeath, his solution is "I'll stop being human."

This is why you get 0 souls for fighting him. He doesn't even die.
>>
>>335353567
we clearly see in the Das1 cutscene that a man is buried, his darksign activates and he is brought to the undead asylum. the way of white guy Petrus of Thorolund claims to be a livng guy and appears to be human implies that civilised life outside of lodran does indeed exist.
>>
>>335353686
It's not retconned at all and there's nothing indicating as such.

There's even stuff from 2 in 3 so it wasn't completely dismissed.
>>
>tfw you will never sperg this hard
>>
>>335353705
>normal person
You are a monster that eats souls. That isnt normal.

>>335353758
I see what you're trying to do and it wont work. You claimed there are normal people can failed to show evidence
>>
File: 20160422192641_1.jpg (783 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160422192641_1.jpg
783 KB, 2560x1440
>>335348804

I've been thinking about that too, looking at all the buildings. Would be nice to see the world before shit went bad for once, like the RE4 ending credits showing the villagers.
>>
Has it ever been mentioned whether the undead curse is contagious or something that just happens to people for no apparent reason?
>>
>hollowing is what happens when you lose your mind from eternal life and a lack of direction
>here's a society of fully functioning so called hollows called londor lol turns out it has nothing to do with losing your mind and everything to do with LOOKING SPOOKY
>>
>>335353686

You can say it as many times as you'd like, but that won't make it true.
>>
>>335348804
>yfw the undead curse is like the bubonic plague but it lasts for fucking centuries/millenniums

Dark Souls is suffering
>>
dude what if we're all like bugs in some machine program xDDD we can never know tho!!! XDDD
>>
File: 1461409743866.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461409743866.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
>>335353686
It's not. While DaS3 doesn't really lift as much plot stuff from DaS2 as it does from DaS1, there's nothing implying that DaS2 stopped being canon at any point. Nothing contradicting.
>>
>>335353567
>without the ability to prove (or disprove), it can NOT be presented as fact, so stop doing that.
This isn't how people carry on a discussion though.

People don't say "I think that _____" every single fucking sentence. They also don't say something like "______ is 100% factually true" every sentence.

There's more to having a discussion than reading and interpreting everything literally.
>>
>>335353781
>implies
As a theory, not a fact.

>>335353798
A debate isnt 'sperging' anon
>>
>>335353835

It's not contagious. Simply put, every human will become Undead eventually when the First Flame begins to die.

Remember, the natural state of humanity is the Hollow. They are simply turning back into Hollows.
>>
I don't want to make a thread for a simple question, so I'll ask here.

I have started DaS1. Beat the Minotaur, now I have enough souls to raise Faith to 12 and buy Health. Should I spend all my souls on that right now?
>>
>>335353810
>>I see what you're trying to do and it wont work. You claimed there are normal people can failed to show evidence
i'm waiting for the proof
>>
>>335353810
>You are a monster that eats souls. That isnt normal.
The player character doesn't eat souls. They can't do anything with them without outside help, be it a bonfire, a spell or a waifu.
>>
>>335353785
There's some items here and there but their significance is greatly diminished. For instance, wolnir has the crown that's formed from the king crowns but it's like whatever at this point. None of it matters, particularly that throne of want garbage.
>>
>>335353820
I piss bolted through that area because too many knights. What did I miss? Place looked awesome.
>>
>>335349790
motherfucking Sieglinde is normal in DS1, they explicitly say she doesn't have the Undead Curse and that she can be killed like normal people.

fucking like a billion items talk about how kingdoms that have undead did shit like send them to asylums, hunt them, or torture them in the woods as ways of dealing with them.
>>
>>335353353

>Its not useless. Im not stopping you from having theories or speculating, Im just saying you shouldnt keep saying something is a fact when it isnt.

We're not in a university, anon. No one is going to preface every sentence with "It is strongly suggested that" in order to avoid a scathing article being written against him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.