[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DaS3 lore thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
I literally don't know what the fuck is going on this game.

You're undead, but you're also unkindled, and that's different because you use embers and never lose your humanity, but you still have a darksign. Now, hollows come from Londor, which is presumably New Londo or something like that and serve Kaathe. Which is wierd, because they usually collect humanity, meaning they should be anything BUT hollows.

And the Lords of Cinder kindled the flame, but they're not part of the Soul of Cinder for some reason. In the end you can either become a Dark Lord, link the flame or do some whack shit and usurp it.

Also there's a dark Firelink shrine, Gwyndolin got fucking eaten, there's something called the Deep which is like the abyss only like a sea too, and hollows turn into trees that turn into butterflies that do who the fuck knows what.

So yeah, lore thread?
>>
>>335242132
I stillhavnt figured out dark firelink
>>
Wackity schmackity doo.

From is just making things up as they go along.
>>
>>335242132
>hollows turn into trees
I noticed all the hollows turned into trees were praising like the undead surrounding it.

My question is why does the first boss turn into a dragon halfway?
>>
>>335242132
3v1 and seeded, hiding in irythil. Wish me luck guys.
>>
>>335242132
An unkindled as I understand it is like a super undead. Only coming out when needed.

The Lords of Cinder should be part of the First Flame but they refuse to go which is why you hunt them down.

Endings are pretty straight forward

Dark Firelink is a vision of the world where The Unkindled didn't make it in time, see Gyunder.

Deep is the Abyss .Aldritch just envisioned water instead of Darkness.

Don't know about the butterflies probably just look cool.
>>
>>335244286
Like the bird from the first game that ended the tutorial area? Not a dragon.
>>
>>335242132
The embers look like burning humanity so it could be that all of the dark soul has been linked to fire by this stage.

In the opening cinematic someone wearing the firelink armor is kneeling and having cinders scattered over them. Are character mimics this position after we've collected all the cinders of the lords.

Sullyvahn wrongfully declared himself pontiff and had Gwyndolin consumed and imprisoned Yorshka who claims she is Gwyndolin's sister.

Oceiros is probably flame god Flann, Gwynevere's husband. The twin princes are theie sons along with Ocelotte, their youngest child.

The Grand Archives pose the biggest questions. There's weird statues of a robbed primordial serpent about the place and further up there's a bird cage that the Queen's maiden was imprisoned in for her worship of the angels. The blue knights worshiped the angels so they may have assaulted lothric castle in order to free Gertrude.
>>
>>335244061
Dark Firelink is the real Firelink
Champion Gundyr was originally a Lord of Cinder, but the little guy went back in time and usurped the title from him so the Fire could be linked.
>>
>>335246379
nice thoughts anon please accept my tight upvote
>>
>>335242132
I don't think having the fire keeper remove the first flame results in you becoming a dark lord. The fire keeper says that it will end the linking of the fire. While she states that your grand betrayal will be a secret between the two of you Ludleth knows what you intend. He was close to the fire keeper whose soul you can find in the tower. He'll tell you that he saw the world without fire and chose to link the flame instead. But regardless of your decision he encourages you to make a choice of your own volition. Killing him at different stages in the game nets you different dialogue, one in which he's reliving the act of linking the flame and another in which he'talking to someone and says that whatever it is it isn't his fault.

The Ghru in Farron Keep are descendants of the Abyss watcher acolytes I think. The thinks on their heads look like the heads of the Oolacile townsfolk and their beastly appearance might be because of the wolf's blood that runs through the Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>335242132
Was dark souls 2s story significant at all
>>
>>335248597
Only the stuff With Aldia really. The Throne was just the first flame. But the idea of Aldia discovering the true nature of the Undead Curse and Vendrick and the Bearer of the Curse attempting to find a cure for it has interesting implications on the series that show up in DaS3
>>
>>335244286

They also praise those dead dragons so...

Maybe those tree hollows > Butterflies > Dragons?
>>
>>335242132
Nameless King is unquestionable Gywn's first born, the namelss god of war. He may have mentored Ornstein, and when the gods left Anor Londo Ornstein sought out his old mentor in Archdragon Peak for a final duel. His equipment aalong with his spear can be found on a body right after the fight.

Dark firelink may be us walking into another time. I don't agree with the theory that the hub is an illusion, I haven't seen anything proving that. The Gundyr here was meant to be a champion of ash, but he arrived too late. It could be that this is the past and this is Gundyr at his true strength. His armour says that he was defeated by an unknown warrior, likely the player character. Gundyr did wish to see the fire linked though. This is an awful lot like the Giant Lord situation from Dark Souls 2.

Emma, the high priestess of lothric castle may be deceiving us or attempting to throw us off when we first meet her. She tells us that we will not find the Lords of Cinder here. Lothric isn't mentioned in the beginning cutscene, either because he was the most recent lord to link the flame or because the royal family, particularly Emma wish to divert attention from him. She was his wet nurse after all.

The profaned flame is something I wish there was more lore on. It sounds like the sky went on fire, kind of like the eclipse we see near the end.
>>
>>335247595
good catch the ghru spear confirms they are

Only thing I have to contribute is a theory from another thread that Ludleth is a soulfeeder though I don't know how that would fit into the bigger picture.

I'm currently wondering why there are Cathedral Knights in Oceiros' Garden and that thing OP mentioned about why the Lords of Cinder aren't part of the Soul of Cinder is a good question too.
>>
>>335249863
A mushroom just like Elizabeth can be found in the swamp, right of where you first enter the area. Farron Keep is what became of Darkroot.

Ludleth being a soulfeeder is a possibility. The more souls someone attains means they're better kindling for the first flame. Ludleth also begs for forgiveness from an unknown party in one of his dialogues and says he is not to blame.

The soul of cinder may be the person we see in the opening cinematic, the last person to link the fire, they are both donned in the firelink armor. When we enter the kiln the soul of cinder is resting at the bonfire and only aggros as we approach. The linking of the fire ending has the player character sitting down at the bonfire, perhaps assuming the soul of cinder's role after this. We don't know how many times the lords have reason and taken their thrones. This could make every NG+ cycle a mirror of what happens when people chose to link the fire.
>>
There's some slight details on NPCs that are easily missed. Horace the hushed was to be fed to Aldrich, but he somehow escaped. Hawkwood deserted from the undead legion, but he can sometimes be found praying to a grave just outside the shrine with a Farron greatsword on it. This could possibly be his blade because he uses a bastard sword for most of the game, but when you duel him for the dragon stones he's using the greatsword. Yellowfinger Heysel will eventually turn into a maggot man. This could be what happens to people that use Rosaria's respec or appearance change too much. That maggot she's holding could be someone in the process of rebirth. Just before the Profaned Capital's dungeon Alva will invade. He's no longer Alva the Wayfarer, but Alva seeker of the Spurned. Karla, the witch of this game is deep within the dungeon. Alva's armor in DS2 hinted at romance between Alva and a witch. Kalra's ashes say that she's a spurned child of the Abyss that fades in and out of death, but that now there is no one to search for her any longer.
>>
>>335246379
I thought the cage was for Gertrude?
>>
>>335253013
Yeah, Gertrude was the Queen's holy maiden. Divine Pillars of Light's description says the Queen's holy maiden Gertrude was visited by an angel, who revealed this tale to her.
>>
>>335253013
Gertrude is just called "the holy daughter", she wasn't actually the princess. She was just the handmaiden of the queen.
>>
>>335244594
>Deep is the Abyss
It isn't. Deep sorceries make it clear it's not the same thing.
>>
>>335252812
Oh shit I hadn't made the connection between Alva and Karla because the witch was named Zullie or something in DaS2 but since Karla is a piece of the abyss she presumably reincarnates. That makes it really sad that you find the Alva Armor right outside her cell.

Only NPC details like that I can think of are that Creighton from DaS2 invades both you and Sirris so it seems Pate was innocent. Yellowfinger Heysel is the daughter of the head of the Farron Acolytes and Siegward knew Yhorm before he was a Lord of Cinder but those are all pretty blatant.
>>
File: Pennywise_980x571[1].jpg (66 KB, 980x571) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise_980x571[1].jpg
66 KB, 980x571
>>335242132

the lore is "we signed a contract with namco bandai for three games and we had some left over assets from bloodborne, have this quick cash grab while the takeover from kadokawa is completed and we are free from namco's jewery, our next game won't be souls because we are fucking tired of this shit and you can also notice we pretty much ran out of ideas so, yeah - Miyazoter"
>>
>>335249182
What's the deal with Ornstein in DS2 then? Is that an imitator or was it meant to be the real Ornstein?
>>
>>335254807
It's clearly an imitator/illusion. Probably to test people who wanted to become Blue Sentinels.
>>
>>335254925
DUDE ILLUSIONS LMAO

Really though, I don't particularly like the fact that they can retcon absolutely anything with "dw it was an illusion lol"
>>
>>335255184
It is kind of shit, but in this case it makes more sense than the alternative. Real Ornstein decided to travel across the sea, pick up dark attacks, and guard some random shitty cathedral in Heide that had no connection with Anor Londo? Makes zero sense.
>>
>>335244286
>My question is why does the first boss turn into a dragon halfway?
These black monsters are probably just a tease for the DLC. you can also find them festering on the two dragons in Lothric Castle. Strange that nobody mentions writhing beasts with horns though.
>>
>>335244363
Bust some ass, anon.
>>
>>335255612
You think they're Abyss connected or Deep connected?
>>
>>335255486
Oh I definitely agree that Ornstein travelling to find Nameless is much better than him going to Heide's, I just don't like the precedent that's been set. Hopefully they use it sparingly, if at all
>>
>>335253870
>>335255754
What is this deep != abyss meme
For the longest time anything referencing darkness etc has always been taken to mean the abyss
Wheres the evidence that this "deep" is anything different from the abyss?
>>
>>335252812
>That maggot she's holding could be someone in the process of rebirth
It's one of the archdeacons of the Cathedral that worships her as a deity. You could argue that changing your "self" over and over eventually turns you into a blobby maggot. Might be a jab at current culture.
>>
File: 1445537765381.gif (669 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445537765381.gif
669 KB, 320x240
These are all really interesting, guys. Keep going.
>>
File: average vaati video.png (997 KB, 1073x638) Image search: [Google]
average vaati video.png
997 KB, 1073x638
>>335255989
notice me sampie
>>
>>335256089
*note taking intensifies*
>>
>>335255857
The game makes specially sure to show us that "Deep" is darker than what Humans are familiar with. Deep is darkness that has no relation to humans.
>>
>>335254384
this
>>
Lothric has three well known pillars of authority. The knights, the scholars and the priestesses. All rejected the idea of angel worship. There is another one however, the hunters. Each of these groups has a ring associated with them that can be found in game and before climbing the stairs that lead to prince Lothric there are three NPCs, the hunter Kamui, Lion Knight Albert and daughter of crystals Kriemhild. Kriemhild was an apprentice to the crystal sages of the Grand Archives and invades the player character in the Untended Graves area. In the german myth Nibelungenlied, Kriemhild has a brother named Gunther. Is it possible Gundyr is her brother? Black Hand Gotthard is also a hunter who fled Lothric castle. He may be targeting the Pontiff though because Sullyvahn is an enemy of the royal crown. he returns to Lothric castle anyway.

Lorian the elder prince is mute and crippled because his soul was merged with his brother's in attempt to make Lothric a worthy heir. Lorian wished it so apparently. This is probably why Lothric can revive Lorian.
>>
>>335256227
Probably just Miyazaki sticking his Lovecraft love in after Bloodborne.
>>
Idea:
Gwyndolin was devoured by his own will and is actually helping Aldrich kill you in his fight.
Reasoning:
1) Yorshka is the one that was imprisoned by the Pontiff, as she says so herself, and judging by the fact that she's stuck in a place called the prison tower. As a result, the statement saying that the pontiff imprisoned A god means that gwyndolin wasn't imprisoned.

2) Gwyndolin is still active in the fight, he moves his arms and his body, which I find strange for a person that's being devoured to do.

3) More of a character statement, but Gwyndolin sacrificed everything, and stayed behind in Anor Londo by himself, for the sake of his father's legacy and for the sake of the first flame. I wouldn't put it past him to choose to sacrifice himself to the monstrosity that is Aldrich, for the sake of strengthening him, in order to combat the upcoming "age of deep sea"

4) Aldrich is a devourer of GODS, plural, and yet, Gwyndolin is the only one that we see. This point is rather shaky so I'm not gonna stand my ground on it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>335246641
These theories turn crazier by the day and still despite asking for it, I haven't gotten a single item description or piece of dialogue that clearly shows that Ludlith has something to do with the firelink shrine, other than being another slave for it.
>>
So why are there Irythrill knights in Lothric (including Voldt and Dancer)?
>>
>>335255857
I thought they were the same thing for awhile as well but I think Aldrich's soul pretty clearly separates them

When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea.
He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself.

We've been to the Abyss it was just blackness so this mention of a sea differentiates it for me. Could be the sea is where the Primordial Serpents live; they probably hid Elvis there and orchestrated both JFK's assassination and 9/11 from its depths.
>>
>>335256375
>All rejected the idea of angel worship
That's why there are evangelists all around.
>>
>>335256375
Please explain the jump from pillars of authority to "Is Gundyr Kriemhilds brother?" and how the angels (and probably the locked up winged daughter) are part of it.
>>
>>335256624
I don't think Gwyndolin is Gwyndolin anymore.

I also think that Aldrich ate Priscilla because of the Lifehunter hex description.
>>
>>335256797
Because outrider knights were sent to go do missions outside of Irythrill.

Presumably whatever mission that was has long been forgotten, given that they're all insane monsters now.
>>
>>335256884
How do you suggest he did that? He went to the painted world? It's also clear that miracles (and hexes) are stories that are being chanted. As such, it's possible that lifehunt scythe is just priscilla's story.
>>
>>335256851
The reign of Gwyn was the age of fire and the sun. The age of the deep sea is the age of the moon. Iriythill and what's left fo Anor Londo are now worshipping the moon and the only memory of the "Sun" are statues and an old painting.
>>
What did Pontiff Sully do?
>>
>>335244286
From the Guide, (which also says which ending is the canon/right/true ending)

The black corruption that bursts from people like Gundyr in the tutorial, or the cult member in High Wall, is referred to as the "Pus of Man"

"Pus of Man: Exploding from the bodies of unfortunate undead, this chaos corruption manifests itself as an amorphous black blob, vaguely resembling some horrific beast in silhouette, but with no recognizable shape."
>>
>>335249182
>The profaned flame is something I wish there was more lore on
Oracles of Alsanna set it off by cursing it. Yhorm is involved somehow.

The whole Yhorm/Profaned Capital thing is basically a Dark Souls 2 related plotline that they haven't/didn't explore properly.

DLC1: Londor and Primordial Serpents
DLC2: Castle Drang and the Giants
>>
>>335257216
DLC
L
C
>>
Vaati vidya here all your questions will be answered in my upcoming video.

Now if you guys would like to discuss the lore that would be great.

How did Gywndolin get eaten, and what was Aldrich?????
>>
>>335257216
What's the canon ending then?
>>
>>335257298
>Dark Souls 2 related plotline
i don't see where this is coming from.
>>
>>335242132
My current assumptions.

What if the protagonist of Dark Souls 2 managed to find cure for the undead curse.
Ashen one is undead, but by default doesn't go hollow so they are seemingly free of the curse.
But the link between them and the Fire has been severed, thus they are just ash now.

Couldn't it be seen that in DS human consists of body that holds in it humanity and a soul.
Then hollowing is a slow loss of humanity while going ash would be opposite of that, keeping humanity but loosing soul.
>>
>>335257193
Something with kids. In a church.
>>
>>335256624
An interesting idea but Sullyvahn's soul says he imprisoned a God in the Cathedral not a prison tower so I think Gwyndolin was that God but that doesn't mean Gwyndolin didn't make the best of a bad situation so to speak.

>>335256797
Not sure why they were in those exact spots but the Pontiff's eye rings mention that being an Outrider Knight is the equivalent of exile and the rings turn them into mindless beasts fit only for fighting. The Dancer's Armor mentions it fused into her body as she went mad. I don't think they were purposefully sent to those spots they just guard things because they're almost mindless after all there's another one in the bottom of the tower where the giant archer is. There is a theory that Sullyvahn sent them there to stop people from getting to Lothric but I don't know how legit that is.
>>
File: 20160423181155_1.jpg (466 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160423181155_1.jpg
466 KB, 1920x1080
>>335242132
What is this shiny purple orb?
Found where Anri was standing.
>>
>>335257416
>Yhorm was a conqueror but also subjugated
This is basically screaming to me that it's about the Giants who attacked Drangleic
>The Profaned Flame was found in the Profaned Capital under the Tundra
It's Eleum Loyce
>Court Sorcerer and other items talk about an "Oracle"
Alsanna is the only Child of Dark that isn't canonically dead after Dark Souls 2. Her title was "Silent Oracle"
>>
>>335257607
that's a prism stone
>>
>>335256997
Because the Lifehunt Scythe belonged to Priscilla. I don't think most people knew about Priscilla, she was banished to the painted world for a reason, she's the gods dirty secret.
>>
>>335257605
Anor londo as a whole could be considered the cathedral, especially considering that the aldrich faithful invade the area before anor londo in general.

>>335257690
Yeah but he doesn't OWN the lifehunt scythe, he just imitates it.
>>
>>335257605
There is an outrider in the archives too.
>>
>>335257607
Anri and the dude that doesn't talk said they'd leave prism stones incase they lose eachother.
>>
The black monsters that erupt out of certain hollows are definitely Abyss related. They're called the pus of man. The Ludex in the tutorial area is Abyss corrupted which would explain why he's infected by the pus of man. They could be the darksign running unchecked. Pilgrims wear those turtle shells to prevent the pus from escaping.

I don't think Ludleth has much of a relation to dark fire link. But if dark firelink is the past then he may have burned more times than we realise. He's throne is there after all.

I think some outrider knights from Irythrill also attacked Lothric castle. There's one in the dragon barracks and another in the grand archives. I think Sullyvahn is very important in the story, he's an instigator, like Micolash in Bloodborne. His aims aren't clear. He was a simple sorcerer before all this. He first wanted to link the flame using Aldrich as kindling, but now he mightn't want to repeat that . He has the dancer watch Emma and Vordt impedes the progress of any unkindled in their lord seeking.
>>
>>335257668
Well first of all Yhorn is not THE Giant from DaS2, he's just huge and he's got a face.
Eleum loyce is nowhere near where DaS2 is happening and is also not underground if anything.

Profaned Capital is also under the Boreal Valley, which is Tundra.

Oracle is such a vague title it's not even worth clinging to.
>>
This was just a poor excuse for a game made to wank DaS1 fans. Fanservice: The Game.
Say what you will about DaS2, at least it was very unique compared to 3.
>>
>>335257193
He found dank dark magical secrets in the profaned capital and then went on to take over Ice Disney Land and install his own little regime while systematically removing all opposition.

Whether he worked for, used, or work with Aldrich is anyone's guess since they're basically two separate stories.
>>
>>335257885
It's Iudex, not Ludex. It means "judge".
>>
>>335257738
In order to imitate it he probably had to come in contact with it.
He's the Devourer, he ate her or he ate someone that knew her "techniques".

We can only speculate, but i really think he ate her.
>>
>>335242132
>expecting anything but incoherent hack writing from From
>>
>>335257898
>Well first of all Yhorn is not THE Giant from DaS2
I never said he was.
>he's just huge and he's got a face.
That's almost certainly just a change in the design of Giants in general. Probably not a huge distinction.
>Eleum loyce is nowhere near where DaS2 is happening and is also not underground if anything.
Transitory lands are converging smart guy.
>Profaned Capital is also under the Boreal Valley, which is Tundra.
Exactly. It's a city with a flame that never goes out that's also in an extremely cold and frigid ecosystem. It's Eleum Loyce.
>Oracle is such a vague title it's not even worth clinging to.
Nah, it's a hugely important clue. You're dumb as shit.
>>
>>335244250
>From is just making things up as they go along.

This is most likely true
>>
>>335257456
Neat idea. Hollows could all reside in Londor because being Hollowed is becoming increasingly rare so they all go to one place. Another theory to build off that is that since the undead were separated from the fire that's where the ability to usurp the flame comes from and why previous undead couldn't do it. Now that you are free of the flame you can manipulate it?
>>
>>335258078
>In order to imitate it he probably had to come in contact with it.
The Corvians also imitate the scythe since their storytellers have knowledge of the painted world. Gwyndolin knew about the secret of the painted world, as did the painting guardians, most likely.
>>
>>335258195
>Hollows could all reside in Londor because being Hollowed is becoming increasingly rare so they all go to one place.
OR they are Kaathe worshippers who know that stealing other people's humanity keeps a hollow sane and are therefore shunned by everyone on their menu.
>>
>>335256624
Wait, you can see Gwyndolin inside Aldrich's body? I didn't notice that at all.
>>
Can someone list the newbie area path?
>>
>>335246641
>Dark Firelink is the real Firelink
This isn't Bloodborne where there are parallel worlds, that doesn't make any sense. Firelink is Firelink.
>>
>>335258605
you mean a checklist of where to go?
>>
File: 1461273923676.png (250 KB, 591x716) Image search: [Google]
1461273923676.png
250 KB, 591x716
>>335257607
>Tell her about Smoldering Lake
>No option to tell her what I did down there
>She thanks me and says she'll go down there

GOD DAMN IT NO
>>
>>335258605
High wall -> undead settlement -> Cathedral of the deep -> farron keep -> irithyll -> anor londo -> profaned capital -> lothric castle
>>
>>335257310
Going to spoiler it

"The Simple Ending: The easiest ending is to defeat the Soul of Cinder without having eight Dark Sigils. Simply beat the boss and light the bonfire. This is what most new players will encounter without specifically trying to get another ending.

The True Ending:
Get the Eyes of a Fire Keeper from the Untended Graves area (as noted earlier in this walkthrough). Give these to the Fire Keeper. Defeat the Soul of Cinder and then summon the Fire Keeper from a white sign on the ground nearby. She'll take you into the second ending from there.

Usurping the Fire:
Get the Eyes of the Fire Keeper from the Untended Graves area (earlier in this walkthrough). Give these to the Fire Keeper. Defeat the Soul of Cinder and then summon the Fire Keeper from a white sign on the ground nearby. Instead of letting her complete her ritual, attack her. There is a very small window of opportunity to do this.

Last one to come since it is lengthy.
>>
Time is convoluted.
>>
>>335258652
Why are there 3 different Firelinks then?
>>
>>335258776
This was meant for >>335257398

Sorry. Typing up the last one now.
>>
>>335258236
We can't know for sure, it's too vague.

"Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding."

Did he see Gwyndolin's memories?
Did he remember eating Priscilla?

Was Priscilla hiding from Aldrich or was Priscilla simply hiding in the painting?

Now i'm starting to lean towards the Gwyndolin's memories.
>>
>>335258869
Because Miyazaki is a fucking hack
>>
>>335258869
I hate that there's 3 different firelinks and all of them have the same fucking thrones. Something about that really bugs me, it feels wrong.
>>
>>335257668
>It's Eleum Loyce
I assumed that Profaned capital was the place where you put the Lordvessel in DS 1.
The big fireball shoothing bowl next to a big gate seemed familiar at least.
And a place where The Lordvessel was put could be important enough place to become a capital of some kind.
>>
>>335258078
He did come in contact with it he dreamed of her while he was eating Gwyndolin it's in the miracle's description. Miracles are just stories of the gods if he saw her in a dream and learned of her he could easily produce a miracle. Just speculating but seeing as how he has all of Gwyndolin's abilities I would guess he would get all of Priscilla's if he ate her. Gonna take another guess but if he could turn invisible I think he would have while fighting for his life.
>>
>>335249182
>The profaned flame is something I wish there was more lore on.

Absofuckinglutely. You'd think a flame that never goes out is exactly what would be the answer to each game's problem, but it's 'bad fire'.
>>
File: 0x600.jpg (117 KB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
117 KB, 1067x600
Bet you fuckers all forgot about this frame in some of the early trailers
>>
After we collect the cinders of the lords we warp to another firelink shrine with no flame. Then there's that strange city that resembles Lothric in view from the kiln.
>>
>>335259005
The fire bowl is not the lordvessel, I know because I was arguing with someone in a thread once who said it was, and pictures were brought up that clearly showed the two were different in size and in design. Its just a big fire bowl.
>>
>>335246379

>Oceiros is probably flame god Flann, Gwynevere's husband.

This retarded theory again, please, go back to Leeddit.
>>
>>335258950
Priscilla wasn't hiding. She was hidden away. A prisoner. She was also not a god so she'd be of little interrest to Aldrich, who decided that only gods will do. Gwyndolin was pretty much the only god he got to munch on and might also have just remembered the forms of Nito and the Witch of Izalith from Gwyndolin's memories.
>>
>>335259153
The hell is going on here?
>>
>>335258652
there are no parallel worlds in Bloodborne, there's the dreamworld and the real world.

Dark Souls has always been about time travel and shit
>>
>>335259185
You gotta admit that the design is strikingly similar. The fact that it's the lowest point geographically also doesn't help.
>>
>>335244594
>a vision of the world where the unkind led didn't make it in time
But then why does the handmaiden in the dark shrine say "why are you here, unkindled? The bell hasn't rung yet" or some shit like that. Seems more like time travel to me.
>>
>>335259249
unfinished bonfire mechanic from the leak
>>
>>335259249
the "black goo" is erupting from the ground and the player is praising it it seems.

I'm trying to find the specific trailer, but can't
>>
>>335259158
That's the endtimes. When all fire is gone from the world, all kingdoms are in ruins and a new age is about to begin. It's more metaphorical than "real".
>>
>>335256624
>4) Aldrich is a devourer of GODS

And he has Priscilla's scythe, and he dreamed of the painted world.
>>
>>335259097
Chaos was also a flame that never went out, that was HARDLY a good solution to the first flame problem.
>>
>>335244061
its the real firelink

if you look at where you come from initially to fight gundyr it makes sense geographically (you're right under lothric and can see the trees from the kings garden). also firelinks sky doesnt change to red later on.
>>
Champion Gundyr didn't want to link the fire but Ludleth cucked him just like Solaire cucks the chosen undead. He's influenced or possesed by the abyss, hence the red eyes.

Iudex Gundyr is the same guy but from the "current" timeline. The abyss already corrupted him so thats why he becomes a monster in the first fight of the game.
>>
>>335259464
The opinions are split here but I don't feel that he actually devoured priscilla.
>>
>>335242132
> it's another fucking thread

There's 5 other das3 threads there, numbnuts
>>
>>335257398
>>335258776
Final ending. It's lengthy.

Lord of the Hollows Ending:
This is the hardest ending to achieve, because it has many steps.

Use Yoel to Draw Out True Strength 5 times.

Make sure to recruit Yoel, and then kill yourself repeatedly to raise your Hollowing so that you can keep Drawing Out your powers. Make sure to do this five times! Each one gets you a Dark Sigil, and this ending isn't possible if Yoel dies before you have all five of them he has to offer.

Yuria arrives in the Shrine soon after. Don't worry if Yoel collapses and dies afterward. He's played his part in this already.

Speak with Anri twice when you meet on the Road of Sacrifices.

Defeat the Deacons of the Deep, and then speak to Anri at the Firelink Shrine

Meet Anri in the Catacombs of Cathus and do not say where Horace is located. You can go back and kill Horace later, after you've seen Anri in Irithyll (but you don't need to)

Speak with Anri in Irithyll, in the Church of Yorshika (near the bonefire)

Defeat Pontiff Sulyvahn

Return to the Firelink Shrine and talk to Yuria. Talk until you've exhausted her conversation options. You're told the wedding preparations are complete.

Talk to the Pilgrim toward the end of Irithyll, on the eastern side of the map. The room is down a side hallway when you're about to enter the tower that takes you up to Anor Lando. The Pilgrim gives you the Sword of Avowal.

Execute the Rite of Avowal with Anri in the rear of Gwyndolin's chamber., This gets you three Dark Sigils. You now have all eight!

Do not let the Fire Keeper heal you of your Dark Sigils at any time.

Now complete the game by defeating the Soul of Cinder. If you have all eight Dark Sigils, you get the special ending. It's pretty whicked!
>>
>>335259464
He has a miracle that imitates Priscilla's scythe. Miracles are stories. He didn't eat dragon waifu.
>>
This seems like a reasonable place to ask. I made a cool looking character for my second playthrough and I forgot that if I want to get the Yuria ending I'd have to go hollow, ruining my character.

Anri's side quest seems to be the longest and the most extensive one. Can I still do Anri's sidequest on my playthrough if I avoid the Dark Sign and going hollow?
>>
>>335242132
>I literally dont know what the fuck is going on this game

Welcome to Dark Souls. I love it, but I've always felt this was by design. For 1, most of the time you are getting your info from NPC's who are (or were) slowly going hollow before you show up.

None of them know the whole story, and typically they have their own objectives that you can choose to assist them with. You aren't railroaded into helping, and in fact, unless you really go in depth and out of your way to try to help, most of the time you will fail (Solaire, Siegmeyer, Patches, Lucatiel)

While there are the "ancient legends" and you are the "chosen undead" in some of these games, you are more or less writing the story as you go.

You can piece it together and learn more about where you are, and how it became this way, but there is nobody giving you quests or objectives, which allows you to tackle the game in whatever order you want. The setting is always in ruins, and on the brink of death. It makes sense that most of the history, and lore is broken and incomplete.

You can experience these games in so many different ways, and apart from a few bottlenecks there truly is no specific order you have to go in.
>>
>>335259604
So lord of hollows is not the true ending? Betrayal is?
>>
>>335259548
>also firelinks sky doesnt change to red later on.
And it's never night even though it's moon in the Anor Londo.

That's just game mechanics, along with drak firelink keeping the changes from the usual one. It's just cutting corners.
>>
>>335259647
If you reach 50 hollowing you can use a purging stone to turn human again. If you want the hollow ending then you can get rid of the darksign after it before proceeding into NG+. Or you farm some more in NG.
>>
>>335259604
You need to touch the Bonfire for it.

I did every step of this ending unconsciously but i still got the firekeeper one because i was too scared of touching the fire.
>>
>>335259647
Yes you can but you have to take an alternate route to Yuria's questline if you want Anri's quest to finish.
>>
>>335259740
The way I interpret the book is the Fire Keeper ending, the one you don't attack, is the true ending.
>>
>>335259761
they could have easily switched the sky box like they did for every other area.
>>
>>335259198
It's just a theory working off the divine blessing's item description.
>>
>>335259328
If you actually compare the two it really isn't. The lordvessel has these deep engravings running across the rim, whereas the firebowl barely has any
>>
>>335259473

Exactly, more emphasis needed.

Also, isn't there mention that the chaos flame died out?
>>
>>335259798
The issue with purging stones is that you still get hollowing levels whenever you die so you can't really avoid becoming beef jerky unless you play well.
>>
>Left a message in regular Firelink Shrine
>The message is in Dark Firelink as well

THIS IS SOME SPOOKY SHIT RIGHT HERE
>>
>>335258869
The last firelink is just the base firelink after the preparations for the end have been made. Those two are one and the same, and the abilily to move back from the end could be seen as non-canon.

The dark firelink shrine is a fucking mystery.

But so is the whole nature of the firelink shrine.
It is implied that handmaiden, firekeepper and Andrew are all slaves of the shrine. They are undead and thus immortal, but it feels like there also is some force that keeps them there.

Same might go for Ludlith although being Lord of Cinder, he might be different kind of case.

The question why firelink shrine is set up as it is, is easy to answer, it's to link the fire.
But who set it all up? One of the serpents? Someone else?
>>
There is no incentive to progress in this game.

What's the point of killing some huge skeleton with wristbands if there's no context behind it?

Why is the main character even doing anything?
Just sit at firelink and chill there.
>>
>>335259647
Nah you gotta go Hollow to marry her. Though Yuria sells a ring that makes you look unhollowed.
>>
>>335259957
The chaos flame died out with the bed of chaos, didn't it?
>>
>>335248597
The protagonist fucking off is important as it weakens the fire as hes called the one that went beyond death. literally making people scared of doing their duty to keep the age of fire going
>>
>>335259473
>Chaos was also a flame that never went out
until it did (or at least started dwindling)
>>
>>335259946
It doesn't even matter. The Lordvessel was Gwyn's lock on the door to the kiln and the lord souls. It wasn't mandatory for anything else and served it's use when the door was opened.
>>
>>335256738
But he literally says in dialogue that the previous shrine was lost and he willed himself a lord to make another one.

Simply talk to him after finding untended graves.
>>
>>335260026

Say what?! Nice, I can just wear that ring all game and follow the hollowing quest to that ending. Thanks a bunch anon!
>>
>>335242132
>Aldrich is actually the giant mass of bones and rotting shit, the "body" is just Gwyndolin's half eaten corpse being used like a puppet
>>
>>335260069
That's because it fell into the endless sea of lake.
>>
>>335242132
even the promotional character uses an estoc
>>
>>335259968
yeah you stsart rotting again but that's cured by healing the darksign after the ending. you have to make some sacrifices for the ending and the londor items, dude!
>>
>>335259185
It doesn't need to be a same bowl to be a same place.

"Here is the great place where big important bowl sits."
"Boss. The bowl got stolen."
"Well, make a new one and make it more fancy and have it shoot fire to keep thiefs away."
>>
>>335260129
ash lake*
>>
>>335260113
no shit, anon.
>>
>>335242132
>and hollows turn into trees that turn into butterflies that do who the fuck knows what
Huh?
>>
>>335260129
is there a source for that at all?
>>
>>335259328
there's a number of lordvessel looking bowls in the game, but still people choose this one to mistake it for one?

I'd wager on one under Lothric castle to be a lordvessel, but it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>335260227
in the high wall, if you pay attention, the hollows aren't impaled on the trees, they're turned into them. Also those weird flying things in lothric castle are turtle shell hollows.
>>
>>335260129
>>335260213
Except Lost Izalith is under the Ash Lake.
>>
Poor Ludleth, all the other lords can leave their thrones, but he's stuck in firelink even if he wanted to abscond.
>>
>>335260351
What the hell gave you that impression?
>>335260242
Those treees that are burning in Smouldering Lake? Those are archtrees.
>>
>>335260304
And in undead settlement people sitting in their chairs turn into trees too.
>>
>>335260256
Hi, Billy of Mays here and I'm about to tell you how you can get your very own Lordvessel for the low price of 19.99!
>>
>>335260109
fashion souls is best souls
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Untrue+Dark+Ring
>>
>>335258997
there is only 1 firelink asset
>>
>>335258869
What, where is the third one? I only know of 2
>>
>>335260384
He'd only get dragged back by the PC so he might as well just stay there and be useful.
>>
>>335260574
Untended graves and the kiln
>>
>>335260109
Yeah it won't change your covenant icon getting more decrepit though. My current play through my hollowing is so severe I'm pretty much a walking spooky skeleton
>>
>>335255857
the description for Deep Protection says:
> "The deep was originally a peaceful and sacred place, but became the final rest for many abhorrent things. This tale of the Deep offers protection for those who worship amidst those horrors."

from gnaw description:
>"These insects which lurk in the Deep have tiny jaws lined with fangs to tear open the skin and burrow into the flesh in the blink of an eye, causing intense bleeding"

I'm willing to bet we'll visit the deep in a DLC.
>>
>>335260441
Archtree roots on top of Lost Izalith dome?
>>
>>335259604
But what is the significance of the different endings? What are the implications?
>>
>>335259740
There's no canon ending in an RPG unless a sequel directly states so.
>>
>>335260574
The one you get to after defeating Iudex.

The one you get to after defeating Champion Gundyr (Dark Firelink)

and The one you get to after defeating all the lords of cinder
>>
>>335260713
Those aren't archtrees. Those are branches of the Bed of Chaos.
Where do you think all that water in Smoldering Lake came from?
>>
>>335260713
That's the bed of chaos.
>>
Anyone know what Pontiff Sullyvahn's game plan was?
>>
>>335260738
Link the fire ending is simple enough, you keep the fire going, presumably for a short amount of time. Giving the world a litttle while longer.

Betrayal is the first flame getting put out for good, and as a result ending the world, literally. According to firekeeper chan the flames might come back at one point but who knows really.

Lord of hollows is the one I haven't wrapped my head around, it seems like you somehow change the nature of the first flame to be a dark flame rather than a light one. The sun's color changes, and, presumably, dark souls will start flowing from the first flame that now burns within your bosom. What that means for the world, I have no idea.
>>
>>335260938
I'm evil lulz?
>>
You know the thing before going to the Kiln where you kneel and the fires from the lords gather in the hands of the firekeeper and she holds them over your head?
Isn't that the same thing that happens in the DaS 1 cinematic where the corpse lays on the ground with a firekeeper kneeling and holding a light over his head and then the darksign shows.
Are these things related?
Could it be that's the firekeeper giving the undead something essential for linking the fire? Maybe in the fist one she gave it to a bunch of dudes hoping that someone would succeed but there's not enough of the stuff to go around in the third one so you need to salvage the leftovers from the cinders?
>>
The real question is, how did the Maiden in Black become a firekeeper, and what was she doing in Firelink Shrine?

The corpse you loot the firekeeper set from is almost certainly hers, as no one else in the series has pancake eyes.
>>
>>335258471
lolwut. Aldrich is just black goop. All the humanoid parts are gwyndolin. His theme is just an remix of gwyndolin's theme.
>>
>>335260985
Seems to me the king of hollows is you are unleashing the hollowing across this world having it beyond Lando. Or maybe you just corrupt the world.
>>
>>335260938
Control. What else.
>>
>>335260938
Empower Aldrich, and use his strength to power through the upcoming age of deep sea.

>>335261204
How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>335261268
The fact it seems you change the nature of the world itself. The change in sky color and such.
>>
>>335260806
>Where do you think all that water in Smoldering Lake came from?
It was there since it's ash lake?
>>
File: image.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
Where was the other item talking about how the Queen of Lothric would wander the unkempt graves?

The ashen estus ring says how she 'enshrined' it in a grave. Your grave. So big as fuck coincidence, or is this what led to you being 'chosen'?

I'm willing to believe that this area is in the 'past' but I can't account for the rest.
>>
So why did the world in DS3 go to shit?

In DS1 you had the abyss destroying people, the lord soul holders going insane and then people going hollow because of the flame fading.

DS2 had everything go to shit due to the king being manipulated into starting an unwinnable war.

In DS3, the lords didn't really seem to go that insane (or at least no more insane than when they were made lords) and things just seem to have gone to shit for no real reason.
>>
>>335259604

>Copying the guide word for word
>>
>>335261365
>It was there since it's ash lake?
That's what i'm saying. Izalith collapsed on Ash Lake, the archtrees went up in flames and the waters put out the flames of Chaos.
>>
File: image.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1080
>>335260938

What exactly is the deal with his dark and light weapons? You see the same with the Dancer.
>>
>>335260938
He wasn't intended to be in this game.
The game itself created him out of an unused model and made him just spam R1 so people can't progress and see that From rehashed one of the worst areas of Dark Souls.
>>
>>335261335
Hollowing seems to be a result of a lack of humanity, the dark soul. You change the sun to be of the same color scheme as humanities. If anything, I'd say it's the opposite. What do they say? Make Londor whole again? It would imply to me that the lord of hollows ending means that the dark soul would become stronger, which is paradoxical because it grows stronger the darker it is, and as a result, everyone would get their humanities again.

That probably also means that the world is fucked in a unique sort of way that only primordial serpents can pull off.
>>
>>335261413
The lords have been awakened by the bell to rekindle the flame once again, they're unwilling to do so, so they go to their respective places.
You can see them leaving their graves in the first cinematic.
>>
>>335261550

>dancer is undead

Well shit...

Anyhow, the dark and light is possibly a reference to lots of people in DS3 being touched by the abyss but not succumbing.
>>
>>335261137
All the bodies in the tower have pancake eyes.
>>
>>335261579
Makes sense. Its interesting to say the least, and makes you wonder what exactly it really means. Guess we might not ever know
>>
The whole series, including Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are just dreams that Patches is having.

Dark Souls 2 isn't cannon, because he's not in it.
>>
>>335261550
Dancer has some huge eyes
>>
>>335261630

I get that but why did the kingdom fall? The lords didn't appear to leave the world in a bad shape when they initially died, even if some of them were a bit kill happy.
>>
>>335261413
There is a reason. Lothric is an indecisive shit that doesn't want to do anything to the fire, be it let it fade or otherwise(remember that all this is a cycle but someone has to make a decision regardless).
Lothric refused to do anything. Bell of awakening rang to bring the last couple of guys who did something to do it again but they refused to do anything as well.
This is an age where the fire is puttering out completely and no one can do anything to it.
>>
>>335261757
but Patches was in Dark Souls 2.

he was just called Chosen Undead
>>
>>335261550
One is imbued with the power of the Profaned Flame (whatever that is), while the other is imbued with dark moon magic (like gwyndolin's stuff)
>>
>story

lmao every dark souls is just about a badass knight who fucks shit for no reason.
>>
>>335249182
I always thought that the profane flame was a lord soul.
Because in Pontiff lore it says he found it and somehow became uber strong from fiddling with it.

But yea there are some plot hole in my theory
>>
What is the lore reason for the camera being so atrociously fucking bad for old demon king?
>>
>>335261413
I believe it is because for that current cycle, the flame has been extended for far too long that they have ran out of powerful souls to rekindle the flame, so the flame revived the Lords of cinder. But even with the 4 lords of cinders, the flame you kindle at the end is tiny compared to the flame at the end of DaS1.
>>
>>335242132
>giving a shit about story/lore in Souls games

Nice autism there faggot
>>
File: theylive1.jpg (9 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
theylive1.jpg
9 KB, 480x270
>>335261790
>>
>Dark Souls 1 sets up an interesting story with the encroaching darkness that is the Abyss.
>Dark Souls 2 expands that story subtly, by showing that the daughters of Manus have been manipulating great kings of different lands, apparently in order to bring the Abyss.
>Dark souls 3 drops this entirely and just repeats the story of Dark Souls 1, almost beat for beat, minus the Abyss, which was the most interesting part of the games.

Welp, I guess we'll find out in the DLC.
>>
>>335261413
Lothric was supposed to link the flame but he didn't, Kathee convinced him.
The flame started to fade so the bell rang and awoke the Lords of Cinders and the ones with potential in order to link it again.
>>
File: 1461296134417.jpg (160 KB, 522x810) Image search: [Google]
1461296134417.jpg
160 KB, 522x810
>>335260985

>Betrayal is the first flame getting put out for good, and as a result ending the world

I wonder where Aldia and the bearer of the curse are, they are free from the flame and will live forever even after the flame is dead.

Aldia believed that there was something beyond the flame, something that only the immortals like him and the bearer of the curse would see if they were able to cast off the sweet but cursed illusion of the flame and mortal life.
>>
File: 1w4134554435785.png (17 KB, 100x84) Image search: [Google]
1w4134554435785.png
17 KB, 100x84
>>335261863
Bearer of the Curse*

Fucking hell anon if you're going to meme at least do it right
>>
>>335261717
>>335261137
those are not wax seals on their eyes, those are some kind of a headwear, you can see the straps going around the head. Especially on the body where you loot the firekeeper set.
>>
>>335261413

Everything is fine and dandy, the lords of cinder are sleeping, suddenly the fire is fading and the link between them is threatened, they wake up but they are on their own and they dont want to be sacrificed, so the Unkindled, unfit to die or become useful to the flame, they are the people who are supposed to deliver the Lords by force, so they can be sacrificed and thus, link the flame, this is my interpretation.
>>
>>335261813
Because it was the turn of Prince Lothric to kindle the flame but he refused his fate.
>>
>>335259827
I did the exact same thing, touching the fire felt really unintuitive when going for the Lord of the Hollows ending at the time
>>
>>335261940
I think he's a fuckup in general. His collision is all over the place and he's impossible to circle without getting stuck on something. I've not locked on to him yet but if the camera is influenced by his collision it might be that.
>>
>>335261137

The maiden in black was a demon who assumed human form, her only care in the world is taking care of the old one, the flame can fuck itself for she cares.
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (38 KB, 567x489) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
38 KB, 567x489
>>335261908
Good goy.
>>
>>335262083
I think that the lord of hollows ending is actually what Aldia was looking for. It's basically fucking with the laws of the universe, and making light and darkness one and the same.

At any rate, the betrayal ending is doubtfully the end of all existence, it's just that there will be no light, and no life, and no heat. The world will just become a barren wasteland as people will gradually die, or just become very, very, very hollow.
>>
>>335262079
What were you expecting? A possibly to end the cycle? Revert to the age of stone?
>>
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 1920x1080
>Aldrich
>ate people
>had a great time killing them before eating them
>Road lf Sacrifices was literally to take sacrifices to him
>turns into horrid gunk
>is considered a 'right and proper cleric'
>Saint

Explain this shit. Is DS3's world really that fucked up now?
>>
>>335262191
>touching the fire felt really unintuitive when going for the Lord of the Hollows ending at the time
Yuria is pretty specific about "TAKE THE FUCKING FIRE WHEN YOU CAN!"
>>
>>335262218
The Old One is a tree.
When he exploded into flame, bam, that was the first flame, and the Maiden in Black was, by nature, the first firekeeper.
>>
>>335262267
You don't fuck with a dude who eats Gods bro.

You just call him the greatest person to ever live and hope he doesn't devour you entire existence by accident.
>>
>>335262234
>it's just that there will be no light, and no life, and no heat.

It's basically a return to the age of everlasting Dragons.

>>335262267
Might = Right. When you're a god eating abomination the moral spectrum is subject to you.
>>
>>335262234
Both ending leads to the age of darkness. Lord of hollows is just an expansion of the betrayal ending where it shows you why the age of darkness is called the age of humanity.
>>
Why are the statues before Lorian/Lothric so melted? They almost look like they got hit with some heatwave like everything in the Kiln.
>>
File: image.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>335262259
>revert to the age of stone
>the 'tailbone spear' dropped by these guys suggests the 'age of dragons'

Does this help to explain the 'winged motif' you see on alot of the enemies?
>>
>>335262234
>I think that the lord of hollows ending is actually what Aldia was looking for. It's basically fucking with the laws of the universe, and making light and darkness one and the same.
Nah. Lord of Hollows is just Jew Snake propaganda. Aldia knew that this shit was fucked and there was a proper way to fix this this.
Mark my words, the DLC will offer final ending.
>>
>>335262267
He's a saint because he martyred himself for the first flame. BTW a lot of people seem to think Pontiff serves Aldrich, it's actually the opposite (or used to be). Aldrich used to be a cleric who served Pontiff not sure who serves who now.
>>
>>335261385
>Where was the other item talking about how the Queen of Lothric would wander the unkempt graves?
hidden blessing
>>
GUYS GUYS

GUYS

WHAT IF

WHAT IF BLOODBORN IS SET AFTER THE CYCLE IN DARK SOULS IS BROKEN, AND THE WORLD HAS BECOME DARK. EVERYONE IS ASLEEP BECAUSE IT'S DARK, AND THAT'S WHY EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT DREAMS AND SHIT, BECAUSE THEY'RE SLEEPING SINCE THERE'S NO LIGHT.
>>
File: 1379361746366.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1379361746366.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>335262451
>age of humanity = age of darkness
>>
DaS3 has the worst more backwards nonsisical lore of the series. It's fucking stupid
>>
File: Eat Fresh.jpg (24 KB, 398x449) Image search: [Google]
Eat Fresh.jpg
24 KB, 398x449
>>335262079
>Dark Souls 1 sets up an interesting story with the encroaching darkness that is the Abyss.

whoaa darkness is coming, grab a giant torch to avoid it. What a compelling plotline.

BTW that's the exact same plot as Demon's Souls, except it was a fog instead of the blackness, so fuck your meme subseries for doing absolutely nothing original and wasting 3 releases that From could've otherwise been making at least semi-original entries in place of.

>Paying for early access
>Paying an extra $15 to unlock the full game
>Waiting a year for a game fixing patch

Namco was a mistake.
>>
>>335262083
At first I thought that Bearmode just went off to try and figure out how to extend the power he was imbued with by the crowns to everyone else while probably fucking Shanalotte on the side, which would lead into why some people do not naturally hollow even with the Dark Sign. But now I'm not sure if that's true or if it's just because we're special as "The Ashen One" or something. I figured that was why our Hollowing needed to be "teased out", in that it had to be done willingly.
Really Bearmode of the Curse is probably off somewhere doing nothing. Even if you won't go hollow, living forever - particularly with shit going down everywhere that can still kill you - has gotta get old after a while. Dude is probably just fed up with it and went all Heide Knight on us.
>>
>>335261924
>I always thought that the profane flame was a lord soul.
That would again support my theory that the Profaned capital is the place where you originally put Lordvessel in DS 1 as you dumb some powerful souls in that.
>>
>>335262502
That would imply it would end up as an endless cycle of the eternal dragons returning then a god like Gwyn and his posse killing them.
>>
>>335262551
What do you think the lord of hollows ending is then?

>>335262436
It's not the age of ancients, because the age of ancients was just neutral, void of anything. It didn't have life or death or heat or cold or any of that. The age of dark is the age of fire, without fire.
>>
>>335262267

the Crestfallen states that Aldrich was made Lord not by virtue but by might, i'd like to believe that because he was a powerful being he was made a Lord so he could be sacrificed, but he left his place (the Cathedral) helped Sulyvhan become the ruler of Irithyll so he could lead him to Anor Londo where he fucked shit up.
>>
File: 1442264897766.png (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442264897766.png
132 KB, 500x500
>>335262618
>It's a trivialize a game's plot and post furry shit episode
>>
>>335262646
I assume the profane flame is another fucked up experiment to recreate the first flame that came back and bit the asses of the people who made it until Yhorm stopped it. Maybe that was how whoever Yhorm loved died.
>>
>>335262215
mostly when he does his wombo combo, he'll drag you around for miles and you'll see nothing but demon crotch for days
but yeah, his collision is fucked, even the mace drags you around, when you're several feet below it
>>
>>335262561
>martyred himself for the first flame
I'm so sure that he was tied up and dragged kicking and screaming to be thrown in the first flame.
And the convenient stories abut martyrdom came later.
>>
>>335262725
>What do you think the lord of hollows ending is then?
Abyss bullshit. Even though Kaathe knew it was a bad idea, he goaded the people of Oolacile to disturb Manus's corpse that caused him to go feral.
And before that, he was responsible for New Londo going nuts and becoming a society of murderous, humanity sucking dickwraiths.
You honestly trust these fuckers?
>>
>>335261413
>So why did the world in DS3 go to shit?

Lothric was chosen to link the flame but he was a little bitch about it and pussied out.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>profaned flame is bad
>but pyromancy's are kind of considered 'good'
>but pyro merchant implies this holy 'flame' might not be good
>abyss magic
>'deep' magic
>'moon' magic that might not be good
>embered/unkindled/hollow

This shit hurts my fucking brain
>>
File: 1461265681067.jpg (80 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1461265681067.jpg
80 KB, 500x600
FIRSTBORN IS BEST BORN
LASTBORN IS WORST BORN
>>
>tfw didnt even realize the fire in profaned capital was important
>>
>>335263051
>>but pyromancy's are kind of considered 'good'
Pretty sure that pyromancy has always been more or less heretical.
>>
>>335263023
I thought he was just a weak, sickly kid. Wouldn't that fuck with the fire if he linked it? I mean, if the fire gets stronger by people with lots of strong souls linking it, what would happen if a weak dick little shit linked it? Everyone might get AIDs or Super Hollowing or some shit.
>>
>>335262753
>it's a mistaking lore with plot episode

Not to imply that Dark Souls has even remotely captivating lore, but it certainly has no plot.

I bet you think TW3 has a good story.
>>
>>335263051
>guys let's invent more ridiculous shit instead of explaining the already existing ridiculous shit

I wonder if one day Fromsoft will release the documentation of the story and clear this mess up
>>
>>335252812

Wow. That's REALLY good. I'm so happy they used Alva again. He was one of the coolest "side" stories from DaS II.
>>
>>335263201
how it was important ?
>>
>>335263209
>One of the last bosses of the game.
>weak, sickly kid.
>>
>>335244363
Dungeon or the city? Happened to me in the city. I ran to the silver knights room. Had the one follow me upstairs and shielded until the three came in, saw nothing an assumed it was safe. I then proceeded to run downstairs with three silver knights after me and the 3 got their shit kicked in.
>>
File: 1453564393276.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453564393276.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>335262436
>>335262561
>>335262727
I still don't fucking get how they made him a lord of cinder

Did they just hand him a lord souls and was all like "we are done now"

I thought that a lord of cinder is someone that had linked the flame before

But Aldirch clrealy don't fall under that category
>>
>>335263051
The lore in 3 is just shit. It's too reliant of self reference. Dark Souls 1 was excellent because it gave context by referencing real life shit (Manus being the progenitors of humanity in Hindu folklore for example). It's creative incest.
>>
>>335263249
>making arguments from assumptions
dumb furposter
>>
>CHAOS TIMELINE
>FIRST WITCH STARTS OF THE CHAOS FLAME
>EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL
>SHE BECOMES THE BED OF CHAOS ALONG WITH TWO OF HER DAUGHTERS
>DEMONS EVERYWHERE
>CHOSEN UNDEAD KILLS THE BED OF CHAOS AND PACIFIES THE CHAOS
>MANY EONS LATER
>LOST SINNER REVIVES THE CHAOS FLAME
>SINNER IS IMPRISONED FOR THIS
>IVORY KING, AN OLD FOROSSAN GENERAL FIND THE CHAOS AND BUILDS ELEUM LOYCE TO HELP CONTAIN IT
>HE AND HIS KNIGHTS LOSE THE BATTLE WITH IT AND ARE CONSUMED
>ALSANNA IS LEFT TO TRY AND CONTAIN IT AND ASKS THE BEARER OF THE CURSE TO HELP
>BotC SAVES IVORY KING FROM THE CHAOS BUT CANNOT STOP THE FLAME
>ALSANNA IS LEFT TO GUARD THE FLAME AND PRAY FOR THE LOYCE KNIGHTS
>ALSANNA COURT SORCERERS CURSE THE FLAME
>THIS TRIGGERS IT AND IT BECOMES THE PROFANED FLAME
>AT SOME POINT SULYVAHN AND YHORM ARE INVOLVED. IT'S VERY UNCLEAR FROM THIS POINT FORWARDS

>"The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living, without any cares." - Eleonora
>"The formal gold stitching suggests they may have also been oracles." Court Sorceror Robe
>"The court sorcerers used this scroll to claim heirship to Logan's legacy, though how that claim stands up to closer scrutiny is another story." - Logan's Scroll
>"Remnants of the fire that burned down the Profaned Capital, preserved in an icy skull." - Profaned Coal
>"The jailers were among the few survivors inhabiting the Profaned Capital, later serving under Pontiff Sulyvahn. Perhaps the screams emanating from the cells help them forget their old home." - Jailer Set
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.