[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: ff43.png (281 KB, 803x603) Image search: [Google]
ff43.png
281 KB, 803x603
What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year? Replay this year?

What role are you going to take in Final Fantasy Explorers?

What characters do you hope to see in World of Final Fantasy?

Who are you going to main in Dissidia PS4?

Do you think we'll actually see Final Fantasy XV released this year?

How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake? Would you like to see an entire game set in an expansive Midgar? I sure would.

Other wishes and hopes relating to FF?
>>
File: cecil and kain.jpg (149 KB, 765x770) Image search: [Google]
cecil and kain.jpg
149 KB, 765x770
Also, who has the best bromance in Final Fantasy?

Cecil and Cain?
Cloud and Barret?
Squall and Zell?
Tidus and Wakka?
>>
>>322196236
>What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year?
None.
>Replay this year?
Would like to replay 8, but I probably won't.
>What characters do you hope to see in World of Final Fantasy?
Don't care about it.
>Who are you going to main in Dissidia PS4?
Nobody, I'm not playing this shit.
>Do you think we'll actually see Final Fantasy XV released this year?
Don't care. It looks shit.
>How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake?
In the most jewish way they can. Morons will buy it anyway.
>Other wishes and hopes relating to FF?
Make FF14 less shitty again. HW was fun till you finished the story. I'll resub if they fix it.
>>
literally just got the plat for ff 7 on ps4 today.

might pick up 10/10-2 and type-0 to replay on ps4 later this year.

I have no idea what world of final fantasy is.

in dissidia ill probably use onion knight, he seems cool to play.

i think ff xv will release in October or November of 2016.

Despite what people may think on here, I'm still optimistic about the ff 7 remake. I think they will make the first part all of disk one and end the game right when it ends and use it as a type of cliffhanger.
>>
>>322196236
Bravely Second I guess. 15 if it comes out.
KH3 maybe.
Whatever spin-off I guess.
>>
>>322196536
Squall hated Zell
>>
>>322196964
>implying one-sided bromances aren't the best
>>
File: butz-surprised.gif (368 B, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
butz-surprised.gif
368 B, 32x32
What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year? Replay this year?

Been playing vii for the last few months gonna Finnish that, hopefully continue onto viii, is, and x

What role are you going to take in Final Fantasy Explorers?

Dunno if I'll even get it

What characters do you hope to see in World of Final Fantasy?

Don't care just hope it doesn't suck

Who are you going to main in Dissidia PS4?

Probly not gonna play it

Do you think we'll actually see Final Fantasy XV released this year?

Who knows

How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake? Would you like to see an entire game set in an expansive Midgar? I sure would.

They'll Jew us, no midgar is gay

Other wishes and hopes relating to FF?

Eh they don't drag the franchise through the mud too much this year
>>
>>322196236
>What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year? Replay this year?
Final Fantasy V. I'll probably replay FFX or FFX-2 if I get a PS4 and the HD collection. Have never played the international version of those games yet.

>What role are you going to take in Final Fantasy Explorers?
Will go for blue mage, but I hear FFE kinda sucks, hope im wrong.

FF12 characters.

Laguna, Ramza or Gilgamesh.

Yes.

>How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake? Would you like to see an entire game set in an expansive Midgar? I sure would.
I don't mind this idea. I really like Midgar.

FFX-3
>>
>>322196805
>I have no idea what world of final fantasy is.
Kidsbop version of FF.
>>
File: ff44.png (263 KB, 803x603) Image search: [Google]
ff44.png
263 KB, 803x603
>>322196686
>>322196805
>>322196930
>>322196964
>>322197072
>>322197448
>>322197538
>>322197897

Now that ive gotten your attention can someone tell me WHAT THE FUCK IM SUPPOSE TO DO HERE? I haven't saved in a while and I ended up OUTSIDE THE ROOM WITH NOWHERE TO GO. I'm fucking scared /v/. I don't want some stupid glitch to ruin countless hours of progress.
>>
File: cat scholar.png (797 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat scholar.png
797 KB, 857x1200
I'll play FF4 and FF12 for the first time this year, I'm sure. And Heavensward. And XI on a private server.

My wishes for the series are for XV to not be shit, FF7 remake to not be shit, FF9 PC release to have some modern enhancements. I'd also like FF14 to get some decent updates.
>>
>>322198227
no one cares, fuck off
>>
>>322198227
nigga that's not a glitch. In the original, there were TONS of these little "outside the map" paths that were either shortcuts or led to extra loot. You've missed at least 2 leading up to that one. And there's a number still after that one too. Run around, you'll end up at a new room eventually. Just remember the path back.

Welcome to gaming that actually makes you experiment, explore, and think, something you don't see in games these days.
>>
>>322196236
>15 numbered titles
>absurd amount of spin offs

How do you people keep up? This is infinitely worse than Megami Tensei.
>>
>>322199476
It helps that a new game only gets released once every several years.
>>
>>322199476
FF is being constantly recreated with each game, numbered or spin off. With MegaTen, each game is pretty much a copy of the last, outside of extremely insignificant features like "smirk." I honestly don't understand why MegaTen is so highly praised on /v/. Play SMT3 and be done with it forever.
>>
>>322199456
baited :^)
>>
>>322200463
>constantly recreated
Setting it in a new world is not "recreating" it. 1-3 and 4-9 share a vast majority of their features. 10's a more bog standard RPG system and 12 and 13 are just mechanical trainwrecks. 11 and 14 mimic the popular MMOs of their era. 15 is just Kingdom Hearts with slightly less autism.
>>
>>322201215
>4 - 9 share a vast majority of their features

good to know you know nothing and i dont have to continue on in this conversation
>>
Thinking of loading up Crystal Chronicles or 12 izjs again.
>>
>>322200463
Because SMT has solid consistent mechanics and great atmosphere while making whole new worlds between games without an obvious repeated formula for the whole game like say Pokemon has

Also it isn't "mainstream" so /v/ can fool themselves into thinking they aren't associated with any "normalfags" or "autismos" by liking it and such
>>
>>322201767
>SMT has solid consistent mechanics
Elemental rock paper scissors is a solid mechanic? Suddenly consistent mechanics are good for SMT, but bad for FF?
>>
>>322196236
>What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year?
Explorers, maybe.

>Replay this year?
3 or 12.

Blue Mage as always.

Marche

Ramza and Cecil

Yep

>How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake?
Shekels

>Would you like to see an entire game set in an expansive Midgar?
Yep, I like it.

Tactics
>>
>>322196236
I really wish 4,5, and 6's "HD" prts didn't look like iOS garbage
Why couldn't they just update the sprites to look better
>>
>>322203373
>implying the painted low poly isn't beautiful
>>
File: ff4 psp.jpg (144 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
ff4 psp.jpg
144 KB, 960x544
>>322203373
You're in luck for 4 at least. 4 has an HD remake on the PSP that actually looks really good.
1 and 2 also got this treatment, but sadly no other game in the series did.
>>
>>322203737
it isn't
>>322203942
now this is what I'm talking about
>>
>>322203942
>inb4 some retard claims 1, 2, and 4 are RPGmaker visually thinking it compares to the 5 and 6 updates which actually DO look like they were done in RPGmaker
>>
>>322204127
A lot of people tend to associate classic side-view RPGs with RPGM, when it's the engine that's based on them
>>
File: unnamed.png (1 MB, 1412x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
1 MB, 1412x900
>>322203737
>>322203942
why cant 5 and 6 get better treatment
everything looks so out of place here
Who was the visual director, who thought this was ok?
>>
>>322204406
It really does look like some generic RPG maker game. It's clear whoever worked on it didn't give half a fuck.
>>
>>322204406
V and VI were low-budget mobile ports, the PSP titles were full-fledged remakes
>>
>>322196236
FF1(my favorite), 2, and 4
>>
>>322204786
you'd think Square would put more effort into their mobile ports
Just look at Before Crisis FF7, Crystal Defenders, and the unnesesary upcoming Kingdom Hearts filler game
>>
>>322204406
Everything looks pretty good there other than the character models.
>>
>>322202514
How do you know that Ramza is going to be in it? Ramza would be the only reason I even play anything related to Dissidia. Please. Is he confirmed?
>>
I look forward to XV. Big year for FF.
>>
File: Ramza_Dissidia2015.png (393 KB, 515x820) Image search: [Google]
Ramza_Dissidia2015.png
393 KB, 515x820
>>322205887
Its been confirmed ages ago. Here's his artwork. No model shown yet.
>>
>>322196236
1. maybe 7
2.monk
3. Zidane
4. Zidane
5.may the dick suckling commence
6. not the way we want
7. An Ff game where the MC is a monk.
>>
>>322206061
Fuck yes. Sorry I've been under a few rocks.
>>
>>322196536
Edgar and Sabin fgt. And it's an actual bromance for a change.
>>
>>322196236
Well yeah it's already been confirmed a billion times
>>
File: ramzateaseDFF3.png (173 KB, 554x312) Image search: [Google]
ramzateaseDFF3.png
173 KB, 554x312
>>322206061
>No model shown yet.
>>
>>322201215
They share a similar combat structure and nothing more.
>>
>>322206791
Ramza looks tight af. I wonder how his fighting style is gonna be.
>>
>>322196236
What game is that?
>>
>>322206883
*throws rock*
>>
>>322196236
>How do you think Square Enix is going to handle the supposed episodic approach to Final Fantasy VII Remake? Would you like to see an entire game set in an expansive Midgar? I sure would.
It will be the same game as 7 except needlessly cut into pieces to milk the players. End of story. Do not lie to yourself and expect them to add anything substantial.
>>
>>322206883
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/30/dissida-final-fantasy-will-add-ramza-soon-chaos-characters-in-development/

>Dissidia Final Fantasy launched for arcade in Japan last month, and Director Takeo Kujiraoka recently spoke with Famitsu about some more characters that will be added to the action title in the near future.
During the interview, Famitsu asks when can we expect to start seeing additional characters to the arcade game.
“For now we’ve decided to open with the appearance of Ramza, then after his appearance, we’ll sequentially add characters one by one every month and a half or two months,” says Kujiraoka.
“I’m sorry I can’t be more specific for the time being,” he continues. “Production on the Chaos-side of characters have already begun, so please wait a little longer for more information.”
When asked about any other adjustments, Kujiraoka mentions that he’s noticed a trend of “time ups” going on for the game, so they’re keeping a close eye on that. Rather than increasing the time limit of the battles, he feels that they ought to make adjustments to all of the numerical values that are involved with battles instead.
>>
>>322196236
Goddamit. Tellah...
>>
>>322207123
Speaking of chaos side, I wonder if they'll do Ajora as Ramza's opposition.
>>
>>322207009
That rock aught to fuck shit up.
>>
>>322206957
DS version of IV
>>
FF2 was actually pretty fun once I learned heavy armor is garbage and Berserk is your best friend.
>>
>>322196236
Well, I started X a month ago for the first time. Also, XV's coming out. There are other playthroughs I have to finish, too (V, VIII...). No clue about replaying, however.
No idea, mang.
More than Lightning and Cloud would be good.
Whoever fits my playstyle, lel
Absolutely.
FFVII is my favorite game, bar none. And I'm out of this episodic shit. Also no, thereshouldn't be 1 fucking game for Midgar.
I hope they back-track on their FFVII design-changing decisions and if episodic has to be, they're really low on the jewery so that I can consider it. Otherwise I'll just get the classic port. And hopefully I have more time for XIV.
>>322196536
Auron and Jecht
>>
>>322207609
>FF2
>fun

Pick one
>>
>>322207835
>Auron and Jecht
If only we saw more. Imagine seeing a more linear progression of Auron and Jecht's friendship, Auron's stoic, religious side decaying as Jecht introduces him to enjoying the finer things in life: booze and women. You know, I feel like it would kinda be like the main characters of HBO's Rome.
>>
>>322207609
>there's more ways to cast berserk in FF2 than there are numbered FF games

what the fuck?
>>
>>322207835
>spoiler
being such a bro your bond is strong enough to keep you alive after being killed just so you can raise your bros son and end your bros suffering
Yeah, pretty bro.
>>
File: ff45.png (295 KB, 803x606) Image search: [Google]
ff45.png
295 KB, 803x606
haha what the fuck
>>
>>322208253
Does Square Enix think Canadians are midgets or something?
>>
>>322208063

It's one spell leveled up.
>>
>>322208253
>roleplaying_as_manlytears.png (295 KB, 803x606)
>>
>>322196236
>What Final Fantasy games are you going to play for the first time this year? Replay this year?
FFX and FFX-2 for the first time. I plan on replaying FFIV and The After Years after that.

No idea. I haven't followed the game at all, but I'm thinking of picking up if I feel like it or if there is ever a dry spell in games.

Vincent and Kain

Squall I think

Late November maybe

I just don't know

FFV and FFVI remakes.
>>
File: ff46.png (230 KB, 802x601) Image search: [Google]
ff46.png
230 KB, 802x601
>brothers

Someone wanna explain this shit to me
>>
>>322208505
Toad and Piggy are black magic spells that turn the target into a Toad or a Pig.
They are brothers but the other two are cursed yo
>>
>>322196236

I hope Dissidia PS4 diversifies the roster. I don't want just main protagonists or important characters. I want characters like Cid from FF4, Red XIII from FF7, and Wakka from FF10.
>>
>>322209128
How is Wakka gonna play? TPS style?
>>
>>322209974
He's gonna play like any other character in Dissidia.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.