[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: smugfox zero.png (306 KB, 1319x960) Image search: [Google]
smugfox zero.png
306 KB, 1319x960
game release soon

dualshockers did a review of SFZ and they found it pretty fine (83/100)

still weird their score isn't published on MC yet
>>
File: JUST FOX.png (316 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
JUST FOX.png
316 KB, 1366x768
>command has a higher score
Cuthbert wins again
>>
Reminder:

There are more cancelled Star Fox games than there are good Star Fox games.
>>
File: star fox olde tyme.png (2 MB, 1800x1324) Image search: [Google]
star fox olde tyme.png
2 MB, 1800x1324
>>335127826
Assault is the fan favorite of the series. That's obviously not to say it's the most popular game in the whole franchise, but it none the less has a lot of fans despite the bad reviews it got at the time of release.

I have no idea where Zero is going to end up in the Star Fox lexicon, but I think it's going to end up being pretty forgettable. This is the third time Miyamoto has beaten this horse and I think it is pretty much dead now. There are so many directions he could have gone in with this game, but he chose to just re-imagine the original game yet again with a new controller gimmick. I think Miyamoto should spend less time trying to "fix" the way we control games, and focus more on actual game ideas.
>>
Star Fox Zero is criminally underrated

All because it's current year
>>
>>335128987
Most people can't even buy it yet. It's a bit early to call it "underrated."
>>
File: samus coffee.jpg (203 KB, 642x694) Image search: [Google]
samus coffee.jpg
203 KB, 642x694
Watched the CG short yesterday.
I am beyond ready to spend a day off with my childhood all over again.
>>
Who else is gonna rate the game low on Metacritic so Nintendo knows not to make another Motion Controlled Star Fox game? I know I am!
>>
>>335130146
Who else is gonna actually play the game before writing it off? I know I will!
>>
>>335130228
Why did there need to be motion controls Anon

Tell me why
>>
Any footage of the real final boss yet?
>>
File: 54224582485.jpg (66 KB, 574x430) Image search: [Google]
54224582485.jpg
66 KB, 574x430
>>335131113
The same reason they cut the framerate in half to get the game running on two screens at the same time, even you can't look at both screens at the same time.

Miyamoto has Alzheimer's
>>
>>335128901

Assault really was terrible. If they just made a new SF64 style game with normal controls and a new story, we'd be on the right track.
>>
>>335127826
command is the worst
>>
>>335128901
>Assault is the fan favorite of the series
For Gamecube babbies.

Zero is more 64 which is what SF fans want.
>>
>>335130146
Why are you under this weird impression that:
1: Nintendo gives a shit about Metacritic ratings
2: They would actually care about rating over units sold
3: They would see a bad rating and think to themselves "Ah, yes, this must be because of the CONTROLLER" instead of going the more logical route of "Well it looks like people don't like Star Fox. Better cram it in the Metroid hole for another ten years."
>>
>>335131704
I'm a Star Fox fan and I didn't want a remake of Star Fox 64 with gimmicky new controls. And I'd wager I've been playing these games longer than you, because I bought Star Fox on the SNES when it first came out.
>>
File: 2f8.png (275 KB, 655x343) Image search: [Google]
2f8.png
275 KB, 655x343
>>335131765
>Why are you under this weird impression that Nintendo gives a shit about Metacritic ratings

Call it a hunch.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.