[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some old games you never knew about but have found recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 250px-Edotmwbox.jpg (29 KB, 250x380) Image search: [Google]
250px-Edotmwbox.jpg
29 KB, 250x380
What are some old games you never knew about but have found recently and now that you know about them, you can't help but wonder why they weren't more popular?
>>
I really liked that game
>>
>>335125847
It's probably better than the first Empire Earth.

But since it's difficult for even Empire Earth to get mentioned in an RTS thread it's no wonder I hadn't heard of it until now.
>>
File: 8-1350_2.jpg (199 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
8-1350_2.jpg
199 KB, 1024x819
>>335125952
Speaking of Empire Earth, Empire Earth II is really underrated, I'd say it's better than Rise of Nations.
>>
>>335125952
my father, I and my Brother used to play empire earth in a "deathmatch" every few weeks for some years.

Right now only my dad keeps playing it, it's the only game he has learnt and still have fun with it
>>
File: 3454235423.jpg (262 KB, 1280x868) Image search: [Google]
3454235423.jpg
262 KB, 1280x868
>>335126032
Empire Earth has the NeoEE mod that makes it still compatible to play online.

Empire Earth II has a similar mod as well.

Only Empires: Dawn of the Modern World doesn't have any special treatment and that makes me sad. I've been playing compstomp a lot and been having tons of fun; I really want to play against some friends.

It's like waiting for Battle Realms to get a new online mode.
>>
Thinly-veiled RTS thread anyone?
>>
File: empires-dawn-modern-world-6.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1082) Image search: [Google]
empires-dawn-modern-world-6.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1082
>>
P-Pls respond.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (361 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
361 KB, 1360x768
Also I was interested in Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War, but there aren't any torrents available, so much for trying that out.
>>
>tfw the only way to make an alive thread on /v/ is to make it about DaSIII or some other shitposting topic
>even if you get the thread you want it will just be full of shit opinions
>>
>>335127068
Man, that and Praetorians deserve much more recognition than they ever get.
>>
R-RTS thread p-pls.
>>
>>335127507
I never played Praetorians but I will give it a shot.

Hopefully it's not 0 seeders like Rise and Fall...
>>
Shoutouts to Rise of Nations for trying to be a good game but failing.

Shoutouts to Empire Earth II which is better than Rise of Nations.
>>
>>335127914
Just give it up, anon.
No one's coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxqvjVSi_l4
>>
>>335128314
I must try.
>>
Games like Total War and Wargame are also allowed.
>>
>>335128681
you should try during other hours
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.