[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one play through these games without a guide? I am terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dark souls 2.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
How does one play through these games without a guide? I am terrible with navigation and always lose track of where I am and where I have to go.

Should I just use a guide bros?
>>
git a better brain
>>
>>335121218
The games are actually pretty linear so it shouldn't be that easy to get lost.

Another thing they do to make sure you don't get lost is make all the areas look unique so every single room you go into has a distinct feel to it.

No, it's not perfect so please don't post a few examples that prove this "wrong," I'm saying in general the games do this.
>>
>>335121218
Just accept that you're going to miss some things on your first and second run. It's not a big deal and makes discovering things release that sweet, sweet dopamine.

>Should I just use a guide bros?
Do what you want, OP, but realize that you only get one chance to go in blind, and there is something fundamentally wonderful about that feeling. If you want to sacrifice that experience then by all means do so, but I would take some time to think about that decision.

This applies to any video game that has any since of exploration and discovery.
>>
>>335121218
The only part of the game that might require a guide is how to get into the Huntsman Copse. That shit made no sense to me back then.
>>
>Should I just use a guide bros?
no
>>
>>335121218
I had the same problem in DS2, because level design isn't that good. In DeS, DS1, DS3 and BB it's way easier to comprehend the areas you're exploring.
>>
>>335121974
I got lost pretty badly Bloodborne sometimes. Nightmare Frontier and Forbidden Woods especially, everything looks the damned same.
>>
Sell me on SotFS, /v/. I haven't played DS2 since release, and I never played any of the Lost Crowns.

I love Demon's and Dark Souls.
>>
>>335121218
hug left
this is gaming 101.
>>
>>335122146
Scholar of the first sin is cool dude
>>
>>335122146
this place makes it seem like shit, but it's honestly not that bad
>>
>>335122146
There is no bad souls DLC imo. The Lost Crowns are great.
As for the rest of the changes they added some enemies and changed some positioning to catch you out if you think you know the old levels.
There are also quite a few more NPC invasions which are interesting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.