[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gameplay = Atmosphere >>>>>>>> Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: sakuratu1_01.jpg (98 KB, 696x1002) Image search: [Google]
sakuratu1_01.jpg
98 KB, 696x1002
Gameplay = Atmosphere >>>>>>>> Story
>>
atmosphere is really something that is from graphics. Sometimes you get Atmosphere by accident or even limitations in tech. Take for example Silent Hill 1.
>>
If the story's good and mostly the point of the game, I'm prioritizing story.
If the gameplay is great and the "story" just serves to progress levels, I'm prioritizing gameplay.

Why does it always have to be one or the other and not a selection of different things? Fucking /v/ and railroaded train of thought.
>>
>>335118626
Music contributes as well.
>>
>>335118652
It's a way of saying which types of prioritizations you prefer.

Since I like gameplay and atmosphere more than story, I'm likely going on in general games that emphasize gameplay or atmosphere, over games that emphasize story.
>>
>>335118714
But OP is implying that the other doesn't deserve to exist. Or that there's no point to it. It's made as a generalization, not a personal opinion.
>>
>>335118545
There was this doujin where on the cover she's seminude and penetrated by tentacles. I never got to know if it was translated or not.
>>
>>335118804
I am OP, and that's not what I was implying.

I was implying that I vastly prefer games that emphasize gameplay and atmosphere over games that emphasize story.
>>
>>335118889
I think of atmosphere more as the setting, music, and graphics
>>
>>335118545
Atmosphere is really a melt of gameplay, story music and graphic.

Gameplay>music>story>framerate>Graphic.
>>
File: b92.png (243 KB, 600x652) Image search: [Google]
b92.png
243 KB, 600x652
>>335118545
Music>>>>>>everything else
>>
>>335118876
You can't really separate the atmosphere from the story, hough.
>>
>>335119061
>>335118984
>>335118889
you're so autistic it hurts
the framerate was the first sign, but then you made the same post 3 times
>>
Music > Gameplay > Framerate > Graphics >>> Story

Plenty of older games didn't have convoluted stories but had catchy tunes but there's far less of them recently.
>>
>>335118876
>that I vastly prefer games

No, you did not personalize that opinion. The way you made the post, you generalize.
>>
>>335119214
The discussion is automatically inherently opinion and value laden. Didn't think it needed to be stated that subjective things are opinions.
>>
>>335119121
Nothing to do with autism, I just deleted and reposted them because I had messed up the first two, sorry about that.
>>
>>335119178
>Music > Gameplay > Framerate > Graphics >>> Story
Story is are more important than graphic. Graphic should be last.

And gameplay is more importnat than music.
>>
>>335119112
The character arcs and plot points that I experience through dialog and actions are pretty easily separable from the overall mood that the environment, visuals, and music paint.

Semantics aside, point is I care about music, visuals, and setting jointly on equal terms with gameplay (though not individually so), and over story. Whatever it is that the three combine to make can be called whatever you want to call it. If atmosphere isn't the right word than we can use a different word.
>>
File: Image-848974.jpg (248 KB, 1000x974) Image search: [Google]
Image-848974.jpg
248 KB, 1000x974
Gameplay>Performance>Art design>Music>graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>story.
>>
>>335119390
>is are
>importnat
A great story can be put off by dogshit visuals or zero effort (pixelshit like Undertale) in my eyes. And music is a preference over gameplay since I won't remember a game positively if I can't enjoy the osts they have to offer, they make environments all the more richer if done right.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.