[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No man's sky is a walking simulator with few things to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 26
File: no-mans-sky-1940x1098.jpg (373 KB, 1940x1098) Image search: [Google]
no-mans-sky-1940x1098.jpg
373 KB, 1940x1098
No man's sky is a walking simulator with few things to do and the developers are so blinded they don't see it lacks actual gameplay.
Toughts?
>>
Ignorant twat: the post
>>
>>335115127
Fucking kill yourself you PC Cuck or Nintenyearold. Stay mad you'll never get to play this game.
>>
Water is wet.
Thoughts?
>>
>>335115204
Shil: The post
>>
>>335115241
It's coming out on PC though?
>>
>>335115241
nice false flag shill.
>>
>>335115127
>Walking simulator
>Can fly around in a fucking spacecraft
>>
It's not even fucking out yet.
>>
>>335117232
yeah that's gonna get boring after a few hours
>>
>>335115127

Bunch of stuff about it rings alarm bells for sure
>>
>>335115241
>PC Cuck
Isnt it released on Pc and console on the same day?
>>
>>335115127
More like No Content's Sky

FUCKING GOT EM BOIZZZ YEEHAW
>>
>>335115127
Looks to me itll have just enough to keep me entertained until planet nomads is released. From what ive seen this has exactly the chilled out kinda pace i like to chill out to.

To those saying its just a walking simulator with nothing to do and itll get boring...youre idiots, I dont understand why this un released game has as much hate as it does.
This is a walking siimulator with an upgradeable spaceship, spacesuit, jetpack, personal weapon, multitool set in an almost infinite universe.
Skyrim is a walking simulator with copy paste caves and some sword.
Battlefield is a walking simullator with machine guns and a tank or 2.
Super Mario is a walking simulator with some mushrooms.
Minecraft is a walking simulator with blocks.
Dark souls is a walking simulator for angsty try hards that think theyre shit hot gamers.
Real life is a walking simulator with jobs and billls.
>>
File: Ayy.png (423 KB, 566x471) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.png
423 KB, 566x471
>>335115127
Oh wowee, another one.
>>
File: 1376298168468.jpg (18 KB, 189x354) Image search: [Google]
1376298168468.jpg
18 KB, 189x354
>>335118772
>this entire post
wew lad
>>
Anyone that doesn't believe this game will bomb and be forgotten about within a month of its release is severely delusional/stupid/underage. It's the new Spore/Brink.
>>
>>335115127
I'm cautious about it, might be good, might be boring shit. It all depends on the quality of the procedural generation, should have gotten Toady to design it.
>>
>>335119207
No. The difference between Spore and Brink and this game is that only idiots are pumped for No Man's Sky. Everyone was pumped for Spore and Brink.
>>
>>335118772
>as much hate as it does
Probably because people don't trust the developers as they've shown so very little of the game.
>>
>>335115127
>it lacks actual gameplay
define "actual gameplay"
>>
File: 1418121489527.jpg (872 KB, 1906x1961) Image search: [Google]
1418121489527.jpg
872 KB, 1906x1961
>>335119207
Can't I have realistic expectations of the game, know it's not for everyone and that random generation has its limits, but also think I'll enjoy it because it appeals to my tastes (slow paced exploration - I really like Grow Home and the Truck Sim games, and I love games with massive sizes and scales), get it, play it and enjoy it?

Not everything has to be the end all be all of some fucking extremity.
>>
>>335119591
>I really like Grow Home

I almost got triggered there for a second.
>>
>>335115127
I never really read anything about this game

Do you get a gun? Can you build stuff? Do you have to get food and water to survive? Do the game even have a inventory system?

Im jumping on the hate wagon if you cant do anything but walk and fly in this game.
>>
>>335119662
You get an upgradeable gun/multitool thats abilities can be altered with bl;ueprints and the right resources. As far as I know you dont need food or water but you willl need the proper upgrades to your gear to survive in certain environments and you will need fuel to use your hyperdrive.
There is an invventory system and the cargo capacity of your ship can be upgraded, not 100% certain but i think upgrades are shown visually on your ship.
Along with the walking and flying theres also a jetpack and you can mine resources, but its more a collection mechanic than the mining you see in minecraft, On some planets you will lfind ruins and relics and studying these willl allow you to decipher alien languages, as you become more fluent you will be able to communicate better with the various NPCs, to my knowledge theyve only shown 1 alien race so far you can communicate with but there will be several. You can be a trader, an explorer, a pirate or just a drifter, im sure theres going to be other things to do ingame and i imagine the NPCs willl offer missions of some sort, though im not sure if this has been shown or confirmed.

Id wait till the games out before hating it.
From what ive seen the game looks great, exactly what im looking for so im buying on release and ill be posting my experiences on /v/ shortly after.
>>
>>335120574
Wow. a decent reply on /v/

That sound a lot better than what was shown in the trailer. I didn't even know about there being any NPC's.
>>
File: No-Mans-Sky-12-09-2013-8[1].jpg (141 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
No-Mans-Sky-12-09-2013-8[1].jpg
141 KB, 1200x675
i am triggered by colours of this game. Looks fuckin retarded. Why the fuck cant it be normal green grass, green trees.
>>
>>335122170
since it's procedure generated
you can find a normal one I guess
>>
Why do people hype up this shit so much? I get it, the universe is big. Haven't you learned the big lessons of open-world games, which is that bigger worlds make each individual experience more generic?
I'd rather explore a dense planet than explore 6000 planets that are shallow and all exactly the same.
>>
>>335122170
Because it wouldn't be an alien planet otherwise. I wish it'd look more alien though like giant floating crystal mushrooms or something
>>
>>335122292
They've shown planets with giant mushrooms, crystals (practically every planet really), and floaty bits, so I imagine if you look hard enough you can find one with all 3. I generally agree though, a lot of the planets look like generic earth with a different color palette, but they've shown a couple interesting ones that look like proper alien worlds as well.

I guess we'll see on release if they deliver good variation.
>>
I won't be buying it for a few weeks after it launches.
>>
>>335122576
>I guess we'll see on release if they deliver good variation.
You realize that devs plaster the most interesting parts of their game all over when they market it, right? I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the real creativity to be hidden away when the promotional material is all generic.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
Can I find a planet made by money or noodles?
>>
>>335122229
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU'RE NOT COOL ENOUGH
>>
>>335122667
But not all of the promotional material is generic. Most of it is, but some of the planets actually look like they'd be fun to explore.
>>
>>335117494
Like everything does as you get older.

Welcome to Humanity.

We get bored easily and constantly.
>>
>>335122702

You could find a planet covered in Gold or deep canyons of Crystals and pernament thunderstorms.

Well you might find a planet covered in noodle like plants.

Dev said the closer you get to the center of the galaxy you will find more 'alien' looking things
>>
I just do not understand why people so hyped for this ultimate walking simulator without any real gameplay.
>>
>>335122864
Can't wait to see this bubble burst
>>
>>335122897

Because they either have a gaming PC or a PS4
>>
>>335122864
Wow, planet WITH CRYSTALS!
Wow, planet with NOODLE LIKE PLANTS!
SO AMAZING!

And with hand made work you can have planets with 4 dimensions, different gravities in different areas, mobius like planets, all crazy stuff, not just different color reskin shit,
>>
>>335122667
If the planets are randomly generated, you can't really ever plaster the most interesting parts, can you?

Cuz someone will come along with a new seed that looks more interesting every time. And the same for every player once it's released.
>>
File: 1459052403111.png (291 KB, 540x672) Image search: [Google]
1459052403111.png
291 KB, 540x672
>>335115241
>mfw nintenyearolds false flag as sonygers
Shouldn't you be hot gluing you amiboos?
>>
Usually whenever I talk about this game people tell me "well yea you explore and mine and upgrade your stuff" to which my response is "are but what do you DO." Repeat forever. I guess this game just isn't my taste because to me it seems completely devoid of any real gameplay. Looking through an art book of the planets designs is essentially the same experience as playing this game as far as I can tell. I could never get "in to" mine craft so I'm assuming this game is the same, but prettier and more restrictive.
>>
>>335123082
Could you please describe to me your ideal version of gameplay?
>>
>>335123037
Again, I can't WAIT for this bubble to burst. It's randomly generated so the devs can't possibly find something interesting to show? Can't wait to play if that's the case!
>>
>>335123082
>I could never get "in to" mine craft so I'm assuming this game is the same
To be fair, minecraft have very intricate and complex gameplay compared to this shit.
That is why minecraft billion dollar hit and everybody will forget this game after a month.
>>
File: 1457479683264.png (728 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1457479683264.png
728 KB, 5000x5000
>>335118962
>>
>>335115127
Well, it's the western way in video games. Shane on any of you who fall for this kind of game
>>
>people going nuts over vr games that let you clumsily play with blocks.
>but a space exploration game is boring
reminder never to base your opinions on what you read on /v/
>>
File: KKBAmHJ.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KKBAmHJ.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
They've explained the method behind the planets. The planets aren't 'random' they've set rules and guidelines for the computer to create these planets so they'll be very weird alien looking planets and stuff more recognizable. Animals found on planets closer to the sun will have smaller/no eyes and scaley skin or live only in the planets caves. Planets further from the sun can have very woolly creatures with larger eyes

I don't know why people think this will get 'boring' after a few hours for people who like exploring. Elder Scrolls Arena or Elite Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress all have large procedural areas that people still find interesting to explore years after its release.
>>
>>335123175
Nothing you've seen has been interesting?

Looks interesting to me.
>>
>>335123295
Boring for me purely because of them saying how the main aspect is exploring and finding undiscovered things - which sounds fantastic - but then adding in magical space police who make it canon that absolutely nothing you "find" was not already discovered.
>>
>>335123349
Show me an interesting planet. I'll wait.
>>
>>335123145

Yes, I probably could. Gameplay of what sort though, for what genre? I really can't even tell what kind of gameplay this game is trying to have. To me it seems like it's trying to cash in on the mine craft craze but 5 years too late. If it's trying to be a mine craft like experience then sure, it's probably achieving that. But too me that's very shallow and depends entirely on how long you can be entertained by a "resource treadmill." As in, collecting a rare resource let's me collect an even rarer resource, rinse, wash, and repeat.
>>
>>335123295
>Elite Minecraft
>>
>>335123295
>Elder Scrolls Arena or Elite Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress
Games with gameplay to accompany huge random world vs no gameplay.
>>
>>335123376

Your the first ''human' to find the planet, those Sentinels were programmed only to go out only to go out on their own and protect life. They only appear on certain planets.

>>335123443

Okay fine, Elite and Minecraft
>>
File: Planet.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Planet.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
>>335123397
>>
File: 1459146585988.jpg (51 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1459146585988.jpg
51 KB, 500x665
So how does this shit work?

OP just needs to trigger a few people in order to keep this thread at the top of the catalog? Because even if the thread is all shitposting, /v/ traffic will at least SEE the NMS logo in the OP and remember that it exists?

Is this the new way to get people to look at 'ads' in the age of Adblockers?
>>
Looks more like an experiment in procedural content instead of an actual fun game
Game is gonna suck
>>
>>335123397
This looks pretty interesting. (not my post)
>>335123295

But interesting is subjective. I'm the kind of person who will stop and check out the plants and grass and rocks in video games. I literally stop to smell the roses, because it's interesting to me to see how detailed it is.

For you, that might not be true. It's subjective.

>>335123403
I'm just wondering what you think a video game is?

It's a number stacker. That's the goal of 99.9% of video games. You play to have higher numbers over time. Whether that's more kills, more resources, more stats, etc.

It's ALL a grind to obtain a higher value of X.

So when you say that this game's version of gameplay isn't really gameplay because it doesn't have YOUR preferred method of grinding higher numbers for entertainment, you're being hilarious and silly. Do you understand, now?
>>
>>335123519

They've shown gameplay everything from mining to attacking a freighter for elements to breaking into a factory to steal blue prints.

You also have the main storyline of finding out what is producing the sentinels, why and whats in the center of the galaxy. Also quests you can pick up in stations and settlements.
>>
Why does this game get shilled so much here?
You seriously never see so many autists try and defend their 'game' in any other thread
>>
File: Planet2.jpg (163 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
Planet2.jpg
163 KB, 520x390
>>335123584
>>
>>335123724
game is close to release

microworkers earning their 5cents per post. Look up Mechanical Turk
>>
>>335123721
>mining
Press x near the rock

>attacking
toy gun, no good feelings at all

>breaking into a factory
You now just imagine things, breaking, lol.
>>
>>335123724

To be fair half the threads are Xbox fans saying it looks boring.

Also one of the few games that "might" be amazing this year.
>>
File: Planet3.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Planet3.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>>335123776
>>
>>335123721
Also, look at that screen, so much NOTHING in it.
You had more detailed worlds in ME.
>>
>>335123724
Is it shilling to show interest in an upcoming videogame and talk about it?

>You seriously never see so many autists try and defend their 'game' in any other thread

Ever been in a Dark Souls thread?
>>
>>335123827

I guess you haven't watched any of the game play videos since you explained all three activities wrong.
>>
>>335123875
WOW, look at those crystals, you sure can do NOTHING with them.
>>
>>335117232
It is still in the meaning of walking sim. You can fly for ages without doing nothing. Sry, this shit is bland and boring. Ever played X or freelancer?

Let's count the gameplay of this shit:
- flying around and exploring
- pew pew with enemies (oh snap, just like the most games)
- ?

That's it, 2 things to do in this game
There is no:
- diplomacy.
- planet destroyer weapon
- creating and raising my alien race on a planet to a civilisation
- enslave alien species and force them to fuck each other to creAte new races.
- building and creating
- surviving game mechanics
- ship upgrade or character progress because of surviving game mechanic
>>
what gets me is how each planet consists of the same thing all over

Is it really one biome per planet? Can I go to Rezosu's antartica and chill with the alien penguins and then travel halfway across that same planet to visit its version of the Sahara?
>>
>>335123997

Some planets can be one biome if they are close to or far from the sun but others have day night cycles and weather

>>335123989

You can't do any of those things in X or Freelancer. Why are people so weird about this game? "YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THAT ROCK APART FROM MINE IT"

What the fuck? Are Xbone fans so annoyed it's not coming to them? Maybe they should just ask their mom for money to buy both consoles
>>
File: 1435052366834.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1435052366834.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
Honestly this game is going to be shit. Like cool I get it, there's lots of stuff but the difference between two worlds isn't interesting enough to make up for the fact you literally can't do anything with the planets that's fun like colonize it or change its climate or interefere with the fauna to try and force certain evolutionary niches, maybe import a predator and watch it hunt the planet to extinction. You know, anything worthwhile.

All we can do is fly around and look. What a fucking waste.
>>
>>335123953
You can mine them for whatever resource they are though.
>>
>>335124164
do you have pics showing the same planet with different biomes?
>>
>>335124205
WOW.
>>
>>335115127
Well, duh. This kind of shit only appeals to normies who will shill it for a couple weeks, show it to their friends incessantly, and then never play it again.
>>
>>335123989
Yeah but some people are completely happy with exploring something in space. I played freelancer for a good time and had my fun, now it's boring. Doesn't make it a bad game, at some point you will just move on, which is normal.
>>
>>335124256
What else would you do with them?
>>
>>335124273
Oh, I'm sure you continually play every game you found "good" and beat a long time ago?

You're playing them right now, right?

Oh, wait, no, you're shitposting on /v/
>>
>>335124385

The problem is this game will keep my attention for 2 hours, compared to most games I consider good lasting over 30 or at least 5-6 if its a short, cheap game.
>>
looking forward to it
>>
>>335124346
Uprgade them by mining other rocks so you can have a big asteroid which gives you better minerals which you can use to upgrade your asteroid so you can upgrade your weapons! Whre is my "progression"? Why can't I be artificially motivated to play a game whose concept I fundamentally dislike!
>>
>>335123989
there is faction based diplomacy, not sure how sophisticated it is though.
planet terrain is deformable by weapon fire....not sure how powerful the weapons get but you probably cant one shot a whole planet.
your too points about creating and enslaving aliens are correct, you can do neither of those things here....maybe youd like to go play spore though, its a different sort of game entirely
building and creating....kinda yeh kinda no, just upgrades really as far as i know. if thats what you want theres always minecraft.
surviving mechanics...sorta, you need to upgrade your gear to survive harsher environments
and there is most definately ship upgrades. No character progression that i know of however your suit and tool/weapon upgrades are permanent, evven after death so i guess it offers a similar mechanic...rather than you increasing your characters toughness you increase your armours defense.
>>
>>335124346
sell them
build a crystal palace with them
use them to decorate the space station?
>>
File: 2883978-2883821-no_mans_sky_4.jpg (429 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2883978-2883821-no_mans_sky_4.jpg
429 KB, 1920x1080
>>335123989

>Diplomacy
There is diplomacy with dozens of alien races, you can get on their good side to buy stuff cheaper or get blueprints to their ships and weapons for free. You can also call them for support if your being attacked on planet or in space.

>Planet destroying weapons

Developer did say you can wipe out all life on a planet... maybe not the planet itself

>Creating a alien race on a planet

That isn't what the game is about its not a 4X game. The goal is to be moving forward to the center.

>Weird alien fetish stuff

Maybe you should stay on the internet for what you want instead

>Building and creating

No station or base building since that would discourage players from moving forward. Developer did say it might be something they add in the future, he mentioned a custom ship or station. They want to add features after release for free.

>Surviving game mechanics

Well you have oxygen and finite thermal layers to manage, planets also get more dangerous at night or day depending on planetary weather and predators. Your encouraged to walk away from your ship to explore a bigger area and risk losing what your carrying if you die.

>Ship or character upgrade

You can upgrade both your ship your weapons and your suit. You can turn your nimble fighter into a long range trader, or your multitool into a sniper rifle or your suit into a lead lined under water jetpack
>>
>>335124503

dont play it then, theres plenty of other games for you to choose
>>
>>335124435
Just because your attention span is shit and you need constant action doesn't mean a game sucks. I could never play Final Fantasy because for me the combat is really boring and the story sucks. Doesn't make it a bad game though, just not my taste. This game is really for a niche of gamers who like exploring, so why hate on it if you are not one of them? They funded it already so it's all good.
>>
Still don't know if the game will be worth pirating. Everyone makes it Sound like a no Gameplay only looking at things experience.
>>
>>335124435
Then don't buy it and fuck off.

Why are you here?

You're bored and want to start shit with people you deem inferior for being excited about a game you've built a presupposition of failure into.

Basically, you're an asshole.
>>
>>335124627

I like exploring though anon, just not exploring the same thing over and over again :^)

I'm convinced everyone is a shill in this thread though because no one responds to fucking proper arguments
>>335124186
and instead just push their agenda
>>335124562

so fuck all you
>>
The game is out soon and I still don't really know what you fucking do in it. Can somebody explain?
>>
>>335124571
Yeah that was my point, I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>335115127
>If the game is not constantly treating my ADHD, it's a walking simulator

I think you're a faggot
>>
>>335124503
Sure, I get that you want to upgrade them by mining other rocks so you can have a big asteroid which gives you better minerals which you can use to upgrade your asteroid so you can upgrade your weapons, but my question is, WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO? I mean, it's all meaningless anyway.
>>
>>335124694
I agree, if it really is the same shit over and over again I will not buy it. But I haven't seen real gameplay yet, so it's too early to judge. Random creation of biomes and terrain shouldn't be to hard, so I I'll just wait until it gets released and look at some gameplay.
>>
>>335115127
The devs have been pretty honest about it, though. It's the hypemongering kids and journalists and shit who're ruining this game.
>>
>>335115241
>nyggers think No Man's Sky is exclusive
Cute.
>>
>>335124760
Moving to the center. The goal is to upgrade your ship until you reach the center of the galaxies.

And this could take 5 billion years.
>>
>>335124869
>The devs have been pretty honest about it, though.
They said there would be multiplayer. Now in the last minute they've went 'YEAH LIKE MULTIPLAYER BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANYONE ELSE. STILL COUNTS THOUGH!'
>>
>>335124760
>>335124725
>>
>>335123038
>mfw samefag tries to save face by only blaming nintenyearolds
>>
>>335124717
you explore planets, mine resource x to power your ship to see whats at the center of the universe
>>
>"There is nothing to do in game at ALL"

>"You can do things"

>"YOU MUST BE A SHILL"
>>
>>335124997
Even in this art player doing NOTHING.
>>
File: 847.gif (63 KB, 398x336) Image search: [Google]
847.gif
63 KB, 398x336
>>335124872
>Falling to obvious false-flags
Gross
>>
>>335124961
So, Mass Effect mining but with actually visiting planets?
>>
>>335115127
It's just a sandbox game with loads of stuff to see. Exploring stuff without a goal is what this game is about, not hard mechanical or strategical challenges. It's literally the most casual game you can imagine, which makes it great if you just want to relax a bit.
>>
I will probably get this game

it's the first game of it's type: a space exploration game with generated planets to discover

I always wanted to be a spess explorer and t-b-h it's a nice change from the typical spess games we see
>>
>>335125056
>i was only pretending
Samefag pls go and stay go.
>>
>>335124760
The goal of this game is to move to the center of the galaxy.

How is this difficult to understand?

This is what the goal is, and what you DO is travel to it.

You will never have enough fuel in one shot in a ship to reach it, so you have to visit a lot of planets to gather fuel. That's what you DO to reach your GOAL.

There's other shit you can do besides that, but that's the path.

If you try and shit talk about that, try to remember most other games all you DO is kill people in various ways and in various places. How is that any better?
>>
>>335124917
But they weren't lying in the first place, now were they? They said there will be multiplayer, and there will be. Stop being a dickweed.
>>
>>335125105
Sorry, bro there's a couple other games that have space exploration with generated planets.

Space Engine and Rodina off the top of my head.
>>
>>335125141
>sixty jew coins just to fly in a straight line, and to prolong that they force you to get resources to fuel your ship just to go straight again
Wonderful, where can I preorder for sixty shekels?
>>
File: 96666709.jpg (23 KB, 316x286) Image search: [Google]
96666709.jpg
23 KB, 316x286
>mfw i'm going to enjoy exploring space and 'WALKING' around new planets seeing stuff for the first time no matter how much people on the internet say I won't
>>
>>335125141
Probably because killing people involves much more than prolonging the realization you sunk $60 into a flying simulator game.
>>
>fly around space
>land on planets and look at things
>upgrade your ship so you can land on more planets and look at more things
>no trading
>no fighting
>no storyline
>no industry

there's nothing to fucking do, no purpose to any of the shit you do
>>
Idc what you assmads think, but I'll be enjoying the shit out of this game when I'm high. Seems like such a fucking comfy game.

inb4
>DUDE
>>
>>335125141
Well I think most people today are used to skinner boxes all over the place. I for example would have never played diablo III if it hadn't been for the dumb items you get.
Some people aren't aware of this mechanic and can't simply explore for the sake of finding something new. Making your "own" goals isn't a thing in games anymore, so people are alienated by the concept.
If the developers would have wanted loads of money, they would have abused the skinner box more, so I guess they reall just try to make something for people who like exploring.
>>
>>335125294
return to reddit, frogshitter
>>
>>335125294
You should visit Bangkok and attemp a ping pong ball show so you see the first time in your live a vagina.
>>
>>335125353

>Implying a flying/space simulator game isn't fun for a lot of people
>>
>>335115127
>the developers are so blinded they don't see it lacks actual gameplay.
Name one instance where any of the devs sold the game as something other than a procedural walking simulator. Just one. I'll wait.
>>
>>335125353
Yeah, it prolongs the realization you sunk $60 into a killing simulator game.

It's literally a different method to do the same exact thing.

If you don't enjoy the means to the end in this game, fuck off and play a game with a different means to the SAME end that you enjoy.
>>
>>335125479
> The means
Just rename the game to that.
>>
This game is for druggies and stoners, not reddit tier artsyfags, or anyone seeking much mechanical depth. Shut up and let us enjoy it.
>>
>>335125384
>I know nothing about the game: The post

There are videos around that show that there are:
Fighting
Trading
Quests
Languages to learn to communicate with other lifeforms

But come on, keep projecting
>>
>>335115127
I just want a comfy space game to play on my ps4 whilst stoned and your shitposting isn't going to take that away from me.
>>
>>335125408
No Man's Sky will be comfy as shit.

Will it have the depth of the Marianas Trench? Fuck no, but neither will it be as shallow as, say, Skyrim.

People need to stop riding the giant cocks on either end of the spectrum and wait til it comes out to see what it really offers.
>>
>>335125552
This guy gets it, i just like weed, bright colors and spaceships, so what the fuck just let me do what I do.
>>
I wish this game had some rouge like game mechanic, so I have a gameplay reason to play it.

So many variation and different planets but there is no reason at all to play the game for a second time.
>>
>>335124164
>Some planets can be one biome if they are close to or far from the sun but others have day night cycles and weather

Having a day/night cycle or different weather is not the same as having different biomes on the same planet
>>
>>335125479
Way to specify a game faggot. It only proves youre just shilling you filthy marketer.
>>
>>335125664

Well if you die on land you lose everything but your ship and suit, all the elements you collected and credits are gone

If your ship is destroyed you lose everything but your suit
>>
>>335125438
SIXTY
H
E
K
E
L
S
>>
>>335125272
space engine isnt a game and rodina is terrible.
>>
File: 1461215417519.gif (77 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461215417519.gif
77 KB, 200x200
>>335125479
>says killing simulator
>refuses to say a specific one because he knows any example he gives has more to do than NMS
>>
>>335125701

Dev said planetary biomes will change slightly, a forest planet may have an area thats more grassland with no trees. A desert planet might have a small area thats mountainous and rainy while the rest is sand.

Most planets will be colder at higher altitudes and near the poles.
>>
>>335125854
On one of the early interviews, the planet they were using for demonstrations had lush, green floating islands about 100m aboveground, and the surface was barren desert.
>>
>>335125854
Wow that's fucking nothing, that's called variations within biomes

So basically no, it's 1 biome per planet
>>
>>335125791

Get a job

Sixty Shekels is cheap as fuck for weeks of entertainment.

If you don't think exploration will keep you entertained for more then a few hours then perhaps No Mans Sky ain't for you.
>>
>>335125967
>g-get a job!
I get paid $14 an hour to sit on my ass for 9 hours, but at least I know not to spend $60 on some glorified flight simulator.
>>
>>335125850
>>335125727
Okay, faggots, I'll bite.

Counter-Strike
DOTA
Call of Duty
Portal
Mass Effect
Dark Souls
StarCraft

To name a few.
>>
>>335126084
Get a proper job.
>>
>>335125967
>weeks of entertainment
>No mans Sky
Im sure flying in a straight line and stopping for gas every now and then sounds like good use of your important time anon.
>>
File: longmayhememe.png (645 KB, 830x530) Image search: [Google]
longmayhememe.png
645 KB, 830x530
Imagine if No Man's Sky had warband mechanics?

>Create your own empire, space fleet etc...
>Siege or destroy planets, enemy factions etc..
>Companions of varying species that you could make general.
>Deciding fuck it and just live the life of a space bandit fucking up everyone's day

also alien breeding sounds cool.
>>
>>335126194
Good job exaggerating the truth, then attacking that exaggeration.

I think there's a logical fallacy for that...
>>
>>335126212
You just described EVE.
>>
File: 24893-263r8p.jpg (153 KB, 1520x1044) Image search: [Google]
24893-263r8p.jpg
153 KB, 1520x1044
>>335126157
>Portal
>>
File: dumb.jpg (263 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
263 KB, 1200x674
>>335122170
For whatever reason I saw this thumbnail as a naked woman with long black hair walking into a lake at just barely above buttcrack depth.
>>
File: 1461248668831.jpg (29 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1461248668831.jpg
29 KB, 500x318
>>335118471
Wew lad nice one
>>
>>335126325
Why don't you go ahead and regale me with the complexity used to solve portal puzzles over and over to reach the goal? Cake is a lie, right?

I'm sure it's *much* more sophisticated than *everything* in No Man's Sky (despite you not even knowing everything that's in it, but lets ignore that).

Where's your snarky post about the other 6 examples?

Want me to continue listing more? Or do you wanna just stop posting garbage?
>>
>>335126624
You literally don't kill anything in that game.
Except your time.
>>
File: 1460938521551.jpg (108 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460938521551.jpg
108 KB, 480x360
Procedurally generated games only work if your creation, not the world, is the focus. Procedurally generated environment ONLY works as a backdrop, not as a frontpiece. Case in point: Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft.

You can see this failing from a mile away.
>>
>>335126782
Bro the goal of the game is to kill GLADOS with portals.

But you're right, terrible example for a killing simulator.
>>
Can I go from planet to planet collecting attractive alien women and adding them to my space harem?
>>
>>335126486

I actually see it, too. But she looks to be walking to the right for me, mid stride.
>>
>>335126157
>No Man's Sky
-explore in a seemingly endless universe
-prolonged exploration and time to grab gas just because we want to take you away from the main aspect of the game
>theres some plants and shit
>oh look some wildlife neat.
>Counter-Strike
-competitive faggots
-multiple skins
-modded gametypes
-multitude of guns for every brand of faggot
>DOTA
-Mobashit gets no pass
>Call of Duty
-customizable characters
-clanshit
-multitude of guns, attachments, and skins
-meme zombies mode
>Portal
-physics based puzzles
-shoot portals
-not much killing on your end why was this listed
>Mass Effect
-story driven by choice (lol)
-have sex with whatever monstrosity you want
-build or break relations
-some neat skills here and there
>Dark Souls
-difficult and skill based on trial and error
-can co-op and or fight other players
-fashionsouls
-fight giant monsters with a multitude of weapons you will most likely never switch from
-pansy boys that dont thank you by bowing after basically carrying him through abyss watchers
>StarCraft
-its shit
>>
>>335126980
So would you say you can kill a toaster?
>>
>>335126272
Nice rebuttal faggot
>...
Now I know youre a shill.
>>
>>335119589
Not walking simulator on and off planet.
>>
>>335115127
>64 posters
>165 replies
Im assuming there are marketers in here.
>>
>>335127190
It is a nice rebuttal, thanks.

Pointing out your use of logical fallacies just means you're incapable of arguing on a Human level. Instead you're nigger-tier and fling shit like a Chimp.

Ellipses means I'm a shill, guys.

I even do it for free.

>>335127095
Do us all a favor and read the thread. There's a couple posts that list the various things one can do in this game, and it's not as short as you're pretending.
>>
>>335127351
So you dont have an argument for my post, got it. All you can do is act idiosyncratic and make personal attacks.
>>
>>335115127
it'll look pretty on twitch tv tho, so it'll move 8 million units across all platforms
>>
>>335127351
Oh boy crafting better resource miners to be able to continue on with the main aspect of the game that sounds like so much fun. Especially without any danger in gaining those resources either oh man I cant wait to walk around a planet just to find resources to make a tool to mine resources to fuel my ship.

This is basically starbound but only with the hands on exploration and nothing else.
>>
>>335127463
Your post doesn't have an argument.

If you're
>>335126194
Then you're an asshole if you don't realize how ridiculous it is to say it's just flying in a straight line and stopping for gas along the way.
>>
>>335127636
I can deconstruct and criticize any game you've ever enjoyed in a similar way, too.
>>
>>335127692
How is that not an argument?
>main selling point for a SIXTY DOLLAR space exploration game is to be forced on your feet to mindlessly collect fuel to continue flying until youre forced back on your feet again to repeat. Its the same shit I said in that post only condensed.
>>
>>335127754
Its not even out yet you filthy marketer.
Try brushing up on your shilling manual so you dont out yourself so easily.
>>
>>335123029

>planets with 4 dimensions

kill yourself
>>
Dead thread, shitposters and marketers are here to pick the remains, everybody abandon ship.
>>
>>335127820
It's not an argument because you can describe literally any game like that and make it sound boring, dipshit.

>main selling point for a SIXTY DOLLAR first person shooter game is to be forced to run around mindlessly collecting healthpacks and ammo to continue running and murdering until you're forced back to another ammo spot again to repeat.

>main selling point for a SIXTY DOLLAR real time strategy game is to be forced onto maps to mindlessly collect resources so you can kill things until you're forced onto more resource nodes again to repeat.

>>335127886
If it's not out yet, then what supports your argument that it's shit?
>>
>>335117232
>spacecraft
>no gravity

nice
>>
So this game is basically Journey but in space
>>
>>335129669

Interesting comparison both have a distance end goal without a major focus on combat but traveling.

Journey is a game though you could definitely say is a linear walking simulator.
>>
>>335129669
It's Noctis with guns.
>>
literally goty

soulscucks btfo
ratchetcucks btfo
witchercucks btfo
ffcucks btfo
unchartedcucks btfo
streetfightercucks btfo
hitmancucks btfo
mirrors edgecucks btfo
deus excucks btfo
xcomcucks btfo
doomcucks btfo
the witnesscucks btfo
mario and sonic at the rio olympicscucks btfo
wowcucks btfo
etc
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.