[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
losing interest in video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 36446649.jpg (52 KB, 346x339) Image search: [Google]
36446649.jpg
52 KB, 346x339
Anyone here losing interest in video games?

I can't play a video game for more than an hour anymore and barely play to begin with.

Am I finally becoming an adult?
>>
I hear crossdressing while playing videogames greatly increases the enjoyment you get out of vidya
>>
Isn't a male succubus just an incubus?
>>
Yes, I've spent an entire day playing through a game recently and I've never felt more guilty about it.
>>
>>335115221
only if it preys on women
>>
>>335115221
I'd define anything that specializes in seducing men a succubus. Doesn't make any sense for an incubus to try to harvest your semen.
>>
File: 145768343.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
145768343.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>335114959
That or there aren't any games you're really invested in right now. As you get older your choices in what's "fun" get more complex
I remember playing Universal Studios on the Gamecube for a month non stop as a kid. That game is literal trash.
>>
>>335115221
It hinges on the definition of the term.
Succubus gets penetrated, incubus does the penetrating.
>>
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: jameson finds out he has aids.png (149 KB, 256x476) Image search: [Google]
jameson finds out he has aids.png
149 KB, 256x476
>play through one old game, get halfway into its direct sequel
>all they do is make me mad and depressed and I stopped wanting to have anything to do with them, despite loving the games prior to now
>>
>>335114959
No, you just stopped enjoying them because your life feels empty.
>>
>>335114959
No, you are bored. Try some new genres.
>>
File: 1457673517686.jpg (75 KB, 671x900) Image search: [Google]
1457673517686.jpg
75 KB, 671x900
>>335114959
You're posting gay comic crops on vidyanimu imageboards. I can assure you, you're not becoming an adult.
>>
Disgusting trapshit.
>>
File: download_2.png (3 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
download_2.png
3 KB, 256x256
>>335114959
>losing
I've already lost it. I don't have anything else. I don't even know why I am still alive
>>
>>335115517
fucking Saints Row 3
>>
>>335115545
/thread
But it's probably just an excuse to shitpost about le male succubus meme.
>>
>>335115221
Incubus comes from the Latin term incubare, which means to be on top of. It shares a root with the word incubate, because a bird sits on top of its eggs. Succubus comes from succubare , which means to lay beneath. The word succumb shares a root with succubus, which figuratively means getting fucked by a greater force.

The terms came from Christian monks using latin terms to describe the behaviours of fictional demons - either topping or bottoming for sin. Although most medieval people associated taking it with having a vagina and giving it with having a penis, it does not mean that it is strictly incorrect to label the brown purple-haired semen demon as a succubus despite being physically male. Medieval people were actually aware of the phenomenon of sodomy, and monks especially, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility for someone back then to have conceived of a male succubus meant to tempt men into sodomy. Only a small minority of texts from that era have survived to the present day, however, so we may never know every batshit thing the clergy of the Catholic church thought up back in the days when anything was fair game.

So, in summary, the terms succubus and incubus describe sexual roles, not genital arrangements, though medieval people did tend to be a bit rigid about how the two went together.
>>
>>335115919
And I should add that monks especially should have been keenly aware that boys can have sex with other boys, given that monasteries and convents were hotbeds of homosexuality, as were most institutions where large numbers of people of the same sex were grouped together and kept away from the opposite sex.
>>
>>335115216
As someone who has done this I can confirm that it does nothing but make things more comfortable. I guess that increases overall enjoyment.
>>
>>335114959
You just need to take a break is all. Try reading or watching movies
>>
>>335114959
OP, I have a library of 1060 games on Steam and I'm playing a 12 year old MMORPG on a Brazilian server
I don't even speak portuguese
>>
>>335116528
Forgot to mention that the server is private
yes that makes it 100x worse
>>
yeah in high school / early 20s

you'll either give up the habit and stop trying or will start genuinely liking it again
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.