[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: SMT_x_FE_Teaser_Direct.jpg (303 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SMT_x_FE_Teaser_Direct.jpg
303 KB, 1280x720
“Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish. It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.”

So It's censored, fucking great
>>
CAN'T
WAKE
UP
>>
>>335114381
1st: Source
2nd:
>regulations in the many different territories
Translation: Every version outside Japan will be like the American version.
>>
>>
>>335114679

http://gonintendo.com/stories/256333-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-localization-being-handled-by-atlus
>>
NoA is really fucking retarded.

SMTfags don't want this
FEfags don't want this
Now they are scaring more people away
>>
>>335114978
Japanese players are liking the game and say it's one of the most refreshing JRPGs in years.
>>
>>335114381
But the japanese version is already censored, what is left to censor? Will the characters wear leggings and scarfs so the puritans who will never play or even be aware that this game exists be at ease?
>>
>>335118153
>But the japanese version is already censored

any proof?
I want to see
>>
>>335120563
They changed some outfits so they cover more skin for the girls.
>>
>>335121443

wasn't that only for the west?
sankaku say so irirc
>>
>>335121639
Can't say, it was in some screenshots and trailers for the japanese version.
>>
>>335117245
>Source - Nothing anywhere because Japanese people really did not want this game, the Wii U tanked in Japan in the first place and it's sales were abysmal.
>>
>>335114381
>Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.

It's funny how developers/publishers always pull out this line but never say what regulations they're following exactly. Funny because they don't exist and it's just PR spin. It's like they want people to think that ESRB/PEGI/CERO are government organizations, and that they actually give a shit about characters showing some skin.

They censor because Nintendo wants to maintain a "family-friendly" image (regardless of the context), and don't want to upset the puritans. It has nothing to do with "regulations". The least they can do is own up to it.
>>
>>335121756

this
>>
>>335121756
To be honest. Consoles are dying in general in Japan because they are all obsessed with mobile phones.

I think it's all to do with the lack of space and the need to constantly travel around on public transport.
>>
>>335114381
That's what you fuckers get for inability drek like this. I'm glad those fucktards ruined your day.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.