[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it, its better than Zero.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: assault.jpg (108 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
assault.jpg
108 KB, 640x905
Admit it, its better than Zero.
>>
>>335113556
I loved Assault, fuck what people say
>>
>>335113556
Of course

I can play this with a controller with zero bullshit gimmicks
>>
The rampant posts defending Assault and Adventures after zero's release are embarassing. We are reaching Metroidfags' levels of autism.
No, Zero is better than both, sorry. Yes, even if it is a 64 copypaste because 64 is also better than both.
>>
>>335115336
How many money did you get from nintendo?
>>
Assault needed more on-rails sections and better on-foot controls but other than that, it was fine.

Decent plot
Amazing soundtrack
Replayability
Great multi with tons of unlocks
Good final boss that wasn't just Andross 2.0

But fuck that final on-foot mission. So much cancer
>>
>assault
>good
uhh, no. Of the trinity of shit Star Fox games it's on the top, but it's still hot garbage
>>
Second to 64 for best Star Fox.
>>
Yeah, it was pretty good. I liked the story and the on foot stuff. 64 is still the only actual great one though.
>>
>assault
>>
>>335113556
>better than Zero.
Nope.
>>
>>335113556
I haven't even played Zero yet so its impossible for me to tell.
>>
>mfw it was my first starfox game
>>
>>335115336
I was defending Assault years ago
Assault>2>Adventures>64>Command
>>
>>335113556
So far not really.
>>
>>335115803
>adventures > 64
opinion discarded
>>
I think StarFox Zero might be the best game in the series, with 64 at second and Assault at third
>>
>>335115803

64 is a masterpiece. Assault has a few slow but passable on rails levels coupled with an obtuse and even then dated tps control scheme

adventures is just another furry rare collectathan with flashy but mindless combat
>>
>>335113556
It's my current favorite, so we'll see if that's still the case after tomorrow.
>>
Assault would've been better if the plot made mention of Andross foreseeing the aparoid menace and that was his motivation for trying to take over the Lylat system, so he could better protect it.
>>
>>335115893
So far I've been hearing non stop negative impressions mostly from shitposters who likely didn't even play it. What do you like about it so far?
>>
>>335116104
Edgy
>>
>>335116287
Not that anon and I haven't played it yet either, but considering it's a Platinum game I imagine it's another one of those situations where the game is too difficult for fag reviewers and casuals to figure out, much like Wonderful 101.
>>
It misses the point of Star Fox in so many ways.

>story is too long and doesn't branch
>too many cutscenes and long ass exposition scenes that ruin replayability
>focus on garbage tank and on-foot segments with terrible controls
>"focus on multiplayer" despite multiplayer feeling like tacked on shit

Assault is like the antithesis of what Star Fox is and was rightfully maligned by critics, who are now criticizing Zero for not having all the things they complained about in Assault.

Of course like with every new release /v/ is jumping on the bandwagon for the past game.

It's the perfect example of the Miyamoto WERR YOU DONT KNOW WOT DA FOCKA YOU WANT image except for Star Fox instead of Zelda.
>>
>>335116104
Andros is a bitch
The Aparoids were a better menace of their own acting as an independent alien colony led y a queen
>>
>>335116691
>garbage tank
you better be talking about tank controls and not the fucking landmaster
>>
>>335116454
Hardly, it's just the "bad guy 1 knew about bad guy 2 but the audience didn't" trope
>>
>>335116691
Nah, you're right about the tank-ish controls and lack of paths, also the bad vehicle designs, but it was a step in the right direction.

Imagine if they fine tuned the controls and had more rail sections with branching paths? Would've been perfect
>>
Zero looks like it might be pretty good.
Not good enough for me to buy the system to play it on, but still pretty good.
>>
>>335116287
Ironically enough, I really like the controls because of much it makes Zero stands out and give it an identity. They're also really responsive and precise too, kind of like KI:U controls without the hand cramps. The level design is also kickass, one of my favorites being Sector Gamma and whenever Star Wolf shows up. Star Wolf fights are so good in this game too and pretty difficult at first. The game is also pretty challenging too.
>>
File: 1383796018088.jpg (59 KB, 282x235) Image search: [Google]
1383796018088.jpg
59 KB, 282x235
>>335113556
Assault is mediocre and has FAR too much on-foot (which is basically equivalent to the chicken walker in terms of how bad it is), but at least you can use a normal controller.

>>335116691
I agree with this man about Assault "missing the point" of Star Fox.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (31 KB, 314x435) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
31 KB, 314x435
>>335116474
Is it true that there's no alternate Andross form?
>>
>>335117474
didn't mean to quote to the post, sorry
>>
I can admit Assault had the best voice actor for Falco

Brooklyn Falco should be standard
>>
>>335113556
Admit it, it's better than Starfox Assault.
>>
>>335117474
No brain Andross
No Expert mode (Falco amiibos gives you heaven or hell mode, pretty much however)
No good bosses
>>
>>335113556
Nintendo cycle is real.
>>
>>335118030
>no good bosses
That is a straight up lie and you know it
>>
>>335118030
>No brain Andross
>No Expert mode
Well that's some shit. Why the hell would they not have these? What the fuck was the delay for?
>>
>>335113556
i liked assaults as long as i was on a vehicles.

the multiplayer was really fun if i remember right.
>>
>>335118358
Because the real Andross was never sent to another dimension.
>>
>>335118408
what do you mean?
>>
>>335118496
The Andross at the end of the game isn't the real Andross.
>>
>>335117986
I liked it more than assault.
>>
>>335117986
Debatable.
>>
>>335118530
So SFZ acknowledges that its an AU version of 64? That's weird.
>>
>favorite game on the Gamecube after melee
>Nintendo Power called it "like pouring gasoline on your pancakes"
>>
>>335118589
I thought it was a reboot?
>>
test
>>
>>335118649
Apparently the real Andross is in another dimension than the one in Zero.
>>
>>335113556
Adventures is better than Zero at this point.
>>
>>335118589
They pretty much need a AU to rewrite the command shit, but keep the characters like krystal and panther because fans want them back.
>>
File: MINDBLOWNhd.jpg (766 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
MINDBLOWNhd.jpg
766 KB, 1920x1200
>people are now saying assault is good because of Zero
>saying Zero is shit because of gimmucks
>when half of all the assault missions are fucking vehicle hopping and on foot shooting levels
It's like these people played level 1 and decided it was good. Assault was an insult to the franchise.
>>
>>335118589
>>335118802
Kinda sounds like how ORAS handled it with the Deoxys comet shit.
>>
>>335118212
Outside of Star Wolf, whose multiple encounters just become a chore, no, there aren't. Dodora is a nice throwback, but all of the bosses pale to the 64 bosses in all aspects. Design, challenge, personality
>>
Assault needed a sequel to refine the concepts
>>
>>335117986
>Krystal scene
>those camera angles
>the sexy saxophone in the background

You just KNOW Rare did it on purpose
>>
>>335119093
Rare doesn't pull punches.

That's why i'm still mad that nintendo didn't get to 51% quick enough.

>hurr its bad

KI is doing well right now, that could have been ours.
>>
File: Krystal Walk.webm (3 MB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Krystal Walk.webm
3 MB, 480x720
>>335119093
Of course
>>
>>335119285
KI is out sourced to Iron Galaxy, previously Double Helix.

Rares first real game since Kinect shovel ware will be Sea of Thieves
>>
>>335119487
Fucking hell man when was Rare's last real game?
>>
>>335119636
Nuts and Bolts :^)

The Star Fox Adventures of Banjo-Kazooie
>>
All the Star Fox games suck. I'm not sure why Nintendo brought back the series.
>>
Assault was fucking awful

I'd rather a 1 hour game than 5 hours of shitty, on-foot missions
>>
Star Fox is dead. Zero NEEDED to get 9s and it got 7s at a stretch. It's going the same way as Metroid. The next game will be a shitty spinoff on a handheld featuring nameless characters.
>>
I never gave a fuck about controller on rails shooters, so I always liked Assault better.
>>
>>335115157
Same here.
Could never find that one flag in the last level.
>>
>>335115449
>Assault needed more on-rails

the on rail sections didn't feel consistent with the rest of the game style but rather it was half heatedly tacked on because it's what people were expecting to have. This particular SF game would be better if it actually had none of them.
>>
File: f9MykwS.png (657 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
f9MykwS.png
657 KB, 1280x720
>People think Assault was bad

What???
>>
This felt like the natural evolution of the Star Fox games. Certain shit could have been executed a lot better. The multiplayer was a blast.
>>
>>335119947
>Zero NEEDED to get 9s
By whose decree?
>>
>>335113556
Project Aces did a great job with this game. I hope they get to work with the series again without being restrained by Nintendo's leash.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.