[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was so bad about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Sonic-Lost-World-Wallpapers-0.jpg (880 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-Lost-World-Wallpapers-0.jpg
880 KB, 1920x1080
What was so bad about it?
>>
>>335111378
It plays like Mario, there's nothing Sonic about it.

No slopes and physics like the old Sonic games, and lots of interruptions and precision platforming unlike the Unleashed/Generations style Sonic.

And parkour never fucking works as intended.
>>
>>335111378
the reviewers
>>
File: Classic vs Modern.webm (3 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Classic vs Modern.webm
3 MB, 400x320
>>335111378
>>
>>335111378
Two words

Run Button
>>
There's two kinds of homing attack, the only functional difference being using the wrong one on some enemies will hurt you, and there's no way to tell without trial and error.
The game rewards you for going out of your way with rings, even though when the game launched collecting more than one ring did nothing since you didn't gain one-ups for collecting 100 or anything.
Sometimes your movement physics change on a per-screen basis.
There's a run button to you more control of your speed. It has the opposite effect since now your speed is binary (walk/run) instead of being able to precisely control it with the stick.

Game's scatterbrained as fuck.
>>
On the one hand I appreciate Sonic Team always being experimental because it means we could move on from the awful Adventure style gameplay, but I thought the Colors/Generations style was really good and am sad to see it go.
>>
Its a competent platformer. Its more of a mario game than a sonic game but theres some fun levels. I give it a 7/10, controls and run button keep it from being an 8
>>
>>335113876
This is something I didn't understand with the 3D games in general

What's the point in the loops in the 3D games if they're not momentum based? They're always auto-mated. Are they like Mario Galaxy's Launch Stars, where they're actually just masked loading screens?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (58 KB, 790x444) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
58 KB, 790x444
>>335114558
Running through loops at high speed is an iconic part of sonic, you cant be serious
>>
>>335114661
In the old games loops were a momentum check, now they're automated and just there to look nice
>>
>>335114740
Literally only true for sonic 1. sonic 2 and forward you can spin dash right through them.
>>
>>335114740

>there to look nice

You found the answer to your own question.
It's not a good reason but its the reason
>>
>>335114740
You cant accept that they actually look nice and give a good image of going so fast you can run right through them?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.