[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QUESTION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 697622293.jpg (101 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
697622293.jpg
101 KB, 849x565
How did the smear campaign against Nintendo begin?

Every game. There's misinformation agents abounding on /v/ and other sites. Some of them professional even, as you can see with the case of StarFox Zero's lying reviews.

This didn't even begin this gen. I first noticed it back when RE4 Wii Edition came out. Despite being the best version of the game, it was slammed by critics and got some low reviews attempting to dock its overall score (see OpposableThumbs).

Now, in just this past YEAR. Observe: "Majora's Mask 3D butchered" myth, "Twilight Princess HD" degraded visuals myth, StarFox Zero unplayable/controls/short myth.

There are like 10 StarFox threads an hour all dedicated to hating the game. You couldn't pay for this kind of viral marketing. I know a lot of that is just /v/ hatewagon, but where do these paid-off smear reviewers who are fueling the fire come in?

Who is paying them?

LEX LUTHOR????!!!!
>>
File: khgiuzgiuz.jpg (396 KB, 769x838) Image search: [Google]
khgiuzgiuz.jpg
396 KB, 769x838
>when you realize that you've gotten paranoid as fuck after spending too much fucking time on the internet
>>
>>335106956
Reviewers, e-celebs,other youtubers,and casuals all have been on Nintendo's side for years.
Nintendo fucked up hard on SFZ, don't even try to say otherwise. The shit they're getting today is a predictable result of fucking up a franchise for the 2nd time. Everything will be back to normal in a week or two.
Not even the most delusional of Nintendrones think that there's an anti-Nintendo sentiment.
Fuck off
>>
People are getting tired of their shit. As an ex-Nintendo fanboy, after all of this censorship and the Wii U's awful effort, I'm very weary about Nintendo now.
>>
>>335107178
Have you actually played any of the recent Nintendo games that /v/ hates on? It's all a lie.

Finding a legit complaint on here is like finding a needle in a haystack. The last one I can think of that turned out to be true is that momentum doesn't carry when you jump in Sm4sh. Sm4sh also happens to be a year old.

I'm not paranoid. It's so overwhelming that it's difficult to discuss any Nintendo games seriously without 5 imbeciles derailing the thread with fake information.
>>
>>335107725
Not that anon, but I do own a Wii U and they have lost their touch. Their last E3 felt like damage control and a way to prove to people that actually got a Wii U that they're not dumping the console. We've gotten pretty bad titles on the Wii U lately.
>>
>>335107630
Shut the hell up and don't talk to me dumbass.

>>335107692
OP here. I'm beginning to think that the whole localization of Fire Emblem and whatnot is all bullshit too. Or at least blown out of proportion.

Maybe its the anti-Nintendo sentiment caving in on itself that created it.
>>
>>335107965
I don't know if you're just trying to defend Nintendo that hard on purpose, but yes, Fates was THAT bad. The game was butchered that bad that I hacked my 3DS to play the real version.
>>
File: monkeysee.jpg (188 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
monkeysee.jpg
188 KB, 1024x576
>>335107725
Not in my opinion. That second-rate company Nintendo got to port Twilight Princess did an amazing job with the game. I've only noticed slowdown while playing on the Gamepad, and only ONE off texture in my 15+ hours of playtime.
>>
>>335108139
No. I genuinely do not trust /v/ anymore or know what to believe about that whole fiasco.

I've realized that I missed out on some good games because of anti-shilling on here. Like Majora's Mask 3D.
>>
>>335108437
Look outside of /v/, anon. Trust me on this, hack your 3DS and play the English translation version of you want Fates that much.
>>
>>335106956
>A new game is out for the WiiU after a decade has multiple threads up
Holy shit! Stop the presses! First day on /v/?
>>
>>335108574
I don't care about Fates. I only brought it up to make a point because you or the other anon brought it up.

But no, I'm not hacking my 3DS. I may be poor but I'm not cheap enough to sell my morals and tempt karma by stealing.
>>
>>335108749
The game isn't even out yet you troll.

Thank you for proving my point exactly.

Einstein.
>>
>>335107965
>s-shut up
Excellent argument
>>
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFP6CIePQ
>>
>>335108956
It is, and was when I made my post jackass. East coast.
>>
>>335106956

nintendo were sorta pricks in the 80s until sega slapped their shit
>>
>>335106956
You're a delusional nintendo fanboy who is delving into conspiracy theory territory with shit like professional misinformation agents and claiming contrary to actual facts and evidence like StarFox Zeros length and Twilight Princess having poor graphics for a "HD Remaster"

Learn that your company is not perfect and are allowed to be criticized like any other.
>>
>>335106956

Console warriors
>>
>>335109312
lol
>>
>>335106956
There was a post earlier that was written by an anti-nintendo guy trying to make Nintendo fans look bad by making it look like Nintendo fans would impersonate anti-Nintendo guys to make it look like anti-Nintendo guys were pretending to be whiny Nintendo fans.
>>
>>335106956
they do it for free, senpai
>>
>>335106956
Smear campaign? Most people that shit on Nintendo are former fans. Those who stick with them just enjoy the punishment and disappointment, to the point they pretend something is excellent despite being below average.

Every single person I know, personally or otherwise, had a love affair with Nintendo for a good while, and everyone of them saw their fast decline post SNES.
>>
>>335110987
>post SNES
>not post N64

Opinion nulled, void, and discarded.
>>
>>335107725
Sm4sh was disappointing as fuck, but despite whatever complaints there are it's by no means a bad game. The problem is literally that Nintendo still makes games that are "too gamey".

Star Fox Zero is as "gamey" as it gets; arcade-style, pure gameplay, scores and unlocks, replayability. It's not what the new generation of people who play games want: the experience.

How many other companies nowadays still make games that appeal to people who actually fucking like video games nowadays? Nintendo? Bamco/From with the Souls games? I can't think of any other big names. Then there's the niche and indie developers. The rest of the big developers are all trying to make cinematic games and "experiences". It's disgusting, but I guess that's just what happens to any hobby that grows in popularity.
>>
>>335106956
No one pays for bad reviews. There isn't a smear campaign against Nintendo, they're just under-delivering and out of touch.
>>
File: X)take bite.jpg (175 KB, 894x617) Image search: [Google]
X)take bite.jpg
175 KB, 894x617
>>335106956
>people disliking nintendo games/consoles must mean that there is a conspiracy against nintendo
>>
Misinformation?

Let's start with Nintendo utterly fucking up network play since the dawn of Xbox Live.

THEY STILL DON'T HAVE IT.

Let's move on to their games. They make their money selling you the same game over and over again. Sometimes they change the story and update the graphics, but most of the time they don't even have the common courtesy to do any development work and instead just rerelease the game for the next generation of hardware -- and sell it at full price for years afterwards.

And now their focus on casual games is coming back to bite them in the ass, because casual gamers, especially children, have smartphones now.
>>
>>335111880
Nintendo has had better Network Play than Sony and Microsoft since Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Except for the whole ID thing.

But at least Nintendo never drops on you. Central US here.
>>
>>335106956
When they started making shitty games.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.