[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people complain about the KB+M controls? This game is easy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
why do people complain about the KB+M controls? This game is easy.
>>
>>335103673
Is it that bad? I got pc just no controller atm and have been debating on getting the game.
>>
>>335103673
Then git gud
>>
>>335103673
Because KB+M for anything but the shooting aspect of first person shooters is objectively hot garbage. Using anything but a controller for games that aren't shooters is just hampering yourself
>>
>>335103925
>Objectively

MMOs, Roguelikes, strategy games, and CRPGs are all built around having a KB+M. Hell, tons of PC games would be shit with a controller.

KB+M for souls is harder to use but if you're competent its still perfectly playable.
>>
>>335104324
Is shit at least rebindable?
>>
>>335105215
Desu
>>
>>335103673

now that KB+M is finally playable without a total juryrigged setup involving 15 different unstable macros, it is the definitive way to play the game

rebind left click to weak attack, right click to strong attack, shift to offhand, works perfect for two handed weapons and sword/board (dont know about dual wield dont use it)

rarely need to lock on, i have phenominal camera accuracy and can aim (or reaim great weapon) attacks in fractions of a second, no dull guessing with a tiny knob anymore.

just set up two macros, jump attack and shield break, to back and foreward buttons, and im set

it is, however, way less... comfy. but its outrageously good against gamepad players in pvp
>>
>>335104324
>MMOs
Only because they are overly complex games. And there are no good MMOs anyways
>Roguelikes
There is no roguelike that I can think of that can't be played with a controller.
>strategy games
A controller can simulate the mouse perfectly fine in most strategy games.
>>
>>335105795
>There is no roguelike that I can think of that can't be played with a controller.

there is no game at all i can think of that couldnt technically be played with a controller, except maybe some speed typing challenge

there are numerous that shouldn't because they would be clumsy convoluted shitfests
>>
File: roguelike.png (25 KB, 651x435) Image search: [Google]
roguelike.png
25 KB, 651x435
>>335105795
>Overly complex
Subjective opinion
>No good ones
Subjective, and irrelevant, because millions of people still play them

>Roguelike
Not enough keybinds, pic related.

>Strategy games
A controller cannot simulate a mouse well enough because there is no way you could move the cursor fast enough while playing at a competant speed

Plus, you need to learn all of your keybinds to get good at strategy games. Don't you know what starcraft is?

You're just arguing for it's own sake.
>>
Third person games simply work better with a controller.
>>
>>335105408
Thanks a ton bro! I'll probably get the game now when I get some free time.
>>
>>335103673
Dunno about DS3 but in DS2 you could NOT jump attack or guard break properly with keyboard & mouse among other things. Picked up a steam controller a few days ago and can now do these moves no problem.
>>
>>335106624

i can never get a single objective reason why aiming a gun in a third person game is somehow different than doing so in first person, and how it's supposedly better with a controller

because there is none
>>
>>335105795
this is bait
>>
>>335107225
Yea you can do everything in DS3 with KBM.

Frankly, I only beat DaS3 with KBM because it wasn't registering my controller, which I used for beating DaS1.
>>
>>335106624
and first person games simply work better with a keyboard and mouse
>>
>>335107225

you could in ds2 but you had to remove all mouse bindings in game and use some bastardized nightmare of keyboard bindings, then macroing them with the mouse buttons

it was horribly messy

DS3 has finally mostly fixed all that, and mouse controls actually work now since they arent based around double clicking anymore.

you still have to macro jump and guard break to use them reliably, because the game is still overly fussy about the timing on them with kb+m, but you no longer need to macro literally everything
>>
I was playing Dark Souls 1 with a touchpad until I bought my mouse like 2 days ago. I'm not even baiting, I was too hooked on the game to stop playing when my previous one broke. Went through depths + blighttown + queelag, catacombs + tomb of giants,sens's fortress + anor londo till the solaire bonfire with it.
>>
File: 1452372686226.jpg (20 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
1452372686226.jpg
20 KB, 210x180
>>335103925
>Because KB+M for anything but the shooting aspect of first person shooters is objectively hot garbage
Console babby alert!
KBM is superior for any game that benefits from precise camera controls and/or precise aiming.
The only games where it provides no real benefit are fighting games and 2d stuff with no aiming.
>>
>>335107660

I would argue things like driving, where vector movement and not-binary key depression come in handy, are better on a controller

however, they are still pretty shit, just less, at driving and if you actually care about racing games you should buy a fucking wheel

otherwise, kb+m for everything, including dark souls 3, since its actually functional now.
>>
Jessis fecken Christ, any other kb+m faggots having an issue where your character is stuck running in one direction? I know you guys have to be dealing with it like I am. Haven't ran off a ledge because of it yet but I know it's gonna happen.

Also what did you rebind item swapping to, because holy shit that mouse wheel nonsense is absolute trash
>>
>>335108204

it happens very rarely to me

im not sure what triggers it, something is just making the game miss the release of the key, but I've been lucky enough to not have had it do anything bad yet
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.