[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree this is the worst boss in the game? >boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: dark-souls-3-from-software.jpg (55 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-from-software.jpg
55 KB, 600x320
Can we all agree this is the worst boss in the game?
>boss stupidly short and easy if done the "right way"
>if you dont happen to figure out the NPC side quest or to use the sword by the throne the boss becomes stupidly long and easy

Dragon armor or crystal sage are probably in 2nd, not that either of those are bad
>>
Not as bad as the Ancient Wyvern. Not even a real boss fight. You just run a gauntlet of enemies and hit him once in the head.
>>
Consumed and Nameless King are my least favourite purely because of the fucked camera.
>>
Is thre any way at all when invaded to just fight one guy and not one host backed up by 3 fucking sunbros?
>>
>>335100283
>if you dont happen to figure out
Then you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>335100939
>>335101156
Honestly I havent gotten to them yet :^)
>>
>>335101156
How is the camera fucked on Nameless?
>>
>>335101447
The first phase can get pretty wonky when you try to lock on + the distorted depth perception from the floor + the dragon sometimes being slightly out of reach + the RNG in regards to how much he flies.

Nameless King phase 2 is a 9/10 fight but gets demoted to a 5/10 purely for phase 1 shenanigans.
>>
>>335101593
If you lock on to it's head and stand in front of his face, it's fine. He never does the fire breath or wing buffet, either.
>>
>>335101876
I'm not saying it's hard, it can just be time consuming if he decides to fly a lot.
>>
I thought it was fun.
>>
>>335100283
It's not meant to be a boss in the classical sense.
>>
>>335102231
>tips fedora
>>
>>335102079
I wasn't saying it was hard either, just the camera never goes out of whack if you don't try to fuck his feet like every other giant boss, because he doesn't fly, besides the one circle/lightning spear combo, which also isn't taxing on the camera.
>>
>>335102406
It's literally a fucking Demon's Souls boss mechanic. You're an idiot.
>>
>>335102490
I don't necessarily have to be at his feet, sometimes if I am under the neck and he decides to do a sweep, the camera freaks out on me.
>>
>>335102231

What does that even mean?
>>
>>335100283
>worst boss in the game?
Best gimmick boss of the series
>>
There is a developer message next to the damn sword that basically says, "Use the sword."

Personally, really enjoyed it. Mostly because I loved the Storm King fight in Demon's Souls, but also because it is a fun gimmick, just in general.
>>
>>335102742
I thought it was better used with Storm King, due to the atmosphere and the story the signs told leading up to the sword.
>>
>>335102560
>le demon's souls
tips fedora
>>
>>335102898
I prefer Yhorm over the Storm King since the are much less distractions and Yhorm's attacks are more threatening, resulting in a generally better boss fight.

The giant flying manta is still pretty cool tho
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.