[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually use R2/Weapon Arts in Dark Souls 3? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1373944290196.png (101 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1373944290196.png
101 KB, 265x265
Does anyone actually use R2/Weapon Arts in Dark Souls 3? What's the point when I can R1 my opponent to death with a rapier?
>>
>>335088807
Nice current meme there. So fitting for a DS3 thread OP too.

Charged R2 attacks tend to stagger even huge enemies. Many enemies will be outright knocked down. Now you know.
>>
>>335088807

Almost never bother with weapon arts. They use too much FP, are a pain in the ass to use (got to either use a shield without it's own skill, or two hand to use it) and in general are just not that good with one or two exceptions.

Only time I bothered with R2 was when I used a rapier and enemies were dumb enough to slowly walk to me and let me get in a free 3x damage hit on them.
>>
>>335089028
Poise means nothing in DS3 so you can stagger with any weapon.
>>
>>335088807
style
also, I think they're a fantastic idea to allow non-magic users to benefit from having focus points
>>
>>335088807

all casuals know is spam r1 and spam dodge

easiest strategy to beat the game
>>
File: frodo.jpg (179 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
179 KB, 1600x1201
why do weapon arts use fp is i can still use them while fp is gone?
>>
>>335089451
Even the pros R1 for easy kills. It's the bar that's set to kill off casuals. If you can survive/counter R1 spam, you move into R2 territory
>>
>>335089157
DS2 weapon arts were handled much better. They used durability instead of a magic meter.
>>
>>335088807
The Drang Hammers have a decent L2 for crowd control, but it's mostly R1 and L1 for them. The Battle Axe has a very solid L2 in Warcry with that damage buff.

Otherwise no. The game feels really slanted towards fast weapons this time around so using slower moves won't cut it.
>>
>Dodge a bosses attack that leaves him vulnerable
>Too far away to run in and whack him
>Take out composite bow and use all FP on some rapid fire

Some are pretty useful.

Not nearly as useful, but I used the Pontiff Knight Curved Sword frosty spin on Old Demon King and it made the fight pretty easy.
>>
>>335089469
perhaps they do less damage?
>>
>>335089805
Possibly that and they won't have any special effects. I doubt the guard break on straight swords is as good without FP
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.