[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he cumulated all his hatred for all these years to Big Boss'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: liquid_64.jpg (23 KB, 620x317) Image search: [Google]
liquid_64.jpg
23 KB, 620x317
>he cumulated all his hatred for all these years to Big Boss' body double
>>
>>335086531
>he plotted a terrorist insurgency to recover the corpse of Big Boss' body double
>>
>he escapes with possibly the strongest metal gear ever
>creates rey
Thanks Kojima for ruining the series
>>
File: psycho-760x4281.jpg (55 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
psycho-760x4281.jpg
55 KB, 760x428
What happen with Psycho Mantis powers? He can move buildings in MGSV but in MGS he can only read your mind and throw vases at you
>>
>he always told me that I WAS THE INFERIOR ONE
I sure hope metal gear solid VI shows this and a young vulcan raven doing an ear pulling contest
>>
I know this is shitposting but are we who dislike MGSV really that alone?

Everyone seems to love it and i was just so disappointed, not only by the ending, but by everything but graphics and gameplay mechanics.

everything else felt so lackluster and mediocre, and SPECIALLY shit and insulting when you take into account that this was supposed to be a MGS game.

Hell, even if they DID finish the game, i dont think it would have help, maybe it would have been an even bigger hit in the nuts if we ever found out what other retardations were in place
>>
>>335087909
>tfw I wanted metal gear solid 5
>I got metal gear solid venom
>>
>>335087706
So I have to wonder, is most of Liquid's butt-devistation towards Big Boss actually aimed at Venom, or the real Big Boss?
>>
>>335088302
Me too but,
At least he didnt do us that dishonor. I like to think that he knew, so he called it V instead of 5, all the other entries are numerated in arabic numerals
>>
>>335087909
Remember that all those people who love it are media personal who love anything that buys ad space on their sites and modern "gamers" that love anything that gets thrown at them enough.
You're basically dealing with the same people that buy CoD and AC every year.
>>
File: Laughing Demons.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Demons.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>You all actually played all of the previous Metal Gears
>You unknowingly set yourselves up for disappointment
I'm happy MGSV was pretty standalone to be honest, familia.
>>
>>335087909
pretty much.
That's what happens when you start appealing to the wider audience. Criticism an the opinion on the original fanbase gets drowned under casual obsession. It doesn't help that the ad campaign did a really good job at making people think the game was good for them.

It's just like Skyrim
>>
>>335087353
During MGS1 he's also using his power to raise the morale of all of the soldiers, I'd imagine that would be pretty taxing.
>>
What's so bad about MGS V?
>>
>>335088889
I should know about that.

Im a resident evil guy

Living is suffering. Resident evil 6 re-released some weeks ago.

JUST
>>
>>335086753

Sahelanthropus required Mantis to animate it. It was one big puppet essentially. All future Metal Gears only needed a pilot (or an AI).
>>
>>335088978
Everything that isnt gameplay MECHANICS, and to some extent graphics

Everything else. Everything.

Name something and ill tell you how its bad
>>
>>335087353
How can we actually confirm The Third Child is actually Mantis?

We don't know shit
>>
>>335088978

It dragged its feet hard after Chapter 1 and gave you an ending with no build-up, and hardly any pay-off.
>>
>>335088978
It has great base gameplay but barely any interesting content to complement it.

Also the story is slow, has little relevance on the rest of the series despite having so many returning characters, and is generally boring as fuck.
>>
>>335086531
Why are codenames so special in metal gear?

It's like a bunch of random shit, but snake means they're the tippity top.

Also they still get called by those codenames no matter what army they belong to.
>>
>>335089372
dont forget that everyone with a brain figured out the twist ever since the first fucking trailer came out.

All those theories and speculations, turned out that the answer to the question in everyones mind during 2+ years was simply: "some dude"
>>
>>335088920
that seems like a pretty half assed excuse

nothing in game lore to tell what happenned?
>>
Chico actually being Quiet would've been interesting. It was a fun theory.
>>
>>335089480
I dont know but i suspect a big part of the reason the characters and the series are so emblematic and stick with you is because of the codenames.

I think some degree of MGS success and legend-like status is due to the use of codenames instead of plain names
>>
>>335089592
he also had brain surgery to stop being swooned by people's feelings and went nuts after diving into a psyco killer's mind
>>
>>335089754
most of the things everyone thought up on here would have been more interesting than how it turned out.
>>
>>335089480
Because the guy who made Foxhound was named Snake, so Snake got to be the best because he said so.
>>
>>335086531
>>335086742

No, dumdum. Venom died in MG1. Big Boss "died" in MG2. He was trying to recover the real Big Boss's body.
>>
>>335089818
and oddly, more reasonable and fitting, in-world
>>
>>335088467
He likely meets the real Big Boss at some point between 1984 and 1991. Also, is Kingdom of the Flies canon in it's entirety? According to timeline, he establishes his kingdom in 1984, but there's no mention as to whether or not Venom Snake stops him. It's pretty shady how Konami put the video on the Collector's Edition, but it's something else entirely if they expect it to be considered canon.
>>
File: jkLzoIo.png (830 KB, 1080x397) Image search: [Google]
jkLzoIo.png
830 KB, 1080x397
>>335086531
>he never got hugged by his father
TOP KEK
Stay mad, Liquid.
>>
>>335089754
no
>>335089818
no
>>335089940
no
>>
File: metal GEEEEEEEAR.png (319 KB, 4336x3840) Image search: [Google]
metal GEEEEEEEAR.png
319 KB, 4336x3840
>Metal gear D
>Giant Dong turret in the middle

Bravo Big Boss.
>>
>>335090251
>Metal Gear D
>Metal Gear Diamond
>Big Boss named his Metal Gear after Diamond Dogs
Poetry.

BRAVO KOJIMA
R
A
V
O

K
O
J
I
M
A
>>
>>335089078
It's a pile of garbage that runs on magic
thanks Huey
>>
>>335090468

It looks cool and fires crotch missiles though.
>>
File: venom wojak.png (488 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
venom wojak.png
488 KB, 800x1020
>base game is fun but the content runs dry and gets very boring after a few hours
>Venom turned out to be some random schmuck
>Eli barely does anything the whole game
>no Grey Fox or Naomi
>no EVA
>no young Solid
>no relevance to the series overarching plot
>the remaining supernatural elements the series still had after 4 were explained away by an even more bullshit explanation than nanomachines
>apparently Big Boss not actually being Big Boss is the biggest mystery we've ever wanted to know the truth about in the series
>Kiefer Snake barely ever speaks
>no loli Sniper Wolf or teenage Raven
>Volgin is just a husk, but then to really be dicks, they actually went and fully modeled his MGS3 appearance but then he doesn't speak or do anything anyway
>Mantis isn't even a character
>>
File: foxhound mascot.png (240 KB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
foxhound mascot.png
240 KB, 5120x3840
>>
>>335089814
now thats pretty cool, do you remember in what game that was said?
>>
>>335089520
>2 years of speculation turned out to be false

?
Look the MGS speculation threads were fun but at one point people started to believe the ridiculous shit

Was Miller just the sunglasses?
>>
>>335086753
>Otacon's grandpa made nukes
>Huey made ai and metal gears
>Hal made another metal gear

>Sokolov made rockets that got turned into Metal Gear:Beta Version

Why are scientists so cucked in this world?
>>
>>335089814
codecs in mgs1 pre/postfight and during it if you're annoying enough.
>>
>>335091356
>Was Miller just the sunglasses?

that was a joke though.

Miller = Ocelot and Chico = Quiet were fucking batshit though.
>>
>>335091384
Something something the war economy forces scientists to do evil things instead of good sciency things
>>
>>335091265
MGS1 codecs and the game manual/guide?
>>
>>335091384
technological advances are usually military funded
like the Internet, and radio for example
>>
>>335086531
>>he cumulated all his hatred for all these years to Big Boss' body double
No he didn't. The interactions he talks about having with BB in MGS1 aren't at all what they were like in V, so we can assume he meets the real BB at some point.

Eli is in V for pretty much no reason.
>>
>If Snake goes to Indo China I want a nigga hidin' in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass

Is this good writing?
>>
>>335088467
Probably both since he found out he was a clone of him at such a young age. Also didn't they force him into shitty circumstances compared to Solid who kept his foster parents until he was old enough to enlist?
>>
>>335086531
He was literally groomed that way from birth by The Patriots, they wanted to give him a massive inferiority complex so that on top of being unknowingly genetically superior he would always give maximum effort as well.
>>
>>335091430
I still believe Venom is Gray Fox.
>>
>>335087353
In MGS1, he's brainwashing the entire island. All those genome soldiers you fight are under Psycho Mantis' mind control. Ocelot even mentions his concerns about the brainwashing wearing off with Mantis dead.

So when you fight him, Mantis is using most of his power to keep hundreds of soldiers brainwashed to do FOXHOUND's bidding.
>>
>>335089938
MGS4 wouldn't make sense then.
>>
>>335093547
The "body" in the bag in MGS4 was the leftovers of Solidus' body after they took parts off of him to "rebuild" the real Big Boss. The real Big Boss was being kept in a coma in a location that is never revealed to the player.
>>
Let's recap what actually happened in the development of MGSV.

It was supposed to be a cut-and-dry story about Big Boss and his descent into depravity: how he went from hero to villain, the notorious guy that everybody in the MGS series talks about and seems to despise. That's what everybody was hyped for, and that's what we should have gotten. However, a story that self-evident triggered Kojima, and like the failed movie director hack that he is, he just had to go and make it into a convoluted b-tier anime shitfest of a game that breaks canon for the entire series. No, it doesn't even make sense in the context of MG1, because Big Boss didn't have the shrapnel or a robotic arm in that game.
>>
>>335094239

MG1's Big Boss was actually Venom, so it does end up making more sense than if Venom was actually BB.
>>
>>335094239
Nah I prefer wacky clone epic twists in my MGS f.am. We already know why BB is a cunt, that's why MGS3 and PW exist.
>>
>>335087706
KILLING ISNT A SPORT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXwCE4zxw_E
>>
>Goodbye, father. I don't need you anymore.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>335086531
That's not how chromosomes work.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.