[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exclusives are cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: unnamed.gif (322 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
322 KB, 160x160
So, I just beat Bloodborne. Bought a PS4 2 weeks agos because of it. Jesus Christ, what a fantastic game, might have even surpassed DaS for me, but I'm still torn on that.

But now, I just can't help but to feel sad. So many fans of the series won't get to play it. Passionate fans, whose the souls games have a special place on their hearts. This shit is legit infuriating, it hurts consumer and splits the fanbase.

Exclusives should be fucking terminated.
>>
>Passionate fans, whose the souls games have a special place on their hearts.
I'm pretty sure all of those managed to play BB somehow, if they haven't played it already I wouldn't call them passionate fans of the series.
>>
cry more bitch nigga
>>
without exclusives consoles would have nothing in comparison to the PC Master Race
>>
>>335083335
Not everyone shits out money. PC players in particular, those rigs are expensive.
>>
>>335083335
dark souls is my favorite game of all time, demon's souls is top ten. didn't care for dark souls 2 but, i am a passionate fan.

i can't afford a ps4. not only can i not afford it, but i can't justify it! no console is worth one game. when ps4s cost 100 bucks somewhere down the line i will get to play bloodborne, but probably not until then.
>>
>>335083538
Then you don't play Bloodborne, simple as that.
>>
>>335083141
yes exclusives are awful but sadly there's nothing you can do about it. console gaming has been so bad for more than a decade now. if they don't have exclusives there would be no reason to buy consoles.
>>
>>335083538
Keep crying bitch nigga, I got a Wii exclusively for No More Heroes and didn't regret one thing.
>>
File: 1460703231269.jpg (191 KB, 1680x943) Image search: [Google]
1460703231269.jpg
191 KB, 1680x943
>>335083141
yea being poor must suck.
>>
>>335083485
I'm assuming if you have enough money for a high end PC you should have a bit more for a console.
>>
File: 1307230885001.png (163 KB, 316x310) Image search: [Google]
1307230885001.png
163 KB, 316x310
>>335083141
Cry me a river. If you can afford an expensive luxury item like a high-test "Master Race"-tier PC, then another three grand and some change shouldn't kill you.
>>
>>335083141
can this meme please end? 90% of exclusives(excluding MS) would otherwise not exist if it weren't for the company funding it or creating the dev team that made it.
>>
Do you even realize the point of exclusives is to sell hardware. You would've never bought that PS4 if it didn't have a game you wanted and couldn't get elsewhere
>>
>>335083141
Bloodborne wouldn't exist if it weren't for Sony's need to sell their console. There isn't a perfect timeline where Playstation dies and every single Japan Studio game is made multiplat. If you kill the concept of exclusives most o these games wouldn't exist at all.
>>
File: 9yxAcOa[1].jpg (395 KB, 1914x939) Image search: [Google]
9yxAcOa[1].jpg
395 KB, 1914x939
>>335083141
>>
File: 6a2[1].png (47 KB, 125x127) Image search: [Google]
6a2[1].png
47 KB, 125x127
>BLOODBORNE
>MUSTARD RACE

kek
>>
>>335084229
if consoles werent around devs would be forced to develop for pc tho
>>
>>335084838
They wouldn't be around at all fuckface
>>
>>335084838
Not for japanese devs
>>
>>335084838
Yea and everything would be MOBA and f2p games
>>
Isn't DeS also Sony Exclusive or am i missing something?
>>
>>335083141
>buying a console for 1 game
no one to blame but yourself
>>
>>335085147
It is but DeS isn't popular for some reason
>>
File: 1457988211974.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457988211974.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
I sometimes wish Steam and newgen consoles didn't exist.
>>
>>335085418
So we could all have fun together and a dandy time? Nah
>>
>>335083141
Fuck off berniefag. Games like bloodborne wouldn't fucking exist if there were no exclusives. Nintendo wouldn't exist since their biggest appeal are games you can only play on their hardware. And no, your cuck mentallity doesn't make you a "good guy" because you try to empathize with people who get the short end of the stick since you effectively ask for at least 50% of video games to just disappear because you think competition is unhealthy for the market.
>>
Bloodborne is cool
Really cool

Love the enemy design, most bosses, most weapons as well (well not really in design, but in use)

But here's what bothers me:
It's just so brown
So fucking brown
I get that it's supposed to be dreary, but that doesn't mean every zone outside of forests and castle cainhurst has to look so goddamn colourless

On a kinda, but not really related topic. What's a post apocalypse game with beautiful and colourful environments?
>>
>>335085634
I don't know if you could call it post apocalyptic but Nier, kinda.
>>
>>335085507
There used to be vidya before steam y'know.
>>
>>335085934
I have a lot of the soundtrack on my VGM playlist
It's very good, but I never played the game

I could find a copy and borrow my cousin's 360
>>
>>335086207
Go ahead and play it, it's a good game.
>>
>>335085556
Do you have proof for bloodborne never existing without sony? Fromsoftware love miyazakis games. Why wouldn't they fund bloodborne?
>>
>>335086318
I think you are confused
Bloodborne was made by from AND japan studios (sony)

I think...
Maybe I'm confused
>>
>>335084020
Leave it to the consolecuck to assume OP is pc masterrace.
He could literally be making this thread from his fucking phone for all you know.
>>
havent bought a console since the sony playstation and I really don't care at all when you guys sling shit over console games
>>
>That feel when Bloodborne is your favourite Souls game
>That feel when you will never play it in 1080p at 60fps

Feels bad man. Fuck exclusives.
>>
>>335086436
Designer: Hidetaka Miyazaki
Developer: FromSoftware
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment

I'm pretty positive bandai would have published again for him easily.
>>
File: stallman_pepper.jpg (123 KB, 902x992) Image search: [Google]
stallman_pepper.jpg
123 KB, 902x992
>>335083778
>>335083610
>corporate whores apologists

Keep enabling shitty practices goyim, I'm sure it will serve you in the long run
>>
>>335086624
Yeah probably, maybe sony bribed from?
I remember hearing about financial trouble, but I forget the details.
>>
The real question you have to ask yourselves is "Would I still purchase that console if my favorite exclusives were multiplatform or on PC?"
>>
>>335083141
Exclusives promote competition. How are they cancer?
>>
>>335086761
I could just be talking out of my ass, I have no clue how the money for development process works.
>>
>>335087214
Neither do I, anon
>>
>>335083141
Exclusives are the reason you have video games to begin with. Bow to your "put your money where your mouth is" overlords
>>
>>335083335
I bought the Japanese version of Demon's Souls so I could play early and picked up every Dark Souls game on release besides 3 which was mailed to me. I'd consider myself a pretty big fan, but I still refuse to shit out 400 bucks for a fucking ps4 just to play Bloodborne.
>>
Any "true" Souls fans probably owns both a PS3 and PS4 and has been supporting the series since Demon's.

Also Bloodborne is good at best. Far too many problems to make it an excellent inclusion, and it only gets abnormal praise because it's PS4's only worthwhile exclusive.
>>
Exclusive are bad
But so are monopolies

Man, in the end we always lose.
>>
File: Shrugs.png (2 KB, 139x138) Image search: [Google]
Shrugs.png
2 KB, 139x138
>>335083141
>>335083335
DaS1 is my second favorite GOAT, and I haven't played BB simply because A) I don't want to buy a PS4 just for BB (there's maybe one other game that interests me on the PS4 but it's still not enough to make it worth buying) and B) none of my friends own a PS4. I'd love to try out BB, but it's going to be one of those games that I end up playing years later or not at all.
Before BB was announced, for a time I was actually considering buying a used (or even new) PS3 just so I could play DeS. The PS3 has a handful of other PS3 and even PS2 games that would make it more worth the money, but I ultimately didn't do anything about that.
The way I see it, if I'm gonna buy a new console I expect to have at least six games that I can play and enjoy the warrant buying it. I've never bought a console within the first year of its release past the PS1, and exclusives and the fun factor of a game are basically why. Hell, last year I even bought a Wii-U because there's like twelve games on it that I knew I'd enjoy playing all the way through. Say what you will about the Wii-U being a dead system, but to me it was a console worth buying because it had fun games.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.