[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm playing 5 days a stranger because /v/ recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 5daysse2[1].gif (10 KB, 320x208) Image search: [Google]
5daysse2[1].gif
10 KB, 320x208
So I'm playing 5 days a stranger because /v/ recommended me this, and in the first 5 minutes, you have to shake a fucking tree multiple times at a very specific time in the story to get a dude to fall from it even if there was no one or nothing there 2 minutes ago at the other point in the story.

This is such a bullshit "puzzle", why would someone who played any adventure game ever put it in?

Is this why adventure games died and turned into hidden object crap? Because the designers were too stupid to make logical puzzles and instead just devolved into "click on things to reveal things clicky clicky happy fun time"?
>>
File: 1435594531869.jpg (158 KB, 847x943) Image search: [Google]
1435594531869.jpg
158 KB, 847x943
It was an indie devs first adventure game. It's better for the atmosphere and enthusiasm than the actual quality. Sort of like Punk Rock.

If that's not your jam, no one is making you play it anon.
>>
>>335076216
>It was an indie devs first adventure game.
But you'd expect that someone making a game in AGS would be a huge fan of the genre, who knew what bullshit puzzles are, and how to avoid them, wouldn't you?
>>
I beat the game without a walkthrough.

Like.

How the fuck are you struggling?
>>
File: 1455504915783.jpg (711 KB, 850x627) Image search: [Google]
1455504915783.jpg
711 KB, 850x627
>>335076938
The first step to learning a skill is mimicry. Sometimes that means taking the worst parts of something. The game isn't perfect or even really good, but the real joy in the first attempt is that it exists. The dev went on record saying that he knows he fucked up, but it was a learning experience. That's kind of how you have to look at it.
>>
>>335077197
I'm not, I'm saying it's bullshit.

>>335077372
>The first step to learning a skill is mimicry
Only if you're brain damaged so you can't think for yourself or at least mimic the good practitioners of said skill. It's like someone learning to draw by mimicking Chris Chan.
>>
Is Trilby his self-insert? I've never seen the dude, but creating a character with a fedora and long hair sure sounds like some neckbearded furry's Gary Stu.
>>
>>335079312
Yahtzee has a thing for thieves.

We're talking about a man whose favorite games are the first two Thief's.

And Trilby seems like just a regular run of the mill thief of his time.
>>
File: 4056485543_cf525b5653_z[1].jpg (75 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
4056485543_cf525b5653_z[1].jpg
75 KB, 480x640
>>335079453
Oh wow, called it. It was pretty damn obvious.
>>
>>335080228
Well that and Yahtzee's a fucking dork
>>
>>335080302
What's the point of having that haircut? It's literally the "my mom cuts my hair and she wanted a girl" haircut.
>>
>>335079312
used to be his self insert, yes. In later games he began hating the fact he'd done so and so the character became more insufferable. It's well worth watching the ego reviews to hear about the process.
>>
>>335080228
Worth noting he doesn't wear the hat anymore.
>>
>>335079312
Every one of his protagnonists until Notes is.
>>
>>335076026
Yahtzee's a total hypocrite when it comes to his own games, I always get kind of annoyed when he lauds his shitty 10$ flash game in Let's Drown Out
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.