[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have so many devs abandoned local co-op? Is everyone in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: coop.jpg (114 KB, 530x293) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
114 KB, 530x293
Why have so many devs abandoned local co-op? Is everyone in this industry a fucking shut-in?
>>
>m-muh couch co-op

lol stick to you dynasty warriorrs cuck
>>
>>335075729

Consoles have gone from the living room to the bedroom. It's kind of weird to invite a bunch of dudes around to hang out in your bedroom once you get past like 15 years old.

Also, most games can barely maintain a playable FPS, if they became split screen this would drop to unplayable levels.
>>
>>335075729
>Why have so many devs abandoned local co-op?
indie scene is saturated with local co-op gaems
>>
They want you to pay to play multiplayer. Go to neo-fag and read all of the posts about people owning more than one PS4 for different rooms or for their tranny boyfriend so they can play multiplayer.
>>
>>335076098
>Consoles have gone from the living room to the bedroom

Bullshit.
>>
>>335076098
>It's kind of weird to invite a bunch of dudes around to hang out in your bedroom once you get past like 15 years old.
That's retarded if anyone actually feels like that. Besides, there are a lot of people with siblings too, who are shit out of luck nowadays.

>Also, most games can barely maintain a playable FPS, if they became split screen this would drop to unplayable levels
That part's more believable I guess.
>>
>>335076420

I don't know anyone who has a console in their living room anymore. Everyone grew up and took them to their bedrooms so they could game in comfy.
>>
Consoles can't even hold fucking 30 fps for one player.
>>
You should get Towerfall. It's one of my favorite local co-op games released in the past few years.
>>
File: 2016-03-25 19.15.17.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-25 19.15.17.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>335076513
Move out of your parent's house bro. The Steam Link even lets me mustard race it up while on my couch now.
>>
>>335076732

I've lived on my own for years. I spend most of my time in my bedroom.

Must be a habit.
>>
>>335076513
So the OP is correct, that everyone is a shut-in now?

A lot of people have roommates, live in dorms at college, etc. I'm not sure if what you're saying is really the case in reality anyway...
>>
>>335075984
Did you type that with your dick?
>>
>>335076809
I was like that for awhile, and hatred the fact that my nice ass open living room was going unused, so I moved everything out there, and it's fantastic. And great for hosting some gaming get togethers.

Plus, playing dork sauls at 60fps on a nice big tv is really the best way to play.
>>
File: 1460569407442.jpg (125 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
1460569407442.jpg
125 KB, 615x820
>>335075729
>enjoying analog social interactions
Get with the times gramps. Everything's digital now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.