[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people keep harping on about multiplayer holy FUCK that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: all other games btfo.jpg (159 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
all other games btfo.jpg
159 KB, 800x564
>people keep harping on about multiplayer

holy FUCK that's NOT what the game is about when will you idiots get that through your fucking skulls? it's about an experience where you can do literally anything your mind wants

it's about the journey not the destination, look up the dev interviews ffs
>>
>>335075343
My mind wants to play with my friends.
>>
>>335075449
real funny faggot kill yourself
>>
I know this is bait because I've seen the exact same post starting a thread before, but I unironically agree with it
>>
>>335075489
But my mind doesn't want to.
>>
>>335075727
Don't ever fucking reply to me (or my wife's son) again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>/v/ loves the fuck out of this and anticipates it for years
>suddenly game is featured on conan/colbert report and becomes popular and loved by reddit/neogaf/9gag etc.
>suddenly /v/ hates the FUCK out of it

like clockwork
>>
Fuck multiplayer. Just what I wanted: /v/ faggots and underage shitting up the game with memes and faggotry. Singleplayer will always be superior. I don't need social bullshit in my games.
>>
>>335075965
No, it's the typical deflation of hype that happens with every game ever announced. If the if the turnaround between the announcement and release is greater than a year, it fades from consciousness and people stop giving a shit by the time it actually comes out.
>>
>>335075965
>idiots buy into the you can do anything hype
>it is shown that you can do nothing
>hype is gone

I know right, what turncoats! You worked hard to market this product here.
>>
>>335075965
I always thought it looked a bit shifty.
Claims like "it'll take 5 billion years to fully explore" usually come with a catch.
I just don't see how these planets won't get extremely samey after a while.
>>
>>335075343
It's about going to several different planets that barely change from one another and naming animals and Fauna to boost your Epeen.
Because there is nothing else to do and no goal, objective or purpose to do anything else

As vast as a ocean. As deep as a puddle.
>>
>>335078461
>As vast as a ocean. As deep as a puddle.

stop fucking saying this autist
get a life
>>
>>335075965
>/v/ loves the fuck out of this and anticipates it for years
A year. then they kept showing the people playing it doing the exact same shit they were doing in the last preview. Making everyone realize that there is nothing outside of naming some shit, Visiting planets and pointlessly killing stuff.
>suddenly game is featured on conan/colbert report and becomes popular and loved by reddit/neogaf/9gag etc
Were you living under a rock when the game was reveal at E3 and then again shown at every conceivable Convention since then?
>suddenly /v/ hates the FUCK out of it
Wasn't suddenly and was last year and for good reason. Because the game is releasing soon and all we are getting is Vague as fuck responses from the devs and the same boring ass gameplay we saw two years ago.
>>
>>335078767
Game is pointlessly large with nothing to do it in.
It's the perfect analogy for this game.
>>
>>335075343
Mine craft takes infinite years to explore every where on every seed and do everything everywhere on every seed
>>
>>335078864
>we are getting is Vague as fuck responses from the devs

THEY
DONT
WANT
TO
SPOIL
ALL
THE
STUFF
YOU
CAN
DO

holyshit this place is retarded
>>
>>335075343
i want to play with my friends. sorry, my MIND wanta to play with my friends, can i do that in the game?
can i fuck ducks? cause i also want to do that
>>
>>335075965
>The exact same post as the last thread
End you life pls
>>
Oh boy, can't wait to explore random blue planet 12!

That'll be fun!

>you can do anything!

Nope. Please fuck off with that.
>>
>viral marketing
>>
>>335067015
Trying to explain anything to /v/ is pointless, just give up.
That said, I'm going to play the fuck out of this game and I'm very happy it's single player so I don't have to deal with any online retards trying to troll.
Also, stop saying you can do anything you want, you're giving people the wrong idea and literally contradicted yourself because what if my mind wants multiplayer? You're asking for arguments
>>
>>335079208
So they show up and tell us nothing that we can do in teh game.
What's to keep our interest.
What's to persaude us to buy the game.

This is the reason nobody cares and see's it as a shallow piece of shit. Because for the last 2 years we have seen nothing, learned nothing about the game.

Do you honestly expect anyone to care let alone believe that game has anything more then what we have seen in the last 2 years.

The answer is a resounding no.
>>
>>335079352
Your*
>>
>>335079208
I get that you genuinely believe this.

However, I am sure that there simply isn't anything to do.

You won't convince me that you are correct, just how I can't convince you that I am correct.
>>
>>335079503
I made an oopsie
Meant to reply to op>>335075343
>>
>>335079208
>you have to buy it to find out what you can do in it
I didn't know Nancy Pelosi opened up a video game studio
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSM9pGbITY I honestly feel bad for anyone whos not hyped. If this game delivers on procedural generation where all have failed, it could change the industry forever. Good luck Hello Games please save us from these shitty space sims and rpgs
>>
>>335079713
thats how games used to be.
>>
>>335079732
Do you honestly expect the creators of such amazing original classics as Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2. to fail?
I most certainly hope not.
>>
>>335079503
Someone got burned hard in Ds3...
>>
>>335079713
>Nancy Pelosi
fuck, meant to type Mitch McConnell
>>
>>335079732
That's the same 3 planets we've seen in every single No Man's Sky video.
>>
File: 1411611388898.jpg (25 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1411611388898.jpg
25 KB, 419x419
>>335079936
haha epic xD
>>
>>335079828
that's how Atari and Colicovision games used to be. Yeah.

But then we got magazines and shit for games when Megadrive and Nes came along.
>>
>>335079914
I didn't expect the creators of Fallout 2 or Halo 3 to fail but they did. Triple a games are cancer these days.
>>
>>335075343

You can do anything!

Where have I heard this before?
>>
>>335079828
So true. I don't understand why anyone else thinks otherwise. You wouldn't want to know the plot twists or ending of a movie before you watch it would you?

Not asking for real, but I'm sure someone is going to give me a smart ass answer to that.
>>
>>335075343
>where you can do literally anything

hi peter!
>>
>>335079828
Yeah, before the North American video games crash of 1983.
>>
Procedural Generation is in the wrong place, it should be in other alien races, that can be part of your team and enemies, it should randomly generate all the aliens and weapons and encounters, where your ship is your homebase and you can collect crew members and gear.
>>
>>335079935
Don't have it yet sadly.
But I know what you're trying to say and I play plenty of pvp and it gets quite tiring after awhile, so a vast single player game like this will be refreshing to play.
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 500x500
>>335075343
>5 billion years
Guys, I figured out what's going on here. This is no game. They're sending thousands of humans into space to preserve the race from the planet's upcoming destruction. It will literally take us 5 billion years to thoroughly explore the milky way.
>>
>>335079208
how much do you get paid to shill here?
>>
>>335075343
>can do literally anything
>literally the only things you can do are fly around, land on "different" planets that are green instead of orange this time, LOOK at things, trade any material you get for nothing useful because there's no crafting, not play with anyone else, deal with lifeless NPCs that are even more vapid than the billions of planets in the game, and sometimes shoot magical space police that prove you are not even EXPLORING because everywhere you've gone has already been discovered by said police.
>>
>>335080049
What did the creators of Fallout 2 fail to do? because I'm under the impression that FO3 4 NV Tactics and Brotherhood are not released to the guys who made Fo2.

Alot of people expected Bungie to fail. The fight was finished, they were just money grubbing afterwards.
>>
>>335080125
>the plot twists or ending of a movie

What? That's completely different. Plot is different from gameplay. Saying "Rocky wins" is different to saying "Rocky boxes".
>>
>>335075829
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>335080631
You get the jist of what im saying though. The funny thing is about all of the shittalking about the game is no one provides a better game on the horizon that will do what nms is trying to do. Im surprised the game isn't a kickstarter early access shitfest like most of the other space sims these days. This game will prove whether procedural content can be varied and not just recolors of different variables. I want it to succeed. At least let it come out first.
>>
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF YEARS
WOW
>>
>>335080860
This is a game where the mechanics could surprise people if not spoiled. For example there are black holes in the game but they haven't shown what interacting with them is like, wouldn't it be cooler for the community to find it out themselves?
>>
>>335080860
It's a simple comparison. Movies don't have mechanics in them like games do, so I just chose another part of a movie, ie plot twist. Think of something better if you want. The point is that part of buying a new game is the discovery of the gameplay. Thats how games used to be years ago and at some point it changed and now everyone expects to see the whole game before they decide if it's worth it or not
>>
>>335081226
This, perfect example of what I just explained here >>335081305
>>
But like what do you do?
>>
>>335075343
Why the fuck wouldn't I pirate it when it's on GOG and doesn't have multiplayer? They're fucking moronic. No multiplayer, no incentive to buy.
>>
>>335081625

Fly around to different planets and harvest there minerals and kill shit, Upgrade your ship and abilities, explore new worlds and new planets, find cool shit, work your way to the center of the galaxy and find some cool, unknown treasure. Participate in wars, Dig for info about the lore, Trade resources, Attack Ships, Find cool as fuck areas and chill, Listen to some music and fly through space. Kill dinosaurs. Fly into a black hole and see what happens.

Do you really need to know more about the game before you decide weather its for you and you should buy it? Jesus christ you people are autistic.
>>
oh look its this thread again with the same exact OP and replies totally not a shill
>>
All the features are currently idea, the latest IGN 20 minutes of gameplay makes it obvious, he keeps talking about how it will be in the game eventually. And it looks like they are falling behind schedule.
>>
>>335082032
So nothing? Thanks :^)
>>
>>335082032
You're whole spiel was autism, thats minecraft in a fucking nutshell. Literal autism in it's purest form.
>>
>>335081625
https://youtu.be/D-uMFHoF8VA
Here watch this. The pace of the video and the dev explaining stuff is sorta slow but he does tell you what you will be doing in an average 20 minute playthrough
>>
File: the_memer.jpg (59 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
the_memer.jpg
59 KB, 1000x562
>>335075343
>muh five billion years
>>
Did nobody here play Elite Dangerous? This single player shit is cancer. Game is DOA unless they make it more like EVE.

Seriously that's all people are looking for is first person EVE what the fuck is so hard to get
>>
>>335082350
>>335082367

Then, if the game sounds boring or exactly like Minecraft, That means its not for you! By golly we cracked the case.
>>
File: nms spam.png (260 KB, 1553x748) Image search: [Google]
nms spam.png
260 KB, 1553x748
Fuck off with your false flagging copypasta spam threads
>>
File: Oh, V.png (142 KB, 1353x462) Image search: [Google]
Oh, V.png
142 KB, 1353x462
>>335075343
thanks for the memes, mate
>>
>>335082870
Minecraft has enemies and building at least
>>
>>335083042
>Minecraft has enemies

So does this. Life on the planets, sentiels that defend them and will attack if you kill things/break into shit/mine too much, or factions you can piss off if you steal from them or attack their ships
>>
>>335083042

No Mans Sky has enemies, And it's a game about flying through space and exploring planets. Setting up shop on a random planet for no good reason is pointless.

It would be cool to build ships though. I'll give you that one.
>>
>>335082964
I'm buying this game but damn it is sad how hilarious this is
>>
Biggest flop of this generation incoming. Just another walking simulator but this time with "haha XD so quirky and random!" space "exploration" and "combat." Can't wait to see it crash and burn.
>>
>>335075343
Confirmed for zero gameplay. Just another shit like fire watch.
>>
>>335083280
>>335083042

Another anon here, setting up shop on a planet would be cool, the problem everyone is having is that it's not all rolled into one game.
Nms is about being a nomadic explorer traveling through the galaxy
"Minecraft in space" would be cool on its own, look up astroneers, that game would be minecraft in space.
They are just two sides of the same coin
>>
it would take 5 billion years to count to 31622400 5 billion times!
>>
>>335083172
Sounds bland and boring. No diplomacy, no settler gameplay, no creating own race and civilisation, no building at all. No attacking enemy race to enslave. No Death Star. So many no's.

It is just a far cry 2 in space.
>>
>>335075343
Padding
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.