[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I summon for every single boss in Das3 and beat the game and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cosy.jpg (138 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cosy.jpg
138 KB, 1000x1000
If I summon for every single boss in Das3 and beat the game and you did it without summoning once, I beat it just as legitimately as you :)
>>
Watch out buddy, because you'll trigger someone with that talk.
>>
>>335073164
Don't worry anon!

The summon system is a central feature of the game, there are even different covenants based around co-operative play!

Nobody would get angry about using a main feature of a video game, right?
>>
>>335072904
>>335073442

Honestly there's no problem with playing it this way. The game's not Diablo 3 or anything but the co-op is fun as fuck, plus being summoned is a good way to play an area over and over again with its boss.

However people who take pride in not doing this will milk their satisfaction by insulting people who used teamwork. It's only logical.
>>
Git gud you samefag
>>
>>335076514
>I don't know how to check for samefagging

It's okay anon, there's multiple people here!

Just like there were multiple people in all my boss battles, which were very fun.
>>
>I play on the easy difficulty when I play games
Nothing wrong with this, all a matter of personal pride. I don't know what the difficulty level would be when you summon phantoms that don't show animations and can't be attacked though.
>>
I usually use summon on bosses i find to hard on my first playtrough. in 3 that was only twin princes and Nameless king. I later try to solo the bosses i didn't solo on a new char or NG+
>>
Is there even a single difference between summoning for Dark Souls and using the invincible Tanooki Suit in the new Mario?

In both cases you're "having fun blasting through the world" and "only using a feature the game gives you". And both cases utterly removes any difficulty from a game that takes a little bit of skill otherwise.

Not using the Tanooki suit is just a choice you make to make the game harder on yourself afterall. Nothing ever tells you not to use it.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>335074884
>Used teamwork

You mean cheesed bosses by fucking up their aggro right? No sane person would ever possibly belive the DS bosses were created with co-op in mind, it completely breaks their AI and removes all challenge.

Honestly, using summons is only mildly harder than just giving yourself Godmode via CE
>>
>>335079618
Now anon why on earth would they put co-op in the game if we weren't supposed to use it? Don't be silly, if we can summon in ember mode before a boss we can if we like!
>>
>>335080386

No one's saying you can't use it, they're saying it's the same as using the other EZMODE invincibility modes games offer, likeep Luigi mode, or the Tanooki suit.

No one argues that the game let's you give yourself God Mode, but there's a clear distinction between people who beat Mario normally and those that use the suit on every level.
>>
>>335079348
You make some good points here, but the difference is that the tanooki suit was designed for the express purpose of inadequate players, whereas cooping in dark souls is essential if you want a multiplayer experience
>>
>>335081091
I'm not so sure there is, because it's not offered as a trick or as a "hack" for untalented players to boost through the game, it's the co-op experience. You can't have multiplayer without summoning or invading.

And since the game as standard starts in online mode and you start off with the item which allows to get yourself summoned, I'd say it's more unorthodox for you not to summon, anon!

Don't worry though, everyone's just happy we all beat the game. There's no trophy for not summoning!
>>
this is a shitty bait thread but if you summon for your first playthrough, you must know you're not beating the game the correct way and cheating yourself out of the true experience. The boss AI cannot handle more than one person, Kos forbid four. I usually summon on subsequent playthroughs to keep the game active but always kill every boss by myself at least once.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.