[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the story back Ciaran, Ornstein and the rest of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: 1395539314973.jpg (544 KB, 1200x1274) Image search: [Google]
1395539314973.jpg
544 KB, 1200x1274
What's the story back Ciaran, Ornstein and the rest of the crew?
All I know was that she got mad for me consuming Artoria's soul.
>>
>>335072738
She really liked Artorias, stayed near his grave till she died, thats the body with the Hornet Ring, leader of the lords blades , kept her armour on for the whole game also she doesnt like humans or somehting
>>
>tfw no gold/dark tracers in 3

No the dancer blades aren't the same they're shit
>>
Ciaran was probably Artorias lover.
Gough probaby went with Artorias to Oolacile to help him, and when Artorias got fucked, probably couldn't bring himself to kill him. Although I have this feeling that Gough wpuld have been better friends with Orenstein
>>
>>335073126
I kinda wish they put gave us more stuff about Gough and Ciaran. Like ffs Ornstein made his appearance in 3 games and even has Smough referenced in the 3rd. But these 2 are just stuck in a DLC for the first game
>>
>>335073426
Ornsteins cool but why is Miyazaki obsessed with him , three boss fights
>>
>tfw no souls game we'll ever have the perfect greenblue vibes of DaS1 again
why live
>>
>>335073071
wait for the DLC. could be expanded painted world. the tracers are in the game data.
>>
They used to be best friends, but probably with a lot of tension, during the Dragon War. But eventually got split up due to circumstances. They all ended up in Oolacile except Ornstein.

Artorias was sent to Oolacile to fight the Abyss, Hawkeye Gough was probably sent to hunt down Kalameet, Ciaran went after Artorias because she had a crush on him and Ornstein was left in charge of the City with Gwyn and Gwynever gone.
>>
>>335073908

>tfw you want the DLC to explain stuff
>realize Miyazaki will never explain stuff
>he'll make DLC which only makes more questions

Every other DLC tells us this
>>
>all these beta fucks who has to fantasize about Ciaran being in love with their edgy hero Arty

They were just very good friends and comrades. All four of them were.
>>
>>335073975
>Hawkeye Gough was probably sent to hunt down Kalameet,
He said that Anor Londo would not dare to piss him off. Judging by his helmet he also did not seem to owe AL anything anymore. Might have joined Artorias just for kicks and Artorias, the hero that he is, told him to stay behind. Ironically Gough could have cheesed Manus from above and Artorias would never have been corrupted.
>>
>>335074273
The Corvians seeming to be from or be obsessed with the painted world are a slight hint. Could be wrong, but I hope it's not.
>>
>>335073126
Dont know but I just imagine Ornstein as a smug and arrogant guy. It seems like he fought with artorias for leadership. All of them were connected by a sense of duty more than by being good friends.
>>
>>335072924
Wasn't artotias human?
>>
>>335074734
>It seems like he fought with artorias for leadership.
They both had different jobs. Artorias being the chief of the dragonslayers would have made as much sense as Ciaran being in charge of the archers.
>>
>>335074378
Eh, Ciaran's dialog implies that she might have had some feelings for him. Listen to her tone again.

I mean hell, when she dies she says "my dear Artorias"
>>
>>335074917
No of course not
>>
>>335073656
A better question would be why the FUCK does the player's Ornstein armour not have the plume?

We get coat physics n shit but no plume?
>>
>>335075251
It's just a prank, bro.
>>
>>335073975
DaS3 pretty much establishes that the Ornstein in DaS1 was just an illusion, since the real Ornstein went on to search for Gwyn's first born son The Nameless King.
>>
>>335075687
how'd you get his soul tho? or is getting his soul not canon?
>>
>>335075092
>my dear friend

Yea, NEVER EVER has that been uttered in the history of mankind or the Klin.
>>
>>335075251
The plume is ornstein's hair.
>>
>>335075808
Maybe he split his soul to create said illusion? Like how Gwyn gave part of his soul to his faithful knights.
>>
>>335074917
Artorias' race is never determined in the games.
>>
>>335074917
All of them are Giants of varied heights
>>
>>335073071
>tfw no gold/dark tracers in 3
They're one of the boss weapons for Dancer of the Frigid Valley, deal with it faggot.
>>
>>335073426
Gough retired and eventually died peacefully of course

The only fate left in the air is how Ornstein went down. His story ends after he met the firstborn
>>
>>335076471
Why did he go after Gwyn's son again?
>>
>>335076676
He was probably his instructor in the art of killing shit with the spear
>>
>>335076307
They're SHIT

S H I T
H
I
T
>>
>>335076676
If I had to guess I'd say he wanted the firstborn to link the flame after Gwyn became the lord of cinder and went hollow.
>>
If the first DLC is more time traveling bullshit I'll be super pissed. The worst possible DLC I could think of lore wise would be time traveling to see Ornstein's fate. Of course it'll be some dumb shit like he ends up going crazy and the MC has to kill him.

I'm still mad how fucking stupid the Artorias DLC was lore wise. Just makes your MC seem so unneedingly godlike. It would have been better if you had just played as another character that had all your gear and stats and then whatever you got in that DLC had transferred over.
>>
>>335075251
>working plumes in DaS2
>working plumes in DaS3
>Ornstein's armor still has no plume

At this point might actually be what the other anons said, either it's his actual hair or From is just fucking with us now.
>>
>>335078383
They probably just recycled the player armor from DaS and never bothered to add the plume.
>>
File: IUNzk4R.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IUNzk4R.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>>335073126
More like ciaran ha shit taste in men and lusted for artorias' cock even thouh best boy ornstein was right there and atorias himself was asexualfag at best, a furryfag at worst.
>>
>>335073656
> why is Miyazaki obsessed with him
> ornstein is cool

You've already answered that question famalam
>>
>>335075814
>>
File: 1461194587459.jpg (25 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1461194587459.jpg
25 KB, 480x433
>>335072738
>Dark Souls III finally allows you to have up to 4 co-op players
>No Ciaran's or Gough's stuff
I just wanted to do the 4 knights playthrough with my friends, I always wished for that ever since Dark Souls 1 but it only allowed 2 phantoms and had that stupid yellow/white glow you couldn't remove.
It would be fucking perfect but they only made Artorias' and Ornstein's equipment.
>>
>>335076676
like the other anon said, Ornstein was probably Nameless' teacher in dragonslaying, due to Nameless' weapon of choice, and went after him when things went to shit, as for what happened when he found him it's up for debate
>>
>>335078383
its obvious they're fucking with us

I've wanted a working plume since ds1

FUCK YOU MIYAZAKI
>>
>>335079080

Kek, why do Ornsteincucks even care that Ciaran cocklusted for best boy Artorias instead of their boring husbando?
>>
File: 1317064874753.jpg (72 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
1317064874753.jpg
72 KB, 400x594
>>335082148
at least ornstein didnt fall like a bitch nigga to the abyss
>>
>>335076276
>>335076213
>All of them are Giants of varied heights
Wrong.

There are two ORIGINAL races in Dark Souls.
Giants and Hollows.
Give a Hollow a powerful soul and they will become human. This is why Humanity, shards of the Dark Soul, turn Hollows human.
Give a Hollow a REALLY powerful soul and they will become human, but will also grow in size relative to the power of that soul. This is why the Witch of Izalith is three times the size of her daughters in the intro cinematic, despite the fact they're all part of the same race.
Take away the souls of Artorias, Gwyn and Solaire and you have three indistinguishable Hollows.
Give Solaire's soul to Gwyn and Gwyn's soul to Solaire and Solaire would be the huge motherfucker and Gwyn would be the ordinary human.
>>
>>335082361
>This is why the Witch of Izalith is three times the size of her daughters in the intro cinematic, despite the fact they're all part of the same race.
It's also why Ornstein grows in size when absorbing Smough's soul during that boss fight, by the way.
It's also why the Soul of Cinder is much larger than all of the ordinary humans who have ever linked the fire.
>>
>>335082148
>for best boy Artorias
If he's so good then why does he suck at his own job?
Ornstein actually hunts Dragons
Artorias was a lowly Darkwraith assassin that failed in his specialty
>>
>>335080821
>CIARAN
Dancer's Enchanted Swords
Hornet Ring
Robe of Prayer
Dancer Set
10 STR
40 DEX

>GOUGH
Dragonslayer Bow
Hawk Ring
Outrider Knight Helm
Brigand Armor
Alva Gauntlets and Boots
40 STR
30 DEX
>>
>>335080821

Me and my friend were doing this yesterday. I wore Ornstein armour and he was in Smough's. I summoned an invader and my pal hid next to me with the white tree branch. The moment I got the invader to low health, or I myself was about to die, he would jump out of nowhere and smash the guy with Smough's hammer. It was cheap as fuck, but holy shit, I couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>335082578
>Artorias was a lowly Darkwraith assassin that failed in his specialty
Everything about Artorias hunting Darkwraiths and making a covenant with the beasts of the abyss has been retconned, or can be chalked up to people mistaking the Chosen Undead for Artorias.

Artorias died in the very, very first outbreak of the abyss. There was no abyss for him to make a covenant over before Manus, and he died immediately after that.
>>
>>335081798
>like the other anon said, Ornstein was probably Nameless' teacher in dragonslaying
Completely backwards.
Ornstein was Nameless' first knight. He was Nameless' subordinate. Nameless probably taught him.
That's the equivalent of saying Artorias probably taught Gwyn how to fight.
>>
>>335074734
>Dont know but I just imagine Ornstein as a smug and arrogant guy. It seems like he fought with artorias for leadership. All of them were connected by a sense of duty more than by being good friends.
Your imagination is wrong. Lore states that Ornstein fancied himself the leader. Lore does not state that Artorias was the ACTUAL leader.
Also, both Ciaran and Gough seem to share genuine concern and grief over Artorias. They were friends.
They were probably an orderless group, and Ornstein just took charge. That doesn't mean he stole the reins from anyone else.
The other three were probably like 'man what a bossy boots', but I bet they were still bros.
>>
>>335072738
Ciaran was Artorias cum dumpster.
>>
>Gwyn at full-power could not handle Chaos
>the Ivory King jumps straight balls-deep into iit and manages to lock it in it's bedroom
No really, why do people think Gwyn is strong when he's weaker than the Bed of Chaos?
>>
>>335074378
>edgy hero
Have you heard Artorias' cut dialogue?
He has the most boyscout voice imaginable.
He was probably a super polite 'protector of the downtrodden' type, full of optimism and goodwill.
Then he got the shit beaten out of him and died confused and afraid.
If he were edgy he would have kept his shield, not thrown it away to save Sif.
>HE WAS JUST AN ANIMAL CIARAN
>JUST A BEAST
>>
File: 1872973.jpg (29 KB, 304x330) Image search: [Google]
1872973.jpg
29 KB, 304x330
>>335072738
>no Ciaran set in DkS3
>>
>>335083316
Chaos flame weakens over time. This is confirmed in Dark Souls 3 when it is explicitly stated as being pretty much gone at this point.
Ivory King's chaos was probably a thousand times weaker than Chaos at the beginning of its creation.
>>
>>335082884
This, you can see it in how Nameless King fights. A lot of the same moveset that Ornstein has. But since Nameless King tought the knights, I think it's safe to assume Ornstein was his first or favorite student or something
>>
>>335083446
It's gone in Dark Souls 3 because Yhorm put it out
>>
>>335084023
There is absolutely no connection between Yhorm and chaos.
You may be thinking of the Profaned Flame which is confirmed to be something different.
>>
>>335072738
The story about them is the fact that Meme Souls has no actual story.
>>
Does anyone want to start a Four Knights fight club to surprise invaders with?
I can be Ciaran.
>>
>>335084102
>is confirmed to be something different
Sauce on this?
>>
>>335084957
Profaned Flame is stating as having come from the sky, and only burns human flesh.
Chaos flame came from the Witch of Izalith trying to create a new first flame on the ground, and burns whatever is in its path.
Also, ground zero for Chaos Flame is Lost Izalith, which is now Smoldering Lake.
Ground zero for Profaned Flame is the Profaned Capital.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.