[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bawl of Duty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1453391064980.jpg (343 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1453391064980.jpg
343 KB, 1280x1920
Ok so is anyone else weirded out by the complete lack of information on call of duty ?

I mean, is IW just embarrassed to show Ghosts 2 because Ghosts was so hated?

Are they banking on a big E3 reveal?

What do you guys think?

Also, while you're here, since you specifically clicked on this thread, I'll share some other thoughts about this series of games I have enjoyed quite a bit over the last decade or so.

Tharja for interest.

So:
>>
I played COD 2 for the first time back in '05. Bretty gud, historically enjoyable, etc.

I didn't play finest hour or 3 until much more recently, but even so I thought Treyarch was setting itself up with more relatable stories and characters in 3. To this day I have preferred Trey stories because they make you care about the people more.
>>
>>335069864
Obv when COD 4 came out in 07 everyone thought it was the shit.

I also like WAW quite a bit- again, I thought Trey was doing a much better job of allowing you to "live" the character. I like playing the first level of WAW to this day.
>>
They're doing bi-yearly CoD games from now on
>>
>>335069786
What's the name of that slut again?
>>
>>335069786
Advanced Warfare was fun. Don't even give a shit anymore about the copy-paste template style, I grew out of being an edgy ani-capitalist teenager. AW was fun.

Was BO3 good or a piece of shit?
>>
>>335070116
MW2 was such a payoff, more of everything everyone liked about 4, plus the intervention. A very satisfying cliffhanger ending and one of the best COD storylines of all time in my opinion
>>
>>335070383
narcissa wright
>>
>>335070192
it's confirmed for this year, so you're wrong

>>335070410
Mixed, I'll get there.
>>
Activision isn't going to be at E3 this year
>>
>>335070486
Black Ops was a huge step forward. BO still stands as the very best COD story of all. Loved the feel and weaponry and I really started to get into MP in 2010
>>
>>335070410
It's AW with more parkour, really fun.
It also helps that Treyarch seems to be making good with mod tools
>>
>>335070604
But at the sony booth?
>>
>>335070658
MW3... everyone knows the fiasco that happened there. The story ending was... ok. The MP was literally an xpack to MW2- very weak showing from IW.
>>
>>335070830
BO2 may well be the best overall game for me. Excellent snipers in MP, fun maps, and a lot of innovation with the story. Very satisfying ending if you can pull it off.

I don't understand why they never again experimented with strike force, or changing storylines/ optional missions after this.
>>
>>335071009
Ghosts? I liked it. I don't know why it was so hated. It's then tenth call of duty in a row, what did they expect. Decent story and MP. No complaints from me.
>>
>>335071118
AW was a good effort by Sledge. Decent for their first game. OK story, fun MP. I loved the railgun.
>>
File: Spidernetta_0a6004_5827867.png (122 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Spidernetta_0a6004_5827867.png
122 KB, 680x680
>>335071118
so that brings us to BO3...

So much hype- so much letdown.

I haven't been this excited for COD since BO2.

I loved the story, until the end. Ruins everything and makes it all meaningless. No payoff for all of the time I invested in 1 and 2. Such a waste of so many good plotlines, characters and technology. they might as well have just said "it was all a dream" and you wake up in bed. Laziest possible conclusion to such a big buildup. Heartbreaking.

I like the MP, but I am absolutely furious about the Black Market. $100 for this fucking game and I still don't get the DLC weapons? Unconscionable. Indefensible. All my expectations were raised so high only to be crushed by Activision's endless greed.
>>
So now what?

Ghosts 2 that nobody wants?

A new name?

Mw4?
>>
>>335071619
horrendous taste, OP. bo3 is the smoothest MP in years (not that that means much). 60 fps on consoles is a big deal and the movement with whatever engine they're using is actually playable unlike AW/ghosts.
>>
>>335072013
I didn't say the MP was bad. Just that Black Market is the most obvious cash grab I've ever seen.
>>
>>335071918
What would they even do with MW4?
>>
>>335070830
The biggest issue with MW3 MP was the maps were shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.