[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch or Battleborn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Willem_Dafoe_2014_(cropped).jpg (179 KB, 874x1198) Image search: [Google]
Willem_Dafoe_2014_(cropped).jpg
179 KB, 874x1198
Well /V/, which one of these should I buy?
Which one do you think is better and why?

I played the battleborn beta and liked it a lot, but I only played a couple of story missions, since I joined the last day.

I didn't play overwatch but it looks ok
People say it's better than battleborn, but I'm doubting.

Couldn't save a related pic due to shitty laptop, have a pic of Willem Dafoe instead
>>
Neither, honestly.
>>
>>335063789
>He will never play as the joker in any live action movie
>>
>>335063789
Just do what every reasonable person is doing and wait 'til the Overwatch open beta in May to give that a try and decide then.
>>
Welp, I didn't play battleborn but I got in the 2 day test from last weekend. I highly doubted overwatch would really be any fun, but I had a lot of fun playing it.

Basically it's good enough that I went from doubting I would bother with it at all to wanting to buy it within a couple hours.

If you're still on the fence after playing battleborn, overwatch is probably better.
>>
People who say one is better than the other haven't played both games, because they're completely different and can hardly be directly compared.
>>
They're both completely different.

Want a fast paced TF2 style game with more interesting character skills? Overwatch.

Ever play Monday Night Combat? Want a game with a bit more depth and stuff going on in multiplayer and a Destiny Strike styled PvE mode? Battleborn

I like both and I'll be buying both, but personally I like Battleborn more because a PvP match has so much more shit going on in comparison. You can have two teams of the same characters in Battleborn and by the end of it they'll all have some differences between each others playstyles due to the 3 skill tree choices.
>>
>>335063789
Im getting battleborn personally. It is just a deeper game than overwatch which is only a very simple shooter at its core. Battleborn just feels like a better amount of content for the price I'm paying even though its more expensive.
It really comes down to personal preference OP. Do you like shooters or do you like MOBAs better? If you are still unsure maybe you might want to wait until the Overwatch open beta in may to decide which to buy.
>>
Battleborn worth 60 bucks? Also does the game have a season pass?
>>
>>335066838
Yeah but it's all story missions and skins.
>>
>>335067130
Hmmm its 20 bucks....eh ill guess ill bite.
>>
File: 1324182686344.png (638 KB, 483x609) Image search: [Google]
1324182686344.png
638 KB, 483x609
>>335065056
People who say they can't be directly compared haven't realized they're both class-based shooters with quirky cartoony characters asking a AAA price point coming out in the same release cycle.

Only one of them has creeps in the middle of the fight so I guess they're totally incomparable.
>>
>>335068401
If you wanna ignore TTK, game modes, movement, aiming, weapons, handling, and absolutely everything that makes an FPS what it is being different, then yeah go right ahead and compare them. Hell, let's also ignore the fact that Battleborn has gear drops, a minor economy system in matches, and building, too.

The similarities end at a glance.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.