[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this one of the best boss fights in Souls history? >great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Is this one of the best boss fights in Souls history?
>great music and tone
>unique gimmick with allied parts of the boss
>fast paced
>balanced against melee and magic
>classic "large swordsman" template that is always great
>>
>>335057946
Yes.
>>
It's great, he can get downright nasty in the second part.
>>
>>335057946
I forgot to mention:
>has multiple targets so it's summoning isn't automatically OP

I do think it's a little too easy though. I'm just using a barely upgraded longsword and I do a lot of damage.
>>
It was bretty good. Definitely beats all DS1 bosses out of the water except Artorias
>>
>>335057946
Can they be called "allied" if they will aggro you for being too close before they aggro the others?
>>
I liked that he was somewhat normal and wasn't some huge, corrupted mess. Also the swordfighting in the intro was very cool.
>>
>>335058437
Probably not, but I figure y'all would know what I mean and it would be too many words to explain it precisely.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>335057946
no.
>>
>classic "large swordsman" template that is always great
It's really not though. Just more Berserk pandering.

Gehrman was the best.
>>
>>335058841
I meant great in terms of how it plays out. I think the combat is at its best when you're facing a large humanoid with a sword.
>>
File: Twin_Princes.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Twin_Princes.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
This is the best fight in DaS3.
I felt like absolute shit for killing the weak one as he was trying to save his bro.
>>
>played ds1 had fun
>ds2 comes out, wait to buy it because know better
>ds2 turns out to be kind of shit with it's hitboxes and crap
>ds3 comes out, wait to buy it because know better
>ds2 turns out to be kind of gud
>start thinking about buying it
>60€
>well that's expensive but maybe worth it... wait what is this
>season pass
>25€
>for 2 dlc
>nope

da fuq they went full jew or what?
>>
>>335058841
>Gehrman was the best humanoid boss in the series
No.
>>
>>335058841

Not really.
>>
>>335061257
>>335061461
ebin arguments
>>
>can't invade that boss fight
You had one fucking job, From.
>>
>>335058841
>muh Berserk
Seeing things that aren't there bro
>>
>>335057946
>people keep saying it's a good fight
>finally get to the boss
>it's main dude with his drone and a mad watcher spawning every few seconds
>this fucking sucks
>main watcher respawns and goes all Lady Maria over me
Ahh, I see now
>>
File: FQeILLd.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FQeILLd.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>335059153
>implying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Eqr5vkmJo
>>
>>335061752
Gehrman was very easy in both phases, but he had decent music and atmosphere

Soul of cinder is a better final boss.

Lothric/Lorian, Burnt Ivory King, artorias, nameless king, champion gundyr, maria, dancer, pontiff sulayvahn and orphan are all much better fights.
>>
>>335062243
Why not post a video where you are host?
This wouldn't happen if it were
>>
>>335062278
>easy
Who cares if the fight is fun
What kind of metric for quality is the difficulty?
>>
>>335057946

lolno

This boss is just a half-assed clone that can't decide whether he should be Maria or Artorias.

People who didn't play bloodborne are so obvious and have such low standards.
>>
>>335061936

They literally had the fucking OBLIGATION of adding a boss that does this since dark souls 3 doesn't have an identity of its own but rather just copycats everything from the others.

It still baffles me that we never actually got anything like the Old Monk aside from that pathetic excuse of an attempt from dark souls 2.
>>
>>335062667
>half assed artorias
Catch up on your lore.

>bloodborne
Instantly heal + fast paced from the get go
>>
I don't know if anyone has experienced this with Pontiff Sulayvahn, but as I was fighting him today it glitch and he basically just stood there and I wailed on him till he died. Off to the left side of the room, facing from where you enter the fight, there's like a pillar thing against the wall that I usually put between us so I could get a chug in. When he summoned the clone, I did the thing and started drinking the estus. The shadow then did the move where he jumps up and dives at you, and he ended up going through the pillar, and he was actually stuck in the floor. He could still attack me though so I ran away from it, but I noticed Pontiff Sulayvahn wasn't attacking me anymore, probably because in this phase he only attacks after the clone doess, and it was stuck in floor. So I just beat him to death, though he was already pretty low so I don't know how long it would have worked for.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.