[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ loves the fuck out of this and anticipates it for years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: all other games btfo.jpg (159 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
all other games btfo.jpg
159 KB, 800x564
>suddenly game is featured on conan/colbert report and becomes popular and loved by reddit/neogaf/9gag etc.
>suddenly /v/ hates the FUCK out of it

like clockwork
>>
>>335057921
Not this /v/ nigga.
>>
File: header[1].jpg (5 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
5 KB, 460x215
Sorry, wrong picture. Anyone thinking there was any love for a game whose gameplay have been questioned since day one would be an idiot.
>>
>>335058106
/v/ never hated undertale though it's still our favorite game since 2001-2002
>>
>>335058020

You new? /v/ anticipated this ever since it was announced back in 2010 or something
>>
>>335058329
What the fuck man. You had a couple of retards going all YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING, but most people seem to think that it's going to be a borefest due to it being completely fucking procedurally generated.
>>
>>335058329
Marketer pls you're not fooling anyone. 2010? Really?
>>
>>335058768
minecraft is procedurally generated and it's probably /v/'s first or second most favorite game of all time
>>
>>335059047
And we learned from how shit it is after a couple hours playing and now everyone hates it, which is why people are skeptical about it. Since they started showing gameplay people started asking what there is to do in it besides looking at scenary and for what purpose.
>>
>>335057921
/v/ already hated it
>>
>>335057921
just like how borderlands has gazillions of guns
>>
>>335061008
you do know this game has literally billions of planets right?
>>
>>335061091
and it will probably getting boring after seeing 50 of them.
>>
>>335061247
oh shit you played it then???
>>
File: 1460287871213.jpg (33 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1460287871213.jpg
33 KB, 600x476
>>335057921
And it will be boring as fuck.
>>
>>335061091
And what are you supposed to do in them? Besides exploring aimlessly for no reason.
>>
File: 1448322648265.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448322648265.gif
205 KB, 500x500
I hate this board.
>>
>>335057921
>small group of people interested enough in a type of game to know about all upcoming releases in genre
>game suddenly receives media attention
>people who don't like those kinds of games know it exists now

Gee I wonder what happened.
>>
>>335057921
/v/ always hated this Molyneux-looking snoozefest. Nice try, marketer.
>>
>>335061290
>probably

Learn to read. Also Minecraft has near infinite possibilities, but that doesn't mean everything doesn't feel boring and samey after a while.
>>
>>335057921
>>/v/ loves the fuck out of this and anticipates it for years

LMAO
>>
>>335061357
it's about the journey not the destination///
>>
>>335061501

this and this >>335058020
>>
>>335061757
Are you just baiting or straight up shilling?
>>
>>335061757
or a could download Daggerfall for free and walk from town to town in a giant field for literal weeks on end. It's all about the journey, man.
>>
>>335061008
>and now everyone hates i
I never got that.
Why is 4chan like this? Be it an old meme, game or movie.

Yeah Minecraft got boring and no one wants to be associated with the fanbase but back then with multi player servers and shit everyone was having a really great time - so why hate it now? It served its purpose. When seeing minecraft /v/ gets a foaming mouth instead of just saying: good times but I'm not interested anymore.

Same goes for old memes. Suddenly everything is "cringe". Sad frog used to be on the 1st page of every fucking board at least once so why all the hate now?

It is such an unnatural reaction, really.
>>
>>335061849
not him but he's right it's about exploring all the wonders of the universe and the galaxies in this game
>>
>>335061939
Probably overexposure after everyone here was already sick of it.

People hate frogs because Tumblr warped it into something unrecognisable.
>>
>>335061939

pls redirect to

>>335061501
>>
>>335062018
Yeah but is there anything to actually do on these planets?
>>
>>335061939
4chan is a river
the river is always there
but it isn't the same water
>>
>>335057921
That was back when /v/ thought it was a Sony exclusive. When the PC version was announced sonyggers were free to stop pretending it didn't look like dog shit.
>>
>>335057921

You see faggot, I never wanted this game, and realized how overhyped it was going to get as soon as I saw the first trailer.

I've been warning my friends who don't have as good foresight as I do.

>Friend: "Have you seen No Man's Sky? It looks amazing!"
>Me: "Yeah, I don't plan on buying it"
>Friend: "What, are you kidding? You can do anything you want in that game! It looks perfect!"
>Me: "So, do you remember when you said something along those lines about Destiny?"
>Friend: "Yeah, but Destiny sucked."
>Me: "And you remember when you were just as excited for The Elder Scrolls Online?"
>Friend: "Well that was just overhyped"
>Me: "And you remember when you were doing both before the launch of Spore?"
>Friend: "Yeah..."
>Me: "All three times, what did I say to you?"
>Friend: "You told me you weren't buying it because you thought it was going to suck."
>Me: "And how many times was I wrong about this?"
>Friend: "None... But this time..."
>Me: "No. This is the same shit. Maybe worse. What do you actually do in No Man's Sky? Nothing. There's literally nothing to do but fly a bunch and walk around. It's the same shit as that ocean simulator on Wii where you swim around and that's it.
>Friend: "..."
>Me: "Tell me, have you seen them actually do anything in any of the trailers for this game"
>Friend: "Actually, no I haven't"
>Me: "What's making you think the actual game is going to be any different?"

I've had this conversation at least 3 times, and all three times successfully convinced someone to not waste their money on this scam. If you want to explore shit, do it in GTA where there's shit to do, or fuck just go outside and take a walk.
>>
>>335061939
It's more like good times but the creator ripped everyone off and people got really mad for paying for a game that never got delivered. No one denies we had fun I think

Memes are a different case because memes are jokes that eventually get old and stop being funny, so when you see people repeating them left and right way after its prime it does gets kind of degrading.

>>335062018
So there's nothing to do besides looking at cool planets, as I said. Cool, got it.
>>
It has always been a boring piece of shit with nothing to do.
>>
File: 84320492394-2.png (123 KB, 349x274) Image search: [Google]
84320492394-2.png
123 KB, 349x274
It looked interesting, but the devs are being way too secretive. They won't even answer basic questions and are expectng their game to be perfect and without any flaws whatsoever. It's a dangerous gamble and, for 60 bucks, it's not one I want to take.

If I could buy this on steam and then refund it if it was bad, then I might consider at least trying it.
>>
File: 1460396655678.jpg (230 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1460396655678.jpg
230 KB, 736x736
Even if you can't do anything but observe the planets, I think it'll be a fun little game to relax with. I'll have to wait and see though, maybe I'll be happily surprised.
>>
>>335057921
No that's not what happened you retard.
>>
>>335057921
>game not out
>people already "love" it
Yeah alright kiddies
>>
I'm still hype for it. I just think it's being marketed in a really, really stupid way.
>>
>>335062496
>There's literally nothing to do but fly a bunch and walk around.
There's literally more to do than that. I have a near zero interest in the game, I wouldn't even think about it if /v/ didn't constantly talk about it, and even I know there's more to do than "fly a bunch and walk around". Stop lying to your "friend".
>>
>>335062496
well, /v/ threads at least convinced me not to preorder, so thanks guys
I'll check it out at release, videos and maybe torrent it and then decide
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.