[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Resident Evil thread? How is Resident Evil 0?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
File: resident-evil-6-20865-1920x1080.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6-20865-1920x1080.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
Can we have a Resident Evil thread?

How is Resident Evil 0? Its one of the few I've never played. Better or worse than REmake/REmaster?

Also,
>tfw you thought RE6 was better than RE4 and 5 in every way but everyone shits on you for saying that
>>
I agree with you but then again I never thought much of the series before 4 anyway.
>>
lol its a dude sucking off a girrafe
>>
Resident Evil 0 sucks.
Shit enemies, nonsensical story, a real clusterfuck of shit.
It's only remembered so fondly because of the waifuists.
>>
Personaly welcomed the change in gameplay from 5->6. They just needed to make the control's more fluid. Didn't like the invetory/menu system. Felt bloated.
>>
RE6 is all about the Ass.
>>
File: 146227685.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
146227685.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>tfw you appreciate the older REs on a theoretical level but actually playing them is incredibly annoying

I suspect RE2make isn't going to change that. I did have a blast with 4 though.
>>
I enjoyed resident evil 0 and I'm playing through the hd remake right now but it's not as good as the original/REmake. Still good if you want that classic RE feel and don't mind some shitty inventory management.
>>
>>335060754
This is true.
>>
Who is getting Umbrella Corps?
>>
>>335063632
Nobody hopefully.
>>
File: 1449167867988.jpg (70 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449167867988.jpg
70 KB, 800x800
>>335060795
Sadly this. They hold a special place in my heart forever but basiccly unlpayable for me now. But so is 5 and 6. 4 was meh. Didn't feel like Resident Evil. If a miracle doesen't happen then the series is dead for me. Atleast I have my memories.
>>
>>335057058
>How is Resident Evil 0?
Worst mainline game in the series.
>>
>>335063975
>Nobody hopefully.

Shut up, faggot.
>>
0 is the worst mainline game. 6 might be more of a mess, but atleast it was a stupid entertaining mess. 0 is just a pure frustrating, mundane slog.
>>
>>
Has any other game ever had anything like the crossover mechanic from RE6? Kinda sucks, I played it through with a friend a year or two after it released and we just got AIs to play with. Seems like we missed out on a chance for a bit of bantz
>>
I've just started replaying RE6 on PS4.

It's a much better game than it's reputation.
>>
>>335065313
This, 6 ain't so bad. It's way better than 5, in any case.
>>
>>335065016

>0 is literally the same game as REmake just a different story to go with it, albeit not QUITE as good
>actually has a few improvements like dropping items anywhere
>still gets shit on while normies praise RE6
>>
>>335059816

>waifuists
>RE 0

That shit didn't even come about until around RE5 you stupid motherfucker. It cemented itself with RE6.
>>
File: 1430885829889_by_fallenparty.png (414 KB, 1680x987) Image search: [Google]
1430885829889_by_fallenparty.png
414 KB, 1680x987
>>335060754
>>335062259

I hope 7 all about the Ass too because of the possibility of Rebecca.
>>
>>335063632
>Cool looking ideas with climbing and shit
>In a PvP CoD twitch shooter with NPCs to extra fuck the peer 2 peer desync lagfest cluster fuck

Thank you for canceling Megaman Legends 3 and instead squeezing out amazing games like Umbrella Corps.
>>
>>335063632
The landfill after no one buys it
>>
>>335065904
Bullshit you fucking queer.
Waifuists have been around forever.
Get off the internet you fucking 5 year old.
>>
>>335057058
It's def worse than REmake but its not bad game but the partner and item dropping system gets really annoying after a while and is its man flaw.
>>
>>335065721

>actually has a few improvements like dropping items anywhere

That's barely an improvement considering that they took away item boxes so you just drop all your items on the floor in a hub area anyways. Not to mention the glut of two slot keys like the hookshot to share between your six inventory slot characters
>>
>>335065313

How is it on PS4?
Honestly, I'd only buy it if I could use my PS3 save, spent hours grinding for unlimited ammo.
>>
>>335065904
Are you kidding? People have been waifuing the RE girls since the PSX era.
>>
>>335064592
I'm afraid that honor goes to 6.
>>
>>335065721
Dropping items everywhere was retarded because there was no storage anymore. You either just piled them up in a room somewhere, or had your shit scattered around.
>>
>>335063632

I really want RE to die already.

>Capcom is king of survival horror
>resident evil movie gets made
>after the first one they continually get shittier and shittier
>we somehow get like five or six of them
>Capcom is now emulating the movies because hey that's what the kids like these days
>gaming is so mainstream now that garbage like RE6 is praised just because you can play co-op in it
>spin-off games would be neat if they weren't produced so poorly (Slant Six, is that a joke?).
>>
>>335057058
>How is Resident Evil 0?

It's... peculiar. The story is nonsensical even for RE standards, the gameplay is a step back from REmake, and they even managed to make inventory management more of an issue.

It's meh. Nice to play if you want to play a old fashioned RE game, but you won't be missing much if you don't play it.

RE6 is shit I don't even know why people are defending it. The fanservice is a-ok though
>>
>>335066526
How? 6 is a direct improvement over 5 in every way

>Longer
>Better map variety
>Multiple campaigns
>Great enemy variety.
>Better boss fights
>Best mercenaries mode in the series
>Fun as fuck multiplayer
>>
>>335066618
>continually get shittier

But thats wrong.

2 was much better than 1, and 3 was better than 1 but worse than 2. Then there were some shit spinoffs, then Code Veronica came out and was probably one of the top 5 games ever made.
>>
Resident Evil Revelations 2 is the best Resident Evil
>>
>>335065721
>putting 0 on the same level as REmake
I'm actually fucking disgusted right now.
>>
>>335066148
>>335066546

I'm not saying there hasn't been R34 before 5/6 or anything I'm just saying it correlates directly to the games that are most marketed to the mainstream demographic.

The percentage of threads that were purely waifufag shit on here vs. RE discussion was extremely high.

The only time you get real discussion on this board about RE is when it's about the older games and not high traffic hours for the site. Otherwise you just get this same garbage thread about how great RE6 specifically is.
>>
File: 1438727588169.jpg (15 KB, 295x325) Image search: [Google]
1438727588169.jpg
15 KB, 295x325
>>335066727
>>Better map variety
>>Multiple campaigns
>>Great enemy variety.
>>Better boss fights
>>Best mercenaries mode in the series
>>Fun as fuck multiplayer
Besides being none of those things and Resident Evil in name only, you should kill yourself
>>
>>335066950
Boring
Predictable
Isolated
>>
>>335067085
>The only time you get real discussion on this board about RE is when it's about the older games and not high traffic hours for the site.
Yeah and it's always shit.
Fucking RE2 cancer shitting all over the original and RE3 but hold 2 in high regard because it was the game that introduced them to the series.
Nostalgia faggots are dumb.
>>
I was just playing Biohazard 0, it has been pretty fun so far. Haven't really finished a game either, I'd either drop it halfway or in the first few hours.

>tfw Ami-chan voicing Rebecca

Literally Muh dick.
>>
File: Rebecca Idle Animation.webm (3 MB, 540x676) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca Idle Animation.webm
3 MB, 540x676
Why is Rebecca the biggest slut in RE?
>>
>>335063632
I probably will. I played it at NYCC and it was pretty fun.
>>
>>335066292
1080p Locked 60fps Same as PC Ultra Settings. All DLC included, even the extra shit from RE.Net which you had to fuck about forever to get.
>>
>>335066618
they evolved the series into action horror because survival horror was a stale as fuck and dying quickly, due to technological improvements

the movies are also fun B-movie tier trash, which is exactly what the resident evil IP is. a bunch of marines going into a booby-trapped mansion only to find a secret base underground overrun with mutant frogs, plants, and sharks, then using a rocket launcher to blow up the final mutant, save the girl and escape via helicopter.

honestly, people like you have romanticized the IP into something it never was. just shut up and enjoy the games, because they're damn good games..and if you cant enjoy it for what it is, go and play the 1000 resi 1 clones that are around, because that style of game is never coming back

>>335066825
the movies man. hes talking about the movies..
>>
Never played a Resident Evil game. Don't have time to play the wholes series. Recommend me 1 from the series.
>>
>>335066618
Resident Evil hasn't been survival horror since 2004.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>335066825
>then Code Veronica came out and was probably one of the top 5 games ever made.
But Code Veronica was worse than all the games that came before it. That game is chinese knock-off tier.
>>
>>335066618
They weren't emulating the movies.
It's because REmake was Gamecube-exclusive and sold like arse despite being a cult classic and fan favorite on the system, while Resident Evil 4 was quickly able to be plucked from its exclusivity and plopped on the PC and PS2 halfassedly. And it still was a major success that painted the future for the series.

REmake 2 is only happening because finally bringing REmake to all audiences on multiple systems besides GC/Wii made it extraordinarily popular again. And if that goes real well, you can expect a series division between survival horror and action horror. I mean it was already sort of there with Revelations, but even more so than that in theory.
>>
>>335057058
I wouldn't call RE6 better than RE4 but it was definitely better than RE5. RE5 tried to incorporate horror into a co-op action game, while RE6 dropped the pretense of horror in favor of action and as a result worked a lot better as a co-op game.

RE4 is literally what I consider the perfect resident evil game. Perfect pacing, perfect atmosphere, perfect enemies and enemy behavior, perfect weaponry, and even ashley was surprisingly not as much of a hindrance as I thought she'd be. It was the moment where Capcom realized that Resident Evil didn't do horror as well as other franchises did and shifted the focus JUST enough to action that it retained enough tension to make the action extremely satisfying. That, and you are alone for most of it. That definitely kept things intense when they needed to be.

I don't think they'll ever hit that note again, but I hope they don't go back to the classic RE style for anything but remakes.
>>
File: comp1.jpg (570 KB, 3840x1080) Image search: [Google]
comp1.jpg
570 KB, 3840x1080
>>
>>335068749
Reminder that In RE7, Ashley Graham will be President of the United States. And still chasing Leons dick.
>>
>>335068256
REmake
>>
>>335068684
wait is revelations actually good?
>>
>>335069064
I hear mixed things, but supposedly Revelations 1 is alright, and Revelations 2 is just sort of.. there. Go look them up, see if they interest you.
>>
>>335057058
The originals were shit to me because of the shit controls that were shit in 1998 and would've been shit in 1988. 4 is the best one, 5 was a perfect co op game. 6 improved the controls somewhat but it was uninteresting and I couldn't even force myself to finish chris' campaign.
>>
>>335069064
Both are great.
>>
>>335069064
They are like the original Resident Evil gameplay, with the mechanics of RE4. The best from both worlds.
>>
0 is a thousand times better than Code: Shitronica, but it's still nowhere near 1-2-3. The partner system has potential but there's barely any puzzles/situations where you're better off going separate ways rather than being together. The whole drop items wherever was a pain because you'd end up dropping them all in the main hall, making it all pointless. The train is hype, but the mansion isn't anything special, unfortunately. Lengthwise it's the same as usual, it's great. It's amazing graphically and technically for the Cube, but I think the music is mostly forgettable.

It's good, but nothing spectacular.
>>
File: Resident Evil4k.jpg (3 MB, 5000x4694) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil4k.jpg
3 MB, 5000x4694
>>
>>335069064

I thought Rev 1 felt like a half-baked compromise between old and new. The shooting felt limp and there's not really much exploration, resource management or puzzles. The game takes you out of the atmosphere constantly by making you bounce back and forth between slower ship levels and action levels.
I guess its a pretty cool 3DS tech demo?
>>
>>335069064
I've only played 1 and it's a piece of shit. Everyone lauded it because it went back to the series roots, and that's complete bullshit. Gameplay-wise, it's a poor man's Resident Evil 5 without co-op and a terrible setting (the cruise is only a thrid of the game, the rest happens in other parts of the world with other characters). No puzzles, no exploring (some rooms in the beginning, that's it, the rest of the cruise is mostly linear). The characters and plot are ABYSMAL, the worst the series has seen and the most pretentious of them all (meaningless references to Dante everywhere).

It's shit, don't play it.
>>
>>335069983
>>335069808
this was my opinion after playing the demo on xbox, but everyone here praises it so i asked just to check and see if i missed something

>>335069362
so none of the level design or setpieces from 4, and none of the horror from the originals camera/controls. sounds stupid
>>
Post moar ass.
>>
>>335068749
atleast 5 was consistent and well polished. it might not have done horror that well, but it didnt really compromise anything else in failing at it. 6 was a mess. a constant stream of high and low moments and elements that were a constant annoyance.

>>335069064
Rev1 is very meh. its heart is in the right place at times with good atmosphere when it tries and slower gameplay, but it slips up with horrible pacing that keeps switching between shitty action sequences and the more slower paced moments. enemies (barring one or two) are boring, the story and characters are shit even for RE standards.

it tries to recapture the older games, but fails. Rev2 fairs a lot better though in almost all ways. its atmosphere isnt as good as Rev1 at its best, but every other aspect is improved. IMO (and while its not saying much) Rev2 was the best RE anything we got since 4.
>>
I never understood all that praise for RE4. Replayed it a couple of months ago and still don't like. The first disc I bought for PS1 was RE1 but I never really was a fan of old zombie REs. But. People say RE4 is one of the best third person shooters in history. How is it true when there are games like max payne or mdk? And they were out even before RE4. They don't have clunky half tank controls. Also myself I always thought that the atmosphere goes to shit after the village. Not to mention kurayzee japanese b-tier writing. Napoleon midget? Really? Just not my game.
>>
>>335073412
the praise is in its pacing and encounter diversity. its a 20hour game that mixes up what and how your fighting constantly. you cant go 20minutes in that game without something unique being thrown in to the mix. its extremely rare for an action game to pull it off like that let alone at its length.
>>
File: jill_3dperfect.jpg (460 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jill_3dperfect.jpg
460 KB, 1280x720
>>335057058
0 is worse than REmake for SURE because REmake is the best one in the series, but it's enjoyable if you like the original style of play. And Rebecca is of course cute, just like every RE gril.

I actually agree with you on RE6, I love the way it plays.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.