[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This boss is poorly designed. Let's see you fromdrones defend it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26
File: nameless king.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nameless king.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
This boss is poorly designed. Let's see you fromdrones defend it.
>>
>>335056731
its good
>>
Let's see you git gud.
>>
>>335056731
git gud scrub lol
>>
>>335056731
GIT GUD
>>
>muh camera!!!!
guess what retard, you're not supposed to stand under him.
>>
>>335056731
Only thing bad is the camera in part 1, everything else is perfect.
>>
>>335056787
No, it's not.

I love repeating a shitty, boring dragon fight with TERRIBLE camera controls after he one-two shots me once I make it to fighting him by himself.

I love shields being even more useless than usual since all his hits do lightning damage.

I love my faith build being worthless because sunlight blade and my lightning infused weapon deal no damage to him.

And most of all, I love his stupid swings hitting you regardless of his position. Let's not forget he emits shock waves if you do happen to be out of range lmao
>>
>>335056731
How about you give some points to address, dear anon?
>>
File: meme.jpg (102 KB, 726x753) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
102 KB, 726x753
>>
>>335057069
Use the lightning shield that dragon armour dropped.
>>
Best boss by far. He hits like a truck, has a variety of attacks and a shit ton of health. One of the two only bosses in the game i consider legitimately challenging.

First phase is kinda shit and too easy though.
>>
>>335057069
Don't rely on shields, then. They were never as efficient as properly timed rolls, anyway. You should go about acquiring a different weapon, if he is resistant to the one you're currently using, if only temporally for this fight, I'm sure you can manage, anon
>>
>>335057160
meme
>>
git gud
>>
>>335056731
An armor guy with a big weapon.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING
>>
>>335057348
I'm using dark weapon instead of sunlight on a raw +10 weapon(since I'm pure faith build), but every time the dragon is near death, it flails around, wasting my buff. I don't think I could get a buff off once fighting him, so it is proving to be difficult.
>>
The boss is poorly designed not because it's hard, but because it's far too easy to kill him. He staggers in 6 hits and dies in a couple of front crits.
>>
>>335057069
>I love shields being even more useless than usual since all his hits do lightning damage.

LIGHTNING RESISTANCE

This was the only boss fight I actually used a shield
>>
poorly designed cause it's easy? yeah, I guess
>>
>>335057524
post yfw you realize all the best bosses have been exactly that.
>>
File: bambam[1].jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bambam[1].jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>hit dragon head with my club while he's breathing fire or after nameless wiffs an attack
>take off 1/5th of his health at once
>hit two more times
>staggered
>reposte
>dead in 30 seconds

feels good man. This is the one fight with big two handed strength weapons really shine

too bad that if you stagger Nameless King and reposte him, for some reason the repost only does as much damage as a normal attack
>>
>>335056731
I can't think of one thing that is poorly designed about him, apart from the camera in the first mode.

The 1 v 1 is an amazing fight. Probably the most joyful PvE in the game.
>>
>>335057069
This is the most "I need to git gud" post I've ever seen
>>
File: namelesskingandson.jpg (178 KB, 914x654) Image search: [Google]
namelesskingandson.jpg
178 KB, 914x654
6 tries for me.
If your camera gets fucked in phase 1 then just homeward bone so you keep your Ember buff.
The best tip is to either use the Great Tree Shield if you're not confident in your dodges [it effectively tanks the wind he shoots], or if you are feeling confident then unequip the shield.

Play it patient and see if he's gonna do a 2 or 3 hit combo, and when you know for sure, punish with a good couple of whacks of your own.
This should put him in a vulnerable state in which you can do a gut stab [visceral] for at least 1000 damage.
Then as he is standing up you can get another 3 or so hits in while he's charging whatever attack.

Much like Artorias, this was way easier than you guys made it sound.
Lorian put up more of a fight than this guy.
>>
>>335056731
>it's a -the actual boss is the camera- episode

first part is retarded, just as the twin prince fight but the second half was pretty gud although you can easily cheese it with a shield and high lighting res.
>>
>>335056731
Every big-guy-with-a-big-stick Souls boss is the same. Roll through their attacks, hit them twice in the downtime when their combo ends, repeat. In some cases, just circling them counterclockwise is enough to evade most of their attacks.
The only people complaining that bosses are "too hard" are people new to this kind of action games, who don't understand rolling and iFrames.
>>
First phase is because the camera shits itself everywhere but first phase is easy as fuck so it's not too bad.
>>
>>335058258
most complaints are about the phase that isn't the "dude with a weapon", when the boss is a giant dragon
>>
The first phase is. The second phase is great.

I wish you didnt have to kill the dragon every time, it's not hard and just wastes time.
>>
So is this dude gwyn's first son? My friend told me that worth confidence, but that seems off
>>
File: 004.jpg (6 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
6 KB, 300x199
>>335057638
They all have the same predictable moveset on top of their bland designs. But hey no one would admit that because buyer's remorse.
>>
>>335058374
Well, I can agree with that. The camera is fucking worthless in this phase so you have to anticipate the King's attacks based on the sound, and in some cases just the timing. His fire attack also seems unavoidable at certain times.
I definitely had more trouble with the first phase than with the second.
>>
>>335056731

it took me literally 50+ tries
>>
File: chad-gable-suplex.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
chad-gable-suplex.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>Make a Darkmoon trap
>Hard as a fucking rock while playing

GOTY
>>
Another nana disappeared.
>>
>>335058691
Pix
>>
>>335057160
Run free, undead!
>>
>>335058536
his soul clearly says that he is a former "god of war", and in Dark Souls 1 gwyn's lost son was said to be a former "god of war".

Ornsteins armor also mentions that he went off searching for Nameless king, and it says that his spear was modeled after nameless king
>>
>>335058457
it takes 30 seconds though
>>
>>335058968
Yeah. Like I said, it's not hard but it's annoying to have to do every time. Plus, depending on what attacks he does, it can take 3 times as long. They should have just made them separate fights.
>>
I disagree.
>>
>>335058968
That's kind of luck based. If he decides to do his fire breath or the weapon sweeps, yeah it's fast, but if he just keeps doing the "fly around in a circle" or "fly up and breath fire" moves over and over, it can take a really long time
>>
>>335057069
>I love repeating a shitty, boring dragon fight with TERRIBLE camera controls after he one-two shots me once I make it to fighting him by himself.

Don't die then

>I love shields being even more useless than usual since all his hits do lightning damage.

Learn to adapt faggot, shields in DS3 are meant to catch an attack if you don't have time to react

>I love my faith build being worthless because sunlight blade and my lightning infused weapon deal no damage to him.

Choose a different weapont, there's a reason the game gives you more materials than just enough for 1 weapon

>And most of all, I love his stupid swings hitting you regardless of his position. Let's not forget he emits shock waves if you do happen to be out of range lmao

Acquire proficiency, his attacks are easy as hell to read
>>
All the boss's are easy in this game. It's been mainstreamed and casualized.
Good thing it's the last game. Would only get worse from here on out
>>
>>335059416
>shields in DS3 are meant to catch an attack if you don't have time to react

Not OP but lol, that's retarded. Shields are ass in this game for no reason.
>>
>>335059538
yeah, why can't we get some hard bosses like Dragon God or Pinwheel? Or how about that super hard boss fight Moonlight Butterfly?
>>
>>335056731
The fight sucks because it takes too long to get passed the first phase. He spends too much time in air and since you can only hit the birds head after/during attacks, it can take a long ass time to get to the second phase.

Doesn't help that the camera randomly unlocks when he's flies in circles around you.

First phase is trash and stupid, second phase is manageable and at least not too hard.
>>
>>335059538
Not only are the bosses easy, they're so fucking dull and cliche. Another knight with a sword/spear/etc., over and over and over again. They share so many moves, they're not memorable or interesting.
>>
File: husbaifu.jpg (21 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
husbaifu.jpg
21 KB, 720x405
>>335058827
>>
>>335056731
You're right he is pretty shit and somehow better than every other boss in 3, so its not surprising fromcucks defend it. Not because of: >>335057069 but because the fight is stupidly fucking easy.

The bird and the boss get stunned in like 4 swings. The bird just breathes fire and lets himself get fucked while the boss just watches you fuck up his bird. When you get into phase 2 all he does is the same 4 attacks where you dodge slightly later or earlier I guess it doesnt really fucking matter when you have like 2 secs worth of iframes with the bloodring while poking him down. .
>>
>>335059769
>but lol
That's exactly what they do and they work like a charm.
If you're using fugs it becomes super cheesy because you can rely on blocks when your reaction times aren't enough even in 2h mode.
>>
>>335056731
first explain why it is poorly designed so we can laugh at your poor understanding of mechanics.
>>
>>335059769
greatshields are OP as fuck in some fights and specially for nameless king. dragonslayer greatshield will let you block all of his shit.
>>
>>335060539
How about you read the thread before posting?

Anyways, OP here, I beat the boss. It's amazing how easy the fight became with a lightning res shield. It's actually odd he staggers so easily, you really just have to be aggressive.

I will admit maybe I overreacted about his difficulty, but I still do not think it was a well designed boss fight, especially with that boring first phase.
>>
>>335057069
>I love repeating a shitty, boring dragon fight with TERRIBLE camera controls
You are not supposed to lock on to him until second phase. Your own fault for not thinking of the obvious.
Lightning defense shields exist. Get one.
>I love my faith build being worthless
You love your faith build being useless since moment one of you fucking building it.
It is common knowledge now that faith and Int builds are pointless because Spells do no scale in damage in DS3.

None of what I said counts as "Git Gud". It's "Stop acting retarded".
>>
File: 20160419210557_1.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419210557_1.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>335060010
Git gud senpai
>>
>>335061012
>
You love your faith build being useless since moment one of you fucking building it.
It is common knowledge now that faith and Int builds are pointless because Spells do no scale in damage in DS3.

Laugh at the moron. A faith build uses high base damage raw weapons with sunlight blade, darkmoon blade, or dark weapon.
>>
>>335056731

>dragon is easy
>get rekt when the real fight begins

FUCK
>>
>>335058057
>Lorian put up more of a fight than this guy.

Goes from challenging to top 5 easiest bosses if you have the Dragoncrest shield. His swings don't do much stamina damage, and the fire is almost completely negated. He becomes a circle-and-slash boss with fire resist.

The only thing you have to watch out for is that holy/lightning attack, or whatever the fuck it is.
>>
>>335056731
he looks cool and has a cool bird dragon buddy and his spear has lightning on it
>>
>>335060000
the only knights you fight are nameless king, dragon armor, abyss watchers and soul of cinder you retarded cuck
>>
No idea, beat it third try killing the dragon without using a flask each go.
>>
>>335061185
As opposed to a strength/Dex build using Heavy/sharp/refined weapon and the proper Resins?

Scaling on Heavy, Sharp, and Refined beat out Raw by the time you have a +5 weapon. Which by the time you are fighting the nameless king you should have multiple +10's
Putting a resin on a weapon doesn't remove it's physical damage and scaling. Just adds more damage
Turning a + 10 heavy dark sword with 40 strength from 400 damage to somewhere along the lines of 560-600 without two handing it.

Tell me Raw can get those numbers
>>
>>335056731
It sure would be nice if there were some points to address.
>>
File: woahwowowoaaaaaaa.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
woahwowowoaaaaaaa.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>335061904
>I'm incapable of reading a thread before responding to it

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>335062128
All of that faggots "complaints' Were pretty much summed up by other peoples say that same thing.
Quick being fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1453191856390.jpg (65 KB, 454x419) Image search: [Google]
1453191856390.jpg
65 KB, 454x419
>>335062230
Is english not your first language? I hope not.
>>
>>335060732
No one cares.
>>
>>335062230
>first phase is a boring hit dragon---here---
>shit camera
>OP needed a shield to get through the second phase
>"le fight the boss so he can't fight you" aggressive-only garbage

Boss is bad. Get over it.
>>
>>335057797
I think that's just so you get a sec to rebuff/estus not meant to deal a shit ton of damage
>>
First form sucks. Second one is alright
>>
File: 1454557675796.jpg (260 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454557675796.jpg
260 KB, 1000x1000
>They used Dark Souls 2 delayed parries and not Dark Souls 1 instant parries
>>
Just like every other iteration of the franchise you can cheese even the latest game material with high stab shields
>>
Summon 3 phantoms like the fucking scrub you are
>>
>>335063028
Yeah, it's fucking sluggish trash.
Only complaint about the game really.
>>
>>335063283
You can't even summon phantoms for this fight. I only do bosses solo my first playthrough, anyways,
>>
>>335063028
>>335063353
The amount of partials I get because of this nonsense, I swear to god.
The windows are so fucking weird and awkward.
>>
>>335063028
Use a buckler/target shield, fambino.

They're a shitter's worst nightmare.

If you block an r1, you can parry the second for free

If you get hit with a 2 r1 combo, you can parry if they swing a third time.
>>
>>335057069
I had similar issues until I switched gear and got good.

Don't shield him, just roll with the Carthus ring that gives more roll time.

Stay in front of the dragon, lock on to the king. That way he rarely does his awful fly up in the air and breathe attack.

The attacks you just gotta learn, they are pretty rough but you can get over it.
>>
>>335057069
someones mad. Get better at the game instead of bitching
>>
>>335062639
The answers to those questions where Don't lock on to the camera and Get the lighting shield from the Dragon Armor.

Funny enough the Nameless king is weak to lightning. At least his Armor indicates as such.
And now that I checked the wiki it says he is infact weak to lighting. So OP bitching that his lightning weapon sucks against him just means he ran at this guy low enhanced weapons.

In short. OP is a fucking idiot and all of his complaints are due to his own incompetence.
>>
>>335057069
>I love repeating a shitty, boring dragon fight with TERRIBLE camera controls after he one-two shots me once I make it to fighting him by himself.
You can literally end the first half in seconds.
Evade then.
>I love my faith build being worthless because sunlight blade and my lightning infused weapon deal no damage to him.
The boss use lightning based attacks.
Are you Retarded?
>>
File: 26.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>>335057069
>Shields
Get better at dodging then, I sported two rings that make me take increased damage while wearing early game fashion focused armor and still beat him on my first try.
>>
>>335064747
He is not weak to lightning.

Source, my weapon doing less damage with sunlight blade on.
>>
>>335064947
Seriously thought. Nameless king is actually weak to lightning.

You notice this from his armor set have max 15% lightning resistance.
>>
>>335057160
RUN FREE UNDEAD
>>
>>335056731
I think the dragon should be skipped after you kill it once, it's not really challenging and the camera fucks you over more than anything else.

Don't have much to complain about with Nameless King, aside from that lightning bullshit I can never seem to avoid.
>>
>>335065156
The dragon is weak to lightning not the King
>>
>>335065156
that's like thinking Ornstein is weak to lightning
>>
use a bow ye daft cunts
>>
File: confused_green_eyes.jpg (50 KB, 555x394) Image search: [Google]
confused_green_eyes.jpg
50 KB, 555x394
GUYS NEED QUICK HELP

So I'm propably at the end, collected all the five souls and now i'm in the (propably) final location. I've skipped A LOT of content. Am I fucked? Can i kill final bad guy and still continue with exploration?
>>
>>335066843
You can kill him and teleport out after with no problems.

The game asks you if you want to go to NG+ when you beat it. You can just pick no and continue exploring. If you want to go the new game plus just go back to the Firelink bonfire and there will be an option to move on.
>>
>>335067069
Thank you, love you, take care, bye.
>>
>>335057894
Please fuck off with that
>>
Is NG+ and beyond worth undertaking? I usually just start a new playthrough with a different build. Seems like having high level gear level would let me breeze through most of the game unless they go full retarded and give enemies a fuckton of health.
>>
>>335056731
Just because you got destroyed doesn't make him poorly designed. He definitely favors certain builds, but he can be bested with just about anything.
>>
Well, you can grab +1 versions of certain rings if you're feeling min/maxy
>>
>>335059416
>using lightning on a lightning boss

damn son
>>
>>335061509
All of which have crazy unique stuff to them
>>
>>335056731
That fight was very hard for me. Not because of the boss' moves, but because of the fucking shitty camera.
>>
>>335060000
While I disagree that the bosses are dull, I do see where your coming from with the whole Knight with X weapon theme. I would like more fantasy monsters with unique abilities or something. Of the ones we actually got, Consumed King, Aldrich, the stupid tree with balls, etc. I only really liked the Consumed King just because I like his insane dialogue, his abilities were pretty meh though.
>>
>there are people that lock onto every enemy in souls games
>>
How do I beat Alrdrich?
>>
Got phase two down to half health then just got pulverised. Will try again tomorrow.

However, the first phase is absolutely fucking retarded. It has nothing to do with getting gud.
>>
>>335068391
You say that, but it's not like fighting the dragon part without locking on makes it any better. The camera is still ass.
>>
>>335056731
Anything related to faggot souls is poorly designed.
>>
>use dragon armor greatshield
>use lightning resistant armor
>circle strafe the boss with shield up the entire time

Easiest boss in the game
>>
File: 1438734148649.gif (278 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1438734148649.gif
278 KB, 640x360
>Spend the majority of the fight with the Nameless King only targeting me
>Charges his weapon for the lightning strike
>It hits someone else and kills them

I think I get more satisfaction out of seeing things like this happen than I do when the boss actually dies.
>>
This guy has the easiest move set out of anyone in the game how are you guys having a hard time dodging his attacks?
He does 3 or 4 attacks in his second phase and his last one is usually a distance attack that ends in front of you.
You dodge his 3 attacks wait for him to do the distance attack and when he comes in hit him while he gets his pose back.

Every now and again he does a lightning attack that has aoe which are easy to see
Just stay away from the aoe and you should be fine.

Get gud nigga.
>>
>>335056731
just summon a fucking phantom you fucking casual. It was a fun fight, now fuck off.
>>
>>335069950
Wrong. The second half was fun, but it's not worth the arbitrary 10 minutes beforehand.

You're better off skipping it and fighting the Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>335056731
The most poorly designed boss outside of appearance is Aldrich. What a shitty boss fight.
>>
File: 1352464003507.png (341 KB, 768x842) Image search: [Google]
1352464003507.png
341 KB, 768x842
>>335070891
>you're better off skipping it
>skipping Nameless King

Wew lad
>>
>>335071058
>not Wolnir
>>
>>335056731
If it weren't for phase 1- Lotery Breath of Fire that 1 shots when you are between his legs or whenever he feels like it.

Phase 2 is good tho, and if you suck at dodging, or have a weapon that is too slow to swing without trading, consider getting the Shield from the Armour, it has 95% lightning resist.
>>
File: 2015-07-15-16-30-03~01.png (21 KB, 190x210) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-15-16-30-03~01.png
21 KB, 190x210
>>335071168
>play game once
>spend 20 minutes killing Garbage King
>finish game

>play game again
>return to archdragon fortress
>fight Havel
>leave
>never go back
>finish game again

Havel is more fun than Ten Minutes of Forced Storm Master.
>>
>>335071321
Wolnir and Yhorm too with their dumb gimmicks.
I was watching a stream yesterday and someone was fighting Yhorm without the storm rider. The guy apparently sold it.
>>
File: 1454717244743 cynder_spyro.png (105 KB, 378x321) Image search: [Google]
1454717244743 cynder_spyro.png
105 KB, 378x321
>>335070891
>Soul of Cynder
>>
>>335057160
Run free, undead!
>>
>>335056731
Dragon phase is easy as shit but the camera bullshit is annoying.
>>
>>335071620
I thought Yhorm was pretty cool even if easy. However I'd prefer if the fight started once you pulled the sword and equipped it like in Demon's Souls.
>>
File: 1456954264325.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1456954264325.png
248 KB, 500x495
>>335071597
>Ten Minutes of Forced Storm Master.
>Spending 10 minutes just to beat phase 1

How are you this bad at video games
>>
I really dislike the move where he flies up and rains down fire, feel almost like luck sometimes as far as whether or not you can dodge it, and it borders on a one-hit kill. Other than that, it's fine.
>>
>>335067478
NG+ is insanely easy imo, I'd go with a new build.
>>
>>335056731
I actually liked the first form. It was an interesting twist on the dragon fight. Second form was less fun mainly because he does the same thing Dancer, Pontif and Abyss does. Relentlessly attacks with high speed. Now with the extra reach of a spear!
>>
>>335063028
Little late but fun fact, the cestus has instant parry frames.
>>
File: QUALITY.webm (3 MB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.webm
3 MB, 480x300
King of the storm is ezpz, nameless is just tedious
>>
>>335057160
Run free, undead!
>>
File: 1458460582411.jpg (36 KB, 366x464) Image search: [Google]
1458460582411.jpg
36 KB, 366x464
>>335073653
>people get caught by this attack
just book it when they fly up. It's hard to mistake for any other move of his and it takes a moment for the fire to come down, more than enough time to move away; so unless you're a fucking sloth, you can avoid it easily
>>
>>335074958
You can parry with the Caestus in DaS3?
I thought when you duel wield them you get that poise weapon art thing instead of a parry.
>>
>>335075803
Not dual wielded, just in the off hand like it's a shield.
>>
Git gud
>>
>>335076067
Oh, gotcha.
What about the parrying dagger?
>>
>>335057069
I fought the dragon so often, i don't even need estus till i got the King till like 70%

I cant get the timing for the big lightning strike right though and his rushes are annoying. If you haven't learned to manage your stamina by this point, you are fucked with this boss [this was a git gud advice, sponsored by /v/]
>>
>>335057069
>I love my faith build being useless
It isn't, though. There are blessed weapons and dark spells in this game.
Not to mention that you can just infuse a weapon with a flat damage infusion (i.e deep, raw)
>I love shields being more useless than usual
Either git gud at dodging his attacks (which are probably the most fair in the game) or get a more lightning-resistant shield.
>Swings hitting you regardless of your position, shockwaves
You can dodge his attacks every time if you roll towards them, though.
That includes the shockwaves.
Conclusion: If you're not baiting, literally kill yourself.
>>
I can't for the love of god not dodge his fire breath from above attack.
>>
>>335076382
As soon as you see him start to go into the sky, run away. Don't roll, just run. You should make it out of the range just fine.
>>
>>335073653
Always stay a decent distance from his centre; ideally by his head around his neck, otherwise you won't be able to dodge the overhead fire.
>>
Yo dawg, I heard you like asylum demons.
>>
>>335076952
The amount of sweat and lost chicken legs that was hidden under all those rolls of fat in that cuddle puddle...
>>
>>335076664
>>335076382
There is an audio clue, the dragon always screams, before either, flying or breathing fire (two variants, the ground one and the air one)
>>
>>335077167
Never caught that, but I believe you. I just went with visual. If he flew up and his tail was hanging down, I knew he was breathing down. If he started to move left or right, I knew it was strafing season.

The ground one I just based on the delay and how he moves his head far to the right.

Maybe I had an easier time running away because I didn't bother to lock onto the King of Storms. That second difference of unlocking your camera when he flies up might be what makes or breaks your chances of not getting hit by the fire.
>>
He pretty much kills me in two hits.
Call me casual or whatever but he makes me miss being able to upgrade armors.
>>
>>335077634
In phase 2, it's very possible to block his attacks and not be completely drained of stamina. However, I wouldn't recommend relying on it. Throw up your shield and then dodge, just in case you fuck up the timing. Also great for when he does his wide arc attacks.

And of course, choose one with high lightning resist.
>>
>>335077634
Honestly you probably would have gotten two hit with upgraded armour and gotten one hit without them.
>>
>>335077634
Lightning clutch ring
life ring
yellow bug powder or w/e it's called
greatshield
>>
>>335056731
I swear, if you're the same "lel camera is shit" mongoloid from the previous thread, I'm going to leave this board for a week.
>>
>>335064947
>You can literally end the first half in seconds.

How? It takes me 7-8 swings with my +10 battle axe. The first half is so long and boring and it sucks ass.
>>
>>335057069
GIT GUD
I
T

G
U
D
>>
The only poorly designed boss is Sulyvahn, every other boss is fine but that fucking super long combo that starts by him charging up a cross slash is the stupidest bullshit in this game. The dodge timing is different for every attack in the chain, it does tons of damage, will chase you down to the end of the earth because he travels so far with each hit, and is actually undodgeable if the shadow initiates it.
>>
>>335056731
Learn 2 play
>>
Phase 1 was fucking awful, the camera and surrounding area make it hard to judge your distance from the fucking dragon. If you aren't using a large/long weapon you're not going to get the best punishes.
>>
File: 1460245726774.png (44 KB, 275x299) Image search: [Google]
1460245726774.png
44 KB, 275x299
>>335056731
Lets see you raise some points about why this boss is terrible first

<l:o)-S-C
>>
>>335067478
i started a new playthrough.
cute grill smashing shit with giant greataxe.
I just got my fashion worked out, strength req met, and grass crest gained, so its pretty fun.
>>
File: WOW I INSTANTLY DIED.webm (646 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WOW I INSTANTLY DIED.webm
646 KB, 1280x720
>>335056731
Poorly designed you say?
>>
File: 1458625817248.gif (3 KB, 201x211) Image search: [Google]
1458625817248.gif
3 KB, 201x211
>lock on to dragon
>camera loses lock on, switches to the dude randomly, wiggles around whenever the dragon lands for no reason
>ohh well ill just not use lockon!
>dragon moves around like an epileptic chicken in a rave
>have to hit his head to do any damage
The camera in this game was pretty crap in general but this fight was awful
>>
>>335056731

this boss is just fucking me up constantly.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.