[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man basically makes western ARPGs, how they should be made.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: l58ei8l.jpg (27 KB, 638x424) Image search: [Google]
l58ei8l.jpg
27 KB, 638x424
This man basically makes western ARPGs, how they should be made. There's basically nothing Japanese about the DaS series.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>335053520
>There's basically nothing Japanese about the DaS series.
that's not true. the series has that Japanese attention to detail and god tier art direction
>>
>>335053520

are you fucking serious
>>
>>335053520

That's why "critics" pretend to like it.
>>
>>335055295
Yes. It's all pseudo European fantasy.
>>
>>335055528
why would critics pretend to like it if being a cynical asshole would net far more traffic to their sites? the reviewer that gives it a 6 would get more attention from places like this cesspool and other sites that think cynicism= intellect. In a sea of 9s and 10s the 6 is what you fucks would love to plaster the threads with.
>>
>>335055875
Nerd cred. That way when people call them casuals, they can prove they're hardcore. It could also be an attempt to show Japan how to "properly" make games for the western audience (e.g. no anime art-style).

There's always a chance they genuinely like it, but the past few years make me doubt that very much. At this point, I'm surprised your typical video game "journalist" can figure out how to put their pants on in the morning without a lengthy tutorial first.
>>
>>335053520
If Souls was western rpg it'd all be open fields, it has Japanese action-adventure level design.
>>
>>335055840
With katanas
>>
>>335055840
That sounds like a fuckton of JRPGs.
>>
>>335053520
>Overall game design
>Bosses design
>The boss centred gameplay itself (in most western games bosses are an afterthought)
>Japanese approach to difficulty
>Overall atmosphere and design is based on Berserk, a Japanese comic book
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 640x640
>>335053520
Japs came in and showed yourocuckinstan how medieval rpgs are made. It's hillarious
>>
File: 1460046169945.jpg (672 KB, 815x4189) Image search: [Google]
1460046169945.jpg
672 KB, 815x4189
>>335053520
>There's basically nothing Japanese about the DaS series
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.