[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Stardew Valley?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: tmp_20573-header-1376487564.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20573-header-1376487564.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
What does /v/ think of Stardew Valley?
>>
>pirated it
>played it for 150 hours
>felt bad
>bought it
>played 200 hours on Steam
>playing right now

11/10 GOTYAY
>>
>>335053136
Pretty fun. Kind of sucks you can't romance Marnie
>>
>>335053136
>pirated it
>played it for 2 hours
i can see why people like it but its i find it just a chore and it isn't that much fun
>>
>>335054352
literally / figuratively me
never tried the Harvest Moon series and I thought it could be a segway into them.
Guess I just have to try Harvest Moon properly then.
>>
>>335054352
Because it's cozy.
>>
I like it. It's a western Harvest Moon for PC, made by one guy. Wish it were more moddable.
>>
>>335053136
fad of the week when it came out

like every other meme game
>>
I played it for 90 minutes, decided I didn't like it, and just replayed Friends of Mineral Town.
>>
i played like ~10 hours of it while watching tv and shit, it's a kind of nice game

but you come to realize that its just like cookie clicker/ trimps where the only real incentive to play is for the numbers to go higher. nothing really changes, i mean you get upgrades and such but none of it seemed like it would make the game more fun

it's tedious as fuck to water all the plants yourself, but if i had actually finished my elaborate sprinkler system, there wouldn't really have been anything to do. mining isn't much fun either
>>
>>335054632
>playing MFoMT
>trying to marry Gourmet
I know secret bachelors are supposed to be hard to woo and all, but goddamn I don't have the patience for this.
>>
>keep getting a white screen
i refunded
>>
Seems like a perfect reddit-core. I can't imagine anyone but the most disgusting normalfags wasting their time on this
>>
I've played it for a view hours and this was my take away.
You can't complain about it being repetitive but unlike other similar titles there was always a goal of some sort. Outside of your mission list there is no goals and leave you to find one on your own. To the average person that is fine but a game should have “challenge” and this game does not.
The combat is completely void of any depth and feels tacked on. It's neither challenging nor fun, the game would have been better without it all together.
"The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone"
The villagers lack any interesting character and their designs are bland. They have only as much interest in you and your life as you give them attention and affection. By nature it feels parasitic at worst and completely indifferent to your existence at best.
There are better games of this type out there like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and Recettear. This game looks and feels like a very polished New Grounds flash game but the quality is about the same.
>>
File: 185625615.jpg (20 KB, 460x388) Image search: [Google]
185625615.jpg
20 KB, 460x388
>>335053136
>chuckfish as publisher
>>
>>335054078

>pirated it
>played it for 15 hours
>game felt bad and to scripted to be enjoyable
>uninstalled it
>hate it now and everyone that likes it

3/10 would not pirate again. If you are a child that likes grinding and having the illusion of freedom, go for it faggot.
>>
>>335055864
>I never played Harvest Moon - the post.

Game is pretty damn good if you like that genre. People have tastes, you know. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK /v/ UNWRITTEN RULES, I WILL BE NICE FROM THAT DAY.

You have right to have your opinion, faggot!
>>
>>335056063

Point taken anon, have a nice day.
>>
>>335056170
No problem, have a nice day too.
>>
>>335053136
How is this anthro villagers mod doing?
>>
bought day 1. played for about 40 hours. a little ways into spring year 2. did half the bundles. got tired of the grind.

was fun while it lasted. definitely worth my 15 buckaroos.
>>
I've been playing it on and off, but besides earning a pittance from my crops and random shit I can find to sell in order to buy super expensive upgrades, I don't know what else there is I'm supposed to do.
>>
>>335053136
Gets fucking old after a in-game year.
>>
>>335058658
mining/combat, fishing, raising animals, random quests, giving gifts, events

and of course do the bundles in the community center, doofus.
>>
File: 1456372332073.jpg (16 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1456372332073.jpg
16 KB, 255x247
>>335055768
worry not, my friend! Cluckefucks have nothing to do with the game! Just like Risk of Rain

However, they do shitpost and lie about how Starbound is superior to Terraria if someone mentions both of those games in the /vg/ general
That happened yesterday by the way
>>
>>335058891
Sounds like Harvest Moon alright.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.