[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't get me wrong, I really like Link's Awakening,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: LA 4chan.jpg (3 KB, 240x80) Image search: [Google]
LA 4chan.jpg
3 KB, 240x80
Don't get me wrong, I really like Link's Awakening, but why is it so damn overrated? For example, why is it almost consistently placed above A Link to the Past, which has
>funner, more fast-paced gameplay
>more challenging gameplay
>more enemies/content in the overworld
>more items to use
>bottles
>better/more complex dungeons in general (inb4 Eagle's Tower)

Is it because of LA's story, or LA's music? Even then I don't get it. Why is LTTP so shitted on and LA so praised?
>>
>>335050601
It's literally the better game, that's why.
>>
>>335050936
Mkay how
>>
>>335051278
I enjoyed it more, it has an original story and didn't drag on. I don't really need to go into much more detail, you have your preference and I have mine.
>>
>>335051278
It's hard to exactly say why for me, but I lose interest in LTTP around the halfway mark of the game. Link's Awakening keeps me invested all the way through. It's my favorite game in the series, actually.
>>
>>335050601
>Why is LTTP so shitted on

This is just untrue btw, it seems you're cherry picking negative comments you've heard / read, alttp is regularly praised on /v/
>>
>>335050936
>literally the better game
>>335051520
>my preference

pick one.
>>
>>335050601

Because it's babby's first zeruda. Real men know The Adventure of Link is best Zelda.
>>
>>335050601
ALttP has shitty puzzles that are barely above the first game's puzzles.
>>
>>335051278
Link's Awakening is given praise for similar reasons that Majora's mask is: It's set somewhere other than Hyrule, a greater emphasis is placed on it's setting telling its story (The stages of death in Majora thing and all weird surreal stuff alluding to Awaking being a dream), shorter but more quality in level and world design. An advantage that Link's Awaking has is the inclusion items like the rock's feather, allowing a platforming edge to the puzzles and world design. The games length also helps as shorter games often fail to overstay their welcome or drag on in certain aspects, like Twilight's opening section or Wind Waker's original Triforce hunt.

Overall it is a short, surreal and more unique entry in the Zelda series that proved the transition and hardware limitations of portable devices does not get in the way of great game design and story.
>>335051520
>I don't really need to go into much more detail
You came to image board's videogame section, clicked on a thread about a game you like NOT to actually discuss it? Fucking hell anon.
>>
>>335050601
I've noticed this phenom too. I think it's that Awakening is just a little easier. Granted, none of the Zelda games are particularly difficult, but that's sort of the point. Ones like Link's Adventure with some genuine difficulty are universally hated. So when you get Awakening that is essentially a shorter, easier version of Link to the Past, you're tapping into what Zelda enthusiasts want.
>>
File: 1461188762950.jpg (211 KB, 1024x1283) Image search: [Google]
1461188762950.jpg
211 KB, 1024x1283
>>335052948
Quality /v/ posters are so rare. Why do you still come here? Not shit posting, just wondering since so often good posts seem like a wasted effort.
>>
>>335053508
>Why do you still come here?
Mostly news.
>just wondering since so often good posts seem like a wasted effort.
Your pessimism is certainly valid, but simply accepting or contributing to the lack of quality of posts doesn't help at all. There is merit to this place, even if it is easy to argue that there isn't.
>>
>>335052948
>Link's Awakening is given praise for similar reasons that Majora's mask is

That sums it up pretty nicely.
LA and MM are definitely my favourite Zeldas.
Although in case of LA part of the reason may be that it was my first Zelda.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.