[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games use mystical deserts as a setting? I really like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
What games use mystical deserts as a setting?

I really like old middle eastern and Indian folklore, and want to play more games that use them. Pic related is the only series I can think of from the top of my head.
>>
Aladdin on the SNES, Megadrive, and PS1.

All different games respectively.
>>
Journey?
>>
File: Aurora_Concept.jpg (83 KB, 1500x706) Image search: [Google]
Aurora_Concept.jpg
83 KB, 1500x706
The game was shitty, but Fable 3 had a really good desert part. It had a great atmosphere.
>>
>>335050560
This.
Play that GAME. What a jem.

+ Sands of Time reminds me of times, when you played the game and was curious what challenge awaits you behind the next corner. I have the similar feeling playing Portal 2 right now. (slowpoke, yes). Nowadays there are just some shitty boring sandboxes, where every-fucking-thing feels exactly the same.
>>
>>335050994
I always wanted to play Journey but I never had a PS3. Same with Bloodborne now.

I guess I'll just wait until emulators exist.
>>
Gauntlet Dark Legacy had some levels with a desert setting

https://youtu.be/2aaSNi7nnu4
>>
Was pop08 good?
>>
>>335050201
SoT had such a beautiful, fable-like atmosphere.
>>
>>335052121
What was it that made it so brilliant?

The gameplay wasn't even that great.
>>
>>335052185
Gameplay was fun, time play was really useful and interesting, story was simple but cool and sometime. It's a good vidya.
>>
Every modern shooter
>>
>>335052596
Don't forget that atmosphere, and the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPhZbhDxMQ

What sort of genre of music is this anyway?
>>
>>335052893
Videogame soundtrack
>>
Stronghold Crusader has a great soundtrack and desert setting with middle eastern caricatures to play as. Not much for a story or folklore though.
>>
>>335050201
Which soulslike is this?
>>
File: pop3walk.jpg (74 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
pop3walk.jpg
74 KB, 400x399
>>335052185
It was just a really good reboot, especially compared to the last one. Most people probably don't even remember PoP 3D.
>>
File: too much pussy.jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
too much pussy.jpg
56 KB, 800x600
>>335050994
>+ Sands of Time reminds me of times, when you played the game and was curious what challenge awaits you behind the next corner.

I think how I'd describe is the eponymous "action adventure" which is a term that's lost all meaning today considering everything is a fucking hybrid.
>>
>>335052893
Basically it's like an Indian raga, but with more chanting and guitar.

https://youtu.be/-wra4p4zARw?t=121

>>335053406
I'd LOVE a souls game with PoP aesthetic.

In fact, I almost wonder if From took inspiration from the way PoP took Arabic and Indian architecture and turned it up to 11. Souls basically does the same thing but with medieval designs.

Poo in loo memes aside I really would want a game that uses India as a setting. It's really fucking interesting.
>>
>>335050994
>>335053626
Don't forget that PoP Sands was actually a ballache sometimes, some of the parts were legitimately difficult. I think that made it more memorable if anything.
>>
>try to look up Farah's skirt in first person
>she yells at you to stop staring at her
>Prince drops spaghetti all over the floor
Blew my mind back then
>>
>>335053626
Am I the only one who thought Warrior Within fucked everything up?
>>
File: qadim2.gif (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
qadim2.gif
62 KB, 640x480
>>335050201
Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse. Most probably won't like it considering it's an SSI RPG, though.
>>
>>335053789
>Souls game in india
>farron keep
>>
>>335054186
In what fucking sense?

Oh, I'm being memed, right.
>>
>>335050201
At first I thought you posted a screenshot from Jak 3.
>>
>>335054086
Am I the only one who thought Grove Street was home until I fucked everything up?
>>
>>335050201
Shit

Does it really look as bad as that? I remember it looking better.

The last PoP game I played was Forgotten Sands. It was fun.
>>
>>335055143
All games from that era look the same.

On that note, PRINCE OF PERSIA SANDS OF TIME WAS RELEASED IN 2003

IT IS 13 TEARS OLD
>>
>>335056103
>13 tears
Moron. Anyway, so? It was a PS2 game for christ's sake.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.