[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls = Dark Souls III >power>gap>
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 355x142) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 355x142
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls = Dark Souls III >power>gap> Bloodborne > Dark Souls II

This undeniable unless you have shit taste. If you call me a hipster for recognizing the superior piece then you're a fucking faggot and probably have only played DaSI/II on PC.
>>
Why is bb so lo
>>
>>335049539
nice try pccuck
>>
Nice hipster taste faggot
>>
>>335049539
>le first game is best meme
lmao
bb > das3 > das > des > das2
>>
>>335049635
›Pcuck
›his nr.1 is a Sony exclusive
Literally what
>>
>>335049759
It's not the best because it's the first, you presumptuous faggot. It's the best because its the best. It does best what From does best, which is creating a cohesive, cryptic, engaging, and human story using fantastical tropes and unique avant garde art direction.
>>
I agree with OP, but he should get move the power gap to be between BB and DS2. BB is still great, if not quite as great as the others.
>>
>>335049539
You're right but people will hate you for it.

Fun fact: Most people on /v/ never played DeS or Bloodborne, and the ones who did are sonydrones who lack any kind of objectivity.
>>
DeS is good but is extremely rough around the edges and unfinished. DaS is literally just a straight up better version of DeS in most aspects. DaS2 improved some things while completely fucking up the level design and atmosphere. BB is no more a souls game than Fallout 3 is an Elder Scrolls game.
Objectively the ranks go
DaS3 > DaS > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>335050126
>>335049596
I respect the BB fans but I found the art direction wanting (compared to other entries) and its world not as engaging.
>>
Bloodborne is the best. Deal with it faggots.
>>
>>335049539
so you didnt notice the ENORMOUS improvements that have been made since demons souls?

sounds like muh nostalgia
>>
Demons souls is the shittiest one though.

>sex locked armor
>stages are short as hell
>later stages are literally just boss rooms
>tons of gimmick boss battles
>barely any armor/weapon variety
>magic is the strongest in this game
>lock on function doesn't work as far as the other games
>missing content
>exploitable buffs
>>
What "improvements" do. Dark souls add? Plunging attack? Partying (that wasn't even explained in the game)? Every boss being fuckhige? It felt like a step back. Humanity was far lamer than the black tendency system. Rea pawning enemies was lame. Walking everywhere for 1/2 of game was lame. Dark souls was lame.
>>
>>335050351
Improvement in what? Gameplay mechanics and UI? I'm largely judging aesthetics, creativity, character design, world-building, atmosphere, plot, dialogue, etc. By YOUR criteria I'd be a fool not to rate DaSIII the highest.
>>
File: 1460663788922.png (171 KB, 384x236) Image search: [Google]
1460663788922.png
171 KB, 384x236
>>335049539
> its another The original was best! Episode
>>
PvE:
DaS3>DeS>DaS>DaS2

PvP:
DaS2>DeS>DaS

Cannot judge DaS3 PvP until theyre done with patches.
>>
>>335050639
I love when people make assumptions about things they have no experience in. You either havent played Demon's Souls or have shit taste, so fuck off
>>
>>335050551
ok so you didnt play bloodborne? it has by far the best non-gameplay aspects of any game in the series. i would say it has the best gameplay as well, but ive not tried dark souls 3 yet
>>
>>335049539
Bloodborne >/= Demon's Souls >>> (massive power gap) >>> Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin >>> Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls 2
>>
>>335050551
Please give me a break
You could just as easily make half these cases for DaS or DaS3
>>
>>335050735
Dark Souls III > Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > POWER GAP >>> Dark Souls II

I'm sorry, but your taste is shit anon
>>
DS3 > BB > DS1 > DeS > DS2

objectively true
>>
This, DeS felt like a prototype for DaS. Still has the most interesting atmosphere and setting of the whole series while having some variety and the best presentation of any Souls game, 1-2 (the bridge), 4-2 (Cliffside shrine) and 3-2 (Towers of Latria) put any other Souls area to shame.
Also the storytelling was great, not so much item bullshit but lore mostly told through environment, the NPC questlines were simple and interesting at the same time (only one I missed on my first playthrough was Yuria).
In DeS it seems that they focused more on making interesting gameplay situations even if now all the retards call these "gimmicks".
>>
>>335050776
Bloodborne is bland and uninspired, troglodyte. It also lacks any originality in its aesthetics and has the MOST pointless NPC interactions. It's just a homogenized action game made to push PS4s, anon.
>>
>>335050202
How can DaS be better if it's more unfinished than DeS?

The entire back half of Dark Souls is rushed and broken. The only thing unfinished in Demons Souls is Northern Limits.
>>
>>335050974
spoken like a true never ever
>>
>>335050802
Dark Souls lore falls apart the second you realize that the soul system only makes sense in Demons Souls.
>>
>>335050202
>BB is no more a souls game than Fallout 3 is an Elder Scrolls game.
This is a horrible comparison, and you should feel bad for making it. Also, DeS, for whatever reason, has the best online out of every single Souls game. Like, I don't know how they fucked that up so bad in all the later titles. Plus, it's kind of nice being able to play the game in whichever order you like, instead of being forced to go through a bunch of areas before getting to whichever weapon or item you want.
>>
>>335051065
Except i've been a PlayStation fanboy a long time AND a From fanboy since Otogi and Armored Core, and I still recognize how shittily BB was executed.
>>
File: 20160421_142330.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160421_142330.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>335050735
Eat my fat American chode

I started off with demons souls years ago and hyped every soul successor that followed. Demons souls is overshadowed in many ways. The only reason to go back to it is to fight those bosses and experience the atmosphere again. Everything else DS3 & Bloodborne did better
>>
>>335050028
>>le first is best meme
lmao
nice buzzwords
>>
>>335049539
Played every game, that's how it is for me:
BB>DS3>DeS>DS1>>>>>>>>DS2
Now fuck off
>>
>>335051327
>admits the atmosphere and aesthetics are better

Yeah, thats what we're fucking talking about, idiot.
>>
>>335051179
How is it a bad comparison? Just because two games play similarly doesn't make them part of the same series.
>>
>>335049539

Disregarded because BB isn't first.
>>
>>335050974
>lacks originality in its aesthetics
Name 3 other video games with a similar dark gothic/victorian aesthetic. I'll wait
>>
Demon's Souls is the MGS2 of Souls. I hate to say it but it's literally too deep for the teenage neckbeards on /v/. It's pretty apparent people prefer the later titles simply because of trivial bullshit like UI and a useless third attack button.
>>
>>335051625
The fact is that I can name a 100 examples from every medium with identical aesthetics, retard. Read a book or watch a film sometimes.
>>
>>335051430
>admits the atmosphere and aesthetics are better

Where'd I say that? Are you stupid? Demons souls atmosphere is unique, but not better.
>>
You can't trust people who get triggered and say Bloodborne is better. Keep in mind that these people are trying to justify spending $400+ dollars just to play it.
>>
>>335050974
>bland and uninspired
nice one
now try and come up with an actual criticism
> It also lacks any originality in its aesthetics
blatanlty wrong
>the MOST pointless NPC interactions
blatantly wrong
>It's just a homogenized action game
blatantly wrong

0/10, see me after class
>>
>>335051865
So you can't even name 3? What a flimsy argument. If you go by your logic then no video game is original because so many are inspired by literature and movies.
>>
>>335050974
Why do i feel like you didn't play it ?
For exemple give me the name of the only unique mob in the game (no chalice) ?
>>
>>335051898
>consoleshits have to justify their Bloodborne-machine
>PCfats have to justify their Memetale-machine
I love 2016
>>
>>335051865
should be pretty easy to name 3 out of those hundreds of examples
>>
>>335051898
whats it like to be unemployed or living paycheck to paycheck?
>>
DaS=Shadow Tower Abyss>DeS>DaS3>Shadow Tower>King's field series(nobody here will have played so no point me ranking them)>BB>DaS2>eternal ring
>>
>>335052013
le quiz to test your knowledge game
>>
>>335049539
No > One > Cares > About > Your > Shitty > Opinions > Stop > Making > Threads > Like > This
>>
>>335051992
Demon's Souls has originality in its aesthetics.

>>335052013
I have played it and what the fuck do you even mean a "unique mob?" This is some schoolyard shit anon, if you dont believe I have the credentials to form an opinion, youre absolutely incredulous that somebody else could have played this game and not liked it, then disengage from the discussion and move on with your life like a normal human would.
>>
>>335052367
Insult, talking about shit....
Yea you obviously didn't play it.
Unique mob = unique mob. Open a dictionnary.
>>
>>335049764
It was a decent attempt to throw us off his trail, but if he had actually played DeS, then there's no way he'd be able to say it's better than DaS.

If he had actually played BB, there's no way he'd be able to say its worse than DeS, DS2, or DS3.
>>
>>335052507
Great discussion bro

>>335052517
Shit taste

Honestly its apparent why the industry is where it is today. You people dont value originality or creativity. You just want a homogenized fantasy hack n slash with zero depth.
>>
File: DiReIrv.jpg (289 KB, 1200x1155) Image search: [Google]
DiReIrv.jpg
289 KB, 1200x1155
>>335052367
>Demon's Souls has originality in its aesthetics.
>medieval fantasy and Berserk
LOL
>>
Bloodborne ≥ Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 >>> Demon's Souls (((POWER GAP))) >>>>>>> Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>335052013
Obv. not him but, is it the scholar squid kids in the lecture building?
>>
>>335052031
See how this one brings up Undertale for some reason? Also take note how he can't refrain from projecting. He is the one who uses memes, yet it's the rest of the world that is a meme.

>>335052150
See how this one can't stand that others don't spend their money haphazardly, thus being poor? Everyone this person argues with is either poor, ugly, fat; or all three. Fascinating.
>>
>>335053038
Pcfat detected
>>
>>335051448
The souls playstyle is unique, and so are the mechanics it used. It's why LOTF is called a Souls-like rather than just an ARPG.

Bloodborne has a higher pace and some unique atmosphere but it's clearly Souls. Dark Souls 3 shows just how similiar the two are, all you need to do is tune some damage output, combo and dodge mechanics and bam, you get Bloodborne.

Fallout 3 only uses the same engine from TES, so it visually looks and feels like it but the gameplay style is quite different. In any case, people still call Fallout 3 Oblivion with guns so i'm not sure where ypu were going with that.
>>
>>335052714
>every first game in a series is the best game for this reason alone, gameplay improvements don't mean shit to me

Yeah, we get it. But how can you say Bloodborne wasn't original or creative?
>>
>>335050536
The world design of Dark Souls is probably one of the best ever made in video games. The way the world is interconnected, the way you travel around it, how everything articulates correctly, how you can see fucking Blighttown and Dukes archives from Firelink shrine, it's just amazing and the level design doesn't even suffer from it. To add to this, the fact that you can level up on your journey really made the experience a continuous adventure and constant exploration with incredible moments when you're lost and go on and suddenly find yourself in a familiar area you've seen hours ago, slowly and naturally mindmapping the game, like what a true adventure game should be.

Too bad they fucked it up in the later part of the game with linear area and had to fix it with teleportation, but I think the world design of DaS is severely underrated.
>>
>>335053369
World:

DaS > BB > DeS > DaS3 > DS2

Level design

BB > DaS > DaS3 > DeS >>>>>>> DS2

PvP

DS2 > DaS > BB > DeS

Gameplay

BB > DaS > DaS3 > DeS > DS2

Bosses

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS > DS2
>>
File: image_99.jpg (663 KB, 1196x2048) Image search: [Google]
image_99.jpg
663 KB, 1196x2048
Dark Souls > Stream sniping DaS 1 streams with two ring > Demon Souls > Dark souls 3 > Didn't play BB but it's probably here > Superman 64 > ET for the Atari 2600 > Wod > Grown Ups 1&2 > Dark souls 2
>>
>>335052367
Still waiting on 3 examples
>>
>>335053923
This is an opinion I can agree with, except for PvP
DaS2 PvP was only fun for honorfags
The DaS/DeS thing of invading worlds of others when they're not expecting you simply wasn't here in DaS2, it was all about arena and duels on the bridge, and while I like both of these, Dark Souls, DeS and DaS3 allowed me to invade worlds of other players and play with the environment, there was so much things to do and so much fun builds to try depending on the areas too.
>>
>>335053324
My point is that you're equally as retarded as the retards that call Fallout Oblivion with guns
>>
>>335053923
>world
>dark souls over bloodborne and demon's souls

Is this bait or do you actually believe something so wrong?
>>
>>335051048
This is just my thoughts but I think they didn't want you to take a short walk to every Archdemon but had to because of time and budget maybe. Also I assume Dragon God should have been longer.
>>
They're all slightly above average games that don't justify the amount of exposure this series has received
>>
>>335055206
The world is the setting, overall map, backstory and lore.
>>
>>335054974
If you cant concieve of 3 examples of gothic victorian settings and eldritch beings in media yourself then youre an uncultured moron.
>>
>>335055681
I get that, Bloodborne's is better though.
>>
>>335056421
It's just not as interesting as the lore and story in DaS. It's very close though.
>>
>>335056689
I think it's much more interesting. Cosmic entities are more interesting than generic dark fantasy is to me.
>>
>>335049539
Absolutely halal, familam
>>
>>335051768
True
>>
>>335056002
>aesthetics
>>
>>335056002
The order 1884
>>
>>335049539
SotFS > DS1 > DS2 > DS 3

Haven't played BB or DES because I don't play on consolecuck trash. From what I can tell DES is gimmicky garbage which laid the foundations for a more polished DS1. And BB is just a more casual DS3.
>>
>>335058572
I can hear you mouthbreathing from here, faget
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.