[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ defend NFC locked content? Sure it's neat that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: amiibo-hero-mobile.jpg (112 KB, 768x365) Image search: [Google]
amiibo-hero-mobile.jpg
112 KB, 768x365
Why does /v/ defend NFC locked content?
Sure it's neat that one Amiibo can unlock multiple things across games but with Wolf Link's dungeon and Kirby Kirby's UFO Nintendo has shown that they can and will make new Amiibo that locks content that only that Amiibo unlocks. It doesn't matter if you bought Smash Link or Smash Kirby.
>>
>>335044480
We need a device that decodes all of them forever. Then nintendo and literal manchildren can go fuck yourselves with that plastic figurines all they want...
>>
>>335044480
Because all of the locked content is not required to experience 99% of the game

If I don't have amiibos for TPHD, I literally miss out on filling my heart meter ONCE a day

Plus it beats paying $60 for a season pass that locks 50% of the game
>>
>>335044480
because, as a gamer, nintendo are your friends, and one of the few companies you can count on.

They need all the help they can get
>>
>>335045451
Nice false flag mate ;-)
>>
>>335044480
Way to start out your post with a false premise.
Reported.
>>
>>335044480
If Nintendo didn't make content exclusive to amiibo, then people would complain that they don't gain anything from them. As long as it's nothing you need to beat the game, there's no problem with it.
>>
>>335045683
is it still a falseflag if you have a wii u
>>
>>335045362
Hyrule Warriors, Link Spinner
Mario Party, actual Mario Party mode
Splatoon, missions
Shovel Knight, Co-op mode
Codename Steam, playable characters
TPHD, dungeon
Amiibo Festival, the whole game
>>
>>335045775
>$15 on disc dlc unlocked using a physical item
It's ok when Nintendo does it.
>>
Disc locked content is okay when Nintendo does it. How don't you know this by now?
>>
>>335045775
Nobody cares about the content, they're buying the figures for the figures. Why do you think World of Nintendo toys are being scalped?
>>
File: 1461006591567.jpg (27 KB, 494x370) Image search: [Google]
1461006591567.jpg
27 KB, 494x370
>new nintendo exclusive comes out
>anti-nintendo shitposting revs up
>>
Amiibos were supposed to be 50% collectibles and 50% used in game. People who complain about locked content are not in the right niche nintendo is selling towards.
>>
>>335044480

So buying the dlc digitally is fine but buying an amiibo is bad?

You can't even cite scarcity anymore. If you want the content, but an amiibo.
>>
>>335044973
They already exist.
>>
>>335046809
Buying a skin is like $2.99, buying an Amiibo is $14.99
Tbh you shouldn't pay $1.99 for a skin but that's a different issue.
>>
>>335046612
Oh yeah that sweet new Nintendo exclusive hand holding bullshit game is out. Gee it sure looks like they're going out of the box with this one. I bet everyone is jealous they didn't get a wiiu r...right?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.